Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

interesting bad built motor thread on G35driver.......

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 10:15 AM
chris'smax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by go-fast
what's with the imaginary conversations?you think gtm is gonna give you a great deal for huggin?getting a great deal on a turd,is no deal at all.i hope you do install a gtm motor and it blows the f$ck up after your third oil change.then we will see what a great fan boy deal you got.
HAHAHAAHAHAH
Old 10-31-2008, 10:30 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

what's with the imaginary conversations?you think gtm is gonna give you a great deal for huggin?getting a great deal on a turd,is no deal at all..
sentry>>>
Old 10-31-2008, 10:53 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Wow

Old 10-31-2008, 10:55 AM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've never had a problem saying something unpopular or stepping on my own neck as long as I thought it was a worthy point to bring up.
All the people who aren't actively posting and joining in the vulture fest can make their own call.

Over the last few days, I've talked to several people over IM and PM's who've come out and said they agree with a lot of things I've brought up.

This thread is a volatile one. You just can't say your opinion without at least a few longstanding members ridiculing you no matter what "side" you're on. I don't blame people for wanting to stay out of it.
Old 10-31-2008, 11:08 AM
go-fast
Banned

Originally Posted by sentry65
I've never had a problem saying something unpopular or stepping on my own neck as long as I thought it was a worthy point to bring up.
All the people who aren't actively posting and joining in the vulture fest can make their own call.

Over the last few days, I've talked to several people over IM and PM's who've come out and said they agree with a lot of things I've brought up.

This thread is a volatile one. You just can't say your opinion without at least a few longstanding members ridiculing you no matter what "side" you're on. I don't blame people for wanting to stay out of it.
there is no "side" to this, gtm can't logically defend their motors,nor warranty them without massive outcry.this thread is more of an expose for all to see who's who in the zoo.(gtm is the broken motor in the corner)do you still want one?
Old 10-31-2008, 11:15 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

C'mon Sentry. You have been acting like the ubernuthugger. That's why I posted the "Hello Sam" post a while back. We know that you have been in direct communication with Sam as you post here.

It was pretty dumb of you do this. Did you stop to think that some of us are friends with r0mey and talk with him? Those of us that do communicate directly with r0mey (outside of the forums) know what's going on with your posts. You have zero credibility with me and others in the know.

So just stop.

Last edited by r0mey; 11-01-2008 at 11:58 AM.
Old 10-31-2008, 11:33 AM
sentry65
the burninator

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0

C'mon Sentry. You have been acting like the ubernuthugger. [/B] That's why I posted the "Hello Sam" post a while back. We know that you have been in direct communication with Sam as you post here.

It was pretty dumb of you do this. Did you stop to think that some of us are friends with r0mey and talk with him? Those of us that do communicate directly with r0mey (outside of the forums) know what's going on with your posts. You have zero credibility with me and others in the know.

So just stop.
...and you're acting like the ubur-hater

listen, I didn't post any direct knowledge about a phone conversation with Sam and Romey. I have no direct knowledge of any of those conversations. I have no idea what was said or really care - that's between them.

your "hello sam" post #240 https://my350z.com/forum/6481743-post240.html was in response to another member doing high speed runs and how stressful I think that is on an engine. I have a history on these boards where I support that notion.

here's my post below in question:
I don't know why several 160+mph runs holding high rpms for long periods of time in slower higher gears with sleeves that reduce coolant from cooling the cylinder walls while running high amounts of power would reduce the life of an engine. It just shouldn't. Especially because a lot of money was spent.

That and I really don't understand why engines for racing teams would only last a few thousand miles...They should last forever since they use the best parts, racing gas, a pro driver, and a pro race team that monitors everything.

yes, I've talked with Sam here and there over the last couple days because my pistons came in and we've been discussing some of the common details you go over with engine builds

Last edited by r0mey; 11-01-2008 at 11:59 AM.
Old 10-31-2008, 11:37 AM
go-fast
Banned

i don't get the last two posts.

Last edited by go-fast; 10-31-2008 at 11:58 AM.
Old 10-31-2008, 11:38 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Sentry.. take a "L" on this one.. i know you and SOLO never like to give up.. just keep going.. but sometimes you have to look at the cards you are holding and just fold.. in your mind you might be right.. and in reality you might be right.. but the cards are stacked against you.. and its not going anywhere.. just fold man
Old 10-31-2008, 11:45 AM
sentry65
the burninator

by "cards" you mean RudeG_v2.0, go-fast, IIQuickSilverII, and Alberto are against me?

I'm walking away from this thread with the belief that sleeved engines are generally bad news and with higher power/psi, a lot more problems can rise up

...and I'm still waiting for someone to point me at a case where a non-sleeved GTM engine failed, and/or wasn't covered under warranty

Last edited by sentry65; 10-31-2008 at 12:31 PM.
Old 10-31-2008, 11:50 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by common sense
only morons with no experience believe everything posted on the forums

sentry, take dougs advice...just give it up

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 11-01-2008 at 08:12 PM.
Old 10-31-2008, 02:45 PM
THE ROADSTER

what's with the imaginary conversations?you think gtm is gonna give you a great deal for huggin?getting a great deal on a turd,is no deal at all.i hope you do install a gtm motor and it blows the f$ck up after your third oil change.then we will see what a great fan boy deal you got.EDIT-or your squirters end up in the oil pan,or you have moisture under the cap,or the heads leak down on a never run engine,or you have mystery oil smoke from the tailpipe,or the head gasket leaks oil from "shipping",or your cams grind down to nubs,or block is machined to tight,oh yeah i forgot,when this happens to you don't expect a call back from gtm and if you get one it will be to tell you how it's your fault......chime in if i forgot someone.

