Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Greddy 18G Twin Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2008 | 09:21 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by NETSHARK
No need to worry about the injectors now if u wanna run a low boost setup and Yes the Kit will fit your car, just keep in mind that you have to worry about the Tune now first thing to do at least get a UTEC or any good EMS and sell that Blue E-Manage don`t even think about running with it :/ second thing i see that there`s no problem to stick with GReddy Twin 18G although theres good Kits are out now like GTM for Example but the problem is not the kit or the Engine the problem is the Transmission before even thinking that u`ll maxout the Turbo`s and to think how much ur engine can take, the built transmission limits is 550-600 WHP i don`t think that the GReddy can`t run that, ok one more thing about the engine Get a good 9.0 Compression Pistons such as Arias Extreme not 8.5 doing it will net you more power off boost and will give u more WHP per PSI.
Your transmission info is not correct. SGP's built trans are built for 700+ whp. There are a few on here with those numbers.
Old 12-29-2008 | 12:12 PM
SmallTuner

No need to worry about the injectors now if u wanna run a low boost setup and Yes the Kit will fit your car, just keep in mind that you have to worry about the Tune now first thing to do at least get a UTEC or any good EMS and sell that Blue E-Manage don`t even think about running with it :/ second thing i see that there`s no problem to stick with GReddy Twin 18G although theres good Kits are out now like GTM for Example but the problem is not the kit or the Engine the problem is the Transmission before even thinking that u`ll maxout the Turbo`s and to think how much ur engine can take, the built transmission limits is 550-600 WHP i don`t think that the GReddy can`t run that, ok one more thing about the engine Get a good 9.0 Compression Pistons such as Arias Extreme not 8.5 doing it will net you more power off boost and will give u more WHP per PSI.
mmmmmmmmm
i run the blue e-manage befor on my car more then one year with no problems !!!!!!!!!!!!

why did u say that about it ??? its good but its not the best.....

if the guy wants 5 -7 psi the e-manage will work just fine
Old 12-29-2008 | 12:30 PM
SmallTuner

Originally Posted by XKR
Your transmission info is not correct. SGP's built trans are built for 700+ whp. There are a few on here with those numbers.
yep
but where is mark now ??? is SGP still working ?
Old 12-29-2008 | 01:45 PM
NETSHARK

Originally Posted by XKR
Highest i saw is the GTM 600 WHP and the guys didn`t believe it when Sam made a post about it and said his goal is 600+ WHP untill the last moment he posted the dyno sheet after facing some problems with the APS TT then they believed him after they saw the dyno sheet ok can you show me the link to the Dyno Sheet plz maybe i`ve missed this Post about the 700 RWHP :/

Originally Posted by SmallTuner
mmmmmmmmm
i run the blue e-manage befor on my car more then one year with no problems !!!!!!!!!!!!

why did u say that about it ??? its good but its not the best.....

if the guy wants 5 -7 psi the e-manage will work just fine
Don`t lie to yourself but the E-Manage Blue is nothing but a BS !! lets face it

the last thing the guy want is a fried Ignition Coil right ? u were lucky u survived seems that u run ur car 5 times a year thats why it didn`t fry the Ignition Coil
Old 12-29-2008 | 04:38 PM
XKR

yep
but where is mark now ??? is SGP still working ?
Well...his door is till open...he just finished a built transmission for a member on here....

Highest i saw is the GTM 600 WHP and the guys didn`t believe it when Sam made a post about it and said his goal is 600+ WHP untill the last moment he posted the dyno sheet after facing some problems with the APS TT then they believed him after they saw the dyno sheet ok can you show me the link to the Dyno Sheet plz maybe i`ve missed this Post about the 700 RWHP :/

Guy...read the SGP thread...there is a member in this thread that is getting a 700+whp built transmission....Its a known fact that SGP's trans are rated to a higher whp than GTM's. Do a search...all the info on this has already been discussed. SGP states that they will warranty their built transmissions to 800whp

Originally Posted by mrg1981
I also think their products are more proven on our platform. I have already topped 693 WHP on the high boost tune and with the new TC it is faster than I imagined it could be. I still need to dyno with the re-tune and the new TC, so we'll see what this transmission can put to the wheels.
Here is a post from "mrg1981" PM him if you need more info...also "RudeG"....both of these guys are running way over the limit you said the transmissions had.

