Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

The cops got me,really good!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 09:47 PM
JonnyC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by surfcity40
Nothing to do with the constitution. Has to do with pollution. Back east the guidos wear gold chains over black turtle necks....and we don't try and intervene in your politics..
Well up here, we wear cheeseheads.

Not trying to butt in - just thought you would be against having your car crushed is all.
Old 08-29-2008, 09:58 PM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

easy answer to this thread --- MOVE...

god and my wife know, i would if that ever happened "around these parts"....lol..

ya'll............lol

-j
Old 08-29-2008, 10:25 PM
RED RIDER

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sorry I own three smoke billowing diesels and the whole global warming thing is ********T with a capitol B.
My twinned Z passed emissions today..
California? you can keep that homosexual, liberal **** state!

You need to vote the assclowns in office out.... period..

This is why we CANNOT allow obama in office..give a liberal an inch..and he will take a mile...hell if algore would've gotten the presidency, we would be riding around in covered wagons...oh wait..horseshit puts off emissions as well I forgot..

there's just something seriously wrong with liberals..musta been all the hallucinagenics thier lsd and weed smoking, bra burning moms took in the 60's...
Old 08-30-2008, 12:09 AM
cheatthe1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow, this went sour quick. Back on point, i guess to play the safe route you have to go FI with carb approval, move, or go with a more stock option.

Just curious, how "modded" is your exterior. Sleeper stealthy looks are very much a good idea. I have gotten more crap from cops doing nothing wrong with my car stock then i have since i added what i have into it since you cant tell outside the car....
Old 08-30-2008, 12:11 AM
cheatthe1

dont wanna hijack, but where is the damn edit key? i have been drinking and wouldnt mind editting this post above. Used to be conveniently next to the quote key?
Old 08-30-2008, 12:11 AM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sorry to hear, but not surprised being in CA with a turbo

sounds like you took the gamble with a turbo in CA and lost
but man is CA polluted. Can't blame the state for doing everything in their power to not have everyone die of lung cancer
Don't big trucks have extra taxes that you pay now in CA?

it's a damn shame to crush cars though that can be sold and have that money feed the poor...

Last edited by sentry65; 08-30-2008 at 12:18 AM.
Old 08-30-2008, 12:20 AM
A.H

I feel your pain. I hate cops so much its ridiculous. Just casue i drive a moddifed car i get tickets liek 2 times a month at least. And my freind got pulled over in an audi a4 unmodded at 100mph on a 40 and he was let go....
honesty wtf
Old 08-30-2008, 12:58 AM
infinite

I hate the laws against modded cars in this state, you should be able to register your tuned car as emissions compliant by a smog referee the way it's done with exhaust noise violations. Prove your car smog legal, get a Smog Ref sticker on all your mods, and a certicate of CARB compliance.

Then you'd be able to avoid tickets.
Old 08-30-2008, 02:05 AM
weak 350z

Originally Posted by RED RIDER
:

This coming from a guy that lives is a city full of homos.

Tim...hope you get every thing worked out.
Old 08-30-2008, 02:11 AM
xDIEGOx

Originally Posted by rcdash
Ridiculous. There's got to be a way around it... Register it out of state?
I've read that some people in CA do that and register their car out of state. (I think Nitrouz had Nevada plates when he lived in CA?) But what happens if you have a CA drivers license with out of state plates and a cop pulls your over, then what? I would assume the LEO would ask why do you have a CA drivers license and out of state plates? What would you say? What if the same LEO pulls you over multiple times?

Can someone shed some light on this please?
Old 08-30-2008, 02:15 AM
civic4982

Thank goodness I live in Texas. I could probably put a submarine nuclear reactor inside my car as an engine and they wouldn't ask for anything but a higher registration fee.

The fact that Schwarzenegger is so desperate on his budget that he's taxing the people in the way of tickets and violations is reprehensible in my opinion. If he can't get his programs through without screwing the people then it's up to him to choose which programs are most necessary and which ones need to be trimmed down.

At the end of the day he's not much better than Davis.
Old 08-30-2008, 02:16 AM
xDIEGOx

Another question...

