Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Dr Bonz Procharger Videos

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2003, 12:09 AM
spextar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wicked4u2c.. i really think you lack communication skills severely. You didn't understand a damn word Bonzy said in his post to you. For example, yes, Bonz mentioned that you had said "25psi of boost" only, and we all know he meant that along with that "25 psi boost" you didn't mention your later explained engine internal modification stuffs. That's what makes your "25psi boost" post jsut only "25psi boost" - but not LITERALLY!!

And NO!! I've never seen Bonzy acting like he knows a lot about blood in the legs, he just tried to say that these topics, including FI and engine mods and such are of SPECIAL INTERESTS and calling someone idiot (which you did) for not knowing much in these areas is an indication of ignorance.
Old 08-21-2003, 05:09 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Here is the new place to find the vids:

http://www.philter.com/~tsunami/flyby1.mpg

http://www.philter.com/~tsunami/flyby2.mpg

Thanks to TSUNAMI for hosting!
Old 08-21-2003, 05:43 AM
mcduck

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wicked4U2C said...
Wow, please let me know what software you are using to evaluate the "tone" that IM trying to give out. Everyone reads threads differently and some take it personal and other DONT UNDERSTAND it. I never said TT is better than Supercharger. Or Greddy is better than ATI...
WOW! Thanks for making my point for me. As I said... it's not the point you are trying to make, it is the wording you use. And it's not something you need "special" software to see.

(See, I changed the tone of the last sentence above completely by adding the "rolleyes" smilie... Go run it through you "special tone software" and it will tell you I was being sarcastic... without the smilie, it simply would have been a statement)

Dr Bonz said...
To respond to your post, no I am not an idiot. I think that most people on this board will back me up on this.
I have to disagree, Bonz. You are a colossal idiot... I mean... anyone who would take a new Brickyard Z... then dump a bunch of money into a Nismo Bodykit... and Borla Exhaust... and AEM intake... and to even consider adding FI and discarding the AEM intake, let alone doing it... I mean sheesh....

before I get mega-flamed... those reading the last paragraph should check out my sig. And for those without "special tone software", I was being facetious...
the uneducated...see wicked, if I were rude I could have said idiots, but I didn't... tone, man... the uneducated can look up "facetious" in the dictionary if they are having trouble figuring out my "tone"

Last edited by mcduck; 08-21-2003 at 06:57 AM.
Old 08-21-2003, 07:13 AM
MY350Z.COM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Wicked, just want to let you know that you're close to getting a warning.

I didn't see what you edited but it must have been pretty inappropriate for another member to step up like that.

Also, your wording is not exactly friendly. You may want to rethink that.

Victor
Old 08-21-2003, 07:39 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

face-tious.......Hmmmmmm. Wait a minute now! I think now this Duck guy is saying there is something wrong with my face!

That's not cool at all man. I can't help that! It's the way I was born!
Old 08-21-2003, 10:31 AM
Wicked4u2c

Originally posted by MaxHax
My car has belt squeel today I was handed a label that shows how to reroute the belt or something that is supposed to go somehwhere on the car but I wasn't told where it goes and I didn't understand what it was, I was just handed a sticker and told, hey this is how your belt routes or something like that. The squeel doesn't bother me but it's there and so is oil everywhere.
Sorry guys I apologize for being a bit harsh. Hey Max, I heard about your bad incident with the pro charger kit. Have you done a compression check... IF you haven't, do this. Check all cylinders write the numbers down on a piece of paper. Now, put about a tablespoon of oil inside each cylinder and re do the compression test. If the numbers go UP Substantial amount like from 180 to like 220 than your rings could be bad or you can also have burnt valves. If the numbers stay about the same than you have another problem possible install possible kit. Max I also work with a company that has Turbo and N/A Pistons for the 350z ready. Ever heard of Wiesco? Yeah give me a call buddy you have my number. Trust me its very inexpensive and these pistons make the highest horsepower in any Street car and proven! Good luck with the car.
Old 08-21-2003, 11:12 AM
jesseenglish

I've got a ATI procharger and I've got no belt squeal. I do however have what sounds and feels like a Boeing 747 engine under my hood.
Old 08-21-2003, 03:42 PM
barnicleboy
Banned

That car squeels like a pig! hehe, Squeel.

I wouldnt trade the natural rumble sound for that, not even if it brought me 400hp. But anyway, car looks nice.
Old 08-21-2003, 03:45 PM
barnicleboy
Banned

Originally posted by Wicked4u2c
Sorry guys I apologize for being a bit harsh. Hey Max, I heard about your bad incident with the pro charger kit.

Let me tell you something, Max's engine blew because it was ***** slapped to high heaven, with all his mods and teenage testosterone. but its unfortunate, and I hope the best turns out.
Old 08-21-2003, 05:36 PM
rouxeny

Bonz, car looks good. Sounds different. I'm still not sure I'm a total believer, but then again, I've only got sound, not the whole experience.

