Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

535WHP/530 Torque on Turbonetics Kit....

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 09:52 AM
ABL 2 FLY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 535WHP/530 Torque on Turbonetics Kit....

Sorry it took so long to get this posted up since I said we were working on it, but here's the dyno chart from the other day. The car made 535WHP and 532 Torque on pump gas.

Here's a video of the car on the dyno and the specs for the car: http://www.nationalspeedinc.com/blog/

Old 08-11-2008, 09:53 AM
350z2go

dam,... nice numbers man
Old 08-11-2008, 09:58 AM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

boost is all over the place, great number though.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:59 AM
escobar929

wow sick, did you have to modify the kit at all?
Old 08-11-2008, 10:15 AM
turismo

Nice numbers
Old 08-11-2008, 11:03 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Engine
Carillo Rods
Arias Extreme Duty 9:1 Pistons
ARP Bolts
Brian Crower Valve Springs/ Retainers
Brian Crower Cams
Heads Ported and Polished
5 Angle Valve Job
Turbonetics 60-1 Ball Bearing turbo
Spearco intercooler
CJ Motorsports Return Fuel System
Walbro Fuel pump
RC 650cc Injectors
Turbonetics AF-1 Air filter
Turbonetics Evolution Wastegate
Turbonetics Raptor BOV with polished discharge horn
Black chrome mandrel bent aluminum Intercooler piping
3.0" polished mandrel bent stainless steel downpipe
Haltec ECU
Custom Oil Cooler
Koyo Racing Radiator
Alta Oil Catch Can
Custom 3" stainless exhaust with HKS hi-power muffler
Not too shabby. So around 20psi on pump gas?
Old 08-11-2008, 11:15 AM
350 Rookie
Banned

damn, thats hot. i wish i can pull that right now
Old 08-11-2008, 11:52 AM
ABL 2 FLY

Originally Posted by escobar929
wow sick, did you have to modify the kit at all?
No, it's the stock kit.

Originally Posted by Alberto
Not too shabby. So around 20psi on pump gas?
Yeah. The boost bounced around at the end, but peaked around 19.5. Also, just noticed in my list of mods that you pasted up that it said I had a 3" downpipe. That coming, but not installed yet. Right now it's the standard 2.5".
Old 08-11-2008, 11:59 AM
Blu_Blur

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice. Now I know what I could do if I went ***** deep with this kit (I have a very conservative set-up on my TN)
Old 08-11-2008, 12:02 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

the only difference i can see with this kit and any other stock kit is the Haltec.. apart from that i'm skeptical.. not of the numbers.. but of something else is going on to achieve these numbers..
Old 08-11-2008, 12:06 PM
350zHalleck

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrats george. I need to get a ride in it with the new numbers.

also any word on the pro-charger? hit me up man.
Old 08-11-2008, 12:07 PM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Awesome numbers and I can't believe Doug did not flame but I'm just giving Doug a hard time.
Old 08-11-2008, 12:07 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Haltech and headwork. Both TN builds we have seen with good EM's and HW = 500whp

No water/meth injection? 20psi on pump gas for a kit with high EGT's sounds off..
Old 08-11-2008, 12:20 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

+1 on what Alberto said...
the 2 builds with TN that went past 500 used a standalone and head-work.
the more you dissect this results you will see that the efficiency % started going down fast...i agree that the psi with the known EGTs doesn't sound right.
It jsut proves to the OP hes engine is overbuild for his power, or that he needs a real turbo kit made for higher psi .
Congrats never the less, 530whp is fast regardless
Old 08-11-2008, 12:23 PM
350 Rookie
Banned

Originally Posted by ABL 2 FLY
No, it's the stock kit.
hmmm. i didnt know they come with 650 injectors.
Old 08-11-2008, 12:36 PM
taurran

OP - Well done!

For all the people trying to downplay this: no fawking sht it's low for that boost level - the kit was designed for a stock car! Quit trying to downplay everyone else and just take it for what it's worth.

