Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Anybody know where Powerlab is???

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 06:50 PM
Speqz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

tru...ill have access to a lift tomorrow will post them up....what do you make of the screeching noise?
Old 11-14-2008, 06:52 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The timing of this thread sure is conspicuous given the thread that was just locked involving SnyperZ. And of course, he has post #2 here. LOL

It is especially suspicious since the two of you posted about downpipe rubbing issues on one of your prior threads on 9-25-08 in posts #14 and 15.

https://my350z.com/forum/forced-indu...-powerlab.html

So why are you finally posting about it today? Hmmm
Old 11-14-2008, 06:54 PM
SlideFox

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Speqz
tru...ill have access to a lift tomorrow will post them up....what do you make of the screeching noise?
That's the best thing... Close up pics will help, but be sure to take pics with the car on the ground.

Screeching noise? Obviously without hearing the car in person I can only assume, but can you describe the noise, and when it happens?

There are plenty of people on the forums willing to help out.... you just have to ask.

How long have you had the kit for? PF Install?
Old 11-14-2008, 06:57 PM
Speqz

wow... you can do your research..ugh..are you implying that I am teaming up with SnyperZ in taking down powerlab's as a company? lol, now I remember why I have a low post count, people attack too much on this forum.

I am simply posting about an issue with my downpipe and a loud embarrasing screeching noise coming from my turbo kit.

I posted the previous thread on 9-25-08 because of the lack on communication by Powerlabs while I was having questions about my car. To be honest I got fed up with calling and havnt really pushed the issue since then but now im just annoyed and am looking to solutions. I figured I can come onto here and speak to fellow enthusiats who might be willing t help me make my car more enjoyable. Maybe im wrong .
Old 11-14-2008, 07:00 PM
SnyperZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
The timing of this thread sure is conspicuous given the thread that was just locked involving SnyperZ

I KNEW you'd say that. Lets please not get off topic like we always do and turn this into a sh*t fest. Please keep your useless comments out of this thread and lets see if maybe we can come up with a solution with people who actually own a running car with this kit.
Old 11-14-2008, 07:02 PM
Speqz

Originally Posted by SlideFox
That's the best thing... Close up pics will help, but be sure to take pics with the car on the ground.

Screeching noise? Obviously without hearing the car in person I can only assume, but can you describe the noise, and when it happens?

There are plenty of people on the forums willing to help out.... you just have to ask.

How long have you had the kit for? PF Install?

Ive had the kit nearly 2 and a half months now..Yeah it was installed at PF.

The noise is happens on engine decel only. It sounds like someone is scrapping their finger nails against a black board but with exhaust rasp. If I am stopped and rev the car to say 4000rpms and let off the gas you can hear the noise all teh way down as the rpms fall. You can also hear it when you downshift and slow down, as the rpms fall now more slowly since it is still in gear you can really hear it. This is not a slight noise you can hear it from a distance.
Old 11-14-2008, 07:03 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm implying that something is fishy about the timing of this thread soon after another thread involving carnage on the same issue got locked on the same evening.
Old 11-14-2008, 07:03 PM
SnyperZ

The noise is happens on engine decel only. It sounds like someone is scrapping their finger nails against a black board but with exhaust rasp. If I am stopped and rev the car to say 4000rpms and let off the gas you can hear the noise all teh way down as the rpms fall. You can also hear it when you downshift and slow down, as the rpms fall now more slowly since it is still in gear you can really hear it. This is not a slight noise you can hear it from a distance.
I have the same noise. Ill try and get a video/sound clip of it tomorrow and see if its the same noise...mine is usually louder when the car is cold and seems to dim as the car warms up.
Old 11-14-2008, 07:06 PM
SlideFox

I know PF is moving, but have you tried taking it back to them?
Old 11-14-2008, 07:07 PM
Speqz

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
I'm implying that something is fishy about the timing of this thread soon after another thread involving carnage on the same issue got locked on the same evening.
I check this forum a lot. I am aware of SnyperZs problems, id really like for this thread to be productive and I think you posts are counter productive ... you can refrain from posting if you like...nothing personal

if you look at the previous thread "Anyone know where Powerlabs is" I was trying to seek answers to these questions back then so this is not me reading SnyperZ's thread and thinking I have the same problems.
Old 11-14-2008, 07:16 PM
SlideFox

