Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

SGP Racing a Scammer?

Old 10-10-2008, 01:20 PM
iamdigital

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question SGP Racing a Scammer?

Anybody have email addresses or another phone number to get a hold of SGP Racing? I seen a thread about them and IKE hosing their operations but no status. I have sent my SGP transmission down there over a month ago and have not been able to contact them by phone or email or their website form???

Help a brother out please

Edit: Obviously doing business with SGP at this point in time is hazardous to your wallet, car, and nerves. There are 2 more shops that I'm adding to this list:

Steve's European Auto, Inc.
Tuning Factory, Inc.

See this thread for details:
https://my350z.com/forum/forced-indu...-of-shame.html

Last edited by iamdigital; 03-31-2009 at 03:15 PM.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:21 PM
2004Black350z
Exhaust Whore

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

dam dude. Sorry i cant help
Old 10-10-2008, 01:35 PM
chris'smax

i spoke w/ Mark last week when i was trying to gain some insight on my car issues. He told me they were extremely behind and that they had just gotten their operations up and running. IKE really put a beating on that area man so be patient.

Hurricane aftermaths make for a really hard time for buisnesses. We are still recovering from Gustav somewhat and it has been over a month since the storm.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:56 PM
iamdigital

Cool, I'm just looking for an email so I can at least get a confirmation that my tranny is actually there?
Old 10-10-2008, 04:26 PM
XKR

Look on their website www.sgpracing.com I am sure you can get contact info there.
Old 10-10-2008, 04:36 PM
iamdigital

Originally Posted by XKR
Look on their website www.sgpracing.com I am sure you can get contact info there.
Yeah, that's the problem. They have an online form to send request/email through their website and I have used it twice. Their phone number listed on the website and google maps routes to a full voicemail for last month (before IKE)... Was hoping somebody had Mark's email or a cell number or something. PM me if you do.

Thanks,

JAA
Old 10-10-2008, 05:03 PM
turismo

Originally Posted by chris'smax
i spoke w/ Mark last week when i was trying to gain some insight on my car issues. He told me they were extremely behind and that they had just gotten their operations up and running. IKE really put a beating on that area man so be patient.

Hurricane aftermaths make for a really hard time for buisnesses. We are still recovering from Gustav somewhat and it has been over a month since the storm.
Man dont let that excuse fool you. I just took my car from there after a year of headaches. Customer service is horribe and their work ethics are some of the worst I have ever seen! Very unorganized company!

The majority of the cars there are cars that have been there for months. People paying for parts and not receiving is what Im seeing. My car was damaged 4 times while over there.

1)car backed into my driver side door/rear fender(they didnt pay)
2)brake fluid from another car damaged my hood and roof(they didnt pay)
3)door dings from other cars(they didnt pay)
4) I was promised before Hurricane IKE that my car would be put on a lift to prevent damages. Well, they left my car infront of a roll up door and tall what seems to be gas tubes. Anyways, the door fell on my car and the gas tubes fell on my fender damaging a brand new cf hood. This is the funny part, they told me their insurance will not cover it. Come to find out, they have no insurance O, I was never told about either incident. Other people told me

I have 10-15 threads on other forums regarding them.

Im going to post a long long synopsis of my struggle with them in a few weeks!

The fact that you can't get ahold of them, should let you know something. I used to drive 30 miles there, just because they never answer. Mark called me one time after one year and thats because I confronted him on it.

Last edited by turismo; 10-10-2008 at 05:05 PM.
Old 10-10-2008, 05:08 PM
turismo

Originally Posted by iamdigital
Anybody have email addresses or another phone number to get a hold of SGP Racing? I seen a thread about them and IKE hosing their operations but no status. I have sent my SGP transmission down there over a month ago and have not been able to contact them by phone or email or their website form???

Help a brother out please
There's no way to get ahold of them. Sorry dude, your like the 20th car in line. They accept to to many cars without finishing the others.

