Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

My Build: The Good, The Bad & The Progress

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 07:05 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BlinkerFluid
Dang, I'm gonna have to check this out when I get home. I'm right up the road in Dillsburg.

So I'm not the only built APS TT car in the area, cool!

I only thought there was just one other Greddy TT car, now all of the sudden there are a bunch of FI cars around.

I don't know if I can hang with you 700HP+ guys in the G, but I can always bust the GSX out for a run or two.
Definately hit me up when you get home. I think there are 4 or 5 of us in the southern PA area now who are boosting, we can have a few mini meets this summer .

I want to see if my Yamaha R1 can pull my Z from a roll, I'll wait for my brother to come visit, he used to race bikes so I know he will give it all its got.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:09 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by thefireboy
maybe you should bring it down a few days before so you can definately get it done. ita must.. dont you think. by the way it was goot meeting you this weekend..
Good meeting you as well. I am trying to find a solution right now.

BTW any of our people win or place in the show??
Old 02-23-2009, 08:42 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

My tags have been suspended since last November in the Z lol

My tags actually expire next month. After fixing this mess with the MVA I will be applying for the tag Ive always wanted but didnt feel was quick enough...till now

NSTAG8R
Old 02-23-2009, 09:25 AM
rrmedicx

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Alberto

My tags actually expire next month. After fixing this mess with the MVA I will be applying for the tag Ive always wanted but didnt feel was quick enough...till now

NSTAG8R
You do have a dark side Al. LOL
Old 02-23-2009, 09:27 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Car was in the shop when it needed emissions, I forgot to send a letter, blah blah I'll straighten it out soon enough. Car is dead for winter anwyays...
Old 02-23-2009, 11:27 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by Alberto

NSTAG8R
Nice!! I haven't seen that one before .
Old 02-23-2009, 02:48 PM
BlinkerFluid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cass007
Definately hit me up when you get home. I think there are 4 or 5 of us in the southern PA area now who are boosting, we can have a few mini meets this summer .

I want to see if my Yamaha R1 can pull my Z from a roll, I'll wait for my brother to come visit, he used to race bikes so I know he will give it all its got.

Will do, too bad I'm not around to help out. I'd more than willing and capable to help out on everything from the turbo kit removal to the engine installation. I'll send you a PM with links to my two project cars. If you've been in the York area for long, it's very possible that you have heard about/seen the Eclipse. I've been in with the DSM guys for almost a decade, I'm just starting to meet the local VQ35 crowd.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:25 PM
Blck350z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wish i didn't total my TT Z.... oh well i just got an 08, i feel another project coming on haha.... def taking a ride in your z though!!
Old 02-23-2009, 05:36 PM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by Blck350z
Wish i didn't total my TT Z.... oh well i just got an 08, i feel another project coming on haha.... def taking a ride in your z though!!
Congrats on your purchase man, I definately see another project in your future soon..... once you've tasted boost, NA will never satisfy you.

Turns out we have some friends in common, I was at the Motorama this weekend with my brother-in-law for tuner wars and he ran into his sister (Tina) and other brother-in-law (Mike), they are members of Team No Limit and said you are a member as well. Mike's car is sick - I wonder if he won anything? Tina gave me a few names for some custom audio and interior work I am considering and also said that Mike may be able to help me get into some shows if I wanted to do any of that (the show at Ocean City MD.). Anyway, I look forward to meeting you in person shortly and we can swap rides in each others new toys.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:03 PM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Default Misc Pieces of the Puzzle

Just a brief update - I got the bumper back off this weekend and it is going to paint tomorrow. It seems that painting the engine bay will not be happening unless I really get creative, but time is tight and I'm not sure I can pull it off, plus I would have to paint it myself and I've never painted anything before.

I was doing some research and decided to purchase a Fumoto drain valve for my APS pan so I would not run the risk of stripping the plug at some point. Thanks to rcdash and coachk for the idea and the links to order along with thread pitch and size. I found it here:

https://my350z.com/forum/forced-indu...-stripped.html

I also decided to do some prep work for the audio install (subs and amp) so I used this thread to see how to uninstall the factory sub mounting bracket - thanks whitecel:

https://my350z.com/forum/audio-video...vers-seat.html

Awesome write up and completely true, it was a PITA removing the bolts closest to the console. I am hoping to at least rough in some of the wiring for the amp while the motor is out and the dash is apart for the EDFC and Meth control install (they are going in the cubby). I just downloaded the installation instructions for the amp and realize that as usual I have no idea WTF I am doing. More research I guess...

Frank texted me today that he has set up the flatbed to come pick my car up at my house on Sunday and have it brought to his shop, for the extra $100 in expense it is very worth not having all the hassle of trying to load it on the trailer myself again. I should have lots of pics coming soon as things start to happen over the next week or so.....

