Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

SGP Racing a Scammer?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 09:40 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mrg1981
I truly hope yours turns out to be what you paid for. It is very frustrating to be in this situation. I am not too hopeful, but I sure hope it turns out alright, Eric.

Besides, who wants disgruntled LEO's on the street! You are a LEO, right?
LOL Yep, and Mark knows I'm an officer. So it would be a really dumb decision for him to pull fraud on me. I know the system and intend to take full advantage of my knowledge to pursue criminal charges if he ripped me off. Harris County sheriffs will be shoving it up his *** dry and sideways.
Old 03-12-2009, 09:42 PM
Mr_pharmD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the VB was never done and it was stock, didn't u notice it bouncing off the rev limiter or the sluggish gear changes?
Old 03-12-2009, 10:19 PM
mrg1981

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr_pharmD
If the VB was never done and it was stock, didn't u notice it bouncing off the rev limiter or the sluggish gear changes?
Yes, but Mark assured us that it was tuning, or mechanical issues not related to the transmission. Nobody really has much experience with a 5AT VQ with 6XX WHP, and this is the first boosted VQ with the Pro-EFI. We tried everything. We increased the Rev limit to 8000 with the Pro-EFI and the stock ECU. It still shut off at the track when the tires spun in 1st. I'm amazed I ran as fast as I did with the damn thing shutting off for almost a full second. The gear changes were completely erratic. At times, it was smooth, firm, and fast. Other times, it could be slightly sluggish and sometimes it would take 5 seconds for it to shift. That's when we did the reflashes, swapped the TC, retuned, grounded, installed Fuel Cut Defensor, did troubleshooting on the Pro-EFI, etc, etc, etc.
Attached Thumbnails SGP Racing a Scammer?-forged-z-high-boost-dyno-22-psi-tc-problem.jpg  
Old 03-12-2009, 10:44 PM
iStan
ZR

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Marshall. Sorry to hear.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:05 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by iStan
Marshall. Sorry to hear.
I feel really bad for him too. All that time and money wasted chasing down mystery problems because the trans was believed to be fully built. I'm so glad the truth was discovered on his trans prior to mine being installed in my car. It likely saved me a lot of trouble and grief.
Old 03-13-2009, 03:31 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Sorry to hear that Marshall - that is most definately lawsuit material.

Rude, I would guess that if anyone got the real trans re-build it would have been you because of your law enforcement backround and the fact that Intense was very vocal on your behalf about receiving your parts in a timely manner. Chances are you may have gotten the parts everyone else paid for IMO.

Someone needs to pull the trigger on this already and file against SGP and get the local PD involved. At this point anyone could see that there is more than a little shady business going on there and think of how many others are being burned. Mark seems to have some Jedi mindtrick ability to sweet talk his way out of any situation when speaking with customers over the phone, I still think it would be great if 4-5 members showed up at his door at the same time to get answers.
Old 03-13-2009, 05:17 AM
Boostedtrack350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I plan on going to the PD first thing on Monday. Anyone like to join me? Lets go guys. Now is the time to step up! May even just go on Sunday.

Last edited by Boostedtrack350; 03-13-2009 at 05:26 AM.
Old 03-13-2009, 06:04 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

So still no answer today?? They should be open.. Why doesnt anyone pay them a "in person" visit for a change.. Post pics of the shop and how things are looking/being handled....
Old 03-13-2009, 06:09 AM
Boostedtrack350

I would If I didnt live 4hrs away.
Old 03-13-2009, 06:11 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

There has to be someone local who can do this.. There is thousands of users on here in Houston....
Old 03-13-2009, 06:18 AM
eXe-Chris
Banned

Yes, but Mark assured us that it was tuning, or mechanical issues not related to the transmission. Nobody really has much experience with a 5AT VQ with 6XX WHP, and this is the first boosted VQ with the Pro-EFI. We tried everything. We increased the Rev limit to 8000 with the Pro-EFI and the stock ECU. It still shut off at the track when the tires spun in 1st. I'm amazed I ran as fast as I did with the damn thing shutting off for almost a full second. The gear changes were completely erratic. At times, it was smooth, firm, and fast. Other times, it could be slightly sluggish and sometimes it would take 5 seconds for it to shift. That's when we did the reflashes, swapped the TC, retuned, grounded, installed Fuel Cut Defensor, did troubleshooting on the Pro-EFI, etc, etc, etc.
I didn't read the numerous pages behind this one but have you ever tried a VDC or SLIP over ride? Gizzmo Racing is almost done producing a system that allows you to completely control the amount of assistance the VDC gives you. Like Lloyd at Gizzmo told me, the VDC never turns off completely this will allow you to do that or adjust it to where you want it to help. Again i didn't read posts prior to this so if I am way off with this response please ignore my post. GL though man....I feel for ya

