Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

ProCharger On Sale

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2003, 04:16 PM
jak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ProCharger On Sale

Best price I found on Procharger. The retailer also installs and warranties in most states.

http://www.superchargersonline.com/p...ProductID=1664

Jeff
Old 06-17-2003, 05:04 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

WOW, makes you wonder what kind of markup even they have on this kit. Anyone selling for 5900, 5400, or even 5100 is making a nice profit. Are you sure this is the exact same one as the one we've seen in pics?
Old 06-17-2003, 05:54 PM
sands

Originally posted by Dr Bonz
WOW, makes you wonder what kind of markup even they have on this kit. Anyone selling for 5900, 5400, or even 5100 is making a nice profit. Are you sure this is the exact same one as the one we've seen in pics?
It also says it fits the g35.
Old 06-17-2003, 06:44 PM
Ricky
Banned

Dr. Bonz, you're right, it's not the same. It's without an intercooler.

As it says in subject :
"ProCharger C-2 Supercharger Kit w/ HO Intercooler for 2003 Nissan 350Z/Infiniti G35 Coupe (7 psi) "..

And without an intercooler, you won't run 7psi.

Last edited by Ricky; 06-17-2003 at 06:49 PM.
Old 06-17-2003, 06:45 PM
msink

Anyone know what happens to the car if the belt comes loose? I think some SC kits still allow engine and car to drive normally if this happens. I wouldnt want to get stuck somewhere due to belt problems. Also, I havent seen to many good pics of this kit. Where is the IC, what kind is it. If only it came with better fuel management and some ignition control, which I havent seen anything about so far.

Mark
Old 06-17-2003, 06:51 PM
Ricky
Banned

Originally posted by msink
Anyone know what happens to the car if the belt comes loose? I think some SC kits still allow engine and car to drive normally if this happens. I wouldnt want to get stuck somewhere due to belt problems. Also, I havent seen to many good pics of this kit. Where is the IC, what kind is it. If only it came with better fuel management and some ignition control, which I havent seen anything about so far.

Mark
Mark, I've been doing some insane reseach on this so far, and by what I know the package does include a better fuel management, don't know about ignition control though. According to this website they state "**Tuner Kits will not include fuel or ignition components** ", but according to avalongracing.net, they do offer fuel management. "Features full fuel management, front mount intercooler, cold air intake", Avalongracing.net. As far as belt coming loose, I'm not sure what would happen but my guess is that you just won't be running and boost and would be at your stock 287hp.

Last edited by Ricky; 06-17-2003 at 07:08 PM.
Old 06-17-2003, 07:00 PM
jesseenglish

Originally posted by Ricky
Dr. Bonz, you're right, it's not the same. It's without an intercooler.

As it says in subject :
"ProCharger C-2 Supercharger Kit w/ HO Intercooler for 2003 Nissan 350Z/Infiniti G35 Coupe (7 psi) "..

And without an intercooler, you won't run 7psi.
Huh????? It says right in the description it comes with "w/" an HO Intercooler. Also, there's a description below in the same ad.

ATI is proud to announce the first intercooled supercharger system available of the 350Z! Utilizing ATI's industry-leading technology, this system produces a 50%-55% power gain with only 7psi of intercooled boost. Featuring ATI's new compact, self-contained C-2 ProCharger model, this system installs easily, with no accessory relocation, and is 100% complete.

Sounds to me like it's the same one Avalon Racing is selling for almost $1000 more at their "introductory" price. The only question now is, is this SuperchargersOnline a reputable company?
Old 06-17-2003, 07:13 PM
Ricky
Banned

Their website doesn't make sense.. that link says "w/ho" which I believe means without, but when you do a search for 350Z, they offer one with intercooler.. if you enter your email they send you a pricing, well turns out the price is the EXACT same as the non intercooler price. The second package which I'm talking about does not say "w/ho" in the subject line.

Also, avalonracing is selling theirs with fuel management, superchargersonline isn't. So maybe that $1000 we save is because we get no fuel management?
Old 06-17-2003, 07:26 PM
Ricky
Banned

Here...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1st kit offered by superchargeronline.com:

ProCharger C-2 Supercharger Kit w/ HO Intercooler for 2003 Nissan 350Z/Infiniti G35 Coupe (7 psi)

* Above image may not depict the product you will receive.

Our Price: $4,549.00
List Price: $5,996.00
You Save: $1,447.00

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2nd kit offered by superchargeronline.com

ProCharger C-2 Intercooled Tuner Supercharger Kit for 2003 Nissan 350Z/Infiniti G35 Coupe (7 psi)

* Above image may not depict the product you will receive.

Our Price: $4,549.00
List Price: $5,596.00
You Save: $1,047.00

**Tuner Kit does not come with fuel management**
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe I'm reading this wrong.. This seems really weird. 1 kit with fuel management, 1 without..same price? I know it says you save more with the 1st kit, but why would they sell it at same price?

Something seems sketchy.

