Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

The cops got me,really good!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 08:05 AM
ttg35fort
Professional

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WSchli1672
Exactly!!! Soon as I can, I'll be in the Florida "Panhandle" like "Niceville", so I can run Fort Walton Beach, Pensacola, etc. Here, I have the State Carb Legal Vortech S/C. When I leave I'll trade it in for a APS TT Extreme and built motor. That's the plan, but getting out of here is like ....... I visited Florida last year and it was really nice, a little rainy and warm, but it was a nice place, and good roads for cruising. And not worry about restrictions, which is the bomb...
I'm assuming that you visited sometime between May and October. This time of year is gorgeous down here. I moved from CA in 1993 with the intent of only staying for a couple of years and then moving back, but I'm still here. My first summer was rough, but the winters down here and complete lack of smog more than make up for it. Also, having a boat helps get through the hot summers. If you move here, get one, even if it's an old beater (just make sure it runs well). Then you can find some nice beaches to anchor next to, and hang out in the water while you suck down the barley pop.
Old 02-26-2009, 08:11 AM
Entaille

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

it really worries me how **** from cali seems to flow uphill towards WA. I will be really sad if we start having the kind of restrictions that you guys have on your cars.. ;/
Old 02-26-2009, 09:20 AM
djamps

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

In CA does the cop manually log your VIN (by hand) on the ref or fix it ticket?
Old 02-27-2009, 07:14 AM
j.arnaldo
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Aha, sometimes regulations/laws can be wierd and "out of whack" with reality. Diesels definitely DO more harm to the environment than gasoline vehicles, still, they're not as closely monitored as gas-operated ones. I-r-r-a-t-i-o-n-a-l stuff!!! Puerto Rico is still a haven for sports car owners. I bought my 'O4 Touring Coupe on February of 2008; now, a year later, I haven't been stopped once yet, for ANY reason. Guess I can't complain!
____________________________________________________________ ___________________________
'O4 Touring Coupe: NO feathering, NO oil-consumption issue, FLAWLESS AT...NO PROBLEMO!!!
Old 03-02-2009, 06:55 AM
mazymus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this is a scary thread. i'm about to buy a lightly moded car with front lip, intake, stock-looking exhaust, lowered with rims. the car doesn't have turbo.

should i be expecting to be pulled over and get ticketed? if the car is smog checked (which it has to be before my purchase), will i be safe from getting ref tickets?

or do the cops just look at the way the car looks and automatically give a ticket based on the fact that i have a lowered car with rims.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:04 AM
IslandZavage

I would seriously move if i had to live in a state where they were on my **** all day about what i drive, and what i've done to my car.. too much headache..
Old 03-02-2009, 08:41 AM
mazymus

Originally Posted by mazymus
this is a scary thread. i'm about to buy a lightly moded car with front lip, intake, stock-looking exhaust, lowered with rims. the car doesn't have turbo.

should i be expecting to be pulled over and get ticketed? if the car is smog checked (which it has to be before my purchase), will i be safe from getting ref tickets?

or do the cops just look at the way the car looks and automatically give a ticket based on the fact that i have a lowered car with rims.
no too easy to just move out
Old 03-03-2009, 03:24 PM
TurboTim
Vendor - Former Vendor

Update:

After all this time, I finally got it all worked out. No returning to stock and no ref. LOL. Alot of time in court haggling though and finally, we settled on a fine. I can finally drive my car without worrying about it anymore. But now I want a 370. LOL.
Old 03-03-2009, 03:31 PM
35Z

Wink No ref!

