Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

The cops got me,really good!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 07:32 PM
boostedmaxima

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bb1314
Wow.. I'd hate to live in CA hearing all these stories. It's such a corrupted state.
See sig, that explains it all.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:12 AM
wannabuy350z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^moving to Florida pops in my head quite offen!
Old 11-28-2008, 08:26 PM
WSchli1672

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by wannabuy350z
^moving to Florida pops in my head quite offen!
Exactly!!! Soon as I can, I'll be in the Florida "Panhandle" like "Niceville", so I can run Fort Walton Beach, Pensacola, etc. Here, I have the State Carb Legal Vortech S/C. When I leave I'll trade it in for a APS TT Extreme and built motor. That's the plan, but getting out of here is like ....... I visited Florida last year and it was really nice, a little rainy and warm, but it was a nice place, and good roads for cruising. And not worry about restrictions, which is the bomb...
Old 11-28-2008, 08:35 PM
WSchli1672

Cool

Originally Posted by DanielW
jealousy is deffinitely a problem with the pigs errrrr i mean cops
And why would that be? Don't quite understand what you mean as to jealousy being a problem with the police. And pigs are farm animals. Police are protectors of law. The word "deffinitely" is correctly spelled "definitely" also. Still though, I don't understand where jealousy comes in, as to your example, if you could explain it, or give an example. Thanks.

Last edited by WSchli1672; 11-28-2008 at 08:39 PM.
Old 11-29-2008, 05:43 AM
MMC Racing

Originally Posted by WSchli1672
And why would that be? Don't quite understand what you mean as to jealousy being a problem with the police. And pigs are farm animals. Police are protectors of law. The word "deffinitely" is correctly spelled "definitely" also. Still though, I don't understand where jealousy comes in, as to your example, if you could explain it, or give an example. Thanks.
Why would cops be immune to human jealousy? Why do cops pick out the sports car going 80 in a 65 when running a pack of 4 door family cars and SUV's?
Old 11-30-2008, 06:19 PM
WSchli1672

Originally Posted by MMC Racing
Why would cops be immune to human jealousy? Why do cops pick out the sports car going 80 in a 65 when running a pack of 4 door family cars and SUV's?
Actually, nobody is immune to jealously. But speeding is speeding, I also am guilty of it. Jealously doesn't get the ticket. Only the guilty person would think that, as to being caught speeding. I see cars and trucks getting tickets all the time on Hwy 101, and they aren't sports cars. That can't be jealousy as I see it, just plain speeding. I would suggest using a "good" radar detector, laser shifter, watch out carefully with their eyes using the mirrors front and rear, listen to the truckers (channel 19) mostly, have a police scanner on, or just drive the speed limit. All of the above would be ideas.

Last edited by WSchli1672; 12-02-2008 at 05:46 PM.
Old 11-30-2008, 06:24 PM
jammin

Originally Posted by HDPDZO6
Why are you jealous of the police?
cuz they gots da powa yo lolz
can pull people ova foe fung and shiet like that, at least if i was a cop i may, if i saw someone i didnt like lolol
Old 11-30-2008, 06:54 PM
serturbo1

so any actual update of the OP's current situation with his car? just wondering
Old 12-01-2008, 10:30 AM
TurboTim
Vendor - Former Vendor

Havent bee driving it too much.I will be going back to court in January.I talked with some clients who are in the CHP and they said that it would be very difficult to impound the car and crush it even if I get caught again.

Tim
Old 12-01-2008, 08:15 PM
zettahertz

ugh, CARB FTL!!
Old 12-01-2008, 09:09 PM
go-fast
Banned

Originally Posted by TurboTim
Havent bee driving it too much.I will be going back to court in January.I talked with some clients who are in the CHP and they said that it would be very difficult to impound the car and crush it even if I get caught again.

Tim
i've been thinking about your situation and think you might be playing this all wrong,convert to ethanol and rally the eco crowd(those guy's love a cause). flip the script on them and become the "clean car" as opposed to the gross polluter they assume you are,you might have a fair fight on your hands.it is california right?they must have some sort of experimental exemption.
Old 12-02-2008, 05:50 PM
WSchli1672

Cool

Tim
If worse comes to worse, you could always visit GT Motorsports to have it made legal, see "Sam". Don't know what you need done to your car, or what the cost would be, but he could definitely take care of it. His shop is in the business of cars, power, etc. Just another idea to save your car. After you are cleared, well that's up to you on what you do with it, if you get my drift.
But better to be safe then sorry.

