Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

My gauge choices for FI (ATI)

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2003, 04:18 PM
djkern
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Sillent Killer
I mean turn them clock wise and raise them to a 45* angle oo the ground. This makes it easier to look at. Do you understand?
ok, i see now. i think that would look really nice. you could also put them on a swivle type hinge thing (yeah, great description....haha). so, you can turn it to face you at the 45 degree angle....and then put them flat (like in bonz's car) to close the door to the console. this way you wouldn't have to have the guages set in deep enough that you could put them at the 45 degree angle and still be able to close the console. you get it? (long work day...just got home and it's past 8....brain is a tad fried! haha).

djk
Old 08-20-2003, 04:53 PM
Sillent Killer

Originally posted by djkern
ok, i see now. i think that would look really nice. you could also put them on a swivle type hinge thing (yeah, great description....haha). so, you can turn it to face you at the 45 degree angle....and then put them flat (like in bonz's car) to close the door to the console. this way you wouldn't have to have the guages set in deep enough that you could put them at the 45 degree angle and still be able to close the console. you get it? (long work day...just got home and it's past 8....brain is a tad fried! haha).

djk

Yeah, that's pretty much what I was thinking of. Do you think if I put them in swivel hinge mounting cups they will fit and I will be able to close it also?

Will only one gauge fit with the mounting cup or both?

You still didn't answer my question....Does the EGT gauge have to be read while moving and pressing the accelerator or can I read it at a stoplight and still have an acurate answer?
Old 08-20-2003, 05:04 PM
GaryK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Silent Killer-
The EGT needs to be read while driving. If the EGT is a good one, it will react fast and as soon as you let off the throttle it will start dropping.
Old 08-20-2003, 05:06 PM
Sillent Killer

Ok, Thanks....What about my other questions.
Old 08-20-2003, 05:09 PM
djkern
Banned

Yeah, that's pretty much what I was thinking of. Do you think if I put them in swivel hinge mounting cups they will fit and I will be able to close it also?

Will only one gauge fit with the mounting cup or both?

You still didn't answer my question....Does the EGT gauge have to be read while moving and pressing the accelerator or can I read it at a stoplight and still have an acurate answer?
sorry. i didn't know the answer to that one....but garyk answered it for you.

i think you'd be able to fit both of the gauges will fit in the console spot with the swivle hinges.

i thought these guages had those buttons you could press to see where the needle usually rests. i am pretty sure you can do that on the camp system. it'll have readouts for you.

but, your idea would work with the swivel cups.

djk
Old 08-20-2003, 05:12 PM
Sillent Killer

Where are the best places ot mount these gauges?

I want to get them but this setup is a little hard to read while driving (One look at the gauge while moving and I will be in an accident). If their isn't another cheap place to put them (Putting the two gauges above the current ones is pretty expensive instalation wise.) Then I will go with this setup. It's better if they are farther forward than Dr. Bonz's setup. Any other places I could put them?
Old 08-20-2003, 05:14 PM
Sillent Killer

Originally posted by djkern
sorry. i didn't know the answer to that one....but garyk answered it for you.

i think you'd be able to fit both of the gauges will fit in the console spot with the swivle hinges.

i thought these guages had those buttons you could press to see where the needle usually rests. i am pretty sure you can do that on the camp system. it'll have readouts for you.

but, your idea would work with the swivel cups.

djk

Yes they do....After I come to a stop light I can push the button and see what is the highest the needle reached on the gauge. Is this what you are talking about?
Old 08-20-2003, 05:23 PM
GaryK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you use the Greddy Warning meters, you get the peak recall feature, which will be useful so you don't have to watch the gauge during a run. Even better in my opinion is the alarm feature, which will trigger a light on the gauge to come on whenever the reading exceeds a value you set. There is also an output you can use to activate a light or buzzer if the gauge isn't in your field of view so you can see the light on the gauge.

