Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Forged Performance: 3 Podium Finishes at Redline Time Attack In Nashville

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 07:41 AM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

congrats man!

glad to see you and BC could exist on the same track lol. I see alot of positive comments here, and I hope people give the props to BC as well, like you guys did (I know this is not thier thread).

what causes the power steering to go? running the larger wheels/tires in the front or a lack of cooling?

Last edited by Motormouth; 07-29-2008 at 07:48 AM.
Old 07-29-2008, 07:53 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rcdash
Congrats Sharif and FP crew - very impressive! When you gonna get me 550? lol. Not bad for 450 on that track. Do you know the whp of the other cars?
All of the unlimited cars and most of the modified cars were making more power. I believe the BC racing car was making about 600whp and 15-18psi which is what they usually run.
Old 07-29-2008, 07:54 AM
THE ROADSTER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any one has video of the race???????????
Old 07-29-2008, 07:56 AM
EnjukuBG
Sponsor
Enjuku Racing

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
All of the unlimited cars and most of the modified cars were making more power. I believe the BC racing car was making about 600whp and 15-18psi which is what they usually run.
600whp at 18-19psi. They were running 14 all weekend though.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:14 AM
Trevor_

The G35 engine wasn't built by us, and its the first time its been tracked. It was also running WG pressure. We are tearing it down in the next 48hrs, to see what happened, but my guess is that it spun bearing, but I wasn't driving it, so God knows what happened. It will be back on the track for the next event, with our one of our engines which have proven to be pretty bullet proof on the track.

With respect the classes and my times, we ran the Hoosiers in the Sunday morning session, and those times counted for Unlimited (mounted on the TE37's). We then ran a modified legal tire in the afternoon sessions which counted for the modified times (mounted on the Enkies). I had almost no practice on Sat, which is why my morning session Unlimited time was about the same as my modified time. Live and learn.
Thanks for clearing that up, a few of us were confused.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:34 AM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

The G35 engine wasn't built by us, and its the first time its been tracked. It was also running WG pressure. We are tearing it down in the next 48hrs, to see what happened, but my guess is that it spun bearing, but I wasn't driving it, so God knows what happened. It will be back on the track for the next event, with our one of our engines which have proven to be pretty bullet proof on the track.

With respect the classes and my times, we ran the Hoosiers in the Sunday morning session, and those times counted for Unlimited (mounted on the TE37's). We then ran a modified legal tire in the afternoon sessions which counted for the modified times (mounted on the Enkies). I had almost no practice on Sat, which is why my morning session Unlimited time was about the same as my modified time. Live and learn.
Oh man, sorry to hear. So odd to fail on WG pressure when it held up to so much more power on the dyno. No gauge warnings or anything - that's kind of scary. What EMS does Philthy use on that car and are there any datalogs that will help you? Best wishes for a speedy dx and rebuild!

Last edited by rcdash; 07-29-2008 at 08:40 AM.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:21 AM
GTM
Vendor - Former Vendor

I say this all in jest. I have known Ron for over 3 years now...so a little ribbing is nothing unusual. The GT3, is an amazing car in the hands of a good driver. Arguably one of the fastest track cars in 100% OEM trim....even comes with the sticky Pilot Cups from the factory.
I know, I was just adding to it.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:57 AM
Philthy
Boost Junkie

Big thanks to everyone at Forged Performance and RobiSpec for all the effort that went into trying to race prep my car in two days

The mechanical issue was pretty odd, no signs of anything wrong, coolant system was solid, nothing in the oil, and Robi wasn't even pushing the car. It was Robi's first time at this track and driving my car, so he was just settling into his racing line... Robi did over rev the motor once and maybe that had something to do with the tapping noise that developed - my guess is a spun rod bearing but Sharif and crew will have here back and stronger than ever before the next event.

On a positive side, the car just flat out works and is fast! Robi set the mornings practice sessions fastest time of 1:11 flat in the rain and on my year old and worn down NT-01's - Going on Robi's feedback, 1:05 easy on my race wheel/rubber setup, the boost controller on and race gas - we were running wastegate pressure and burning off the pump gas (I drove the car to the event).

My Congrats to BC Racing - I talked to Pete and crew at the event and I believe we settled our differences - besides Scott, my opinion of him is even less after speaking with him!

Here's some pics of the G:

Old 07-29-2008, 09:59 AM
JAM3Z
Phenom

Wow, I didn't realize you went all out with the front diffusers and wing. Too bad, but I'm sure Sharif will get you straight.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:04 AM
GTM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Wow Phil, your G is looking very sick indeed. I love it, I bet you can't wait to tear it up on the track to see what she can do. You are in good hands with Forged.

