Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

SGP Racing a Scammer?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 08:35 PM
ACI318

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
First, Zmego1985 and ACI318, WTF are you 2 talking about? there are 3 confirmed ripoffs(i can count) in this thread already, besides just the rumors.
I am guessing you both are trying to get the navygolf label out of robert, because there is plenty proof that mark has ripped people off. Maybe you are just saying that cause you are hopeful your car doesn't suffer the same consequence but don't be moronic in the process
I mean would you sent 20k$ to B. Madoof right now? (he isn't proved guilty in court yet)
If you didnt have issues then thats fine, you can go as far as saying your "back then" story, as method did...but also acknowledging, how much things have gone lately, or dismissing customers with real issues here.

and you find it acceptable that he has the time to finish this off while customers are being ripped off and left in the dark as far of communication. pleaseeeeeeeee .
This thread has demostrated SGP has fallen as low as VRT.... take a guess who you remind me off...

so now you are buying into his story that customers are making stuff up?
hes had plenty of time off....he can get a week to grieve for his dad(may he RIP), it still isn't changing anything, and you know that week isn't going to produce a miracle (ask Marshall).
And who are this other people? mark's left&right huevos?

so you haven't talked to mark in a month but yet you just said that you have talked to "somebody" to claim something "deeper" is going on with customers too? How is that credible to you? are they sgp employees? mark himself?

see, you have already made it abundantly clear you are just simply going to ignore/dismiss/believe what customers have said here and the FACTS they presented, and take into consideration Marks excuses... BECAUSE YOU DON'T GIVE A DAMM , your car is already done, thats why you come into this thread making smart *** AT comments or why you make stupid comments on greddy kit vs rome....
QUestion: Would you leave your car at SGP for any major work done this days now?
(dont bs with "they are too busy right now")....Do so, so you can see and we can read the sucess of proving you SGP=VRT on page 100.
Nope I have seen the evidence, and I am just trying to tell the GTR owner to wake up and go get his car. I am also pushing for some of the people on here who have gotten ripped off to post invoices, checks, canceled checks, nsf checks, ect... so people who have their cars their want end up with nothing. Look at boostedtrack, not only is he out 10k+ but now he does not even have what he started with. His car set there till the parts he came in the door with are gone. Now he is missing 10k+, a Utec, injectors, and god only knows what else. I think he should post his proof so people will say "i gotta go get my car before I have to sell an organ to fix it."
Old 03-10-2009, 08:42 PM
ACI318

Originally Posted by gotparts?
and here we go again with you not knowing what you are even talking about. the owner of that car took it out of there due to sgp not replacing there motor that was blown due to improper tuning. the guy replaced his turbo the first time cause mark said it was blown. so after he replaced it the second turbo went bad due to someone not putting the oil orifice not being installed. so, the car sat there for a while with no one working on it so the customer ended up pulling it out and went along with starting a lawsuit on him, like others on this board.
If you look in this photo, you can see the blue RX8 sitting out in fornt of SGP. This photo was taken in December, and to my knowledge it never moved from the time it got dropped off to the time it got taken by the customer. I dont know what turbo was on it, but it did have a Greddy intercooler.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:20 AM
XKR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MethodRN
I'm not trying to bash on Glen(owner of GTR). Just making points that he doesn't have enough perspective to dispute peoples claims of the problems they are having.

Again, I agree that Mark is a nice guy. He has helped me and gone above what he's needed to do in certain instances. However, it's his current business practice that is in question by some and lack of customer service hasn't helped people feel at ease about the state of his business.
I agree....And dont get me wrong....I am not siding with Mark....I was just discribing the kind of person he is......still there is no excuse for his actions.

You are caught up in this....so by all means you have the right to say whatever you want.

