Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Eagletanggreen ----->Thinking about quiting!<------

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 02:16 PM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by XKR
Luie... I still feel that you have made a bad move by selling your Z....but it was your move to make not mine..I have driven in your car and I have just gotten a chance to drive the GTR....I was more impressed with your car. The reason i say this is because after the "off the line "G" force attack" you feel from the stock GTR wears off...you are left with the feeling of a regular FI car. Your car had this never ending pull. Yes, I am quite sure you will mod the GTR...But when? How long will you have to wait and how much will you have to pay for being the first? HR Z/G are still waiting for a main stream of parts!!

If I were you..this is what I would do....I would save and get the 1) 997TT or 2) Z06 ZR1....why I say this? Because what you thing will happen if all the hipe about the GTR does not hold up? What will happen when those SHARKES at the dealership hike up the price so much and kill the market? I told you to wait until the market decides where this car should be placed. I would not pay a dime over 55K for this car....not a dime. I am less impressed with this car now that I have driven one.

I dont want what happened to me to happen to you. Do you remember when the Boxter Porsche first came out? My wife HAD to have one !! Sticker price 31K....those *&^% dealers were hiking the price up to 50K. I told her to wait...but she had to have one. Found one for 46K and like a fool I got it for her. Trade in time I wanted to kill my wife....I was lucky to get 23K....the fair price if I had paid MSRP.

Good luck Luie

YOu can get a new 997TT out the door for 146K.....not a fully loaded one but one with a few upgrades....

Mike I would love to keep my car, but the way I drive it it would cost me more to keep it. I just want a low 11'sec car with a warranty, good looks, ect.
I am done and over the "I have to have the fastest car". I mod cars for my own enjoyment, and of course it fun to have bragging rights here and there.

I rode and drove Joe Kenefic car all weekend long, and I will tell you one thing, If I could have his car with the handling of my car I would be the most happiest person on the planet, but thats not the case.
I was always happy with my Z but never content. I want torque! Torque feels good, Hp is nothing.

Joe and myself had a hand full of beers just talking about car, and what could possibly be the best move (car to get). The Z06 hands down was the car to get. You can buy a new Z06 for 9K off MSRP, and that car is all motor. When I finally get to drive a GTR is when the guess work will finally stop!

If the GTR is running mid 11's stock well that good enough for me.
997 TT's around my house are running 100 shot with a reflash, and are doing mid 10's freaking automatic.

Haltach + 100 shot = ????
Old 06-15-2008, 03:51 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by eagletanggreen
Mike I would love to keep my car, but the way I drive it it would cost me more to keep it. I just want a low 11'sec car with a warranty, good looks, ect.
I am done and over the "I have to have the fastest car". I mod cars for my own enjoyment, and of course it fun to have bragging rights here and there.

I rode and drove Joe Kenefic car all weekend long, and I will tell you one thing, If I could have his car with the handling of my car I would be the most happiest person on the planet, but thats not the case.
I was always happy with my Z but never content. I want torque! Torque feels good, Hp is nothing.

Joe and myself had a hand full of beers just talking about car, and what could possibly be the best move (car to get). The Z06 hands down was the car to get. You can buy a new Z06 for 9K off MSRP, and that car is all motor. When I finally get to drive a GTR is when the guess work will finally stop!

If the GTR is running mid 11's stock well that good enough for me.
997 TT's around my house are running 100 shot with a reflash, and are doing mid 10's freaking automatic.

Haltach + 100 shot = ????

I understand.... Keep me updated
Old 06-15-2008, 07:15 PM
tig488

i dont believe the hype of the GTRs yet, too early for me to tell. ive seen some things that make me doubt their performance.
Old 06-16-2008, 09:04 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You made the right choice Luie.

I am about to do the same thing, but I dont have the time to swap all the stock crap back in. I am contemplating selling the car mod'd along with a few other options. We'll talk soon!
Old 06-16-2008, 09:42 AM
UMW350Z

Alberto gonig for a GTR??? SAY IT AIN'T SO!!
Old 06-16-2008, 10:32 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Fawk the GTR, I would never buy a car that you cant shift and that a monkey could run 11's in...Id be out of the car game for a long time.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:37 AM
Pun1sh3RZ

Oh no big dawg #2 possibly out Sorry to hear it Alberto hopefully you can swing by Sunday
Old 06-16-2008, 10:52 AM
JAM3Z
Phenom

Originally Posted by Alberto
You made the right choice Luie.

