Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

3inch DP's for my Greddy TT's

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 05:09 PM
rs350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1200 is steep I got a reasonable price through Tom also you should give SGP a call....trust me its worth it
Old 05-01-2008, 03:29 AM
350zzzgunnar

Originally Posted by QuadCam
I don't really like the way AAM did their open dumps. I prefer the SVRT or SGP of doing it, which makes it easier for maintenance and bolt access. the AAM DPs look good though, but I was told that they NEVER fit right....
Got mine AAM 3" DP's this year and it fits perfectly w/ Greddy EvoTT.
Old 05-01-2008, 03:34 AM
punish_her

Dont realy care for the AAM's they take to long to transition to the full diameter. The SGP's open diectly within an inch and a half (or so).
Old 05-01-2008, 08:20 AM
Thomas @ SGP

Default Thank you!

Yep, I remember this call/transaction - good guy and we shipped it out that day!

I also get the calls every now again that these are expensive: I don't know how much time you guys have or how much money you make, but I don't like to screw with stuff that I buy so "bolting them on" pays for itself I think when you are talking about the price difference.

Also:

1. They are in stock!
2. REALLY! They are in stock!
3. About the "lip" comment in an earlier post causing turbulence - there is absolutely NO LAMINAR FLOW 1/2" from the turbine wheel. It is the definition of turbulence at that point. In essence - "that ain't the difference."
4. They have stainless pipe, flanges, bungs, brackets, etc.
5. Several of the other "big" vendors buy and use them for the reasons above.

I tell you what - if there is anyone on the fence, call me and I'll make you a better deal than is in the classifieds!

Originally Posted by rs350z
I've bought several aam products all of them needed to be revised. All of them were not worth what I paid...I never learned my lesson...I ordered aam down pipes with their dumps 5 weeks ago, every week it is a new excuse, at first it was because their welders were behind, the second time it was cause their welders quit, the third time was because their new welders were learning jigs, the fourth time their welders were at HIN, needless to say after a month of holding my money they could not give me an exact date only an estimated date.

I called SGP an hour before they closed I received a fedex shipment notification 40 minutes later. Thomas @ SGp was great and the greatest customer service I received in a while. Two thumbs up they should be here tom and I won't have to reweld them or adjust them
Old 05-01-2008, 09:35 PM
anotheraznguy

so i have the sgp's with the open dump...
i have a few issues..
#1 the bracket that is supposed to bolt to the cat brace is ridiculously not even close to bolting up to the factory brace.
with the downpipes attached they tend to bend the exhaust a little too much.. clocking it an addition 5-10 degrees straining the exhaust.
Old 05-02-2008, 11:11 AM
Thomas @ SGP

Default Hmmm...

Originally Posted by anotheraznguy
i have a few issues..
#1 the bracket that is supposed to bolt to the cat brace is ridiculously not even close to bolting up to the factory brace.
with the downpipes attached they tend to bend the exhaust a little too much.. clocking it an addition 5-10 degrees straining the exhaust.
Interesting - every set we ever had has bolted right up. What exhaust is it?

Do you have some pics you can send? When did you buy them from us?
Old 05-03-2008, 12:05 AM
anotheraznguy

i am running an espelir exhaust and i can probobally take pics when i get the chance...
its no big deal just wanted to give people heads up.. i actually had to make an additional bracket to brace the downpipe.
i picked it up from *** motorsports
Old 05-03-2008, 03:00 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by anotheraznguy
i have a few issues..
Honestly, we don't attach them anyways. Those braces are designed to support the super heavy stock cats...not lightweight race pipes. I have found on many brands of test pipes, the welds will crack, when those brackets are bolted up.

Skip that step, and enjoy your new downpipes and dumps!
Old 10-09-2008, 07:27 PM
IslandZavage

n e one who said they were gonna install em get them on and have a review? Im interested to hear some before/after comments........
Old 10-10-2008, 02:28 AM
SmallTuner

SGP or AAM op IP

all will do the same
Old 10-10-2008, 10:39 AM
rrmedicx

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

When I was running the stock Greddy downpipe attached to some standard test pipes, the exhaust mated up perfectly. Now that I have the SGP 3" downpipes to replace the greddy downpipe and test pipe combo I am finding that the alignment between the back of the new 3" downpipe and the front of the Greddy TT catback are way off on the driver side. Its not a problem of length but rather the flange of the downpipe does not line up properly with the flange of the catback. I will definitely need to do the Sharif exhaust mod to make it work properly. Funny because the quality of the SGP pipes look really good. I guess the jig they were using to make my set was twisted. Sucks.
Old 10-10-2008, 05:04 PM
rs350z

+ 1 same here. Quality is amazing, but my driver side is at a "tilt" had to change a few thing around for my aps 3"
Old 10-10-2008, 09:18 PM
IslandZavage

aside from that, how was the performance from going to it, from the stock greddy pipes?
Old 10-11-2008, 05:02 AM
rs350z

i couldnt tell you. I would assume they are great though. Huge size diffrence. I installed my kit with the 3" pipes right away.
Old 10-11-2008, 07:17 AM
rrmedicx

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, unfortuately I ran the car for only 1000 miles with the stock Greddy downpipes to break the car in before I had a mechanical failure, so I never really got a chance to get on it to make a fair comparison. But i would agree that the restriction in the stock set-up greddy downpipe is OBVIOUS. The 3" pipes are huge in comparison. just wish the were aligned properly.
Old 10-11-2008, 07:22 AM
Fluid1

Anyone selling AAM or SGP DP's?
Old 11-15-2008, 07:13 PM
IslandZavage

We'll I finally got my DP's!!! I decided on the AAM DP's/open dumps. So i called up Forged Performance and Sandy sent a set my way, I took em to Japtrix and they installed/retuned the Z. WOW what a difference the everything made... The open dumps sound amazing.. Crazy loud at WOT, but i like it.. My better half on the other hand can do without them.. I couldnt count how many times i was screaming by.

Fast shipping/ great customer service (on both ends) / excellent install/tune = Happy Z Driver!!!!
Old 11-15-2008, 08:00 PM
westpak
SFZCC

glad you like it, it can get too loud at times but imagine at 16 pounds
Old 11-15-2008, 08:19 PM
r0mey
350Z-holic

I have the same dumps and they are crazy loud @ 16 psi sounds like shotgun blasts
Old 11-15-2008, 08:29 PM
IslandZavage

When i pass people they have this "WTF look" lol.

Quick Reply: 3inch DP's for my Greddy TT's