Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Japtrix (JapTRICKS) fails

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 11:34 PM
lgear080

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

feel this thread is truly unfortunate. everyone gets to voice their OPINION.
hence, i won't behave innappropriately. Japtrix has done right by me for
over 3 years. fair pricing, reasonable service, and excellent workmanship.
this thread should not hinder others from giving them a shot. I have spent
no where near $10k+ w them, but feel like I am treated very well.
Old 10-04-2008, 06:58 AM
westpak
SFZCC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

we have seen this kind of immature behavior before from other members, where they have no real recourse like going to the BBB or police because they have been wronged illegally but just hurt their feelings, since there is no real foundation for their behavior they go on a forum and blast away without any fear of consequences.

If this is the way he behaves here imagine what the guys at Japtrix were dealing with, the customer is always right but some times it is hard to deal with people that may have irrational requests or behavior.

I have known them for 6 years and have done all my stuff there, the last couple of years more as friends than business allowing me to use their facilities to work on my car, so I have seen it from both sides and even though there may be room for improvement none of what I saw was done with malicious intent, they are the nicest guys and they will be the first to correct things if they feel they were in the wrong, but you have to be mature and have some dialogue to correct things not go off half cocked and write stuff like this thread.
Old 10-04-2008, 07:53 AM
captj3

Jtrain it's time for you to grow up and learn how to deal with people. Phunk's statement hit the nail right on the head you don't know what your talking about. Westpak said it better when it comes to dealing with some people in the high performance buisness. I have been dealing with Japtrix for years and they do all my work for me. They do top notch work that's why 3 yrs and 32k with a TT setup stock block and still haven't blown my engine. Do you even know what your looking at. Now I will tell you and everyone else don't think for one minute that mr.tibbs has such clean hands and is innocent, just because you don't see anything written up on this forum. He has many skeletons in his closet. They protect there vendors very well here. That has been proven over and over again. Some people are just amazing and need to grow up.
Old 10-04-2008, 08:13 AM
chris'smax

Originally Posted by captj3
Jtrain it's time for you to grow up and learn how to deal with people. Phunk's statement hit the nail right on the head you don't know what your talking about. Westpak said it better when it comes to dealing with some people in the high performance buisness. I have been dealing with Japtrix for years and they do all my work for me. They do top notch work that's why 3 yrs and 32k with a TT setup stock block and still haven't blown my engine. Do you even know what your looking at. Now I will tell you and everyone else don't think for one minute that mr.tibbs has such clean hands and is innocent, just because you don't see anything written up on this forum. He has many skeletons in his closet. They protect there vendors very well here. That has been proven over and over again. Some people are just amazing and need to grow up.
"Skeletons in the closet" is a pretty bold phrase to use don't you think? Maybe unhappy customers? If that is what you are getting at then i think every shop has had their share of these
Old 10-04-2008, 08:16 AM
express705

heres some entertainment for you all:

my tune had the SAME TIMING across the board.

roger the owner also accused me of editing my tune.

Old 10-04-2008, 08:28 AM
TheOtherRob

For reference, a friend of mine that owned a Porsche twin turbo, 300zx nearly fully built, and a G35 took all of his cars there and still does to this day. He has the money to take his cars anywhere he wants, but he chooses Japtrix because he claims that they have taken care of him for every project that he needed them for, with great customer service and impeccable work.
Old 10-04-2008, 08:30 AM
TheOtherRob

Originally Posted by silverstripes
For reference, a friend of mine that owned a Porsche twin turbo, 300zx nearly fully built, and a G35 took all of his cars there and still does to this day. He has the money to take his cars anywhere he wants, but he chooses Japtrix because he claims that they have taken care of him for every project that he needed them for, with great customer service and impeccable work.
Edit: In fact, one day they opened up on their day off just for a couple of us to use the dyno. And they didnt rape us on the price to use it either.
Old 10-04-2008, 08:34 AM
westpak
SFZCC

Originally Posted by express705

you keep saying this, what does it mean, some details??? or is it just what you were told and really have no clue??

maybe some printouts of the timing maps would help!!!! or you don't have them and took someones's word for it
Old 10-04-2008, 09:03 AM
IB Systems

This thread is turning into "She said, He said"
Old 10-04-2008, 09:14 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

and people wonder why tuners lock their tunes. just for situations like that!

