Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Stillen Stage 2 Dyno results...*Flame suit on* lol

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008 | 02:53 PM
Nforce1

Originally Posted by Ed 718
HAHA I'm in the 145k mile club...........
I take it you have a built motor?
Old 03-12-2008 | 03:18 PM
SpoilsofWar

I am pretty sure Ed's block is stock, and he runs the TN reflash actually.
Old 03-13-2008 | 11:13 AM
Blu_Blur

Originally Posted by Nforce1

Stock internals and the mileage is spread across two motors, I believe.
Old 03-13-2008 | 11:23 AM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Blu_Blur
Stock internals and the mileage is spread across two motors, I believe.
That is true 2nd motor and tranny on my Z. The new motor I got with 15k miles and tranny was a CD009 latest version.
Old 03-13-2008 | 11:27 AM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART
Premier Member

I did a swap at 110k miles since my leakdown and compression test was horrible. I beat the living hell outta my car before the turbo kit so I knew the engine was weak. A good used complete long block can be found relatively cheap.
Old 03-13-2008 | 07:39 PM
Nforce1

Originally Posted by Ed 718
I did a swap at 110k miles since my leakdown and compression test was horrible. I beat the living hell outta my car before the turbo kit so I knew the engine was weak. A good used complete long block can be found relatively cheap.
So when did the turbo kit go on?
Old 03-13-2008 | 08:08 PM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART
Premier Member

So when did the turbo kit go on?
Before the engine swap and the added boost further weakend the motor so the old motor did not last too long. I've done the swap and ONLY running the ecu flash with no problems at all.
Old 03-14-2008 | 12:21 PM
Zendem

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII

Haha ^^

Stillen will never be my first choice when it comes to F/I, but i can see why people take interest in the kit.

Not everyone wants something that can potentially give them 600whp. The man is happy, let's end it at that.
Old 03-14-2008 | 02:56 PM
doug

Originally Posted by Zendem
Haha ^^

Stillen will never be my first choice when it comes to F/I, but i can see why people take interest in the kit.

Not everyone wants something that can potentially give them 600whp. The man is happy, let's end it at that.
not everyone who owns a motorcycle goes over 100 mph
not everyone who owns a 350z goes over 75 mph

no.. but the potential is there.. if our goals were 305 whp .. why would someone buy a product to give them exactly that? i think it would be best to buy something with 600 whp potential and then scale it back to 305 whp? no?

i think XKR said it best.. alot of people got caught in Stillen's marketing web.. just the same way people come in the Audio forum and tell us how great JL Audio is
Old 03-14-2008 | 04:12 PM
TTRANK

The Stillen Stage 2 is where I started. It is a very fun kit and more than enough for some people. Congrats!
Old 03-20-2008 | 12:04 AM
G35GL450GSXR750

hey guys, its all about preferences. i use to have the Procharger kit and i took it out in less then a week. super power, and a lot more room for improvement but i could not bear the noise. just way too noisy to live with as a daily driven car. then i got the Stillen stage 2, and love it. i love it because its stealthy quiet at idle and i was able to get the kit brand new for $2500. no way i'm letting Stillen rip me off on the install, so i did myself. actually pretty easy if you know your basic mechanics. then i got the urge for more power "like all of you guys" recalling how fast it feels with the Procharger. so, i went and spend about $950 on the stage 4 kit. then i found out the new timing box was way too hard to install and Stillen tech guys won't help me out. i sold the danm stage 4 kit and made my own "stage 5" kit. now, i'm boosting about 10-11 psi and way more happier. and all it cost me is about $100 in parts and just a little time and research on where to get it. and probably you guys can do it too if you're willing to take the chance. so, if anyone of you guys with stillen supercharger interests in upgrading to stage 4 or "5", let me know, i can help you out. not going to let stillen rip you guys off too.
Old 03-20-2008 | 01:07 AM
ReV2Red
I haz da turbos
Premier Member