Originally Posted by ACI318
Nope I have seen the evidence, and I am just trying to tell the GTR owner to wake up and go get his car. I am also pushing for some of the people on here who have gotten ripped off to post invoices, checks, canceled checks, nsf checks, ect... so people who have their cars their want end up with nothing. Look at boostedtrack, not only is he out 10k+ but now he does not even have what he started with. His car set there till the parts he came in the door with are gone. Now he is missing 10k+, a Utec, injectors, and god only knows what else. I think he should post his proof so people will say "i gotta go get my car before I have to sell an organ to fix it."

I have spoken to him many times about this !!!

Last edited by XKR; 03-11-2009 at 02:28 AM.
Old 03-11-2009, 06:11 AM
Boostedtrack350

Originally Posted by Boostedtrack350
Out of respect for the death of Mark's father. I will give him the rest of this week. If nothing is done by Monday of next week, I will post everything I have to show the FACTS regarding my personal situation with Mark and SGP Racing, and I will pursue Criminal charges and a Civil suit against him.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:02 AM
gotparts?

Originally Posted by ACI318
If you look in this photo, you can see the blue RX8 sitting out in fornt of SGP. This photo was taken in December, and to my knowledge it never moved from the time it got dropped off to the time it got taken by the customer. I dont know what turbo was on it, but it did have a Greddy intercooler.
it was the greddy turbo kit with an upgraded turbo. it sat there due to mark making promises that he couldnt keep.
Old 03-12-2009, 09:56 AM
UpRev
Banned

almost off the first page.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:19 AM
iamdigital

I'm not sure why this isn't stickied yet actually. I'd say it's valuable information for anybody.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:41 AM
turismo

Originally Posted by iamdigital
I'm not sure why this isn't stickied yet actually. I'd say it's valuable information for anybody.
troof!
Old 03-12-2009, 02:45 PM
Cass007
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Seems like nothing is ever stickied anymore. People in this thread will just have to make an effort to bump it like once a month for the next year or so to make sure teh noobs are aware.
Old 03-12-2009, 03:41 PM
foreignsoda

nice.. sticky fread!
Old 03-12-2009, 03:59 PM
Cass007
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Cass007
Seems like nothing is ever stickied anymore. People in this thread will just have to make an effort to bump it like once a month for the next year or so to make sure teh noobs are aware.
- shows what I know.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:37 PM
Boostedtrack350

After giving Mark some time following the passing of his Father, I started trying to get in touch with him again today with no return Text or Phone call.

I know someone said he told them he would be back to work on Thursday, has anyone talked to him recently?
Old 03-12-2009, 08:35 PM
iamdigital

Stickied cool but why change title?
Old 03-12-2009, 08:40 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Glad to see that this thread and the RA thread have both been stickied.

My trans is currently being torn down. I hope to have an update soon.
Old 03-12-2009, 09:18 PM
mrg1981

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I've been dreading this day. The tear down of my transmission revealed that all of the components, except the TC were completely stock. Not only are the clutch packs completely ruined, but many OEM parts (that are not upgraded during a build) are ruined or damaged along with the TC.

I am sending the TC to Pro-Torque to have it fixed. In addition to the normal build process and parts, many other parts have to be ordered or repaired. The parts and build labor come to $43xx. With shipping of the trans back and forth and labor to remove/reinstall the trans, I'm looking at $6068.74 after tax. I just paid the $3500 deposit to get the parts ordered.

All of the parts from my transmission are being sent back to me as well, for any legal purposes. I am furious at this point. I will be contacting my attorney for advice. I really cannot fathom the level of stupidity or dishonesty it requires to take over $4k from a client to build their trans, keep it on the floor of your shop for over 3 months, and then send it back UNTOUCHED!!! Not just done incorrectly. Not just partially completed. Not just missing something. Completely ****ing untouched!