ONE WEEK TILL INSTALL
Old 02-23-2009, 07:23 PM
eltness350
The Untouchable

awwww snap!!! go time!! time to put in work!!
Old 02-23-2009, 07:28 PM
Cass007
350Z-holic

TO THE MOD OR ADMIN THAT IS TURNING OFF MY AVATAR - YOU COULD AT LEAST SEND ME A PM TO NOTIFY ME THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THE HILL'S GARAGE LOGO, I DO PAY MEMBERSHIP DUES AFTER ALL
Old 02-24-2009, 06:34 AM
jtgli

My buddies black 300zx I showed you chris took home some prize but I forget what it was for. Like top 13 or something like that?

BTW I stole your idea of the red valve covers. Sorry : ( I'll post pics later tonight or tomorrow.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:57 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic

My Build: The Good, The Bad & The Progress-hills-garage-final-.jpg

Here is the avatar that keeps getting deleted - for the admin.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:30 PM
Cass007
350Z-holic

I bought some dress-up conduit for the engine bay today. This was the best stuff I could find that looked like what I wanted:

http://cableorganizer.com/convoshield/

My Build: The Good, The Bad & The Progress-chrome-convulated-engine2.jpg My Build: The Good, The Bad & The Progress-lexus-pic-s.jpg

The only problem is that it only comes in diameters up to 3/4" and I needed some 1" conduit as well, so I ended up trying some of this from the same place:

http://cableorganizer.com/thermo-flex/

My Build: The Good, The Bad & The Progress-thermo-flex-colors-lg.jpg

I got it in red since I am worried about too many shades of blue. Total conduit cost - $168.25 - I got a bunch of stuff though.

I also heard from Mike Blouch today and he said my turbos are finished and ready for pickup. He thanked me for being the first APS 350Z Garrett conversion customer and threw in some free porting on the housings to help me get a bit faster spool. Great customer service from those guys. He showed me around the shop a bit and I got this pic of all the turbos waiting on rebuilds:

My Build: The Good, The Bad & The Progress-img129.jpg My Build: The Good, The Bad & The Progress-img130.jpg

The turbos on the floor were all for upgrades to various 911 turbos - very nice. Anyway, I will pick them up tomorrow and start taking things to Frank ASAP. Turbo upgrades plus two new coolant lines and tax - $2300 ish - price may vary since I got a few things for free.

On a separate note, as you can see my sig and now my avatar for Hill's Garage has been deleted by mods since he is not a sponsor on my350z.com. I was notified about the sig and I understand that business is business, but removing my avatar without even sending me a PM is just rude and rediculous. I see some others with shops in their sig that are not sponsors, so I wonder if this is a certain shop/sponsor trying to keep Frank down or if its just that I am being singled out. I am in contact with an admin now and hope to at least have an explanation as to why this happened.

Last edited by Cass007; 02-24-2009 at 01:06 PM.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:39 PM
Cass007
350Z-holic

- I just realized that Nick (thefireboy) got his posts deleted and is banned again - hopefully see you in 30 days or so man.

My buddies black 300zx I showed you chris took home some prize but I forget what it was for. Like top 13 or something like that?
I am glad to hear that Justin (RedlineDesign) won best graphics and another Z won something. Our guys had some of the best looking rides at that show and certainly we were many of the fastest cars there by far....shouldn't that count for something ?

Last edited by Cass007; 02-24-2009 at 01:07 PM.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:08 PM
terps

Cass, apparently you can rep parts. frank hill y pipe, frank hill turbo, frank hill bcs, frank hill axel. it aint against forums rules, id do it, its gotta get annoying. Frank hill blood, sweat and tears?, you get the point.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:15 PM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by terps
Cass, apparently you can rep parts. frank hill y pipe, frank hill turbo, frank hill bcs, frank hill axel. it aint against forums rules, id do it, its gotta get annoying. Frank hill blood, sweat and tears?, you get the point.
- I hear ya - I think I may be able to work with that. I'm hoping for an explanation of some type in the next day or so.
Old 02-25-2009, 08:39 AM
Driven1
Professional

The explanation is......Frank Hill is an EX AAM employee and The ONLY reason most went there quite frankly (no pun intended). He's one of the top tech's in the area when it comes to the aftermarket and custom work.

He is now directly competing with AAM's business locally. Due to this and the fact he isn't a "sponsor" of this site and AAM is.

NO ONE EVER said anything about my Fresh Designs stuff when I had it on here...NO ONE. But they aren't ex employees of a site sponsor and directly competing with them.

You can see where Im going with it.

Any questions?

Edit: Fireboy kept putting it in his Sig and thus got banned for it.

Last edited by Driven1; 02-25-2009 at 08:43 AM.
Old 02-25-2009, 08:53 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic

^^^ I'm buying what your selling Robbie - I have received a few PMs from Mid-A members on the subject as well. I just feel that as a paying member I deserved better than to just have my avatar deleted without an explanation as to who/what is responsible. I am not a child and do not enjoy being treated as one.

I hope to meet up with you at F:T later next week if all goes smoothly.

Quick Reply: My Build: The Good, The Bad & The Progress