Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Turbo LS2??

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 11:02 AM
SnyperZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by binder
why don't we settle this fight and both of you sign your cars over to me. i think that's a fair fix to who has the faster car. If i have both, then i'll have a faster car either way! lol

haha no fight even though he seems to be taking it that way. I had my race with a 350z yesterday making about equal HP and the race was very close. I took a car on the jump and held it at first. I have no tach yet so I wasnt sure where I was shifting..on the last race I hooked my laptop up so I could see where I was shifting and it was at about 5500rpms...as soon as I went past those I started to pull slightly. Im surprised the race ended up as it was with me being untuned and running like garbage. I think the car needs higher gears and the 200 shot will DEF. help me.
Old 05-11-2009, 12:06 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by SnyperZ
haha no fight even though he seems to be taking it that way. I had my race with a 350z yesterday making about equal HP and the race was very close. I took a car on the jump and held it at first. I have no tach yet so I wasnt sure where I was shifting..on the last race I hooked my laptop up so I could see where I was shifting and it was at about 5500rpms...as soon as I went past those I started to pull slightly. Im surprised the race ended up as it was with me being untuned and running like garbage. I think the car needs higher gears and the 200 shot will DEF. help me.
equal HP as who?
Old 05-11-2009, 03:05 PM
Driver06

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Equal as me

And it wasnt "A" race.. According to my camera, it was like 8.. ha ha Cameras busted i think, it felt like I watched the same video 8 times.

Last edited by Driver06; 05-11-2009 at 03:08 PM.
Old 05-11-2009, 04:38 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

wow you just used every typical ricer excuse in the book. you were going against the wind too right?
Old 05-11-2009, 04:49 PM
SnyperZ

Originally Posted by Nexx
wow you just used every typical ricer excuse in the book. you were going against the wind too right?

I won the races...and where do you see excuses?I said I was surprised I won... I also said I hooked my laptop up AFTER the first few races to see where I was shifting and it ended up being around 5500rpms. If you were in my car youd understand why its hard to tell since you cant hear anything else but the exhaust under your ***. After I had my laptop hooked up I could see the tach and I was able to rev the engine higher(to 7k where its supposed to go) and thats when I finally started to pull...good job on trying to be funny though.

Last edited by SnyperZ; 05-11-2009 at 04:55 PM.
Old 05-11-2009, 04:54 PM
SnyperZ

Originally Posted by doug
equal HP as who?
Driver06. He said hes around 4-420whp. GTOs with similar setups as mine make between 410-430whp tuned(mine just has a basemap at the moment) so im guessing we are in the same vicinity of hp. It was a good race. Now I just need to get my regular rims/tires on it to make it fair, have my tach hooked up so I can see where im shifting and get the stupid car tuned. Depending on what gear im in at the track on spray ill most likely end up switching my 3.50 gears out for some 3.90s. My car hooks hard from a first gear roll(no lag either) so id get a huge jump off the bat and maintain it with a VERY slight pull on the last 2 races.

For the rest of this year I think im just going to hit it with a 150 shot so I should be right around 575whp+/-. It would be cool to find a turbo'd 350z making within 20hp of my car to race to see how close it would end up being. Next year im going with a pte78gts or POSSIBLY a pte88(most likely 78). Im going Friday to get my exhaust made and to plan out exactly how much piping and where its gonna go for the hotside. I already have the truck manifolds that will point forward. It will be a similiar setup to what an LS1 Fbody usually sees for a turbo and ill contact powerlab and see if they can get anymore of those big intercoolers to put back on the front of my car.

Last edited by SnyperZ; 05-11-2009 at 05:00 PM.
Old 05-11-2009, 05:04 PM
doug

so what track where you guys at?
Old 05-11-2009, 05:17 PM
SnyperZ

Its a secret. Are you looking to start a fight? Sure seems like it. As you can see I clearly just want to see(as im sure everyone else does) how the different drivetrain will compare to the old one with similar hp.Im not out to prove my car is faster than the next guys I just wanna have fun.
Old 05-11-2009, 05:19 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I won the races...and where do you see excuses?I said I was surprised I won... I also said I hooked my laptop up AFTER the first few races to see where I was shifting and it ended up being around 5500rpms. If you were in my car youd understand why its hard to tell since you cant hear anything else but the exhaust under your ***. After I had my laptop hooked up I could see the tach and I was able to rev the engine higher(to 7k where its supposed to go) and thats when I finally started to pull...good job on trying to be funny though.

typical ricer excuses.