Many kits tend to bleed off boost toward redline - even greddy tt kits. That gives a lot of tuners a good opportunity to claim they made power on lower boost levels than the car is actually making at peak tq...
Old 08-11-2008, 12:43 PM
race4it

Originally Posted by Alberto
Haltech and headwork. Both TN builds we have seen with good EM's and HW = 500whp

No water/meth injection? 20psi on pump gas for a kit with high EGT's sounds off..
The car belongs to my son. You guys might remember it from a while back. It's the reincarnation of the black Z that had the white paint thrown all over it at his school.

Anyway, those numbers and mods are correct and it was tuned with 93 octane pump gas. We've run it again since then and gotten the same numbers (actually 537). Didn't GTM have similar numbers a while back with the same kit?

Also, we ordered a new set of axles for the car, but have not installed them yet. Our mistake, as you can see below.

Originally Posted by 350 Rookie
hmmm. i didnt know they come with 650 injectors.
You're right about the injectors. Sorry about that. If you want the exact mods on the car you can go to the link below. There are no secrets.
http://www.nationalspeedinc.com/cars.php?id=20&offset=0

Anyway, no-one's trying to mislead anyone or make a big deal out of these numbers. My son just posted it up because he was happy with the new build/tune and thought the numbers were pretty good and that people might be interested.

Last edited by race4it; 08-11-2008 at 01:06 PM.
Old 08-11-2008, 01:46 PM
watisjdm

congrats george
Old 08-11-2008, 01:49 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by race4it
Anyway, no-one's trying to mislead anyone or make a big deal out of these numbers. My son just posted it up because he was happy with the new build/tune and thought the numbers were pretty good and that people might be interested.
i'm a skeptic when things are done for the first time that have never been done before, however i have no problem believing after facts are proven.

my skepticism arises from the fact that 4 of the top tuners wern't able to achieve such numbers on a stock TN unmoidified Kit and 1 of the 4 had to use an external wastegate to get there..

maybe motor build and work done is what finally pushed it over the edge, however as you should understand this is the first TN Kit making this kind of number with the original kit un-touched..

i am also amazed that someone in this thread had the nerve to comment after he himself considered the stock kit a failure to produce such numbers and took another route to try and achieve these numbers... seems very hypocritical to me.. but anyway.. enough about insiginificant information..

if you guys truely did achieve these numbers without meth, nitrous, or a different wastegate.. congrats.. and maybe we will see more TN Kits with the same recipie you have used to do simular. I know TN's sales have gone down drastically because it was common knowledge what you have acomplished was not possible, maybe you have even helped them and allowed their kit to be more marketable with the choices you have made.
Old 08-11-2008, 02:20 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by doug
i'm a skeptic when things are done for the first time that have never been done before, however i have no problem believing after facts are proven.

my skepticism arises from the fact that 4 of the top tuners wern't able to achieve such numbers on a stock TN unmoidified Kit and 1 of the 4 had to use an external wastegate to get there..

maybe motor build and work done is what finally pushed it over the edge, however as you should understand this is the first TN Kit making this kind of number with the original kit un-touched..

i am also amazed that someone in this thread had the nerve to comment after he himself considered the stock kit a failure to produce such numbers and took another route to try and achieve these numbers... seems very hypocritical to me.. but anyway.. enough about insiginificant information..

if you guys truely did achieve these numbers without meth, nitrous, or a different wastegate.. congrats.. and maybe we will see more TN Kits with the same recipie you have used to do simular. I know TN's sales have gone down drastically because it was common knowledge what you have acomplished was not possible, maybe you have even helped them and allowed their kit to be more marketable with the choices you have made.

yeah, i think the guy is legit......but IMO adding just pistons and rods and apr hardware to bottom end gives you a block capable of well over 600whp(besides EMS and fuel), why pair it with the a kit that performs horribly when thats the goal? I think even those saying "i jsut want 500whp" woudl prefer a kit that performs such numbers at "low boost" tune.

ITs good to see its limits being pushed. There may be a day will see a 400whp Stillen stg4

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 08-11-2008 at 02:22 PM.

Quick Reply: 535WHP/530 Torque on Turbonetics Kit....