I hope you got some big tracks out there, so you can put all that power to use!

-George
Old 07-29-2008, 10:11 AM
spazegun2213

Sharif,
Congrats on your finishes, I'm sure you will use what you've learned and really step it up at the next event. Will you make it out to summit point? Its my home track and a ton of fun. I'm sorry to hear what happened to your G, talking with Robi after it was clear that car was fast and well setup. I look forward to seeing you all at future events.

-Ross Miller
Driver of the PTuning Scion tC
Old 07-29-2008, 10:18 AM
rcdash

What a sick road race setup Phil. Very nice. I want to see what those wide tires and aero will do. And you can swap out that huge NOS tank for the passenger seat? I always wondered about that - road race or drag race setups. Very cool. It's amazing what the FP crew can do in 2 days.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:25 AM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

All I can say is that it is good to see more Zs and Gs competing. We were getting pretty lonely with just us and M-Workz. Good to see some of the differences worked out as well and hopefully more people are actually starting to realize the what it takes and the stress your car endures when running hard at the track.

BTW, Sharif, how the hell did you get your car down to 3100 lbs? Thats what my Z weighs and I have done almost every bit of weight reduction I can. Hell the BC Racing G35 weighs 3500 lbs fully gutted.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:39 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by SinCity350Z
All I can say is that it is good to see more Zs and Gs competing. We were getting pretty lonely with just us and M-Workz. Good to see some of the differences worked out as well and hopefully more people are actually starting to realize the what it takes and the stress your car endures when running hard at the track.

BTW, Sharif, how the hell did you get your car down to 3100 lbs? Thats what my Z weighs and I have done almost every bit of weight reduction I can. Hell the BC Racing G35 weighs 3500 lbs fully gutted.
Thanks for the comments. I didn't get a close look at the BC Racing G35, but that car is far more gutted than mine, and definately weighs less than 3500lbs. Phil's car, with very little gutting weighed in at 3400'lbs ish. The BC car has a cage, and mine still doesnt for the timebeing. Hell, I even have my inner and middle door panels, windows, motors...etc..etc. Maybe that can help explain the difference. I've got about 50lbs more in weigh reduction to perform, and then the cage goes in, which should kick up the weight again.
Old 07-29-2008, 12:00 PM
rcdash

Thanks for the comments. I didn't get a close look at the BC Racing G35, but that car is far more gutted than mine, and definately weighs less than 3500lbs. Phil's car, with very little gutting weighed in at 3400'lbs ish. The BC car has a cage, and mine still doesnt for the timebeing. Hell, I even have my inner and middle door panels, windows, motors...etc..etc. Maybe that can help explain the difference. I've got about 50lbs more in weigh reduction to perform, and then the cage goes in, which should kick up the weight again.
Titanium for cage - FP can weld that right?

Is that a HANS device I see in the pics? Which one did you pick?

And scrutinizing the pics a little more, I see dual intakes on that 700bb kit. Is that right? Grrrr.

Last edited by rcdash; 07-29-2008 at 12:02 PM.
Old 07-29-2008, 12:15 PM
jumpin800agl
8 to 11

Looks like a great outing had by all. Congrats to Sharif on the times, I guess all those times trying to catch me in the mountains paid off .

Sorry to hear about the car trouble Phil. Your car is looking great though and I am sure it will be back in full force soon.
Old 07-29-2008, 12:51 PM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

I still don't get it as my Z has dry carbon doors, a bunch of the OEM sheetmetal cut out, dry carbon hood, as little interior as the rules will allow, and it still weighs 3100 lbs.
Old 07-29-2008, 12:53 PM
iStan
ZR

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

^Probably the 19.7 point roll jungle gym in your car.
Old 07-29-2008, 12:54 PM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

Originally Posted by iStan
^Probably the 19.7 point roll jungle gym in your car.
Nah we actually broke even with that vs. the interior sheet metal cut out and replaced with cage.
Old 07-29-2008, 12:56 PM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SinCity350Z
I still don't get it as my Z has dry carbon doors, a bunch of the OEM sheetmetal cut out, dry carbon hood, as little interior as the rules will allow, and it still weighs 3100 lbs.
Sharif doesn't have a cage. don't the cages weigh like 3-400 lbs? that would explain it.

Quick Reply: Forged Performance: 3 Podium Finishes at Redline Time Attack In Nashville