W-
Old 12-02-2008, 06:16 PM
TurboTim
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by go-fast
i've been thinking about your situation and think you might be playing this all wrong,convert to ethanol and rally the eco crowd(those guy's love a cause). flip the script on them and become the "clean car" as opposed to the gross polluter they assume you are,you might have a fair fight on your hands.it is california right?they must have some sort of experimental exemption.

No expemtion for E85.

Tim
Old 12-02-2008, 06:17 PM
TurboTim
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by WSchli1672
If worse comes to worse, you could always visit GT Motorsports to have it made legal, see "Sam". Don't know what you need done to your car, or what the cost would be, but he could definitely take care of it. His shop is in the business of cars, power, etc. Just another idea to save your car. After you are cleared, well that's up to you on what you do with it, if you get my drift.
But better to be safe then sorry.

W-

LOL. Are you serious? There is nothing Sam and the crew at GTM can do to help.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:08 PM
go-fast
Banned

No expemtion for E85.

Tim
there must be an angle you can play,i would explore the vehicles in your area that are successfully exempt and emulate their formula.not only could it help with your current situation,but you may be able to roll it into a new vein of your business.people are hungry for alternative propulsion and it doesn't have to be boring *** solar cars.creative people with skills like ours are going to be in high demand in the near future and you might as well ride the wave.don't be late to the party.
Old 02-25-2009, 03:56 PM
woody03

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

thats why im leavin this damn state....
Old 02-25-2009, 06:57 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by woody03
thats why im leavin this damn state....
NO !!! You are leaving because Cali is crashing and about to tax the ^%$# out of the people that stay.
Old 02-25-2009, 07:27 PM
lbz

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

$$ and votes.

I think most politicians assume that the average tuner enthusiast doesnt vote. So they don't consider the impact on those people when they pass laws.

What they do understand is CHP coming to them and saying that (typically) younger male drivers with disposable cash are tuning up their cars, driving recklessly and endangering others which causes govt costs to go up.

"Getting tough" is a great way to appeal to older people who typically vote much more than the average younger tuner.

The folks who sell tuner parts probably don't feel a lobbyist is worth the money (and hookers) they would have to spread around to try and get politicians to ease up on the laws. They can still sell their products.

My thought is that rather than crushing impounded cars, they really ought to sell them back to the public at auction. Just put the VIN in the DMV database as a vehicle that can't be issued tags. That way, they can only legally be used on the track. Another way to add to the income possibility would be to fine the ex-owner for the costs of the auction including transportation and storage.

If someone buys the car just to part it out, well, that's out of their control, the govt would still get the money and maybe just maybe "recycle" the performance parts for more income if someone else gets busted with them.
Old 02-25-2009, 07:42 PM
punish_her

The realy messd up thing is the deisel spews ALOT more sulfurdioxide which is a more powerful green house gas. ALOT of mods to them are CARB exempt. So they spew more crap.

So you say E85 is greener. WRONG!!! The amount of deisel used in the planting and harvesting of the corn is massive. The use of pumps for irrigation in more arrid regions is a huge source of crap. The chemicals sprayed on the corn to either assist in growth or killing of bugs leaches into ground water. You have the shipping of corn to the distilleries and then transportation to the processing plant, yep thats more deisel spew on both counts.

I did a huge study on the polluting effects of the use of ethanol as a source of alternative fuel.

Hell I like being in the military, I can be stationed in cali and mod all I want as long I have it registered out of state I can give a big ole middle finger to the carb system. I have 3 friends that got ref tickets and went to court to dispute it. Their vehicles were registered in Tx and FL. It walls under the same statute as some one passing threw. They cant get stopped.
Old 02-25-2009, 07:44 PM
OCMan

oh boy...the fun and pain of fi

Quick Reply: The cops got me,really good!!!!!