Originally Posted by express705
heres some entertainment for you all:

roger the owner also accused me of editing my tune.

Old 10-04-2008, 09:29 AM
westpak
SFZCC

Originally Posted by IB Systems
This thread is turning into "She said, He said"
well that is the point, you don't start **** like this and throw dirt on someone without proof, just because he is not happy at not getting something for free doesn't entitle him to trash them. This boiled down to OP expecting a retune for free.
Old 10-04-2008, 09:44 AM
SnyperZ

This is hilarious...just because you guys had great experience with them means this guy MUST be lying correct? Thats just stupid. I know theres places that ive been to where EVERYONE else under the sun had good things to say about them..but for some reason they shafted me on customer service and treated me like a shitty customer after spending ALOT of money....the only difference is I didnt post it up on boards for everyone else to see. Im tired of all the shop nut huggers that stick up for "friends" instead of taking a look at both sides of the story. Obviously he tried to work things out before posting the thread....now im not saying hes right or wrong, but it gets annoying when everyone on a shop bandwagon has to attack people who feel they've been mistreated without knowing the whole story.
Old 10-04-2008, 10:18 AM
ttg35fort
Professional

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SnyperZ
This is hilarious...just because you guys had great experience with them means this guy MUST be lying correct? Thats just stupid. I know theres places that ive been to where EVERYONE else under the sun had good things to say about them..but for some reason they shafted me on customer service and treated me like a shitty customer after spending ALOT of money....the only difference is I didnt post it up on boards for everyone else to see. Im tired of all the shop nut huggers that stick up for "friends" instead of taking a look at both sides of the story. Obviously he tried to work things out before posting the thread....now im not saying hes right or wrong, but it gets annoying when everyone on a shop bandwagon has to attack people who feel they've been mistreated without knowing the whole story.
There have been people both attacking and defending Japtrix, so it is not one sided.

Nonetheless, Jtrain's Dyno results are posted on page 3 of the other thread. After reviewing the dyno chart, Sharif from Forged Performance said:

"Honestly, this dyno chart looks fine man. Nice flat torque curve, and good power."

If Jtrain's A/F is now dipping down to 10.0, something has changed in his tune, or is A/F meter is incorrect. Either way, I don't see how this is Japtrix's, or Jack's, fault.

I do wish Jack would have immediately posted the dyno chart instead of some of the other responses, but hopefully he'll learn from this experience. He really is a very nice guy. I think the personal attack on him probably set him off, as it would a lot of us, especially for those of us who take pride in our work.
Old 10-04-2008, 10:59 AM
captj3

Originally Posted by chris'smax
"Skeletons in the closet" is a pretty bold phrase to use don't you think? Maybe unhappy customers? If that is what you are getting at then i think every shop has had their share of these
No, it's not a bold statement to use IMHO.

Just look at the truth, the dyno on pg3. I won't defend all of Jacks actions, but to unjustly accuse him of doing a bad tune with that dyno I don't see nut hugging going on here. I agree with you 100% about the shop bandwagon BS. But there are very few people that will say what really happened to there cars when problems occur.
Old 10-04-2008, 11:42 AM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nobody called him a liar.

we are simply pointing out that he is over-reacting over something very minor. its a negligable thing really to be causing such a ruckus over.

if thats how far they got with the tune in the time he was billed, then of course he should be billed if they continue on further. if they intentially left it that rich in the midrange because thats where they feel it belongs, then that is their thing... if you dont like it you take it somewhere else, dont tell them how to do their job if the car comes out running well and driving safe and reliable.

basically no matter how you slice it this customers threads seem unjustified. i mean ****... if you come away from a shop after 10+ grand and thats the only complaint you have.... consider yourself fortunate, thats not such a bad way to come out compared to the luck some guys have with shops.
Old 10-04-2008, 11:54 AM
Speqz

thank god i went to PF for my turbo install...crack pipes in response to a customer complaint...man even if the dude is wrong how can you call yourself a professional with a response like that... people like me is what you will be losing everyday when peple do research on your company like i did.