BTW, I'll post pics of my install in the nav compartment as soon as I get it done.
Old 08-20-2003, 05:27 PM
Sillent Killer

I am interested with Nav compartment but I may put a screen in their. Please post pics still.
Old 08-20-2003, 06:13 PM
djkern
Banned

Yes they do....After I come to a stop light I can push the button and see what is the highest the needle reached on the gauge. Is this what you are talking about?
yeah, that's what i was talking about. thanks for clearing that up. i was pretty sure it had that button....just wasn't positive.
Old 08-20-2003, 06:17 PM
Sillent Killer

It has two buttons...Peak and hold.

The Peak tells you the highest point the needle reached.

What is the hold function do?
Old 08-20-2003, 06:41 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

It has a memory function as was mentioned above. It will recall the highest reading it ever recorded past a certain set point. For example, if I hit the reset button tomorrow morning and then drive the car all week without resetting, all I have to do is push the recall button and it will show me the highest reading it recorded since I hit the reset button.

the other peg isn't really a button but a dial that you set for your warning lights. You set it for the level you want as your maximum level of boost or temp. If you exceed this, the light comes on.

I tried to swivel the gauges but they are glued in or something. They will not turn at all.
Old 08-20-2003, 06:53 PM
Sillent Killer

Originally posted by Dr Bonz
It has a memory function as was mentioned above. It will recall the highest reading it ever recorded past a certain set point. For example, if I hit the reset button tomorrow morning and then drive the car all week without resetting, all I have to do is push the recall button and it will show me the highest reading it recorded since I hit the reset button.

the other peg isn't really a button but a dial that you set for your warning lights. You set it for the level you want as your maximum level of boost or temp. If you exceed this, the light comes on.

I tried to swivel the gauges but they are glued in or something. They will not turn at all.

Thanks. Where is a good place to mount them besides where yo monted them? Photoshop ideas if you want.
Old 08-20-2003, 07:04 PM
djkern
Banned

Originally posted by Dr Bonz
i wonder if you heated them up with a hair dryer.....maybe you could turn them??? but, probably not worth the time and effort.
Old 08-20-2003, 07:52 PM
DeeZee

hey about the camp, how do you change over from say ps2 to the gauges? does it come with a switch or something? one guy said, use a tough screene. (wich i dont have) and another said a remote???? iv checked a BUNCH of sights, but noone realy says?? i think im going to call your friend dj.
Old 08-21-2003, 04:33 AM
djkern
Banned

Originally posted by DeeZee
hey about the camp, how do you change over from say ps2 to the gauges? does it come with a switch or something? one guy said, use a tough screene. (wich i dont have) and another said a remote???? iv checked a BUNCH of sights, but noone realy says?? i think im going to call your friend dj.
i would call up 617-738-2888. that's the shop where i take my car. the owner (joe) has one in his car...plus he has a dvd player. so, he would know for sure. his is touch screen though...so, i'm not sure if that makes it easier. but, he'd kow for sure how to do it.
Old 08-21-2003, 11:46 AM
DeeZee

thanks man! ill give him a call.
Old 12-12-2003, 09:37 PM
fluidz

Default hmmm

Originally posted by Mike Wazowski
i like those bottom ones, stock looking.

now if we had a glove compartment (a real one ), that would be a good place for 3-4 gauges.
if you didnt get a nav set up then you would have had a great place for two guages right there..........
Attached Thumbnails My gauge choices for FI (ATI)-350z.jpg  
Old 12-12-2003, 10:32 PM
Yielar

Originally posted by DeeZee

Well I have the Alpine IVA - D900 which allows you to scroll through the different modes including Aux 1-3 for lets say the CAMP input. So you could go from playing the PS2 to your CAMP and back to your DVD or CD/Mp3. The IVA - D900 has the option of connecting two additional monitors and have different modes all happening at once. It would be slick to have the CAMP read outs on one, your CD or Mp3's playing and your passenger playing PS2 on the 3rd one! If I go FI I think I"ll be looking into the CAMP setup.

Yielar
Old 12-12-2003, 11:53 PM
12SecZ

Attached Thumbnails My gauge choices for FI (ATI)-bestguages640.jpg  

Quick Reply: My gauge choices for FI (ATI)