Last edited by XKR; 12-29-2008 at 05:19 PM.
Old 12-29-2008 | 05:14 PM
BaZooKa

Thnx guys for all the info ,, when i finish my setup ill open a thread telling the goods and the bads

The reason i want the greddy cuz alot of people had it since years ,, i heard some guy with 100,000 miles on the greddy setup ,, and everything is still good ,, plus it will achieve my 500whp goal and they are good for 700whp just incase i got addicted to boost ,, my setup will take long cuz of the shipping time to kuwait

and thnx again
Old 12-29-2008 | 10:33 PM
SmallTuner

Don`t lie to yourself but the E-Manage Blue is nothing but a BS !! lets face it

the last thing the guy want is a fried Ignition Coil right ? u were lucky u survived seems that u run ur car 5 times a year thats why it didn`t fry the Ignition Coil
hahahaha your one of the guys that just read and read and read to Death
without any Knowledge or experience.

did u install it befor !??!??!?! or did u tune it ??? no !!

i never ever fried my Coils and for ur info,i TT my car befor even E-manage ultimate and Utec cam out to market.

so plz dont tell me it fried Ignition Coil, i knew that befor i have the kit in early 2004.

and u can AVOID that issue if u have the experience to do it your self.
Old 12-29-2008 | 10:52 PM
SmallTuner

good info

Originally Posted by XKR
Well...his door is till open...he just finished a built transmission for a member on here....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrg1981
I also think their products are more proven on our platform. I have already topped 693 WHP on the high boost tune and with the new TC it is faster than I imagined it could be. I still need to dyno with the re-tune and the new TC, so we'll see what this transmission can put to the wheels.

Guy...read the SGP thread...there is a member in this thread that is getting a 700+whp built transmission....Its a known fact that SGP's trans are rated to a higher whp than GTM's. Do a search...all the info on this has already been discussed. SGP states that they will warranty their built transmissions to 800whp

Here is a post from "mrg1981" PM him if you need more info...also "RudeG"....both of these guys are running way over the limit you said the transmissions had.

Last edited by SmallTuner; 12-29-2008 at 10:58 PM. Reason: i was wrong
Old 12-30-2008 | 03:08 AM
NETSHARK

XKR Thanks for the info man appreciate it, saw this thread it got so many pages didn`t read it until the end but will do now so anyone is up for a big power on 5AT the 18G GReddy kit is ain`t enough for it right ?

hahahaha your one of the guys that just read and read and read to Death
without any Knowledge or experience.

did u install it befor !??!??!?! or did u tune it ??? no !!

i never ever fried my Coils and for ur info,i TT my car befor even E-manage ultimate and Utec cam out to market.

so plz dont tell me it fried Ignition Coil, i knew that befor i have the kit in early 2004.

and u can AVOID that issue if u have the experience to do it your self.
I know u can put a diode to avoid this issue, GReddy now do it on the PnP Harness, the main issue was keeping the ignition on for longer time without starting the car, ok man ur the Top Tuner Here !!! why did u order the Haltech why ur not using the Blue E-Manage until now ? why did u buy UTEC to try it ? if u were happy with the Blue tell me why did u remove it ? don`t tell me i want more power WTF ? wanna backup your words about the E-Manage Blue keep it running then say something, ok i read alot and alot to death did i say something wrong here ? seems ur the only guy in the word who`s happy with the Emanage Blue because u don`t chill out with ur car only from the Garage to the Dyno then the car will be parked in ur house, seems ur enjoying life man