Basically what I see for your business is 4-5 customers in South Florida you have lost not to mention the unlimited amount of others out there.
Old 10-04-2008, 12:27 PM
n3z50

I have been dealing with JapTrix for over 10yrs they have worked on all of my cars, and through the years i have make good friends with both Rogers, Gus & Jack.Now let's be totally clear about this. There is no such thing as perfect shop. I understand Performance factory does good job & in the past i spoke to Jeremy & he sounds like a very nice guy & i appreciate that.

But lets get to the point, from what i understand PFactory only been around for last couple of years. However before them majority Z/G owners all over Florida were all getting there cars performance work done by Jap Trix. Even until these day ask any body in south florida tuner cars community about their total over all experience with the shop & i am pretty sure there will more positive feed backs then negative.. Look i am not taking any sides here but the mortal of the story is Eric is not happy with there service & that's fine cause after all at the end of the day it's his car, his money & he can take his business to anywhere he wants. But it's just sad that on both G35driver thread & here the mode of the topic has changed instead of trying to help Eric solve to this matter, at least to me it seems like everyone having a field day by bashing JapTrix . Once again i don't work for Jap trix but indeed they have worked on all of my cars & i have send many Z/ G owners to them & none had anything bad to say about there service. As me being one of leader of South Florida G35 club my reputation in the G/Z community is very important, & because i know JapTrix does good jobs therefore i have no problem speaking about them & again recommend them to others. Matter of fact my G35 is going there for APS TT in few months. My whole point of this topic is i just hope instead of accusing any shops or person perhaps we can all be neutral about this, instead of trash talking.

Mike (Express) From what i remember ever since you had the Vortech installed in your car you been having problems & you mention then that you were missing few parts that Chuck didn't send you. However the day you had your car on the dyno by Jap Trix you came to my house after wards. But how come you never mentioned that Roger yelled at you over the phone. And you weren't happy with your their tune. If i can recall that day when you were at Jap Trix you were talking to Shariff @ forged over the phone cause he won't give you the code for the U-TECH . And you were saying how even with your banged up blower Jack tried his best to safely tune your car. And now all of the sudden you gonna become anti JapTrix..

Sorry i missed your call yesterday, but we definitely gotta talk.

Last edited by n3z50; 10-04-2008 at 12:33 PM.
Old 10-04-2008, 02:08 PM
Boostinvert
Banned

Originally Posted by Jtrain
All I use the zboards for is to buy stuff. I really don't care for the people on those forums.. as I've made very clear before.

My <3 is for mike (express) though.
taken from G35Driver...... i guess he doesn't care about any of you... and is also pretty gay.... i wonder how many times the Jtrain has ran into the back of the "Express"... or the other way around... whos the female?
Old 10-04-2008, 02:25 PM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

thanks for all the compliments guys.

we all know the place to go in Florida....
Old 10-04-2008, 02:34 PM
XKR

Only registered Nuthuggers are allowed to hugg on this site

OK guys ...Enough with all this "nutthugging"....we get the point...Jtrain is not happy with his car and Japtrix did good by their other customers.

Like someone stated before....not because you did not have a problem with Japtrix means that Jtrain is not telling the truth. He paid his money so he has a right to his opinion....He did try and resolve it with them....he felt he was not treated the right way.

Jtrain......Sharif said that your dyno runs look good....so if there is nothing else wrong with your car...then drop this.....because it not going to be worth the outcome.. If there is more...I am sure Jeremy at PF can fix it....or list it and I am sure one of these members will help you.

Good luck

Originally Posted by Audible Mayhem
thanks for all the compliments guys.

we all know the place to go in Florida....
Disney World

Last edited by XKR; 10-04-2008 at 02:38 PM.

Quick Reply: Japtrix (JapTRICKS) fails