Jeremy is one of the nicest guys I have ever talked to on the phone (Haven't had the pleasure of meeting him in person), but have you tried calling PF to see if they can help you out since they installed the kit? I would never second guess there craftsmanship, but maybe your issue is a simple fix?
Old 11-14-2008, 07:20 PM
Speqz

Originally Posted by SlideFox
Jeremy is one of the nicest guys I have ever talked to on the phone (Haven't had the pleasure of meeting him in person), but have you tried calling PF to see if they can help you out since they installed the kit? I would never second guess there craftsmanship, but maybe your issue is a simple fix?
JT is awesome man. Ive been back to PF a 3 of times ( 3 hour drive ) trying to get it figured out. The downpipe thing its obvious whats going on with that. I took it to him but it wasnt clear what the noise really was. We left it as thinking it was a rasp in the downpipe area.
Old 11-14-2008, 07:25 PM
SlideFox

JT is awesome man. Ive been back to PF a 3 of times ( 3 hour drive ) trying to get it figured out. The downpipe thing its obvious whats going on with that. I took it to him but it wasnt clear what the noise really was. We left it as thinking it was a rasp in the downpipe area.
Gotcha...
Old 11-14-2008, 08:09 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

I check this forum a lot. I am aware of SnyperZs problems, id really like for this thread to be productive and I think you posts are counter productive ... you can refrain from posting if you like...nothing personal

if you look at the previous thread "Anyone know where Powerlabs is" I was trying to seek answers to these questions back then so this is not me reading SnyperZ's thread and thinking I have the same problems.
well you shouldnt cause you dont have the same DP or issues mark has that he keeps trying to generalize, he has a different kit for his gt37r(for the most part the same but the difference happens to play a part on this issue) and he has done some mods himself.....

The sounds you hear more likely is somethin that shouldnt be rubbing...if you think about, it it makes no sense that z2envy has a seriously lowered car along with jeffie and arent having any of this same issues...foreingsoda is also lowered, the only issue he had was related to the wg but this issue has already been addressed per PL. When i had my car with the stock block i had an issue with my dp before also rubbing with the steering rack before but this was my fault for a lil drif accident i had. that after reworking the install and adding a lil extra heat wrap... it took care of hte issue, i would exhaust that possibility before jumping on to further conclussions...

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 11-14-2008 at 08:12 PM.
Old 11-14-2008, 08:25 PM
jeffie7

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I posted pictures both of these pictures in the other thread, but they were deleted by a mod so the usefulness of that post was just thrown out.

Here they are again.

I have to use those wooden ramps to make it up my driveway since my car is too low and rubs.

I use to hit speed bumps when my car was stock with the invida exhaust, as pointed out in the other thread. I just try to avoid them since thats really the only way to know you're safe.

As far as your noise issue, have you been under the car and checked to see if anything is rubbing anything? maybe a pipe is slightly turned and isn't sitting where it needs to be, things are super tight and have to be placed just right or they'll hit something, I took great care and time installing my piping due to the size to try and make everything fit right the first time.

I'd check the uppipe coming off the crossover pipe and the down pipe, making sure none of the A/C stuff is hitting it or maybe one of the metal A/C lines that should be bent out of the way.

metal A/C line + down pipe could make some weird sounds if the piping is vibrating while the engine is reved.

See the metal line under the blow off valve? without bending it out of the way I think the front part of it hit both the turbo housing and the airfilter piping.

Line has to be moved a good bit to the right.

Another thing might be the Vband clamps, make sure none of the clamps (bolt) is hitting anything, if they tightened them with a wrench it could have pulled it over far enough to hit metal. I made sure I had plenty of room for the bolt to go when it was tightened.

This is the uppipe one, lots of room, however the downpipe Vband clamp has very little room for error and EASILY hits stuff.

