Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Stillen Stage 2 Dyno results...*Flame suit on* lol

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 07:11 AM
jpc350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by doug
this is the second time you have commented to me without me addressing you.. so i was curious and did some digging as to why you had sand in your vagina..

it appears i took you to the beach on this thread https://my350z.com/forum/forced-induction/208465-turbo-or-supercharger-3.html and you have been sour about it ever since..

the funny thing is.. i didn't even remember that thread.. and two of the people i was arguing with in that thread Keith and Sentry i have become very cool with.. no heart feelings and we all moved on.. but you.. you my friend.. need to get something to wash that sand out
Sand has nothing to do with it.. You have a propensity to enter threads and add nothing but B.S. Be a little more respectful and supportive vice negative inputs..
Old 03-11-2008, 08:35 AM
Gary Evans

You have to be terribly insecure and have nothing better to do than enter threads over and over again providing unsolicited advise on how big of a mistake someone else made. You could also make a good argument that anyone pissing money into a car to try and make it into something its not needs their head examined. Makes about as much sense don't you think?
Old 03-11-2008, 09:50 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by Gary Evans
You have to be terribly insecure and have nothing better to do than enter threads over and over again providing unsolicited advise on how big of a mistake someone else made. You could also make a good argument that anyone pissing money into a car to try and make it into something its not needs their head examined. Makes about as much sense don't you think?
I dont get your point " make it into something its not" If you take a 280 hp Z and add 350 to 400 whp to it...you just made it into a @#$%!*^ fast car..

Your statement "pissing money into a car" is exactly what Doug is trying to say that the OP did. Which one is better....spend $7000 and get 40 whp ..... or spend $7000 and get 120 whp more
Old 03-11-2008, 10:02 AM
jpc350z

Exactly the point.. It's non of Doug,s business how much was spent by the poster...or whether he believes he pissed anything away...If he has nothing good to say then say nothing...Doug adds insulting ad hominem comments..Totally uncalled for...An attack dog.!!
Old 03-11-2008, 10:25 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by jpc350z
Exactly the point.. It's non of Doug,s business how much was spent by the poster...or whether he believes he pissed anything away...If he has nothing good to say then say nothing...Doug adds insulting ad hominem comments..Totally uncalled for...An attack dog.!!
if you are that sensitive to get offended by factual comments, you really shouldn't be on the internet. Its not like i made personal insults to him and offered my opinion.. these are not my opinion.. they are facts..

as XKR said.. if you spend $7,000 for 40whp instead of $7,000 for 120 whp... you are pissing away your money.. its not an opinion.. is a fact.

if you are offended by the fact.. please please.. get off the internet and stay in your bubble
Old 03-11-2008, 10:30 AM
Sensi09
Sponsor
Works Concepts

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How does the dyno curve compare to a regular HR?

At low RPMs, does the stillen have more torque and better response than a HR?
Old 03-11-2008, 10:41 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by jpc350z

Come on now.... Look at the OP's threat title...he even knew that he would be attacked "*Flame suit on*" This is a public forum and some are for Stillen SC, and others are for ST & TT..... So if you dont have a flame suit...dont post !!!

No one went looking for the OP...the OP came to us ( the members on this site). Hell...if it were not for Doug and Philthy's heartless responses to some of the threads on here....I may have made the same mistake.

Reason is...I am from the IMSA crowd or pro racing, where I have met Steve Millen when he was racing the GT1 Z. So just by his name i would have jumped in blind folded....he markets his products aggressively...so a lot of people go in that direction. Its a name they know....but that does not mean its the best, not even close.

Last edited by XKR; 03-11-2008 at 10:51 AM.
Old 03-11-2008, 01:03 PM
halfass872

Originally Posted by XKR
....Reason is...I am from the IMSA crowd or pro racing, where I have met Steve Millen when he was racing the GT1 Z. So just by his name i would have jumped in blind folded.....

Old 03-11-2008, 02:37 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by halfass872

If you are going to quote me...dont leave out the vital points....

I do agree with Doug 100%....because I took his and Philthy's advise ( from their posts) and went TT and later thanked God I did not waste my money going the other way.

So like I said...if you are going to spend that kind of money...at least get the most from it. If I had made the mistake and went the wrong way....I am man enough to cry and admit my mistakes
Old 03-11-2008, 03:10 PM
Gary Evans

Originally Posted by XKR
I dont get your point " make it into something its not" If you take a 280 hp Z and add 350 to 400 whp to it...you just made it into a @#$%!*^ fast car..