1. the car's tune is crappy
2. i was shifting too early
3. need better gears or need nitrous

ffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuu

lol, you know i just tease.
Old 05-11-2009, 05:28 PM
SnyperZ

Originally Posted by Nexx
typical ricer excuses.

1. the car's tune is crappy
2. i was shifting too early
3. need better gears or need nitrous

ffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuu

lol, you know i just tease.

well stop cuz your hurting my feelings.

And they are only ricer excuses if I lost.

Last edited by SnyperZ; 05-11-2009 at 05:31 PM.
Old 05-11-2009, 05:47 PM
doug

I was talking about the track. No need to get defensive..its all in fun. And don't wait too long..im starting my single turbo set up in a few months.
Its a secret. Are you looking to start a fight? Sure seems like it. As you can see I clearly just want to see(as im sure everyone else does) how the different drivetrain will compare to the old one with similar hp.Im not out to prove my car is faster than the next guys I just wanna have fun.
if i was looking to start a fight i would come see you in person.. you said something about a track.. so i'm asking what track is that
Old 05-11-2009, 05:58 PM
SnyperZ

if i was looking to start a fight i would come see you in person.. you said something about a track.. so i'm asking what track is that

I dunno ETown or Leb. They are both within range.
Old 05-11-2009, 06:59 PM
350 Rookie
Banned

We should all meet up at etwon when our cars are ready. doug needs wheels, snyper needs a whole bunhc of ****, i need a tune and driver06 is all set.
Old 05-11-2009, 08:08 PM
SnyperZ

Originally Posted by 350 Rookie
We should all meet up at etwon when our cars are ready. doug needs wheels, snyper needs a whole bunhc of ****, i need a tune and driver06 is all set.

haha yeah. I have all my ****..I was just too lazy to put the rest of it in. Thats happening this week though. The cars up on jack stands with the transmission out and the front end off. Time to do all the little things now that I know it runs and drives properly.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:35 AM
Driver06

Ha, far from.. Just you wait..
Whats the ETA on your car Ed?
Old 05-12-2009, 07:09 AM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

dang, well at least it was a good idea. Maybe someone will give me their monster hp cars.

This sucks being in indiana.....there aren't people around like all you east coast people. Z's and G's aren't very common here in terre haute. They are a little common in indianapolis but mostly the wealthy and they just drive them stock.
Old 05-12-2009, 07:38 AM
350 Rookie
Banned

Originally Posted by Driver06
Ha, far from.. Just you wait..
Whats the ETA on your car Ed?
Well im almost done with the TT install. Honestly, a TT install is SOOO MUCH easier than the TN install. Right now im waiting on a banjo bolt for the oil feed and then i can drop it in the car. Utec is on its way, I have a AAM fuel return waiting to be put on before the tune.

So give me till end of may, beginning of june to be boosting.

Mark, sorry for hijacking.

Last edited by 350 Rookie; 05-12-2009 at 07:41 AM.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:26 PM
SnyperZ

Originally Posted by 350 Rookie
Well im almost done with the TT install. Honestly, a TT install is SOOO MUCH easier than the TN install. Right now im waiting on a banjo bolt for the oil feed and then i can drop it in the car. Utec is on its way, I have a AAM fuel return waiting to be put on before the tune.

So give me till end of may, beginning of june to be boosting.

Mark, sorry for hijacking.

Dont worry about it. Engine looks good...can't wait till we are all on the road ready to go. Give me a call and I can help you out with the tuning if youd like. My brothers evo gets tuned tomorrow..im hoping he makes over 500whp so it will be a worth while race.
Old 05-12-2009, 01:06 PM
350 Rookie
Banned

Umm. i would let you tune but i dont wanna hold you responsible if something happens.
Old 05-17-2009, 05:05 PM
SnyperZ

1st-3rd. 325/50s. No turbo. =P