Last edited by eXe-Chris; 03-13-2009 at 08:01 AM.
Old 03-13-2009, 06:31 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Originally Posted by eXe-Chris
I didn't read the numerous pages behind this one but have you ever tried a VDC or SLIP over ride? Gizzmo Racing is almost done producing a system that allows you to completely control the amount of assistance the VDC gives you. Like Lloyd at Gizzmo told me, the VDC never turns off completely this will allow you to do that or adjust it to where you want it to help. Again i didn't read posts prior to this so if I am way off with this response please ignore my post. GL though man....I feel for ya
Consider your post ignored..... you have no idea the depths of deciet and drama in this thread.

There has to be someone local who can do this.. There is thousands of users on here in Houston....
Jay, XKR has done at least 2-3 recon visits already and Mark just spouts some "poor me" BS and calls the customer with 1000 excuses or outright lies (your stuff has already shipped), if it was me, I would show up with a van/truck to get my stuff. If its not there, call the Sheriff from the parking lot and get down to business. If no work has been done and he doesn't have a cashiers check for your deposit refund, again call the police. I have a feeling if one or two people did that, the whole house of cards will crash down. This seems like another classic ponzi scheme, using parts/money from one customer to satisfy another and trying to keep your head above water. People are going to get stuck here for sure, but it souldn't be members of the VQ community..... we are to smart for that. Let the other import guys be left with the crumbs. GET YOUR STUFF OUT NOW!!!!
Old 03-13-2009, 06:38 AM
Boostedtrack350

My car is out of there. Just trying to get my money back now. total Mark owes me is $10,950 plus a UTEC! Can anyone tell me if the shop is open?
Old 03-13-2009, 06:40 AM
turismo

I've been dreading this day. The tear down of my transmission revealed that all of the components, except the TC were completely stock. Not only are the clutch packs completely ruined, but many OEM parts (that are not upgraded during a build) are ruined or damaged along with the TC.

I am sending the TC to Pro-Torque to have it fixed. In addition to the normal build process and parts, many other parts have to be ordered or repaired. The parts and build labor come to $43xx. With shipping of the trans back and forth and labor to remove/reinstall the trans, I'm looking at $6068.74 after tax. I just paid the $3500 deposit to get the parts ordered.

All of the parts from my transmission are being sent back to me as well, for any legal purposes. I am furious at this point. I will be contacting my attorney for advice. I really cannot fathom the level of stupidity or dishonesty it requires to take over $4k from a client to build their trans, keep it on the floor of your shop for over 3 months, and then send it back UNTOUCHED!!! Not just done incorrectly. Not just partially completed. Not just missing something. Completely ****ing untouched!

Sorry....I'm going to go blow off some steam now...lucky for Mark he's too far away. On the other hand, I'm visiting TX soon anyway. Maybe it's time to move the date forward a bit. What do you think?
Man you can come chill at my place and roll up to SGP together
Old 03-13-2009, 06:46 AM
Boostedtrack350

Sent u PM
Old 03-13-2009, 06:48 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

Originally Posted by turismo
Man you can come chill at my place and roll up to SGP together
Can I come too?? Ill be in TX in Sep/October timeframe!!
Old 03-13-2009, 06:51 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Jay'Z
Can I come too?? Ill be in TX in Sep/October timeframe!!
Definately bring Jay - he will bring guns and is in top physical condition I am sure, so he can run Mark down if he tries to make a break for it!!
Old 03-13-2009, 06:53 AM
Boostedtrack350

just recieved text from Mark! He said he would call me in a few. We shall see! Stay tuned for update!
Old 03-13-2009, 07:45 AM
Boostedtrack350

Mark told me (via text) that he didnt know anything about the Utec, but would have one sent overnight to me today from Turbo XS. Same thing with my Injectors. Says he will call me in a few Hrs, but wouldnt be back till Tuesday.
Old 03-13-2009, 08:40 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by Boostedtrack350
Mark told me (via text) that he didnt know anything about the Utec, but would have one sent overnight to me today from Turbo XS. Same thing with my Injectors. Says he will call me in a few Hrs, but wouldnt be back till Tuesday.

Quick Reply: SGP Racing a Scammer?