Last edited by Ricky; 06-17-2003 at 07:28 PM.
Old 06-17-2003, 07:36 PM
350zroadster

The first kit is the one with intercooler, fuel management, fule pump, ignition controller

The second one is without the intercooler.
Old 06-17-2003, 07:50 PM
cbsuper

Usually when some one abbreviates without it's "w/o". Hope that clears up some confusion.
Old 06-17-2003, 07:53 PM
jesseenglish

OK if you read the descriptions for both of them:

ProCharger C-2 Supercharger Kit w/ HO Intercooler for 2003 Nissan 350Z/Infiniti G35 Coupe (7 psi)

ProCharger C-2 Intercooled Tuner Supercharger Kit for 2003 Nissan 350Z/Infiniti G35 Coupe (7 psi)

You will see that they both are intercooled. An HO intercooler is a type of intercooler. The second kit does not include the FMU "fuel management unit" The description for the second one also includes the word "Tuner" which would mean that this kit is so you can do a different type of fuel management if you dislike using the FMU which basically just increases fuel rail pressure during boost situations.

Obviously there is some sort of price discrepancy. We do not know which one is wrong yet, but if you call the company, I'm sure that they'll let you know which one is correct. I would assume it's some website programmer typing in information and not verifying it's authenticity rather than the company attempting to mislead you.

Last edited by jesseenglish; 06-17-2003 at 08:13 PM.
Old 06-17-2003, 08:08 PM
jesseenglish

Originally posted by msink

Mark
OK, the ATI kits come with an FMU and an additional fuel pump which when tuned properly increases fuel rail pressure during boost. Depending on how much boost you're creating decides how much additional fuel pressure. There is no ignition control in this system. If your belt came off you wouldn't be creating any boost, thus no additional fuel pressure. Your car would go back to its normal stock operating conditions.

Not sure about the mounting of the IC though, sorry.
Old 06-18-2003, 03:00 AM
Ricky
Banned

Originally posted by jesseenglish
OK, the ATI kits come with an FMU and an additional fuel pump which when tuned properly increases fuel rail pressure during boost. Depending on how much boost you're creating decides how much additional fuel pressure. There is no ignition control in this system. If your belt came off you wouldn't be creating any boost, thus no additional fuel pressure. Your car would go back to its normal stock operating conditions.

Not sure about the mounting of the IC though, sorry.
Smart guy I said the same thing but didn't know how to back it up.

Now only if we can find out which kit has the wrong price.. $4,500 for the kit with intercooler and fmu is a pretty good deal. As bonz said, makes me wonder on other companies large up.

Also, what kind of intercooler is "HO"?
Old 06-18-2003, 05:07 AM
jesseenglish

It stands for High Output, pretty lame I know, but that's what they mean. Supposedly it has a 2-core intercooler that flows better with less restrictions.

I believe the wholesale price of this kit is like $4100, but I'm not positive. If someone here on this board has a buddy with a shop they can become a dealer for superchargersonline very easily and get the ATI products for wholesale price plus $200. If my distributor price is right then we could get them for $4300 plus shipping.

Oh and about my description of the operation of the FMU... I erred a bit. It's not an additional fuel pump, but rather a device that restricts the return line to the gas tank. The more restriction to the return, means higher pressure builds up for the fuel injectors. Good thing about this setup is it's very easy to install, bad thing is it puts extra stresses on our fuel injectors and is relatively tricky to tune, several wideband dynos should be done to properly tune one of these setups.

Looking at the picture of the setup it appears to be centrifugal supercharger which is good because it will decrease stresses on the engine and creates much less heat than the other types. I guess the bad thing would be is that it is basically just a turbocharger with gears on it, so we won't have full boost at lower RPM's.

Last edited by jesseenglish; 06-18-2003 at 05:47 AM.
Old 06-18-2003, 05:43 PM
Nathan

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Jesseenglish
The 350Z does not have a return fuel line to the tank but I would like to know how they are raising the fuel pressure on demand
Old 06-18-2003, 06:42 PM
ColecatZ

Originally posted by Nathan
Jesseenglish
The 350Z does not have a return fuel line to the tank but I would like to know how they are raising the fuel pressure on demand
This has been covered before......additional inline fuel pump and controller...included with the kit.

From what was posted it seemed to be a viable and fairly sweet solution. If search is working now....do a search for Procharger....their is a huge thread and it is all pictured there.....

Hope this helps.
Old 06-18-2003, 07:56 PM
slay2k

Originally posted by Ricky
As it says in subject :
HEHEH... no no my fellow man.

w/o = without

w/ HO = with an "HO" intercooler.. as someone suggested that could mean "high output". It comes with one.

Which makes me think... whoever that was (Avalon Racing I believe) advertising the "intro" price of $5400 and the "later" price of $5900 has got a nice scam going on.

Way to try and rip off the consumers.

-slay
Old 06-18-2003, 08:50 PM
AL350Z

I'LL CALL MY WHOLESALER TOMORROW AND SEE WHAT THESE "KITS" COST. I'M A SMALL PERFORMANCE PARTS RETAILER SO I USUALLY DON'T GET THE "BIG GUY" DISCOUNTS BUT HE'LL BE STRAIGHT UP WITH ME ON WHAT THEY COST.
Old 06-18-2003, 09:10 PM
jesseenglish

AL350z

You might want to think about becoming a dealer for superchargersonline, you'll get the "Big Guy" prices, plus a $200 markup for the ATI Prochargers (excluding Corvette). At the bottom of the page there's a hyperlink on how to become one. I don't work for them or anything, it just seems like a good deal for smaller performance shops.

http://www.superchargersonline.com/dealers/

Quick Reply: ProCharger On Sale