I am about to do the same thing, but I dont have the time to swap all the stock crap back in. I am contemplating selling the car mod'd along with a few other options. We'll talk soon!
I don't really care one way or another, but why didn't you just part out when the motor went most recently. I don't get this trend with people building their cars and selling them within months. Seems like a little planning and foresight could have gone along way .
Old 06-16-2008, 12:08 PM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

Another update!!

The motor is 90% sold

the turbos are sold joe needs to get them out so I can reviece payment

wheels are sold

BBK are the only big thing left

I have not even put the effort into selling my part yet and almost everything is sold. I will go over my goal of 50K I was OG asking fr the complete car, way over.

Big thanks to Modified Auto Design for helping me ut big time on getting these parts off my car, and a good time at the Dyno Day this past weekend. They Dynoed around 30 cars all day long with a Ford lighting making 1150 whp on the thier new DD dyno, and a 1975 rabbit making 42hp. Good times!!

Berto give me a call when you get a chance, i take it you having a good time with you new toy.

Here is a video a buddy of mine took 2 weeks ago at CMP. I am the third rider in front of him on a 08 gsxr 1000K in the beginning of the video, but fast forward to the 3:00 mark and I am the second guy for better footage.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hMmnyeVuxgM

Last edited by eagletanggreen; 06-16-2008 at 12:24 PM.
Old 06-16-2008, 12:18 PM
JAM3Z
Phenom

^Cool video. Bikes are fun .
Old 06-17-2008, 03:59 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Hell yeah nice video Luie. I'll call you today around 11:30...definitely having fun with the new toy, hitting back roads every time I ride with friends working on it!
Old 06-17-2008, 07:02 PM
DMK

How much torque were you making with 700whp? How about 500whp (estimate)?
Old 06-17-2008, 07:18 PM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

Originally Posted by DMK
How much torque were you making with 700whp? How about 500whp (estimate)?

675trq @21psi
620trq@ 19spi
Old 08-15-2008, 04:18 AM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

Almost Done witht he part out!

Big Thanks to Joe @ Modified for the hard work.

It pays to part the car out, for those of you that are thinking about selling your car.
Old 08-15-2008, 04:21 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

It pays if you have a hookup like Joe and Modified who does the work for you. Otherwise its a fawking headache.

Luie-how you been?
Old 08-15-2008, 04:30 AM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

Originally Posted by Alberto
It pays if you have a hookup like Joe and Modified who does the work for you. Otherwise its a fawking headache.

Luie-how you been?

Yes It very good to have a hook up like Joe!!!

You can always send your car to Joe and have him do all the work for a package deal. LOL

I have been good. This trip is very slow, I dont see much going here next year. I guess thats a good thing..
We need to do a track day up at summit when I get back! Nice sticky tires for your bike on me. What you think, just need some room and baord the night prior.

Iraq aint the same anymore, guess the camp fire stories at Z days are going to be a little slow this year (buzzmountain).
Old 08-15-2008, 05:04 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Im down for a track day. Ive put almost 3000 miles on the bike in less than 2 months, and thats not riding it nearly as much as I would like to. Tires on you? Your crazy, I'll get the tires, afterwords you get the beers
Old 08-15-2008, 06:36 AM
jumpin800agl
8 to 11

glad to hear you are doing ok over there Luie. I am headed to Vicenza in February.
Old 08-15-2008, 07:05 AM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

Originally Posted by jumpin800agl
glad to hear you are doing ok over there Luie. I am headed to Vicenza in February.

Nice gig over there, hell you should be able to sell the Z over there for alot of $$$.

Alberto /\ Your on guy!!
Old 08-15-2008, 07:56 AM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by eagletanggreen
Iraq aint the same anymore, guess the camp fire stories at Z days are going to be a little slow this year (buzzmountain).

Be safe homie.....

Quick Reply: Eagletanggreen ----->Thinking about quiting!<------