Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

The cops got me,really good!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 10:48 AM
IslandZavage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by infinite
I bet these cops have modded cars, they get away with it because they're cops. This is why there's corruption
. Cops are subject to the laws like everyone else. Now, wether or not they use discreation is up to them. I've seen a cop pull over a drunk guy and just call him a taxi instead of taking him to jail, i seen a cop find weed on someone and just throw it down a sewer drain and told the kid to leave the area. I also know a cop who was pulled over by another cop and got a speeding ticket! I had more than my share of good/bad experinces with cops, but im not dumb enough to blame one for what another did!!!

Have u cali guys ever thought of registering ur cars in other states?
Old 09-07-2008, 10:50 AM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JThrasher619
they need probable cause, i think you can refuse to open it.

i have a integra and i get pulled over all the time for nothing. its usually the same cops. i was hoping that getting a z would have got me out of that category with the cops.

i just need to move.

From what I've seen they don't need "probable cause" in the same sense as something more serious, such as transporting narcotics or weapons. All they need is to have the assumption that your car is modified, and they can ask you. Their assumption is probable enough....no need for a cause. Just what I've experienced.

In certain areas of San Diego, if you're in a Z or something a tad more premium they'll ignore you. If it's loud and looks like a HS kid drives it? You can get pulled over for whatever reason. I'm guessing in your area (Chula Vista), if it looks fast and modded it's going to get pulled over regardless. I remember cops down there laying it down since theres so many of them.
Old 09-07-2008, 11:01 AM
DaytonaRoadster
Banned

Peoples Republik of Kaliforna FTL
Old 09-07-2008, 01:26 PM
FrickU

I have been pulled over tons of times when I had my G and my evo. The G even when it was stock, and same for the evo.

You CAN refuse to open your hood for the cops, but then they will say "Ok, well since you are refusing you can have the State ref check it out". And then you are stuck with a ref ticket. I have received one that way.

My suggestions would be if you have a FI'd car, paint the intercooler black, or anodize it. Get some high flow cats and put away those test pipes. You aren't losing that much power anyways, and any stickers on the car whether it is a Greddy, Volk, or even shop stick or banner...Take it off. It is an instant red flag.

And paint your Carbon Fiber Body products if they are hoods or trunks. Cops love that stuff. This is all my opinion from my experiences.

Last edited by FrickU; 09-07-2008 at 01:28 PM.
Old 09-07-2008, 02:05 PM
wannabuy350z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dont go to el cajon with a modded car, SAN DIEGO folks. my buddy just yesterday was driving down there to get something to eat and got pulled over. no reason, and then he told him to hold on, the cop called Drag Net (undercover cops that know a lot about mods)

he has an Evo, and was asking why and what, but my friend got away with it, being a stock evo look with 500hp.
Old 09-07-2008, 04:16 PM
FrickU

Originally Posted by wannabuy350z
dont go to el cajon with a modded car, SAN DIEGO folks. my buddy just yesterday was driving down there to get something to eat and got pulled over. no reason, and then he told him to hold on, the cop called Drag Net (undercover cops that know a lot about mods)

he has an Evo, and was asking why and what, but my friend got away with it, being a stock evo look with 500hp.
Yes, El Cajon, Santee, and Chula Vista are hot spots for dick cops. Can't believe they brought Drag Net back.
Old 09-07-2008, 06:01 PM
JThrasher619

i'm thinking texas mabie after im out of college
Old 09-07-2008, 08:31 PM
K20Z350

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Most likely a repost but at least this didn't happen to you. Is this a member on here?

http://www.wsoctv.com/vj/15357798/detail.html
Old 09-07-2008, 10:09 PM
terrycs

Originally Posted by infinite
since when do cops take mechanic/smog inspection classes?
I know a few that were specifically trained to look for illegal bolt on mods. They are usually around industrial parks and other areas known for street racing.