Originally Posted by doug
i stopped reading after that.. he lives in VA
Not to be funny or anything, but the OP's avatar does state SoCal.
Old 03-20-2008 | 06:48 AM
doug

Originally Posted by ReV2Red
Not to be funny or anything, but the OP's avatar does state SoCal.
not the OP
Old 03-20-2008 | 07:01 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Originally Posted by doug
......just the same way people come in the Audio forum and tell us how great JL Audio is
Old 03-20-2008 | 04:10 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Originally Posted by G35GL450GSXR750
hey guys, its all about preferences. i use to have the Procharger kit and i took it out in less then a week. super power, and a lot more room for improvement but i could not bear the noise. just way too noisy to live with as a daily driven car. then i got the Stillen stage 2, and love it. i love it because its stealthy quiet at idle and i was able to get the kit brand new for $2500. no way i'm letting Stillen rip me off on the install, so i did myself. actually pretty easy if you know your basic mechanics. then i got the urge for more power "like all of you guys" recalling how fast it feels with the Procharger. so, i went and spend about $950 on the stage 4 kit. then i found out the new timing box was way too hard to install and Stillen tech guys won't help me out. i sold the danm stage 4 kit and made my own "stage 5" kit. now, i'm boosting about 10-11 psi and way more happier. and all it cost me is about $100 in parts and just a little time and research on where to get it. and probably you guys can do it too if you're willing to take the chance. so, if anyone of you guys with stillen supercharger interests in upgrading to stage 4 or "5", let me know, i can help you out. not going to let stillen rip you guys off too.
I am not going to doubt anything you said................but the little eaton s/c is competely maxed out at 8.5psi.You can go on the eaton site and see for yourself the max output of a m62 blower.And what you say is totally bullsh!t from what the blower manufacturer says.The stage 4 setup is a easy install with the exception of the larger 7th injector so you are wrong again.
The little eaton blower will never ever see 10-11psi and if you can prove it lets see it........................yes i am calling you out.
You have to remember that i went thru all the stages since 2003 and that i do know quite a bit about the stillen...............so try and bs me.
Old 03-20-2008 | 04:53 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器
Premier Member

Originally Posted by superchargedg
I am not going to doubt anything you said................but the little eaton s/c is competely maxed out at 8.5psi.You can go on the eaton site and see for yourself the max output of a m62 blower.And what you say is totally bullsh!t from what the blower manufacturer says.The stage 4 setup is a easy install with the exception of the larger 7th injector so you are wrong again.
The little eaton blower will never ever see 10-11psi and if you can prove it lets see it........................yes i am calling you out.
You have to remember that i went thru all the stages since 2003 and that i do know quite a bit about the stillen...............so try and bs me.
(superchargedg drops the mic)

^Fixed.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 03-20-2008 at 04:55 PM.
Old 03-21-2008 | 12:02 AM
G35GL450GSXR750