Why it's so hard for your guys to except the fact that GTM did not do the install so whey should they warrenty the motor.
Old 10-31-2008, 02:59 PM
Driven1
Professional

what's with the imaginary conversations?you think gtm is gonna give you a great deal for huggin?getting a great deal on a turd,is no deal at all.i hope you do install a gtm motor and it blows the f$ck up after your third oil change.then we will see what a great fan boy deal you got.EDIT-or your squirters end up in the oil pan,or you have moisture under the cap,or the heads leak down on a never run engine,or you have mystery oil smoke from the tailpipe,or the head gasket leaks oil from "shipping",or your cams grind down to nubs,or block is machined to tight,oh yeah i forgot,when this happens to you don't expect a call back from gtm and if you get one it will be to tell you how it's your fault......chime in if i forgot someone.
You forgot about the coolant mysteriously being vomited all over your engine bay and windshield as you drive.

It's almost comical when you put them all together.

I can't believe people are still arguing this. Both sides have displayed their points, issues, and evidence. Read, learn, and make your own decision.

You can see many dealers of GTM motors no longer deal in them like they used to, if at all...hint hint
Old 10-31-2008, 03:00 PM
Driven1
Professional

Originally Posted by THE ROADSTER
Why it's so hard for your guys to except the fact that GTM did not do the install so whey should they warrenty the motor.
We won't ACCEPT it bc it isn't necessarily an installers fault that something fails.
Old 10-31-2008, 03:52 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

never mind

Last edited by superchargedg; 10-31-2008 at 03:55 PM.
Old 10-31-2008, 08:41 PM
discom

I take it that you are referring to me when you mention the head gasket seeping oil and moisture under the oil cap?

I have tried explaining that my issues have been taken care of by GTM.

I shared my experience with the forum, but it seems that you only want to read the negative parts and ignore the positive.

What is your personal experience with GTM or Sam that makes you hate so much? Maybe if you share it, I can better understand your mindset.

Anyways, if you want to quote my issues, please use it in the right context. BTW...in answer to one of your earlier question, I was told that a stage 2 4.0L longblock from GTM is somewhere in the mid teens.

Last edited by discom; 10-31-2008 at 08:52 PM.
Old 11-01-2008, 11:55 AM
go-fast
Banned

Originally Posted by discom
I take it that you are referring to me when you mention the head gasket seeping oil and moisture under the oil cap?

I have tried explaining that my issues have been taken care of by GTM.

I shared my experience with the forum, but it seems that you only want to read the negative parts and ignore the positive.

What is your personal experience with GTM or Sam that makes you hate so much? Maybe if you share it, I can better understand your mindset.

Anyways, if you want to quote my issues, please use it in the right context. BTW...in answer to one of your earlier question, I was told that a stage 2 4.0L longblock from GTM is somewhere in the mid teens.
i wasn't only refering to your motor's in my post,i can't share my personal experience's with gtm motors because it is not my place to share that info.just know that i build high end motors and have been called in to pick up the pieces.also know before someone starts that i have NEVER tried to sell my service on these forums to anyone for any reason.nor do i intend to,my business is waiting list only and argument's/info i share is purely for the benefit of the community.mid-teens huh,what was incuded in that price?
Old 11-01-2008, 11:58 AM
go-fast
Banned

Originally Posted by THE ROADSTER
that's exactly what gtm say's and they should end their warranty program if they are going to continue the "not us" position on every motor that fails.in case you were reading that's the point of this whole thread.
Old 11-01-2008, 12:34 PM
THE ROADSTER

I guess the bottom line is having the motor buit, install and tune with the same company is the best solution.

does any boby know if GTM will warrenty their 4.2L stroker engine if they do the install to ?

is there any other company with stroker engine and to install to ? so far I had great experience with GTM and they are only 15 minutes away.

Last edited by THE ROADSTER; 11-01-2008 at 12:38 PM.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:02 PM
discom

i wasn't only refering to your motor's in my post,i can't share my personal experience's with gtm motors because it is not my place to share that info.just know that i build high end motors and have been called in to pick up the pieces.also know before someone starts that i have NEVER tried to sell my service on these forums to anyone for any reason.nor do i intend to,my business is waiting list only and argument's/info i share is purely for the benefit of the community.mid-teens huh,what was incuded in that price?

I know that you did not just refer to my engine. My issue with that post is that you make it sound like GTM left me out to dry when that is not the case. At least quote it in the right context.

Saying that it is not your place to share why you hate GTM but reserving the right to badmouth them makes you part of a mindless mob. The individuals in a mob may not know why they are on a rampage...but hey...everyone's doing it

As a highend engine builder, you should know that not every build is perfect. That there will be issues ..especially in high power applications. I had issues with my GTM engine and they took care of it.

The price is for a complete 4.0L longblock with 272 cams (turbo application), 1000cc/min HKS injectors, new fuel rails to accomodate the injectors, HR cooling mod (which I am told is an improvement over the DE).

Anyways, I am not trying to pick a fight with you and neither am I a GTM "nuthugger". I have had my fair share of frustrating conversations with GTM trying to resolve my issues before coming to a resolution that was acceptable by both parties.

I just gave a fair accounting of my experience with GTM and would hate to see it being distorted just to badmouth GTM.

Quick Reply: interesting bad built motor thread on G35driver.......