The rest just act based on how the driver behaves. Kiss azz and you may be off the hook. Act like d!ck and you get the ticket for for illegal mods whether or not you have them ... it's really the driver has to sweat the details and take time out to get their cars cleared.
Old 09-08-2008, 03:17 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by K20Z350
Most likely a repost but at least this didn't happen to you. Is this a member on here?

http://www.wsoctv.com/vj/15357798/detail.html
IMO this will be challenged in court. I have never seen anything but american made cars used for police in PA and doubt I would pull over if a Z with flashing lights tried to stop me. I can see some soccer mom in a hurry to pick her kid up not stopping and getting tazered because she thinks its some predator. PA is one of the most repressive, backward azz hillbilly states in the country, but they haven't started taking peoples cars yet.....YET!
Old 09-08-2008, 03:59 PM
35Z

Default California Mods

Tim:

Is this situation with the law second guessing you to rethink selling your turbo kits elsewhere i the US (other than perhaps in California)?

How is the twin turbo kit for the 370G shaping up?
Old 09-08-2008, 04:17 PM
FrickU

Originally Posted by terrycs
The rest just act based on how the driver behaves. Kiss azz and you may be off the hook. Act like d!ck and you get the ticket for for illegal mods whether or not you have them ... it's really the driver has to sweat the details and take time out to get their cars cleared.
Unfortunately this is not true anymore, They will pull you over for any reason they can possibly have. Or pull you over for no reason at all hoping to find a reason to give you a ref ticket.

They will throw you a ticket if you have any type of modified exhaust now.... By law you cannot modify the exhaust whatsoever. You can only modify it after the last o2 sensor.

So pretty much a can of flat back spray paint does wonders. And don't drive like a jackass.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:24 PM
track1z

Default I think its easier to get out of that ticket then a ref

Originally Posted by xDIEGOx
I've read that some people in CA do that and register their car out of state. (I think Nitrouz had Nevada plates when he lived in CA?) But what happens if you have a CA drivers license with out of state plates and a cop pulls your over, then what? I would assume the LEO would ask why do you have a CA drivers license and out of state plates? What would you say? What if the same LEO pulls you over multiple times?

Can someone shed some light on this please?

What do you think>?
Old 09-08-2008, 05:36 PM
TurboTim
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 35Z
Tim:

Is this situation with the law second guessing you to rethink selling your turbo kits elsewhere i the US (other than perhaps in California)?

How is the twin turbo kit for the 370G shaping up?

Most of our business comes from out of state or out of the country so it is not too big of a deal. Mainly, I am just pisssed. I like to drive my car. It is easy enough to sell it and get somethng else but it is a bummer.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:36 PM
track1z

Default ??????????????

Originally Posted by cheatthe1
yeah, orlando is great, people runs red lights and do 70 in a 55 next to cops without response. Guess they have just kinda given up for the most part from so many people...
Maybe on I-4 but anywhere else your fcked in the speed traps.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:45 PM
TurboTim
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by FrickU
Yes, El Cajon, Santee, and Chula Vista are hot spots for dick cops. Can't believe they brought Drag Net back.

They got me in El Cajon and then Santee.I was thinking of turning the car back to stock as far as mods go and then just drive all over Santee and El cajon in hopes of getting pulled over numerous times only to find, I am in compliance!!!!! And as soon as it blows over put my turbos back on
Old 09-08-2008, 05:58 PM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^ Don't you guys only drive pick-up trucks out there??

Hah i'm just kiddin.

Santee does make me feel like I'm in another state though.
Old 09-08-2008, 06:07 PM
redmike_02

Man California sucks

sorry to hear that.
Old 11-20-2008, 09:00 PM
serturbo1

any resoultion to this.. sorry to revive this thread but i'm wondering what happened?!
Old 11-20-2008, 10:57 PM
Marshallp

try driving past two road safety units ( RCMP ) on the highway here on vancouver island in my Mkv Gti Apr stage 3 going 260km/h in a 80kmh zone past a gas station they are both parked at chatting. man did that really wreck my year. ps thats 162.5 mph haha

Quick Reply: The cops got me,really good!!!!!