Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

My Build: The Good, The Bad & The Progress

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 04:27 PM
eltness350
The Untouchable

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

40 is too cold? lol wow i thought u york guys had thicker skin then that!! jk man...gt30's ftw get my vote!
Old 02-15-2009, 04:32 PM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by carlili4190
i lol'd 40* isnt that bad especially during this winter

edit: great job with the build i enjoy your updates
40 is too cold? lol wow i thought u york guys had thicker skin then that!! jk man...gt30's ftw get my vote!
I'm just sick of seeing my breath while I'm working on my car. I could just pay someone to do this stuff, but I really want to have a working knowledge of my car and participate in the build process.

Next year... heated garage and a lift - FTW!!!
Old 02-15-2009, 06:22 PM
carlili4190

Originally Posted by Cass007
I could just pay someone to do this stuff, but I really want to have a working knowledge of my car and participate in the build process.
yea but if you PAYED someone you would be spending a lot more money then you already are i wish i could do some of the stuff your doing... keep it up and good luck
Old 02-15-2009, 07:20 PM
eltness350
The Untouchable

buy a torpedo heater?!
Old 02-15-2009, 08:10 PM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by eltness350
buy a torpedo heater?!
I looked into it briefly, but thet were costly and I was wondering if it would melt whatever was next to it. I'm thinking an outside woodstove that radiates the heat inside. Lots of wood to burn around my place.
Old 02-15-2009, 09:18 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is the progress going to slow down now due to rape from APS?
Old 02-16-2009, 08:22 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by Jay'Z
Is the progress going to slow down now due to rape from APS?
Progress waits for no man!!! - When I met with the guys at Blouch I inquired about time - 4 days!! I am contacting Mike at Blouch today to confirm drop off tomorrow for the upgrades and what power should be expected. There goes another $1965.00

Install and tuning is still scheduled for the first week of March. I am also trying to make an appontment to have my Stillen front fascia painted prior to assembly so I can put the new front on and have it look pretty right away. Time is getting tight and there is a lot going on at the same time - good thing I don't have to work for a living.
Old 02-16-2009, 08:33 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

Progress waits for no man!!! - When I met with the guys at Blouch I inquired about time - 4 days!! I am contacting Mike at Blouch today to confirm drop off tomorrow for the upgrades and what power should be expected. There goes another $1965.00

Install and tuning is still scheduled for the first week of March. I am also trying to make an appontment to have my Stillen front fascia painted prior to assembly so I can put the new front on and have it look pretty right away. Time is getting tight and there is a lot going on at the same time - good thing I don't have to work for a living.
LMAO, if you dont work how do you pay for your project? Wow, thats 2k in rape from APS!!!!!!!
Old 02-16-2009, 08:38 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by Jay'Z
LMAO, if you dont work how do you pay for your project? Wow, thats 2k in rape from APS!!!!!!!
That is correct!!! My Mom and Dad buy all my mods .

J/K.... I own some restaurants. They have been put on autopilot for a while so I could concentrate on my build. Its slow right now with winter and the economy anyhow. I just do payroll and write some schedules and approve the food orders. Oh, I still have to cut checks for the bills too..... good thing that my build is a complete writeoff on my taxes.......advertizing expense FTW!!!
Old 02-16-2009, 08:43 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

That is correct!!! My Mom and Dad buy all my mods .

J/K.... I own some restaurants. They have been put on autopilot for a while so I could concentrate on my build. Its slow right now with winter and the economy anyhow. I just do payroll and write some schedules and approve the food orders. Oh, I still have to cut checks for the bills too..... good thing that my build is a complete writeoff on my taxes.......advertizing expense FTW!!!
Lollerz @ write off for advertizing food with a Z... Smart man!!!!! Im sure your restaurants will get a **** load of advertising with that tool!! Very smart and the Z will get a **** load of looks...
Old 02-16-2009, 09:02 AM
thom000001

Thats how I roll!!!!! lol

Originally Posted by superchargedg
I like the way you think.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:09 AM
jtgli