Ok BaZooKa take the advice from the Top Tuner here use the E-Manage Blue its the best **** out there
Old 12-30-2008 | 05:06 AM
SmallTuner

first, i didnt say that im a top tuner ok !!!
second, tuning is not a problem for me cuz i know how to tune VQs verywell
i dont haveto prove it,

NETSHAR if BAZOOKA dont have the money to get the UTEC from the first time and he wana install the kit. what should u do???
r u going to tell him wait dont install it ????

with the blue E-manage 5.5 psi is nothing, u dont have to pull timing for it to tune it so we just have to make a new map and scale the injectors and tune it to 11.7 AFR and thats it. ok so he will not gonna use the ignition timming harness wich means there will be no issue.

so what do u think ??? is it worth it to get the utec for 5.5 psi stock engine ???

if some one plan on going 8 psi or more then yes get the utec or haltech

NETSHARK i run a car with 7 psi without pulling timing, and it workd just fine without any knock, the only thing i did is retune the fuel map, and add a fuel pump.

XKR Thanks for the info man appreciate it, saw this thread it got so many pages didn`t read it until the end but will do now so anyone is up for a big power on 5AT the 18G GReddy kit is ain`t enough for it right ?

I know u can put a diode to avoid this issue, GReddy now do it on the PnP Harness, the main issue was keeping the ignition on for longer time without starting the car, ok man ur the Top Tuner Here !!! why did u order the Haltech why ur not using the Blue E-Manage until now ? why did u buy UTEC to try it ? if u were happy with the Blue tell me why did u remove it ? don`t tell me i want more power WTF ? wanna backup your words about the E-Manage Blue keep it running then say something, ok i read alot and alot to death did i say something wrong here ? seems ur the only guy in the word who`s happy with the Emanage Blue because u don`t chill out with ur car only from the Garage to the Dyno then the car will be parked in ur house, seems ur enjoying life man

Ok BaZooKa take the advice from the Top Tuner here use the E-Manage Blue its the best **** out there
Old 12-30-2008 | 05:20 AM
SmallTuner

NETSHARK, hehehehehe u make me looooled To Death

i dont have time for my car cuz im studing out the country.

so dont talk about my car if u dont know any SH** about my life.

im working on my master dgree so for now the car is not the first thing ill think of.

the last car i workd on is ready ill make a new thread to let u feel better

goodluck
Old 12-30-2008 | 05:28 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Greddy 18G Twin Turbo-18402490d20a5e255b.jpg

A throwdown in the desert half the world away - only on my350z.com

Its the middle east version of Julian vs. any other shop - now which one is Julian??
Old 12-30-2008 | 05:41 AM
SmallTuner

Originally Posted by Cass007
Attachment 220714

Its the middle east version of Julian vs. any other shop - now which one is Julian??
looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
Wahahahahaha

no no maaaaaan

me and NETSHARK still brothers

Difference of opinion is a normal thing in life

NITSHARK Zein Chthey Gamaw yet6anzoon 3alinnah :P ehehehehehe

Last edited by SmallTuner; 12-30-2008 at 05:48 AM.
Old 12-30-2008 | 06:02 AM
NETSHARK

NETSHARK, hehehehehe u make me looooled To Death

i dont have time for my car cuz im studing out the country.

so dont talk about my car if u dont know any SH** about my life.

im working on my master dgree so for now the car is not the first thing ill think of.

the last car i workd on is ready ill make a new thread to let u feel better

goodluck
Ok then don`t say a **** about a daily driven cars you might say something about parked cars that`s okay i will not run without pulling timing i`ll prove to the whole world that am a un-experienced tuner if i did that BTW it will cost him more to run the E-Blue than a used UTEC in the long run what do you think ? the AutoSport Harness alone is around 300 bucks and if he wanna get the PnP GReddy Harness am not so sure if it will fit the E-Blue because both the E-Blue and the Ultimate are different on the Connector side but he can change the pins and do it ok lets say it costs 180 USD and the Support tool will cost 120 which equals to 300 now what if he sold the E-Manage Blue and brought a used UTEC isn`t this more reliable than running without touching the timing ? ok if he wanna just move the car and move it around its possible to run the car but its impossible to have fun with the gas pedal, one more thing no need to prove anything to me nor anybody i feel ur enthusiasm about the Z but i just can not believe that a Experienced Tuner says run the car without touching the Timing specially on a NA Turboed Car

