Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Thank you GTM! Stillen Sucks

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 05:08 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by chaparro78
Not everyone wants to drop over $10k to get the 450+hp on twins. Many people are happy with the 370-420 the Vortech gives. If I want more speed I'll jump on my Suzuki GSX-R, which cost much less than turbo setup and faster.

Vortech (new) + motorcycle (new) = cost of a good TT setup
(

+

)

+

= YOU FAIL

- Doug (climbing back into his fallout shelter)
Old 04-29-2008, 05:36 PM
carfi179

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What the hell! you got your car back before I did? my car only needed a new tune and meth installation...almost 4 weeks out hope to hit 400whp at 9psi with the new tune. Congrats!. Take some pics of the new set up and post your dyno graph bro.

Last edited by carfi179; 04-29-2008 at 05:39 PM.
Old 04-29-2008, 05:54 PM
chaparro78

Originally Posted by doug
(

+

)

+

= YOU FAIL

- Doug (climbing back into his fallout shelter)

?? Fail what ??
You yourself should know that your bike is faster, and was more cheaper than your TT setup. Just helped make my point. Some people don't want to drop the amount of money it takes to make the Z a 500HP car, cheaper to buy a Vette.

Too bad you can't drive either one of your toys year around.
Old 04-29-2008, 06:14 PM
Pun1sh3RZ

sorry thought you were OP :edit:

Last edited by Pun1sh3RZ; 04-29-2008 at 06:35 PM.
Old 04-29-2008, 06:19 PM
chaparro78

Originally Posted by Pun1sh3RZ
sorry you fail, i'm guessing you have gsx-r 600 if you have the bike and don't need more power then why did you upgrade from stillen?

You = FAIL

I never had a Stillen, what are you talking about?
Old 04-29-2008, 06:24 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Not everyone wants to drop over $10k to get the 450+hp on twins. Many people are happy with the 370-420 the Vortech gives. If I want more speed I'll jump on my Suzuki GSX-R, which cost much less than turbo setup and faster.

Vortech (new) + motorcycle (new) = cost of a good TT setup
why so defensive? if you feel so secure about it no need to make it a big deal.
Old 04-29-2008, 06:29 PM
App6MT

Results look great and I'm sure you'll love it.

As for everyone else, why do you feel the need to **** on anyone who doesn't go twin turbo? Believe it or not some people are truly happy with a certain power level. Quit going off topic and give the guy a break.
Old 04-29-2008, 06:34 PM
chaparro78

Originally Posted by Nexx
why so defensive? if you feel so secure about it no need to make it a big deal.

Not at all, the OP said what he was going with and everyone jumped on his case about what he should do with his money. I think before anyone jumps into FI, they should have a set amount to be prepared to spend. Many people don't realize the size of the price tag that comes with building up a Z motor to hold huge power.

If the OP is content with a HP range in the high 300s then thats great. Nothing wrong with that.

Other people like you may want more power, whether by choice or blown motor as in your case, and dont mind spending the money it takes to make a 500+HP Z.
Old 04-29-2008, 06:36 PM
Pun1sh3RZ

Because many of people go with a SC with intent of being happy with the result and sometime down the road upgrade to twin turbo. Me being one, just hate to see it happen again and again
Old 04-29-2008, 06:47 PM
carfi179

^I hate to agree (TN owner) but your statement is right, Boost is addicting. I decided to go with TN since I can easily install it and I thought 400whp is too much If I had to do it again today I'll go twins or PL kit.
Old 04-29-2008, 06:47 PM
doug

?? Fail what ??
You yourself should know that your bike is faster, and was more cheaper than your TT setup. Just helped make my point. Some people don't want to drop the amount of money it takes to make the Z a 500HP car, cheaper to buy a Vette.
i learned one day the guy i was talking to at the breakfast table at my job was making 1.2 million before his bonus.. that quickly taught me i should never assume whats cheaper or what is more cost effective when talking to others..

why not have a 600 whp car and 170 whp motorcycle bike if you can afford it?

the joy of having a 600 whp car is that when i get off my bike.. i can still kill 98% of the cars on the road.. and i never have to think when i pull up to a fast car .. damn.. i wish i was on my bike

Too bad you can't drive either one of your toys year around.
FAIL AGAIN

all i have to do is take the snow off..
Old 04-29-2008, 06:53 PM
Hexxum001

Have you stopped to consider that maybe he chose to go with a Vortech after the Stillen because Stillen and Vortech are the only CARB legal options that we have in Cali?? I know that I would be TT if it wasn't for CARB. But the fines/penalties and having to remove the T/TT if you get caught is not worth it IMO. With the Vortech, at least you get the CARB Exempt plaque on the charger. There is NO T/TT kit that is legal in Cali and that affects many people's decisions when it comes to FI. Nice way to OT the guys thread too btw.
Old 04-29-2008, 06:55 PM
haeshik

