Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

ATI PROCHARGER plus other goodies, She's FINALLY done!! Almost...

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2003 | 11:10 AM
DIGItonium

ahH!!!!! What are YOU doing with my wheels!??!?!!? AHH!!!!!

EHeheheh... those are the same wheels VQracer suggested, and I'm still in love with them.

Well... at least I get to see how it looks on the Z. Not bad at all... :-D

BTW... how much did you get the wheels? The distributer quoted about $2600 all together. Can I get those same wheels with the gunmetal looking spokes?
Old 08-26-2003 | 07:55 PM
rouxeny

wow, looks nice.

I'm going to have to do some serious work to my car after I get it to Hawaii.
Old 08-26-2003 | 10:54 PM
shiva

Default shine

what products do you use to polish your car?
Old 08-27-2003 | 06:13 AM
jetjammer

Thanks for all the comments. I'll try to answer all the questions.

zland- You're correct. These huge tires provide plenty of grip & the Procharger provides more than enough power to break them loose when you want to.

ravaz- Still some tuning to be done. New pully by next week, then I'll post my Dynos. Around 375 right now.

Zaphod 350z & ZLuva- I'll consider the bezel idea, thanks for the suggestion. These mirrors will be for shows only though. They're too small (poor visiblity) for daily use. The stock brakes are outta here! Custom painted calipers on my Rotoras are being installed this week.

djkern- I thought the headlight covers might be too much and thought they would be for the show only. They're starting to grow on me though...

elektrik_juggernaut- Haven't decided on the "Bling" thing yet. Assuming performance is the same, I kinda like the "attitude" of Doug's plenum. There's another show in December. I'll decide by then. Right now I'm thinking $ should go into suspension and tuning (i.e. ECU and/or piggyback). Sponsorship sure would be nice. Although I want to build a beautiful car, I'm committed to more GO than show.

GaryK- Oh yeah, you can count on it. I'll have to learn to resist temptation. Maybe now I'll be able to run with some of the BIG DOG Hondas out here. Speaking of dogs, I've got a couple of bones to pick with a few Mustangs and a Vette. The fuel pump was out due to some last minute tuning during the show.

cbsuper- Someone from this board already asked me about the cams. I'll keep you in mind if they don't want them. But to tell you the truth, Shipping from Hawaii would probably be too expensive. Get ahold of Jeff @ Performance Nissan for the best price. I may still install them if the dealers out here can remove their heads from their okoles.

djtonium- $2600 isn't bad. Who is your distributer? They're only available in 2 colors. Burning Black & a "hyper" silver. But be forewarned, the centercaps are ugly IMO. Try to picture a gold color like at a "Gold by the Foot" kiosk at the mall.

rouxeny- Thanks. Save yourself a little time and $, take care of the Z before you get here. Need any help with anything? I can send you a Sunday paper if you can't get one out there.

shivak- Revolution took care of the car for the show. I use the highly controversial "wonder stuff" from wicked4u2c. It works/looks great for me.

fdao sent me a few more pics, but for some reason I can't post them from this location. I'll get them up from home later...

Last edited by jetjammer; 08-27-2003 at 06:26 AM.
Old 08-27-2003 | 07:32 AM
djkern
Banned

the headlight covers do grow on you. at first....i didn't like. but, they look good on your car. the dark color cars, it will look good. i saw it on white and it looked horrible. but, it makes your car look even more like a 911 or 996!
Old 08-27-2003 | 09:55 AM
Z Monster

Hi, who tuned your FMU over there and did they use a wide band O2 on road or on dyno? Thanks. Your car is cherry.
Old 08-27-2003 | 10:45 AM
jetjammer

Originally posted by Z Monster
Hi, who tuned your FMU over there and did they use a wide band O2 on road or on dyno? Thanks. Your car is cherry.
Thanks for the compliment. Actually I like to think of it as "black cherry"

It was tuned by House of Boost on the road. They were brought in as a special favor and to train/consult with Revolution Motorsports on future installs of Procharger systems.

Here are a few more pics compliments of fdao. Mahalo Frank!
Attached Thumbnails ATI PROCHARGER plus other goodies, She's FINALLY  done!!   Almost...-engine-bay2.jpg  

Last edited by jetjammer; 08-27-2003 at 10:58 AM.
Old 08-27-2003 | 10:49 AM
jetjammer

Close-up
Attached Thumbnails ATI PROCHARGER plus other goodies, She's FINALLY  done!!   Almost...-light-cover.jpg  
Old 08-27-2003 | 10:53 AM
jetjammer

I had black part painted. Didn't want to be accused of copying Doc.
Attached Thumbnails ATI PROCHARGER plus other goodies, She's FINALLY  done!!   Almost...-my-z-emblem.jpg  
Old 08-27-2003 | 10:54 AM
jetjammer

Last one, for now. Fat/Phat rear wheel.
Attached Thumbnails ATI PROCHARGER plus other goodies, She's FINALLY  done!!   Almost...-fat-rear-wheel.jpg  
Old 08-27-2003 | 04:36 PM
C Ray Z

Thumbs up What are you running for Offsets on your wheels?

Jet, I am looking to go with the same size wheels and tires. Offsets are critical. What are you running. Your help and experiences are appreciated.
Old 08-27-2003 | 04:50 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19
Premier Member

Are you kidding? I would be PROUD to say that your car copied mine. It is REALLY lookin' good Thom! Congrats!
Old 08-27-2003 | 04:52 PM
jetjammer

Default Re: What are you running for Offsets on your wheels?

Originally posted by C Ray Z
Jet, I am looking to go with the same size wheels and tires. Offsets are critical. What are you running. Your help and experiences are appreciated.
These wheels are +30mm all the way around. Pretty much the same fit as my Volks 8.5/9.5 wheels were.
Old 08-28-2003 | 07:39 AM
ktown z

Jetjammer in an earlier post you stated that they polished your intercooler. I thought the FMIC came polished from ATI.
Old 08-28-2003 | 11:49 AM
jetjammer

Originally posted by Dr Bonz
Are you kidding? I would be PROUD to say that your car copied mine. It is REALLY lookin' good Thom! Congrats!
Yeah I was j/k. Thanks for the compliment Doc! That's huge coming from you.

ktown z- It does come "polished" but it wasn't as polished as it is now. It shines proudly! Where is ktown?

Originally posted by jetjammer
These wheels are +30mm all the way around. Pretty much the same fit as my Volks 8.5/9.5 wheels were.
C RayZ- Just to clarify, those were Volk TE37s w/+22mm all the way around.
Old 09-12-2003 | 11:00 AM
mcduck

Just curious... what sort of time/price did the dealership quote you on the Nismo cam install?
Old 09-12-2003 | 12:47 PM
ZZtopp

Jetjammer,

Where did you get those headlight covers?? I like.
Old 09-06-2005 | 08:18 AM
punish_her

hey jet, you on Oahu?

Looking at getting my cams/ springs installed and z tuned with the 9 lb pulley. Still need a reflash with rev limit raised and idle bumped to 850. Revolution motorsports you say, and did they do that with the aeromotive unit. Vokamon doesn't like working with it and wants me to buy EU for the fine tune. Will be doing my install in about 2 weeks. Got an **** load of question, you got your boys contact number over there?

Right now mine is more go than show. Once the engine is done or other sponsors cough up more money then I'll work on the show part.

Thanks
Old 09-06-2005 | 08:37 AM
redline350ZZ

ALOHA.......Nice to see another Hawaii Mod'ed Z

By the way do you have ur RECON?????? LOL

Cause I dont.....