Last edited by jeffie7; 11-14-2008 at 08:40 PM.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:29 PM
Vas@Extended
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by SnyperZ
I KNEW you'd say that. Lets please not get off topic like we always do and turn this into a sh*t fest. Please keep your useless comments out of this thread and lets see if maybe we can come up with a solution with people who actually own a running car with this kit.
+111 ^
...jesus
Thers so many intense lovers in this forum .. I wonder if they pay them to fight there problems ... The only honest guy who speaks the truth about the powerlab kit and who actually HELPS is jeffie... the rest are just intense suck ups.

OP - post some pix up

Last edited by Vas@Extended; 11-14-2008 at 09:31 PM.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:48 PM
jeffie7

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Another thing that crossed my mind is the oil line is metal, I zipped tied it around my rad fan out of the way, maybe yours is touching the oil pan and is causing weird sounds when you rev the motor?

get under the car and start looking, it really shouldn't be hard at all to find a spot that's rubbing, if you can't find anything, have someone start the car while you're under it and have them rev it, (make sure its on jack stands!!!!!)
Old 11-15-2008, 03:59 AM
SnyperZ

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
well you shouldnt cause you dont have the same DP or issues mark has that he keeps trying to generalize, he has a different kit for his gt37r(for the most part the same but the difference happens to play a part on this issue) and he has done some mods himself.....

Please stop giving false information. My turbo kit is EXACTLY the same as the 35r kit..minus an intake pipe. The exhaust housing and center section on the turbo is the same..so why on earth would my kit be any different? If this is the case id like to see side by side pictures of the pipes to compare them. And my mods have absolutely nothing to do with it.

Also, why was the thread name changed? This is getting ridiculous.

Last edited by SnyperZ; 11-15-2008 at 04:03 AM.
Old 11-15-2008, 05:15 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Please stop giving false information. My turbo kit is EXACTLY the same as the 35r kit..minus an intake pipe. The exhaust housing and center section on the turbo is the same..so why on earth would my kit be any different? If this is the case id like to see side by side pictures of the pipes to compare them. And my mods have absolutely nothing to do with it.

mark..you need to give up your personal agenda. u had plenty of unrelated issues during your purchase an are just still bitter

Originally Posted by IntenseSales
#2. This GT37R kit is not a production kit yet and was based on the prototype kits from PowerLab, your GT37R turbo is a Hybrid turbo and this was explained to you NUMEROUS times from me, Darren and PowerLab ... Enjoy this Link ---> { http://www.full-race.com/catalog/pro...a962c1075fefe5 } You were told it was a one off kit and fitment is not that of the GT35R kit. You asked for it even against our urging of getting the gt35r kit. YOU INDEED WERE SENT A GT37 AND I AM SURE YOU ARE WELL AWARE OF THIS AT THIS POINT.
Originally Posted by Snyperz
My kit looks just like everyone elses. And to this day im still not 100% sure it is a 37r but theres nothing I can do about it now.
Originally Posted by IntenseSales
I will refer to this link again for you on your turbo SnyperZ http://www.full-race.com/catalog/pro...a962c1075fefe5 ... I addressed all of your issues one by one. You know for a fact I and IntensePower.com and PowerLab helped you for hours and hours on the phone. You can contact me over the phone myself personally at 480-926-8797 , AIM = intensepeter , pm is Intenseaero and of course you always have the back line number.
Your GT37 kit is not the same as the 35R unfortunately looks are deceiving sometimes.

ZthirtyThr33: I know think you are aware of this but very few people are...
i had my car being part of PL for R&D purpuses, i had PL kit and different stages of the PL for development...i started small but the urge got me to wanting a bigger 76mm build so thats where my car is at right now. BUt i have been part of the develpment...my car was probably one of the 1st Zs ever with a proefi
https://my350z.com/forum/forced-indu...tc-vs-off.html
I havent had an official thread or anything cause i dont want it sitting there for months waiting for updates...i wanted it when everything is almost done. So expect a thread in the next few weeks

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 11-15-2008 at 05:28 AM.
Old 11-15-2008, 06:38 AM
SlideFox

Your kit and a GT35R kit have the same DP. The 76S Kit uses 3.5"

Quick Reply: Anybody know where Powerlab is???