It does sound pretty bad-*** though.

Bonz is definitely NOT an idiot. He's something worse, he's an orthopedic surgeon. All brawn and no brains, as they say.

The obligatory smilie I'm sure you all realize would be redundant.
Old 08-21-2003, 05:39 PM
SHAQMAGIC

I want to give Victor a warning.

Vic you jump on people for lots of things, including someone opening a new thread asking for a comparison on intakes.

You say this thread is closed, go do a search!!!!!!!!!!!
You're not God.

Or something to that effect.

You know what, Vic-Mikey boy not everyone had their Z for ten months. This is a public forum and if someone doesn't feel like searching, that's too bad on YOU or ares or whoever doesn't like it.You can just ignore the new thread, the thread was not rude, insulting or anything to anyone, just a simple question.

Sometimes your age shows, so that's understandable.
However on the positive side, what amazes me is your knowledge of cars for someone so young.

By the way, the thread was not mine, I actuall went back and read EVERY thread on intakes, plenums, popchargers and PM'd two users (including yourselg) to see the opinion on the intakes and other potential mods.

I don't know Wicked and I even had a disagreement with him in another thread, a respectful disagreement.

One more by the way: in detailing a new thread is opened daily asking Dr. Bonz about Zaino and you never threaten to close that and yell, yes YELL at the thread starter to do a search.

Doc usually answers the person and respectfully directs them to another thread or the search function.

So Vic look up the term discretion and add it to your mods as a moderator.
Old 08-21-2003, 06:00 PM
rouxeny

Oops, my bad on the bad-*** comment.

Not thinking straight.
Old 08-21-2003, 07:38 PM
Spencer@AAM

Originally posted by Wicked4u2c
Read the thread correctly guys... I said the belt squeals WHEN YOU START THE CAR. Funny, you say DR Bonz car's doesn't squeal yet he say's other wise...

DR Bonz: "The belt squeal usually goes away after it warms up."

All ATI Pro Charger Squeals, not only have I heard 4 in person.. I have heard others here on the message board talk about it. Spencer, why don't you have one of the 3 people that you know post a video of the car start up from a COLD start. I would love to see that, because they must have a magical kit than cause up to this day everyone's squeal except the Manufactures go figure And im not stupid I know what a supercharger wine is, and the Videos he showed don't show the "squeal" I am talking about, he actually edited that part out which I thought was quite funny
I was standing in front of Del350's Z when it was started for the first time with the procharger on it. No belt squeal. I know what it sounds like and I know what SC whine sounds like. I was also there when Dr. Bonz's Z was started after the install. No belt squeal. And a cold start doesn't get much colder when the car has not been started in 2-3 days. Mike's doesn't squeal either.

Don't know what else to tell you. Not trying to defend anything or anyone here, just haven't heard this mysterious "squeal" you guys are talking about. *shrug*
Old 08-21-2003, 08:10 PM
JRock

I've known AAM and cars they've worked on for about four years now, so that's from when they were in the old shop next to the RR tracks. They were a bit more realistic a place to get mods done back then, especially if you had a Supra or 3000GT.

AAM is a bit over-priced these days. They also like to take their time to order parts and complete work. That said, they're still a decent shop, just pricey and slow. Guess that's what comes with popularity. Or maybe I'm just one of those whistful fools who always yearns for the old days.

Btw, that supercharged Z sounds positively brutal. I love it. Sounds like a jet engine flying by at WOT.

Last edited by JRock; 08-21-2003 at 08:14 PM.
Old 08-22-2003, 12:44 PM
VQ35DES

Dr Bonz, is sounds beutiful!!! That supercharger whine...ahhhhh...It looks like your having a lot of fun.
Old 08-22-2003, 12:54 PM
VQ35DES

Doc, I think I have temporary hearing loss. How long will I have this whine/ring in my ear?

Please post more videos (such as you killing some stang, vette, whatever).
Old 08-22-2003, 03:29 PM
cbsuper

Ouch, the squeal is loud, but the car is fast. Tradeoffs aplenty!
Old 08-22-2003, 05:39 PM
Rama

Grrr I see a brickyard350z with an intercooler in the front and a forcefield of zaino zooming by but I get no sound what gives?

EDIT: Nevermind went to a diff machine near me and WOW and Loud you get props over here. Loved those fly-bys

Last edited by Rama; 08-22-2003 at 05:58 PM.
Old 08-22-2003, 06:09 PM
JRock

Hook it up - more vids! Those two fly-bys are nice but how about some race vids and maybe an in-car vid showing the gauge cluster.
Old 08-25-2003, 03:23 PM
350Zzzz
Professional

Originally posted by cbsuper
......Tradeoffs aplenty!
What does that mean?

G

Quick Reply: Dr Bonz Procharger Videos