Would it still be street legal if you have a built motor and a Vortec S/C? Or is it only street legal if you have the Vortech on a stock block?

Old 08-30-2008, 02:40 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I have never seen a "ref" citation. Don't know what it means. Please scan and post.
Old 08-30-2008, 02:55 AM
infinite

Originally Posted by civic4982
Thank goodness I live in Texas. I could probably put a submarine nuclear reactor inside my car as an engine and they wouldn't ask for anything but a higher registration fee.

The fact that Schwarzenegger is so desperate on his budget that he's taxing the people in the way of tickets and violations is reprehensible in my opinion. If he can't get his programs through without screwing the people then it's up to him to choose which programs are most necessary and which ones need to be trimmed down.

At the end of the day he's not much better than Davis.
Actually the state has been doing this even before Davis.
Old 08-30-2008, 06:08 AM
turismo

What if you owe money on your vehicle? How can they crush it?
Old 08-30-2008, 06:44 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by wannabuy350z
I am in the same boat as Tim, as I got a ref ticket a couple of weeks ago. but the cop didnt know **** "looks like you have a modified intake"

Damn California!

We need to figure something out...
First off I think you all in Cali with FI should paint all pipes under hood black. Hollow out the stock air filter box put it back in place. For exhaust....electronic bypass....for cats, hollow them out also. Tim is a smart guy, he could make a FI car look stock. Oh yeah... painting the intercooler BLACK is a must !!!
Old 08-30-2008, 06:50 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by JonnyC
Start lobbying I guess. Hell, it seems like there's enough car enthusiasts out there that you could get something rolling.

This does really suck though. I'm lucky enough to not even have to go through emissions testing (in one of the most liberal cities in the nation), so I can pretty much do whatever I want. But I totally feel for you CA people. I still don't understand how they can Constitutionally crush your car.
My understanding was that they would only crush your car if you were cought street racing
Old 08-30-2008, 07:05 AM
JET MECH

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

a while back when i got my last tune at GTM i got pulled over on my way back to vegas by CHP. i was going 5mph over the posted speed limit,i know he pulled me over due to the way my car looked. there were other people on the freeway blowing past me and i was the one he decided to pull over. he looked over my car and commented that the car was modded and was not legal to operate in the state of CA and if he was being a bigger ***** that day he would throw it on a flat bed and have it towed back to the nevada state line. i think he was talking out his ***!!!! is this true that even if you are from out of state the vehicle must comply with CA laws just to drive it through the state of CA. I THINK NOT!!! but i was not going to argue with him at this point.
Old 08-30-2008, 07:11 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by xDIEGOx
I've read that some people in CA do that and register their car out of state. (I think Nitrouz had Nevada plates when he lived in CA?) But what happens if you have a CA drivers license with out of state plates and a cop pulls your over, then what? I would assume the LEO would ask why do you have a CA drivers license and out of state plates? What would you say? What if the same LEO pulls you over multiple times?

Can someone shed some light on this please?

2 ways to do it. 1)If you have out of state plates...you must have the drivers license to match...OR... 2) If you have to have a Cali license, then the car CANNOT be registered in your name. A cop cannot tell you that you are not allowed to drive someone elses car.

If you pick #1 and you get pulled over....they will ask how long have you been living in Cali...the answers is "I live here PARTIME"...PERIOD !!!

They cannot tell you which state to pick!

I live in AZ & TX with FL plates...Even when I lived in Santa Rosa Cali...I had FL plates. I am not reading this out of a book...I am living it.
Old 08-30-2008, 07:15 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by RED RIDER
You need to vote the assclowns in office out.... period..

This is why we CANNOT allow obama in office..give a liberal an inch..and he will take a mile...hell if algore would've gotten the presidency, we would be riding around in covered wagons...oh wait..horseshit puts off emissions as well I forgot..

there's just something seriously wrong with liberals..musta been all the hallucinagenics thier lsd and weed smoking, bra burning moms took in the 60's...

Quick Reply: The cops got me,really good!!!!!