Good Luck with Your Piano Degree

Originally Posted by Cass007
Attachment 220714

LOOOOL Not Me of course !! but believe me there`s a Julian copy everywhere
Old 12-30-2008 | 06:23 AM
SmallTuner

NETSHARK !!! man
how much timing are u going to pull from a 5.5 psi !!!!!!!!!!!!

1 or 2 Degs ??????????? 6.5 psi another 1 or 2, and 7.5 another 1 degree so a total of 11 dgree retard for 14 psi !!!!!! that is 11dgree for just 1 bar, are u sure ???? 1 or 2 Degree per psi

if the car is not knocking and ur TRQ curve is smooth, why shold u pull timing ???
specially if ur smoothing/F is 0 in the Dyno Graph.

in that case Greddy ppl are allso un-experienced tuners if they sell u a kit that will run safe on ur car for 5.5 psi out of the box???? are they lieing ? or
are they un-experienced tuners who made that map ?

the greddy map in some cars is rich and in some cars lean, so u just need to retune the fuel

u can call them and ask them your self

Last edited by SmallTuner; 12-30-2008 at 06:31 AM.
Old 12-30-2008 | 06:53 AM
SmallTuner

Hey NETSHARK

its better if we stop

dont think bad things about me cuz i really Respect u walla, u are one of the guys that know so much about this car. and I look forward to meet you.

its just that i really love to talk with ppl like u with Different opinions

so plz no hard feelings
Old 12-30-2008 | 06:58 AM
NETSHARK

Everybody knows the GReddy Kit isn`t complete at all, they didn`t even include a Fuel Pump and this is a necessary thing even if ur running 5 PSI, u always want to be on the safe side when **** happens, anyway the E-Manage they included was a temporary solution believe me if there was another options that time GReddy won`t release it, some people are with low budget yeah they run the E-Manage but guess what with the MAP Sensor and the Timing Harness and they still face some problems because the stock ECU is always trying to over ride things, there`s lots of things involved with the Timning Change the Weather Change Elevation and lots of stuff type of fuel etc etc so the timing isn`t always the same on the stock ECU, the Piggyback will pull timing the old style + - thingy what if it pulled too much u`ll get less power what if the timing got advanced a couple of degrees you will get knock until in the long run the pistons one day will pop out and says High Five Daddy i`m not trying to tell u things u know before just wanted to explain why piggyback sucks when compared to standalone style timing , the UTEC will suck too if the weather changed and the A/F Ratio will drift a little bit but still its more better than the Piggyback + - little bit safer.

am gonna lie to you if i told u i know how to tune a boosted car but i know the idea about tuning an NA car, i`ll do more research when my tuning party starts.

Yeah we`re still brotherZ

Edit:
No Problemo Dude we will meet one day inshallah me too i respect u/ur way of thinking anyway the budget will always be the limiting factor :1 same story goes with me otherwise u should see me boosted right now :/ i`d like to wait years and add more safety stuff than enjoying for months then be sorry but thats my way of thinking, my goals is the same as BaZooKa first nearly 380-400 WHP then built it and enjoy the 500 WHP on a 5AT :`( no hard feelings AT guys but i wish the stick was around that time

Last edited by NETSHARK; 12-30-2008 at 07:12 AM.
Old 12-30-2008 | 07:19 AM
SmallTuner