^lol
Old 04-29-2008, 06:56 PM
chaparro78

i learned one day the guy i was talking to at the breakfast table at my job was making 1.2 million before his bonus.. that quickly taught me i should never assume whats cheaper or what is more cost effective when talking to others..

why not have a 600 whp car and 170 whp motorcycle bike if you can afford it?

the joy of having a 600 whp car is that when i get off my bike.. i can still kill 98% of the cars on the road.. and i never have to think when i pull up to a fast car .. damn.. i wish i was on my bike .
Um ok, still don't get your Fail comments, didnt realize anyone was taking a test. This got off topic anyway. I have read enough of your posts that it's all a numbers game to you and if anyone says anything you disagree with you go off on rants.

To the OP, hope you enjoy your new set up.
Old 04-29-2008, 07:00 PM
doug

Um ok, still don't get your Fail comments, didnt realize anyone was taking a test. This got off topic anyway. I have read enough of your posts that it's all a numbers game to you and if anyone says anything you disagree with you go off on rants.

To the OP, hope you enjoy your new set up.
failure is to show that your argument fails.. it fails to hold water.. it has no merrit..

now we have cleared up the fail comments..

you took the topic off its course when you mentioned a bike and TT setup.. please pay attention to what you are doing.. it will clear any future confusion..

if it were a numbers game to me.. my car would be 700whp or 800whp.. nice try though.. my car is considered mild Build numbers.. lots of cars here with way more power.. the power numbers i have desired are based on cars i expect to run into on the street and how i wish the outcome will be determined.. its never about numbers.. its about performance..

if you paid enough attention.. you will notice i dont go off on rants.. i argue opinions and in the rare occasion i am wrong.. i will admit i am.

Thank you for playing
Old 04-29-2008, 07:03 PM
carfi179

Any FI thread w/o going OT is boring

BTW: People in cali worried about CARB? aren't most of us running no cats anyways?? 99% of the time if you get pulled over by POPO they will not stop giving you a ticket just because you have a "CARB legal" mod. They can still give you a ticket for "modified engine" citation...
Old 04-29-2008, 07:04 PM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!
Premier Member

Congrat!:
Old 04-29-2008, 07:09 PM
chaparro78

failure is to show that your argument fails.. it fails to hold water.. it has no merrit..

now we have cleared up the fail comments..

you took the topic off its course when you mentioned a bike and TT setup.. please pay attention to what you are doing.. it will clear any future confusion..

if it were a numbers game to me.. my car would be 700whp or 800whp.. nice try though.. my car is considered mild Build numbers.. lots of cars here with way more power.. the power numbers i have desired are based on cars i expect to run into on the street and how i wish the outcome will be determined.. its never about numbers.. its about performance..

if you paid enough attention.. you will notice i dont go off on rants.. i argue opinions and in the rare occasion i am wrong.. i will admit i am.

Thank you for playing

rant

noun
1. a loud bombastic declamation expressed with strong emotion

2. pompous or pretentious talk or writing [syn: bombast]

verb
1. talk in a noisy, excited, or declamatory manner
Old 04-29-2008, 07:11 PM
doug

rant

noun
1. a loud bombastic declamation expressed with strong emotion

2. pompous or pretentious talk or writing [syn: bombast]

verb
1. talk in a noisy, excited, or declamatory manner
when you have something more to add to the topic or our discussion let me know..

ironically i'm the one about numbers, but you have your dyno numbers in your sig.. lol
Old 04-29-2008, 07:22 PM
Hexxum001

Originally Posted by carfi179
Any FI thread w/o going OT is boring

BTW: People in cali worried about CARB? aren't most of us running no cats anyways?? 99% of the time if you get pulled over by POPO they will not stop giving you a ticket just because you have a "CARB legal" mod. They can still give you a ticket for "modified engine" citation...
All I can say is that they are really cracking down on mods now. I got pulled over once and the cop saw the CARB exempt stamp on my Vortech, plus he knew that SC's were legal, so he didn't give me a hard time about it. If I had a T/TT under my hood, I would have been ****ed. In Cali, you are definitely playing with fire if you have test pipes and/or are T/TT. I already know of a couple of people that got busted and one other person that is TT that is really considering going back to a Vortech because of CARB. It really sucks but it's a reality in Cali and you might be throwing away a ton of money if you go T/TT and get caught.

Quick Reply: Thank you GTM! Stillen Sucks