Your statement "pissing money into a car" is exactly what Doug is trying to say that the OP did. Which one is better....spend $7000 and get 40 whp ..... or spend $7000 and get 120 whp more
My point is that almost everyone here could be criticized for some part of their decision process if it would accomplish anything, which it wouldn't. I've loss count of the number of times that Stillen SC threads are filled with posts telling them over and over again how stupid they were for paying so much money for so few HP. There are a lot of stupid things people do in life like spending $7000 for car performance before they have a nice home, all bills paid, family with everything they need and money going into a retirement account but no one talks about those bad decisions. How about spending $7000 for a turbo system that is illegal in most states where you can't even sell the car to anyone without disclosing that fact that its only legal for off road use. Do that in Arizona and you will be liable and subject to penalties when the buyer finds out it won't pass the emissions visual. I know some people don't think that far ahead but these decisions have more consequence than just what makes the most HP. There is a market for Stillen and there will also be for the HKS SC. Lets let people make their own decisions without trying to show them how much smarter we are because it isn't working! If people involved did any research they likely knew the HP differances and CARB status on the kits when they made their purchase. There is no one size fits all!
Old 03-11-2008, 03:21 PM
doug

My point is that almost everyone here could be criticized for some part of their decision process if it would accomplish anything, which it wouldn't. I've loss count of the number of times that Stillen SC threads are filled with posts telling them over and over again how stupid they were for paying so much money for so few HP. There are a lot of stupid things people do in life like spending $7000 for car performance before they have a nice home, all bills paid, family with everything they need and money going into a retirement account but no one talks about those bad decisions. How about spending $7000 for a turbo system that is illegal in most states where you can't even sell the car to anyone without disclosing that fact that its only legal for off road use. Do that in Arizona and you will be liable and subject to penalties when the buyer finds out it won't pass the emissions visual. I know some people don't think that far ahead but these decisions have more consequence than just what makes the most HP. There is a market for Stillen and there will also be for the HKS SC. Lets let people make their own decisions without trying to show them how much smarter we are because it isn't working! If people involved did any research they likely knew the HP differances and CARB status on the kits when they made their purchase. There is no one size fits all!
news flash... Stillen Stage 1 is the only CARB legal kit.. as soon as you start going up in stages its no longer CARB legal
Old 03-11-2008, 03:37 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry Doug that is for stage2.
Old 03-11-2008, 03:47 PM
Gary Evans

Thats not a news flash it is a history lesson. Stage 1 comes with a CARB sticker. How many turbo kits do the same?
Old 03-11-2008, 03:55 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats not a news flash it is a history lesson. Stage 1 comes with a CARB sticker. How many turbo kits do the same?
Well i loved my stage4 when i had it but i still wanted more.I new the stillen could not give anymore so i went the twin turbo route and in my state.......all they care about is obd11 testing.No codes no problem.
Old 03-11-2008, 04:03 PM
XKR

Gary.....you got to do what you got to do. 4 months out of the year I am at my home in Carefree AZ...the rest I am either in TX or FL. All my cars with the exception of one has FL plates...so I dont have to worry about CARB....so who am I to tell anyone to take chances with the law.
Old 03-11-2008, 04:04 PM
doug

well you claim that people have to disclose what their cars have and how illegal the car is.. but no one in this thread has a stage 1
Old 03-11-2008, 04:42 PM
halfass872

Originally Posted by doug
news flash... Stillen Stage 1 is the only CARB legal kit.. as soon as you start going up in stages its no longer CARB legal
Stage 1 and 2 both have carb. The only difference between one and two is the water to air intercooler addition. Stage 3/4 does not have carb due to having a diff SS box and running conciderably more rich, with a bigger fuel pump, 7th injector etc.

http://www.stillen.com/superchargers..._Guide_USA.pdf

Last edited by halfass872; 03-11-2008 at 05:02 PM.
Old 03-11-2008, 04:56 PM
Gary Evans

Failing emissions is not the way to have a good day. When I moved to Az from the mid-west I brought a turbocharged Suzuki Hayabusa with me. Az requires even motorcycles to pass emissions which for bikes in an idle test. It failed for reasons I won't even get into but when you fail you are in deep dodo. You are in their computer data base and there are few options and even less legal choices. You may skate through but the down side possibilities are nasty. You can license it in another state but legally it must be licensed in your in your primary residence which is where you spent most of the year. Getting caught could prove to be quite expensive.
Old 03-11-2008, 05:17 PM
doug

Originally Posted by halfass872
Stage 1 and 2 both have carb. The only difference between one and two is the water to air intercooler addition. Stage 3/4 does not have carb due to having a diff SS box and running conciderably more rich, with a bigger fuel pump, 7th injector etc.

http://www.stillen.com/superchargers..._Guide_USA.pdf
i stand corrected
Old 03-11-2008, 05:21 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Name:  1499171263lhz20ntvj1bfzxm0.gif
Views: 102
Size:  614.1 KB

Quick Reply: Stillen Stage 2 Dyno results...*Flame suit on* lol