Everybody knows the GReddy Kit isn`t complete at all, they didn`t even include a Fuel Pump and this is a necessary thing even if ur running 5 PSI, u always want to be on the safe side when **** happens, anyway the E-Manage they included was a temporary solution believe me if there was another options that time GReddy won`t release it, some people are with low budget yeah they run the E-Manage but guess what with the MAP Sensor and the Timing Harness and they still face some problems because the stock ECU is always trying to over ride things, there`s lots of things involved with the Timning Change the Weather Change Elevation and lots of stuff type of fuel etc etc so the timing isn`t always the same on the stock ECU, the Piggyback will pull timing the old style + - thingy what if it pulled too much u`ll get less power what if the timing got advanced a couple of degrees you will get knock until in the long run the pistons one day will pop out and says High Five Daddy i`m not trying to tell u things u know before just wanted to explain why piggyback sucks when compared to standalone style timing , the UTEC will suck too if the weather changed and the A/F Ratio will drift a little bit but still its more better than the Piggyback + - little bit safer.

am gonna lie to you if i told u i know how to tune a boosted car but i know the idea about tuning an NA car, i`ll do more research when my tuning party starts.

Yeah we`re still brotherZ

i agree with u

but what i like to say here is, some ppl just have the money to buy the kit and ship it, after that they tune.

not every one here has the cash to do like what we did, so many parts we buy, fuel system BFV injectors, boos controllers, EMS, and much much more.

the engine internals is another story. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

do u know that the GTM gonna be the 3rd kit on my motor !!

so we have to give the new guys Another solution.

u can see here in the forums every body is talking about 500+whp parts,

no one is talking about the guys with the samll budget, they just wana run low boost and be safe.

Old 12-30-2008 | 08:59 AM
BaZooKa

ana ta7asaft laish ma5eth 5AT ,, oo ga3ed atkalam bel3arabii 3ashan ayfehmoon :P bas walla ga3ed afaker enee a7awelhaa gair 3adee ,, adree enaa wayed meshakil oo 5arabat ,, bas ga3ed adawer wa7ed ya'6be6lee eyahaa oo ya36eenee 1 year warranty ,, shraykum ? etha legait wa7ed '6amen she'3laa oo ya36eenee kafalaa sena ,, a7awelhaa ? oo etha et3arfoon a7ad gooloolee ,,

ham fakart enaa abee3haa oo ashteree gair 3adee oo a7i6 my mods 3alaihaa ,, bas wayed a7ib sartee oo ma5eth-haa wekalaa model 2007 ( 3ind america 2006) 7aram abee3aa ,, + wayed em7afe'6 3ala el da5ela oo el 5arejeyaa ,, fa ma agdar abee3haa kilish ..

appreciate ur help
Old 12-30-2008 | 10:08 AM
ttg35fort
Professional
Premier Member

Originally Posted by BaZooKa
ana ta7asaft laish ma5eth 5AT ,, oo ga3ed atkalam bel3arabii 3ashan ayfehmoon :P bas walla ga3ed afaker enee a7awelhaa gair 3adee ,, adree enaa wayed meshakil oo 5arabat ,, bas ga3ed adawer wa7ed ya'6be6lee eyahaa oo ya36eenee 1 year warranty ,, shraykum ? etha legait wa7ed '6amen she'3laa oo ya36eenee kafalaa sena ,, a7awelhaa ? oo etha et3arfoon a7ad gooloolee ,,

ham fakart enaa abee3haa oo ashteree gair 3adee oo a7i6 my mods 3alaihaa ,, bas wayed a7ib sartee oo ma5eth-haa wekalaa model 2007 ( 3ind america 2006) 7aram abee3aa ,, + wayed em7afe'6 3ala el da5ela oo el 5arejeyaa ,, fa ma agdar abee3haa kilish ..

appreciate ur help
I'd try to help, but first I need to learn to read Arabic

Is it Arabic?

Anyway, good luck with everything.

Quick Reply: Greddy 18G Twin Turbo