woh son, relax, take it easy!!! i'm not trying to scam anybody. just offering free advice and tech tips. isn't this is what the forums all about? so why you gotta come out bashing negative things. i've been modifying my own cars and motorcycles since the days when there wasn't any turbo kit for CRX and Civics yet and NOS was the only option.
first of all, why do you say installing the 7th injector is hard? is it because you got big hands or can't lean over the hood. just because somebody can do something that you can't or have difficulty at, you automatic call them a BS liar.
also, you say that you went through all the stillen stages since 2003. so, what about it? what that tells me? nothing, that you still don't know jack about stillen supercharger. you've just believe what stillen tells you and buy it. i've never said anything about stage 4 making 10-11psi. i only said my custom kit does and its what i'm seeing on my boost gauge.
basic facts: stillen stage 4 upgrade only comes with a Walbro 255 fuel pump, (bigger Siemens#3145 7th 750cc injector, a spacer block for the injector, 2-M6 metric bolt), new timing box, and the smaller stage 4 pulley which is about 2 1/2" diameter and a sh*tty installation manual. which cost about $900 new. all i did was took my Tacoma TRD supercharger 4-rib pulley which is about 2 3/16" diameter and install it where the 6-rib pulley use to be. just do a little measuring to make sure the belt line up straight by using some regular Home Depot washer to space them. get a shorter 4-rib belt, done. i've already got my Walbro fuel install long time ago when i had my Procharger. as far as the 7th injector, do a little research on the web, and i've found a guy who sells the exact injector on ebay and on his own website.
http://www.fiveomotorsport.com/Injector_MILLED.asp and is Socal. he recommend me to get Delphi/Rochester 65lb injector which is the same length, size, and also low resistance for about $70 with the clip. made my own spacer block for the longer length injector. install, and thats it. i was able to still use the old black timing box to control the timing. i decided to use the 650cc injector to reduce the fuel get the correct air/fuel ratio since the old timing has a longer duration pulse. so it not rocket science or anything. i'm not saying my custom kit is safe or that its a great idea or everyone should do it. just saying i've found a cheaper way for myself. might work, might not, i really don't know. still experimenting the idea and the kit. so far so good, and i'm getting higher boost at lower rpm. so, give people a chance to speak before you bash them. then maybe we can all get along. seems like this thread have too many of them.
Attached Thumbnails Stillen Stage 2 Dyno results...*Flame suit on* lol-engine.jpg   Stillen Stage 2 Dyno results...*Flame suit on* lol-pic.jpg   Stillen Stage 2 Dyno results...*Flame suit on* lol-pulley.jpg  
Old 03-21-2008 | 02:29 AM
halfass872

If you are running 10-11 PSI you are only pumping superheated air, even with the IC. And it's prob hurting you way more then helping you.

P.S. superchargedg is a well know and respected member of the FI threads that knows his $hit when it comes to the Stillen setups! When i was doing my research for mine i sent him a million pm's with questions, and everyone turned out to be 100% correct and true. If someone was gonna squeeze the max gains outta that setup, it would be he.
Old 03-21-2008 | 09:05 AM
G35GL450GSXR750

yes, i know that superchargedg has knowledge and experience. i give him the respect. i even ask him for advice before. in fact, the stillen hood i have right now use to belong to TTrank or Tim. i know he has a lot of experience too. but it doesn't mean if he has the experience and knowledge, that he have the right to bash at someone new who has try modifying the stillen supercharger that he hasn't. i am also aware about the extra heat by higher psi, but "for me", it seems like it faster and AEM air/fuel gauge is at the correct ratio. maybe a little bit on the rich side, which is good to help cool down the superchager heat. but like i say, i'm still experimenting the whole idea. i am planning on instaling a air temp. sensor on the lower plenum to measure the temperature. this way, i can compare heat temp. differences between the original stage 4 pulley and my custom pulley. if its no good, i can always go back to the stage 4. the thing i like about my setup is that i get about 7-9psi of boost right at 3-4k rpm and then it hits 10-11psi and 5-7k rpm. where a stage 4 pulley will only you give 6-8psi but only at high rpm. so if i'm not already redlining the car, then its fine. plus i've have taken many step to try to keep my car as cool as possible. like AMS radiator, greddy oil pan cooler, Nismo colder themostat, auto tranny cooler and have Redline water wetter in my radiator as well as the stillen intercooler, real CAI and wrapping my intake with foam to keep the heat out.
Old 03-21-2008 | 09:32 AM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Im not really trying to bash you but i tried a lot of different stuff and dynoed it to find out it did nothing.I had a smaller pulley machined by a buddy and put it on an actually lost power.
A couple of years ago a few people even tried a different fmu and larger injectors and eliminated the 7th injector to no avail.You very well may be hitting 10psi but all that is happening is your just blowing hot air.When i tried my smaller pulley i was seeing 9.5psi but it still lost power....the fact is the blower is to damn small to make any more then it does.
I really hope you find the magic trick for this setup as other stillen owners would also but i hate to say it but the m62 will fight you all the way to the end.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: Stillen Stage 2 Dyno results...*Flame suit on* lol