Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

GReddy turbo install, now no start

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 01:59 PM
EnduroMTS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GReddy turbo install, now no start

Hey, i just installed a GReddy turbo kit on an 05 G, and now it don't start. The coils are not getting a signal to spark. I've exhausted everything I can possibly check without a Consult-like scan tool. There are also no codes, all fuses are good, there's voltage to all the sensors. Its getting fuel and the MAF is good.

Think it could be a cam or crank sensor? Thats what i'm leaning toward but i need something to check their patterns. Any ideas?
Old 12-18-2007, 02:57 PM
QuadCam

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

what ems are you running? are u using the stock supplied emanage blue?

if so, you possibly wired something backwards.
Old 12-18-2007, 03:10 PM
EnduroMTS

Originally Posted by QuadCam
what ems are you running? are u using the stock supplied emanage blue?

if so, you possibly wired something backwards.

I've checked the wiring on that over and over again. I thought i might have damaged the wire after where i tapped in and the signal wasn't getting out, but there is voltage, power, and signal after every wire i tapped into. Its cranking, air, fuel, all fuses good. There's even power coming out of all the pins of the ECU there's supposed to be power coming out of. I was starting to think about the immobilizer, but that would prevent the car from even cranking wouldn't it?

As far as for checking the cam and crank sensors, i can only check to make sure they're functioning correctly w/ an oscilloscope right?
Old 12-18-2007, 03:43 PM
thawk408

Make sure all your grounds are connected. If the coils are not getting a spark then it is not the crank or cam sensors. I am not sure what all you installed, but trace back to what will cause the packs to not spark. Has to be somthing electric and maybe it is the emanage even tho you think you have it wired correctly.

Last edited by thawk408; 12-18-2007 at 03:45 PM.
Old 12-18-2007, 03:49 PM
QuadCam

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

check your responses on g35driver.com
Old 12-18-2007, 06:27 PM
westpak
SFZCC

if you did the stock kit, it doesn't do anything with the ignition so those should have been left alone

if you used a harness patch you can remove it and see if it starts with the ECU
Old 12-21-2007, 10:41 AM
EnduroMTS

Originally Posted by westpak
if you did the stock kit, it doesn't do anything with the ignition so those should have been left alone

if you used a harness patch you can remove it and see if it starts with the ECU
Thanks, i have checked G35 driver and i'm currently removing the tranny to see if the dowel pin is in the correct spot but like THawk mentioned that wouldn't cause the lack of a spark signal, just incorrect timing.
There IS a tach adapter that gets wired into the ignition signals to prevent the check engine light from coming on. I've also completely eliminated the emanage to see if it would start just on the ECU by disconnecting the harness and disconneting the tach adapter's signal and ground and still nothing. With it reconnected, nothing. I've gone over all the grounds that i had removed during the installation process and actually checked them w/ a power probe to make sure where they were grounded is actually grounding and that checks out.
This is just f$^king weird man!! I thought also possibly the turbo timer was interfering with something, so i removed it too and still nothing. I mean its pretty straight forward if there's no spark signal there are only a couple things it can be, and i've checked those few things over and over again. I suppose i could continue to check the same things until something dawns on me?
Old 12-21-2007, 02:11 PM
westpak
SFZCC

the tach adapter is to give the emanage an rpm signal

I assume you just tapped in the ignition wires and did not cut them and interrupt the signal.
Old 12-21-2007, 06:50 PM
thawk408

I assume you just tapped in the ignition wires and did not cut them and interrupt the signal.
that would be classic
Old 12-21-2007, 09:19 PM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

That sucks hope you get it fixed.
Old 01-02-2008, 01:37 PM
EnduroMTS

Lol, yeah i just tapped into them
Old 01-03-2008, 10:05 AM
EnduroMTS

So i got the tranny out and checked the flywheel dowel pins, and it was off by 1 hole. So whether thats the culprit of the no start is still yet to be seen but we'll know for sure once we put everything back together.
Old 01-03-2008, 02:13 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by EnduroMTS
So i got the tranny out and checked the flywheel dowel pins, and it was off by 1 hole. So whether thats the culprit of the no start is still yet to be seen but we'll know for sure once we put everything back together.
There is only one dowel pin on the crankshaft, and should be one hole on the flywheel. Unless it's the JWT flywheel, which has two widely spaced holes....since that flywheel is also used on the FWD Maxima.

Did you try the trick, of pulling the crank position sensor out, and starting the car? That will tell you if it was, indeed, the flywheel.
Old 01-14-2008, 10:22 PM
EnduroMTS

Sorry for the late response guys! We've been busting to get this car back on the ground. .. Turns out it was Flywheel! All we have to do now is put everything back on, Cats and Exhaust and this bad boy will be back on the ground! I'll be sure to take some pictures soon its down.

Still a few things we want to add to this ie; gauges, oil cooler kit. then it can get its massive widebody put on!

I'd like to thank everyone for helping me out with this, great community! thanks everyone! :biggthumpup:

I'll keep everyone posted!:thewave: