Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Scott Bush & Relentless Autosports: Exposing the Hype, Lies, and Failure

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 12:49 PM
Ryan@Forged
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
I am trying to get XKR to come out. He came out to Summit Point last year, and we had a blast.
XKR Always brings good luck to the track
Old 07-01-2009, 03:29 PM
dikspiel
Chestons Toilet

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

Sup.
Old 07-01-2009, 03:59 PM
Lawy'dU

Originally Posted by go-fast
how about trying to convince us he has a business license?

how about trying to convince us he has a garage?

how about trying to convince us his dyno #'s are real?

how about trying to convince us you don't have a man crush?
I don't know anything about scott's business license.

I've never been to his shop so I couldn't contest that he has one or not.

The problem with scott's dyno numbers (which i'm assuming you are talking about his time attack car) is that he does his tuning on his high power cars on the JWT dyno, so there is no print out.

I don't have a man crush. Scott definitely has his flaws. I'm just a sucker for the underdog lol.

Originally Posted by INTENSEPOWER
You realize that this combo is good for over 700whp right? I'm sure Doug can post up a quote from your beloved Scott where he's stating that he's built and tuned VQ to well over 700whp w/ just 1 pump and a split second.

Question: how then would this be a potential hindrance and or handicap then?

BTW, are you a really a chick?

Darren

Like I said, there is supposed to be a dyno video coming. I don't know what the editiing status is or if filming actually happened. I didn't have time to stay on top of this.

Darren, you the short little intense dude that attempted to get Sam to go back with you to your hotel at HIN?....lol

Last edited by Lawy'dU; 07-01-2009 at 04:08 PM.
Old 07-01-2009, 04:01 PM
Lawy'dU

Originally Posted by IzYou
I saw a G35 with a RA license plate frame heading back home from the Socal Huntingto GTG so I'm guessing RA still has some people backing them. The car was pretty clean exterior wise. The only downfall I saw was the driver driving like a dbag. I'll post a pick later just so this thread has something semi-relevant update.
WTF? Yeah, you're talking about my car. No the car is not "clean at all". It's got a long way to go. The license plate is off the car now, replaced with one from my school.

Were you the little asian boy taking pictures in your stock black Z? Thanks for chiming in chief. I'm at all of the meets kiddo. I can't wait to meet you....
Old 07-01-2009, 04:09 PM
Chi-TownWarrior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lawy'dU
I don't know anything about scott's business license.

The problem with scott's dyno numbers (which i'm assuming you are talking about his time attack car) is that he does his tuning on his high power cars on the JWT dyno, so there is no print out.

I don't have a man crush. Scott definitely has his flaws. I'm just a sucker for the underdog lol.
Scott also knows nothing about his business license. Much less a place of business. You don't find it the least bit funny how he goes somewhere that wont print out a sheet, and makes crazy claims about the numbers he gets?.

It's been gone over time and time again JWTFMU does not = 500+ HP and reliability.

WTF? Yeah, you're talking about my car. No the car is not "clean at all". It's got a long way to go. The license plate is off the car now, replaced with one from my school.

Were you the little asian boy taking pictures in your stock black Z? Thanks for chiming in chief. I'm at all of the meets kiddo. I can't wait to meet you....
I'm pretty sure he'll get the same d-bag impression you gave the rest of this forum. Opinion unchanged
Old 07-01-2009, 04:10 PM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Interesting, since I have seen multiple print outs from Jim's Dyno.....
Old 07-01-2009, 04:10 PM
Lawy'dU

Originally Posted by ADMAN
^^^ And, this is where the silence starts again...
I don't have all the time in the world like the "Doctor" with my schedule to stay on top of this thread lol...
Old 07-01-2009, 04:11 PM
Lawy'dU

Originally Posted by USN HM 350Z
Interesting, since I have seen multiple print outs from Jim's Dyno.....
I don't know what to tell you. I've never met Jim, nor have I been actually told that JWT's dyno's do not give print outs. I just made that assumption because I have yet to see one.
Old 07-01-2009, 04:11 PM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

So now, you DIDN'T have your S/C installed by RA?
Old 07-01-2009, 04:14 PM
Lawy'dU

Originally Posted by Chi-TownWarrior
Scott also knows nothing about his business license. Much less a place of business. You don't find it the least bit funny how he goes somewhere that wont print out a sheet, and makes crazy claims about the numbers he gets?.

It's been gone over time and time again JWTFMU does not = 500+ HP and reliability.
I dunno. None of Scott's car's that I'm aware of have blown up. I thought we were talking about a split second box and a 255 fuel pump

The setup is DEFINITELY not desireable for road courses, but very few in the community take it to the track.
Old 07-01-2009, 04:16 PM
Lawy'dU

Originally Posted by USN HM 350Z
So now, you DIDN'T have your S/C installed by RA?
I did. It was installed, and I took the car back for 2+ weeks and beat on it before it was tuned. It was tuned at the dyno shop, and I have my graph from the dyno shop.

Scott tuned my car and the other SC g35 he was working on at the same time.