Ask yourself, why aren't they interacting with my350z. Every Nissan performance shop is on here.
Old 10-10-2008, 05:24 PM
turismo

http://houstonperformancedriving.com...ad.php?t=32202

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...ght=sgp+racing

Just ask some of the people here
Old 10-10-2008, 05:30 PM
iamdigital

jasus my stomach is sick now. they're not doing my tune. i bought a 5AT with their tranny in it and had to send it in for a repair. now they've gone dark...
Old 10-10-2008, 05:46 PM
turismo

Originally Posted by iamdigital
jasus my stomach is sick now. they're not doing my tune. i bought a 5AT with their tranny in it and had to send it in for a repair. now they've gone dark...
Sorry dude but the same cars when I was there last year are there now. And there are cars coming back from the work thats been done.
Old 10-10-2008, 05:54 PM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Sorry to hear. If you can get your transmission back, I would recommend having it shipped to GTM. The GTM-5AT is a beautiful piece of work - I love it.
Old 10-10-2008, 05:55 PM
turismo

https://my350z.com/forum/forced-indu...xperience.html
Old 10-10-2008, 06:07 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by turismo
Man dont let that excuse fool you. I just took my car from there after a year of headaches. Customer service is horribe and their work ethics are some of the worst I have ever seen! Very unorganized company!

The majority of the cars there are cars that have been there for months. People paying for parts and not receiving is what Im seeing. My car was damaged 4 times while over there.

1)car backed into my driver side door/rear fender(they didnt pay)
2)brake fluid from another car damaged my hood and roof(they didnt pay)
3)door dings from other cars(they didnt pay)
4) I was promised before Hurricane IKE that my car would be put on a lift to prevent damages. Well, they left my car infront of a roll up door and tall what seems to be gas tubes. Anyways, the door fell on my car and the gas tubes fell on my fender damaging a brand new cf hood. This is the funny part, they told me their insurance will not cover it. Come to find out, they have no insurance O, I was never told about either incident. Other people told me

I have 10-15 threads on other forums regarding them.

Im going to post a long long synopsis of my struggle with them in a few weeks!

The fact that you can't get ahold of them, should let you know something. I used to drive 30 miles there, just because they never answer. Mark called me one time after one year and thats because I confronted him on it.

I am getting this funny feeling that you dont like SGP ... J/K

I like Mark....I too feel that they do take on more work than they can handle....but most shops do that. Sorry to hear how you were treated...d@mn thats bad...

The only problem I ever had with them is with this tool name Thomas that ripped me off. Thomas is not there anymore...so I was hoping that they cleaned their act up.

Mark is really a smart guy when its comes to the VQ and STI's....also Vettes...but there is no excuse for f-ing up your car like that ....Mark needs to get a good manager...one that wont rip him off.....Mark has a track record of hiring tools like thomas...

my 2 dollars
Old 10-10-2008, 06:13 PM
XKR

I did not know you are G-man.....I read that post a long time ago....its one of the first times I had seen a bad post about SGP....and this was one of the reasons I sent my car to FP ...even thought I also live in the Houston area. So maybe I should say thank you
Old 10-10-2008, 06:15 PM
turismo

Originally Posted by XKR
I am getting this funny feeling that you dont like SGP ... J/K

I like Mark....I too feel that they do take on more work than they can handle....but most shops do that. Sorry to hear how you were treated...d@mn thats bad...

The only problem I ever had with them is with this tool name Thomas that ripped me off. Thomas is not there anymore...so I was hoping that they cleaned their act up.

Mark is really a smart guy when its comes to the VQ and STI's....also Vettes...but there is no excuse for f-ing up your car like that ....Mark needs to get a good manager...one that wont rip him off.....Mark has a track record of hiring tools like thomas...

my 2 dollars
I almost whooped Thomas azz one day(really)!

There's gonna be a story published here in a few weeks. Stay tuned!

My name is Chris and I approve this message
Old 10-10-2008, 06:16 PM
turismo

Originally Posted by XKR
I did not know you are G-man.....I read that post a long time ago....its one of the first times I had seen a bad post about SGP....and this was one of the reasons I sent my car to FP ...even thought I also live in the Houston area. So maybe I should say thank you
No, Im not Gman. I was only giving people experiences with them.
Old 10-10-2008, 06:23 PM
XKR

I almost whooped Thomas azz one day(really)!

There's gonna be a story published here in a few weeks. Stay tuned!

My name is Chris and I approve this message

Cant wait to read it

No, Im not Gman. I was only giving people experiences with them.
OK... I misunderstood....If I did not see that post I would have been on the pissed list!!! I think G-man post was the first time I learned about FP and GTM and how they helped him.

Last edited by XKR; 10-10-2008 at 06:29 PM.
Old 10-10-2008, 06:25 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

^^^

i see SGP getting
Old 10-10-2008, 06:30 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
^^^

i see SGP getting
Yup....I feel a storm brewing