Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

The cops got me,really good!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 07:21 AM
Mazinger Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sucks!
Old 08-30-2008, 07:24 AM
QuadCam

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Tim,

It is time that you go old school. Buy a sweet 60s or 70s muscle car and have at it. They can't do anything to you because those cars are pre-C.A.RB. days.
Old 08-30-2008, 07:28 AM
XKR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JET MECH
a while back when i got my last tune at GTM i got pulled over on my way back to vegas by CHP. i was going 5mph over the posted speed limit,i know he pulled me over due to the way my car looked. there were other people on the freeway blowing past me and i was the one he decided to pull over. he looked over my car and commented that the car was modded and was not legal to operate in the state of CA and if he was being a bigger ***** that day he would throw it on a flat bed and have it towed back to the nevada state line. i think he was talking out his ***!!!! is this true that even if you are from out of state the vehicle must comply with CA laws just to drive it through the state of CA. I THINK NOT!!! but i was not going to argue with him at this point.

I got pulled over in Texas once for 7 miles over on the 45 North for those who live in the Houston area. He wanted to be an azz....I got a ticket for speeding and also for having my window tint too dark. I told him "as you can see I have FL plates and Fl license..I am complying with FL law"...he said "its not legal in TX"....and I said "see you in court"

Even the judge made him look like an azz asking him did he not see that I am from another state...my lawyer got her to throw out the speeding ticket for my troubles.
Old 08-30-2008, 07:44 AM
deanfootlong

hmm, "sell" the car to another owner (relative). my friend did this. he got a ref ticket, "sold the car to his mom" then bought it back and re-registered it under his name again. then finally smogged it regularly and didnt have anything to do with the ref ticket.
then possibly a stealth looking exterior, with built motor vortech set up. so if they ask you to pop the hood, show them the E.O. carb exemption number on the blower.

im right at the point with my vortech that i want more power(have a built block in my garage) but am not sure if i should scrap the vortech and go TT, but i do NOT want to put up with this ****. i already got a smog ticket when i owned my 1g and 2g DSM's. sucks ***** dude.

tim, i hope you figure it out.
Old 08-30-2008, 07:52 AM
wannabuy350z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

is there any way I can take a stock Z to a ref? as if it was mine? do they look at vin #'s?

I do that for smog every two years.

your car tim looks stock to be honest except wheels and carbon on the outside.

I am thinking I should put hood pins and if they ask to pop the hood I would say I forgot the set of keys at the shop!!!!!!

Last edited by wannabuy350z; 08-30-2008 at 07:55 AM.
Old 08-30-2008, 07:57 AM
johnnyblaze

It never ceases to amaze me with California laws. I use to drive a 98 F-150 and a 2001 Lightning before my Z. I never ever had catalytic converters on either truck and with the Lightning I ran complete straight pipes with my Johnny Lightning Performance exhaust (which if you've heard it its insanely loud). I never even got a speeding ticket in my lightning and it was faster and louder than my Z, and I always drove it like I stole it. The one time i got pulled over on the Freeway doing 95+ in my lightning and the cop let me go and didnt even give a 2nd look at my truck. In my Z however its a different story... I can literally guarantee to be hassled once every 3 months. Someone had posted something in the Southern California Regional forum about them suspending the Referee until further notice. But whos to say they wont just fine you over and over.
Old 08-30-2008, 08:08 AM
johnnyblaze

Originally Posted by wannabuy350z
is there any way I can take a stock Z to a ref? as if it was mine? do they look at vin #'s?

I do that for smog every two years.

your car tim looks stock to be honest except wheels and carbon on the outside.

I am thinking I should put hood pins and if they ask to pop the hood I would say I forgot the set of keys at the shop!!!!!!
They look at VIN # and they give you two choices on the hood pop answer.

1. Go get the keys
2. They can AND WILL pop it for you (forcefully)
Old 08-30-2008, 08:52 AM
DanielW
Banned

maybe they were looking for some bribes?
Old 08-30-2008, 09:19 AM
go-fast
Banned

if you have already made "friends" with local police there is not much you can do,the balance of power is corrupted and they will crush you if they choose.if you have several run in's with the same leo you can go downtown and complain about harrassement,but he has the option of pointing you out to other officers.basically either way you lose....lay low,let him find a new punching bag.
Old 08-30-2008, 09:22 AM
TurboTim
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by turismo
You shoulda offered to put twin 67's on his patrol car

I did.they were like,we dont roll that way.Iwas likeyou need to to keep up with some of these car or they wil leave your cars and your bikes in the dust
Old 08-30-2008, 09:56 AM
AroundMyHorn

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RED RIDER
Sorry I own three smoke billowing diesels and the whole global warming thing is ********T with a capitol B.
My twinned Z passed emissions today..
California? you can keep that homosexual, liberal **** state!

You need to vote the assclowns in office out.... period..

This is why we CANNOT allow obama in office..give a liberal an inch..and he will take a mile...hell if algore would've gotten the presidency, we would be riding around in covered wagons...oh wait..horseshit puts off emissions as well I forgot..

there's just something seriously wrong with liberals..musta been all the hallucinagenics thier lsd and weed smoking, bra burning moms took in the 60's...

troof
Old 08-30-2008, 10:02 AM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris @ Migliore
damn. east coast is where its at tho.........you will never have that issue in SC
+1

I'm in Columbia Cheap housing, no earthquakes, low taxes, low gas prices, no CARB BS...

CA is the state of fail.
Old 08-30-2008, 10:17 AM
cheatthe1

yeah, orlando is great, people runs red lights and do 70 in a 55 next to cops without response. Guess they have just kinda given up for the most part from so many people...
Old 08-30-2008, 10:58 AM
frankie945

I'm glad I live in Southern Indiana the cops around here think a FMIC is a radiator we do not even have to get our cars tested anymore. Anything goes as long as you can find a shop that will do it...
Old 08-30-2008, 11:42 AM
XKR

FLORIDA ...FI friendlyest state....plus only one license play
Old 08-30-2008, 12:03 PM
QuadCam

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

isn't it ironic how southern CA was the birthplace of hot rodding? sad to see how far CA has fallen.
Old 08-30-2008, 12:24 PM
xDIEGOx

Originally Posted by XKR
If you pick #1 and you get pulled over....they will ask how long have you been living in Cali...the answers is "I live here PARTIME"...PERIOD !!!

They cannot tell you which state to pick!
Great idea

What about insurance? Do you have to use the out of state address?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just clueless on all of this. It sucks that people have to go through all of this trouble just to mod their cars.
Old 08-30-2008, 12:31 PM
Blk03G35

Originally Posted by Skorch
Move next door to AZ. No retarded **** laws here.

X10. Tempe cop told me that he loved the way my camaro's exhaust smelled without cats.... "Like a 60's muscle car"
Old 08-30-2008, 12:51 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

One of the main reasons I am so happy not to live in the PRC. Get out while you can!
Old 08-30-2008, 01:43 PM
RedlineZdude

Dang tim i remember you telling me about the sting opperations no more thatn 2 weeks ago at the shop... chit man this sucks to hear i love that car... Let me know if you tryin to let that intercooler go!!! gl man.

Quick Reply: The cops got me,really good!!!!!