Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Dyno Dynamics to Dyno Jet comparison..

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 03:32 PM
booger

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Crom
Was going to try and find another DD around town to do another test..but they're pretty hard to track down. Stillen wouldn't do it because they only allow kits they install to be dyno'ed and was woried about liability issues.
A Mustang dyno will read close to a DD dyno also . Just ask them NOT to put in a DynoJet correction to get a good comparision .
Old 10-30-2007, 04:07 PM
ZU L8R
Viper Sellout

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SpoilsofWar
World record - 4 pages in the FI section and zero TOS violations. A pat on the back for everyone involved in this thread.
I was thinking the same thing
Old 10-30-2007, 04:23 PM
XKR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bullitproof
That was my car, i think. So, are you saying that 18psi greddy twins with cams wouldnt get you 500whp on a DD? not trying to be a smart*ss, just asking a question. anyway, i'll be heading to a local dynojet tomorrow to compare the dynapack numbers as compared to a dynojet. After that, i might even throw down on a dyno dynamics just to complete the trilogy . i'll post up when i get back.
Bullitproof....

I am not sure if it was your post or car I was talking about.....but the reason I was thanking Julian is because that was the kind of info/answers I have been looking for. And I was mentioning what had happened when I asked that question in a thread like this.

I could be wrong...but if I remember clearly...the car in question made over 600rwhp on a DynoPack running the same boost as me with less of a setup, but on a DJ I made over 550 and on the DD I made 501 @14psi. So like I said...Julian cleared it all up for me. Not that I could not get the answer from Sharif...

I am not knocking the car in question....I just wanted to know the difference between DD, DJ and DP.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:02 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by XKR
Bullitproof....

I am not sure if it was your post or car I was talking about.....but the reason I was thanking Julian is because that was the kind of info/answers I have been looking for. And I was mentioning what had happened when I asked that question in a thread like this.

I could be wrong...but if I remember clearly...the car in question made over 600rwhp on a DynoPack running the same boost as me with less of a setup, but on a DJ I made over 550 and on the DD I made 501 @14psi. So like I said...Julian cleared it all up for me. Not that I could not get the answer from Sharif...

I am not knocking the car in question....I just wanted to know the difference between DD, DJ and DP.
The differences is an average and can not fully be applied to ALL different dynos. Basically alot of people are too concearned with the PEAK HP number,rather than the drivability and trap speed.A trap speed wont lie even with a bad driver. If you trap 130+ you making over 600hp on a DJ.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:08 PM
taurran

Nice post.

But, I still believe if you want to claim power figures that you can't simply apply percentage corrections because, as stated, no two dynos, conditions, and operators are alike. If you want to tune on a load based dyno, do it. If you want to make claims or post "dynojet numbers", then take $50 and run the car on a Dynojet.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:18 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by MRC Motorsports
.A trap speed wont lie even with a bad driver. If you trap 130+ you making over 600hp on a DJ.
So when I trap 130mph or more with 578whp Dynojet #'s you wont believe it?
Old 10-30-2007, 05:34 PM
Bullitproof

Originally Posted by XKR
Bullitproof....

Nah, that wasnt me. at 15psi, i'm at 550whp on the DP. when i head to the dyno tomorrow, i'm only doing 4 runs, so they will all be at 18psi. i'll just assume the 15psi number is 50whp less per my DP numbers. supposed to head up there by 2-3 oclock.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:36 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Originally Posted by Bullitproof
Nah, that wasnt me. at 15psi, i'm at 550whp on the DP. when i head to the dyno tomorrow, i'm only doing 4 runs, so they will all be at 18psi. i'll just assume the 15psi number is 50whp less per my DP numbers. supposed to head up there by 2-3 oclock.
Why not 2 at 15psi, 2 at 18psi?
Old 10-30-2007, 05:40 PM
Bullitproof

I heard dynojets can be all over the place and i just wanted to get a good average. if i got one high number and then one low at the same boost level, i wouldnt feel comfortable just taking the higher number.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:42 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Take a few minutes between runs and they wont be all over the place. I did 3 back to back runs with maybe 1 minute in between and had close #'s! IMO the point of you going is to stop assuming what it would do on a DJ and see, if you dont do pulls at 15psi you wont know and still be assuming!
Old 10-30-2007, 05:48 PM
Bullitproof

Originally Posted by Alberto
Take a few minutes between runs and they wont be all over the place. I did 3 back to back runs with maybe 1 minute in between and had close #'s! IMO the point of you going is to stop assuming what it would do on a DJ and see, if you dont do pulls at 15psi you wont know and still be assuming!
I see what your'e saying. but if i ran 550whp at 15psi and 600whp at 18 psi on the DP, it would be a safe assumption that whatever i run at 18psi will be 50whp less at 15psi. high or low, one of the cool things about the DP is how close the numbers are between runs.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:59 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Whatever floats your boat man, you could end all assumptions on your end tomorrow but....
Old 10-30-2007, 06:16 PM
IntenseFab
Sponsor
Intense Motorsports

Whatever floats your boat man, you could end all assumptions on your end tomorrow but....
For those of you that like reading..
http://www.moto-one.com.au/performan...onfactors.html

Here's what a few of the correction factors mean and what they correct.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:17 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Good link
Old 10-30-2007, 06:23 PM
IntenseFab
Sponsor
Intense Motorsports

For DJ operators you have to understand what the correction factors are for and why you are correcting, I've seen people set their #s stuck to STD w/ smoothing at 5 and say "i dunno its just how it is". The truth is, it's a simple right click to change the correction factor and every DJ operator knows that STD is the highest read-out.

I honestly don't think that DJ's would be far off from DD if operators didnt correct everything.

Boosted cars create their own atmosphere, there's no need to start with a higher or lower base atmosphere. All numbers posted and shown should be UNCORRECTED, this is the true horsepower read out whether its 10-50 hp lower.

SAE, STD, DIN etc correction factors are for people in hotter, higher climates that will consistently read substantially lower, so what happened was they said "well we need to create a standard correction so anyone anywhere can apply it and have a similar read out". So when you take you're N/A car to your dyno when it's 8000ft above sea level you're not scratching your head as to why you're only making 200whp. The DJ operator can say hey well lets see what you would make at sea level, on a normal day, ok (applies SAE/STD Correction) here's 234whp backed by another 236whp.

Last edited by IntenseFab; 10-30-2007 at 06:31 PM.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:28 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

So when I trap 130mph or more with 578whp Dynojet #'s you wont believe it?
Well your the exception, you drive like a maniac and rev out to 9000 rpms.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:34 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

LOL 9000rpm's limiter!? For now is only 7200rpm's...
Old 10-30-2007, 06:35 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

LOL 9000rpm's limiter!? For now is only 7200rpm's...
Ive seen your in car videos, your Tach goes off the charts in between shifts.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:36 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Limiter is limiter, unless Im mechanically over-revving (never have) by mis-shift it stops at 7200 lol...
Old 10-30-2007, 06:46 PM
Bullitproof

Stayed tuned........

Quick Reply: Dyno Dynamics to Dyno Jet comparison..