Tim:

Good to hear you finally got your modified Z work out so you can drive it again on the street without incurring the wrath of the CHP!! So when are you going to complete the SFR twin turbo kit for the 370Z- hint, hint!!!
Old 03-03-2009, 03:32 PM
03aeroZ

Glad it worked out...I have been silently following it since you first posted, and I have been very glad Illinois doesn't do the CARB crap. Half of the "daily drivers" people use wouldn't be on the road around here if they did smog testing.
Old 03-03-2009, 03:53 PM
fallenromeo

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

I didn't know they gave an option. You could either put your car back to stock or pay a fine and keep it modified? What kind of fine did you have to pay if you don't mind me asking? I have never heard of this before.
Old 03-03-2009, 04:14 PM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Originally Posted by j.arnaldo
Aha, sometimes regulations/laws can be wierd and "out of whack" with reality. Diesels definitely DO more harm to the environment than gasoline vehicles, still, they're not as closely monitored as gas-operated ones. I-r-r-a-t-i-o-n-a-l stuff!!! Puerto Rico is still a haven for sports car owners. I bought my 'O4 Touring Coupe on February of 2008; now, a year later, I haven't been stopped once yet, for ANY reason. Guess I can't complain
I thought you're an English teacher
Old 03-03-2009, 04:55 PM
serturbo1

Yeah if you don't mind divulging that kind've information I would like to know how you got out of going to the state ref and keeping your car the way it is and just paying the fine.. Im in san diego and I was going to visit your shop for some tuning needs when I get my vortech installed.. Im' on the g35driver forum a lot more though.. Thanks
Old 03-03-2009, 05:28 PM
TurboTim
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by fallenromeo
I didn't know they gave an option. You could either put your car back to stock or pay a fine and keep it modified? What kind of fine did you have to pay if you don't mind me asking? I have never heard of this before.

There are ways to get around anything.You have to be persistent.Five times in court over six months to get through this mess.The fine was $650
Old 03-03-2009, 05:31 PM
TurboTim
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by serturbo1
Yeah if you don't mind divulging that kind've information I would like to know how you got out of going to the state ref and keeping your car the way it is and just paying the fine.. Im in san diego and I was going to visit your shop for some tuning needs when I get my vortech installed.. Im' on the g35driver forum a lot more though.. Thanks

When you come in we can talk but I dont want to say anything incriminating on the boards
Old 03-03-2009, 05:34 PM
TurboTim
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 35Z
Tim:

Good to hear you finally got your modified Z work out so you can drive it again on the street without incurring the wrath of the CHP!! So when are you going to complete the SFR twin turbo kit for the 370Z- hint, hint!!!

As soon as I get my 370Z
Old 03-03-2009, 08:30 PM
wannabuy350z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TurboTim
There are ways to get around anything.You have to be persistent.Five times in court over six months to get through this mess.The fine was $650
you can also say that your vehicle is not in operating condition and that you dont have funds to fix it, and the fine is much much lower.
Old 11-17-2009, 04:20 PM
G35cTT

That's great news Tim at least you get to keep the twins w/o fear of driving your car. Gonna have to come down to the shop I see you have a new dyno on your web site, last time I was down there you didn't have that. I guess I'll try staying away from those areas mentioned in the post. Maybe need an 1199 plate heard they cut you some slack.

http://cgi.ebay.com/11-99-CHP-Founda...item3a54b43df3

So you think a built TT would be able to pass the smog sniffer end when tuned properly?
Old 11-17-2009, 04:29 PM
warmmilk

I told him my car is tuned so well I will pass the emissions test on the rolling dyno and then I ask him then why dont you pull over that Ford F-350 that drove by with huge 5" exhaust that is billowing out as much black smoke as a locomotive? Well thats smog exempt is what he replied.
i know i'm about 7 years late to the party, but you should get a diesel truck and tune it to shoot enough smoke to block out the sun and pull up to the cop and rev you engine and play your tape recorder of him saying "Well thats smog exempt"
Old 11-17-2009, 08:40 PM
Goo$e
Banned

Was very interesting/fun post to read.

Our government is so retarded. We can let 40 billion diesel spewing smoke mongrels on the road that are actually causing global warming
global warming...what a hoax.

Last edited by Goo$e; 11-20-2009 at 08:34 AM.

Quick Reply: The cops got me,really good!!!!!