Sorry....I'm going to go blow off some steam now...lucky for Mark he's too far away. On the other hand, I'm visiting TX soon anyway. Maybe it's time to move the date forward a bit. What do you think?
Old 03-12-2009, 09:21 PM
stogey420time
Club Moderator
the Hot Spot

Received 78 Likes on 54 Posts

^ wow.....
Old 03-12-2009, 09:21 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

i am sorry for your situation marshal. good luck with everything man... i hope you get sgp and mark. in jail..
Old 03-12-2009, 09:27 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by mrg1981
I've been dreading this day. The tear down of my transmission revealed that all of the components, except the TC were completely stock. Not only are the clutch packs completely ruined, but many OEM parts (that are not upgraded during a build) are ruined or damaged along with the TC.

I am sending the TC to Pro-Torque to have it fixed. In addition to the normal build process and parts, many other parts have to be ordered or repaired. The parts and build labor come to $43xx. With shipping of the trans back and forth and labor to remove/reinstall the trans, I'm looking at $6068.74 after tax. I just paid the $3500 deposit to get the parts ordered.

All of the parts from my transmission are being sent back to me as well, for any legal purposes. I am furious at this point. I will be contacting my attorney for advice. I really cannot fathom the level of stupidity or dishonesty it requires to take over $4k from a client to build their trans, keep it on the floor of your shop for over 3 months, and then send it back UNTOUCHED!!! Not just done incorrectly. Not just partially completed. Not just missing something. Completely ****ing untouched!

Sorry....I'm going to go blow off some steam now...lucky for Mark he's too far away. On the other hand, I'm visiting TX soon anyway. Maybe it's time to move the date forward a bit. What do you think?
That sucks Marshall. We should have just gone to Chris, ITP, or SFR in the first place. Live and learn, I guess.

I'm expecting the same damn results (minus the damage) on my trans. It has been confirmed that I have an aftermarket torque converter because that is easily distinguishable on an external visual inspection.

I hope Mark gets prison time for all of this.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 03-12-2009 at 09:31 PM.
Old 03-12-2009, 09:30 PM
mrg1981

FYI, here is everything that had to be done:
Alto Direct Power Pack Kit (never done at SGP)
Alto Input Power Pack Kit (never done at SGP)
Alto Hi-Low Reverse Kit (never done at SGP)
Alto Reverse Brake Kit (never done at SGP)
Alto Seal & Gasket Kit (never done at SGP)
Nissan Brake Bank (never done at SGP)
Trans Go Valve Body Kit (never done at SGP)
Pro Torque Converter (damaged due to stock trans with 5XXWHP)
Nissan 350z Front Pump (damaged due to stock trans with 5XXWHP)
Nissan Input Piston & Drum Assembly (damaged due to stock trans with 5XXWHP)
3rd Sun Gear Assembly (damaged due to stock trans with 5XXWHP)
Built Valve Body (never done at SGP)
Built Transmission (never done at SGP)
Labor to remove and re-install transmission
Shipping to and from Las Vegas

Previous to this repair/rebuild, the transmission caused issues, which we had to chase down and try to diagnose. I had about $3,000 in labor and tuning and different parts and reflashes trying to diagnose the issues. They turned out to be mostly if not all due to the transmission not being what we were told it was. I also swapped the pro-torque converter once, thinking it was the culprit. I sent the stock ECU to Technosquare 3 times, I installed a HKS FCD, etc, etc.

Previous to this repair/rebuild, the transmission failure caused $1008 in towing expenses, $240 in taxi fares (get from Kingman, AZ to LV, NV), and $150 in rental fees to drive back from LV to Mesa, AZ. It caused the car to be in and out of the shop chasing this phantom problem over the course of 4 months.

I just thought I'd give some more background and the results of this fraudulent transaction.
Old 03-12-2009, 09:32 PM
mrg1981

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
I'm expecting the same damn results (minus the damage) on my trans. It has been confirmed that I have an aftermarket torque converter because that is easily distinguishable on an external visual inspection.

I hope Mark gets prison time for all of this.
I truly hope yours turns out to be what you paid for. It is very frustrating to be in this situation. I am not too hopeful, but I sure hope it turns out alright, Eric.

Besides, who wants disgruntled LEO's on the street! You are a LEO, right?

Quick Reply: SGP Racing a Scammer?