Whats the date youre supposed to be getting tuned? I deff would like to roll down and see this, hopefully its just not when I go for spring break. Oh and theres a local shop to me that does pretty decent paint work if youre looking for the stillen bumper to get sprayed.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:14 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Instant power vs 1/2 second later makes all the difference. Not to mention smaller turbos will help get into/stay in boost more during/right after shifts. It's the way to go IMO for 95% of people who want a fast STREET car. I'll recommend the car with the area under the curve, as opposed to the Z with more power from 5000-7000rpm's. Greddy vs Big 850's - and dont laugh at Luie's driving, by this time he had already run 11's on stock block, he was already MUCH better than most at shifting/racing. Both cars here made the same peak power with the same tuners on the same dyno at the same boost! Take it for what it's worth!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gafwal26KU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFr0q...eature=related
Old 02-16-2009, 09:18 AM
thom000001

Thats where the new billet wheels some turbo companies offer come in huge. Its amazing the difference in recovery between shifts with those wheels.

tom

Originally Posted by Alberto
into/stay in boost more during/right after shifts. It's the way to go IMO for 95% of people who want a fast STREET car.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:19 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Skill over relying on technology lol
Old 02-16-2009, 09:22 AM
thom000001

Ha less mass is the key.....Its not a big deal on my setup, my turbos are small. But like SP's shop car with the twin 62's, its amazing the recovery those things have on our "small" motors between shifts.

tom

Skill over relying on technology lol
Old 02-16-2009, 09:58 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Instant power vs 1/2 second later makes all the difference. Not to mention smaller turbos will help get into/stay in boost more during/right after shifts. It's the way to go IMO for 95% of people who want a fast STREET car. I'll recommend the car with the area under the curve, as opposed to the Z with more power from 5000-7000rpm's. Greddy vs Big 850's - and dont laugh at Luie's driving, by this time he had already run 11's on stock block, he was already MUCH better than most at shifting/racing. Both cars here made the same peak power with the same tuners on the same dyno at the same boost! Take it for what it's worth!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gafwal26KU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFr0q...eature=related
Ha less mass is the key.....Its not a big deal on my setup, my turbos are small. But like SP's shop car with the twin 62's, its amazing the recovery those things have on our "small" motors between shifts.
I hear what you guys are saying man, but the EMS I will be running offers the ability to flat shift and hold boost during shifts. From the website:

SOFTWARE:

Launch Control (two step rev limiter based on vehicle speed).
Flatshift (change gears without clutch at WOT using standard gearbox).
Antilag (keep turbocharger on boost during gear changes) with turbo cooldown function

I will be posting on the EMS shortly, just waiting for all this turbo mess to die down. Besides, how will I ever have a chance to keep up with you if you can out hp me on the top end?
Old 02-16-2009, 10:08 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by jtgli
Whats the date youre supposed to be getting tuned? I deff would like to roll down and see this, hopefully its just not when I go for spring break. Oh and theres a local shop to me that does pretty decent paint work if youre looking for the stillen bumper to get sprayed.
Sent you a text message for the shop info Jon. Are we still hitting up the car show this weekend? Let me know the details ASAP.

I am planning for the car to go to Hill Garage on March 2nd. Two days for the turbos and motor swap and another day or two for the meth, coilovers, alignment, rear diff and to make the wiring and hoses look pretty. Thursday or Friday Dave from F:T will come up with the EMS and get it wired and we will start her up for the first time.

Tuning will begin on the ride to F:T as per Dave. Road tuning for driveabilty in everyday conditions first, then up on the heartbreaker and we get down to business, Dave has a method to break in the motor on the dyno, so there will be only a single map and tune. The EMS will recognize when the meth turns on and make all the adjustments needed for boost and fuel. In theory, I will leave F:T with the car ready to make full power.

That is the plan..... however, the plan seems to be changing daily as of late. The only constant is that it always gets more expensive.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:43 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

It sure will be nice to have another 700whp Z in the Mid-A. When it's all said and done, we will have to meet up and youtube it
Old 02-16-2009, 11:13 AM
jtgli

It sure will be nice to have another 700whp Z in the Mid-A. When it's all said and done, we will have to meet up and youtube it
Give it till December and there will be another one as well

Quick Reply: My Build: The Good, The Bad & The Progress