I'm done attempting to protect Scott or argue for him. I was done doing that months and months ago. All I want to do at this point is straighten whatever facts I know are skewed or incorrect.

Last edited by Lawy'dU; 07-01-2009 at 04:21 PM.
Old 07-01-2009, 04:24 PM
stormcrow

I don't know what to tell you. I've never met Jim, nor have I been actually told that JWT's dyno's do not give print outs. I just made that assumption because I have yet to see one.
you know what assuming does... and join the club, we're all still waiting with bated breath for a dyno printout from Scott... especially one above 500whp...

I did. It was installed, and I took the car back for 2+ weeks and beat on it before it was tuned. It was tuned at the dyno shop, and I have my graph from the dyno shop.

so, where exactly, did you drop your car off and pick it up when you had the S/C installed?
Old 07-01-2009, 04:25 PM
Chi-TownWarrior

I dunno. None of Scott's car's that I'm aware of have blown up. I thought we were talking about a split second box and a 255 fuel pump

The setup is DEFINITELY not desireable for road courses, but very few in the community take it to the track.
Sorry I meant SS box.

It doesn't matter if the cars have blown up or not. The parts could made up, used and claimed as new, and ran at the very edge of their capabilities. This is a formula for disaster. Scott may be charging less than the competition, but your not getting a level of service higher than what all the other shops on this site offer. I don't understand how you can remain blind to this. I'd rather pay GTM, SFR, Forged, AAM, etc for an over built car that you know will be done right with real parts by professionals. Scott can't offer that.

That's the ripoff
Old 07-01-2009, 04:49 PM
XKR

I'm pretty sure he'll get the same d-bag impression you gave the rest of this forum. Opinion unchanged

Old 07-01-2009, 04:50 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

lol
Old 07-01-2009, 05:23 PM
Lawy'dU

Originally Posted by stormcrow
you know what assuming does... and join the club, we're all still waiting with bated breath for a dyno printout from Scott... especially one above 500whp...

so, where exactly, did you drop your car off and pick it up when you had the S/C installed?
Yeah, I know what assuming does. I wouldn't have given Scott the benefit of the doubt, except for the fact that he has always been straight up with me, the other customers of his that I know, and frankly of everyone that I know of that has dealt with him.

Now, as to my vehicle, Scott picked up my car at my place and had me drive him back home in my car, so that he could give me instructions as to how to take care of it, since I am running on stock injectors and a stock fuel pump (and have been for over a year now without problems).
Old 07-01-2009, 05:24 PM
Lawy'dU

Originally Posted by doug
lol
I don't get what's laughable about that. Care to explain?
Old 07-01-2009, 05:30 PM
Cloud35

Why'd your demeanor change all of a sudden? Before you were defending Scott with so much gusto and you come back after such a long hiatus and seem real passive all of a sudden. Wonder why the sudden change?
Old 07-01-2009, 05:30 PM
Lawy'dU

Sorry I meant SS box.

It doesn't matter if the cars have blown up or not. The parts could made up, used and claimed as new, and ran at the very edge of their capabilities. This is a formula for disaster. Scott may be charging less than the competition, but your not getting a level of service higher than what all the other shops on this site offer. I don't understand how you can remain blind to this. I'd rather pay GTM, SFR, Forged, AAM, etc for an over built car that you know will be done right with real parts by professionals. Scott can't offer that.

That's the ripoff
SFR is a joke in SD. NOBODY GOES TO THEM (at least when it comes to the people with the community, and within the various Z and G clubs in SD). I even met a guy with a procharged Z that caravanned up to HB with us, making less power than I am at the same PSI, that has already blown up one motor. This guy has gone to SFR from the beginning.

Scott has been nothing but professional when it has come to my dealings with him. I recognize RA is a far smaller shop than most of the other's, but this does not make him any less professional. Some of the best work that I've outsourced on my cars has come from smaller, one or two man shops, and frankly, like RA, their turn around time has been 3x better than the larger shops; has cost far less; and frankly the results have been the same, if not better than if I had gone to a larger shop.

Last edited by Lawy'dU; 07-01-2009 at 05:36 PM.
Old 07-01-2009, 05:35 PM
Lawy'dU

Originally Posted by Cloud35
Why'd your demeanor change all of a sudden? Before you were defending Scott with so much gusto and you come back after such a long hiatus and seem real passive all of a sudden. Wonder why the sudden change?
Frankly, a brash demeanor really hasn't worked here, and frankly pleading a case for him on my350z is rather pointless.

I understand I won't be changing anyone's minds about Scott, since your minds have already been made up for whatever reason, and you guys won't have any professional dealings with him to gain reassurances about RA.

I have never been an RA fanboy. I've gone to other shops in the past, and since dealing with Scott, but I will more than likely go back to RA for more work in the future. For me it all comes down to turn-around-time, cost, and reliability, since my car is my only car and my daily driver.

Last edited by Lawy'dU; 07-01-2009 at 05:38 PM.

Quick Reply: Scott Bush & Relentless Autosports: Exposing the Hype, Lies, and Failure