Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Scott Bush & Relentless Autosports: Exposing the Hype, Lies, and Failure

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 06:11 PM
ToastZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by coachk
The TOU is very clear....Scott should be banned. Lets see how they wiggle out of this one...
First, thanks to doug for initiating a great thread over on driver this morning with the admins. His intent was to get the my350Z'rs off MU, but was nice enough to let a couple of us post through the day since the g35driver admins were listening and responding.

Scott's already banned, so nothing new there. The SDGeneralcounsel forum member evidently got banned today too. Possibly because George called him out for posting negative comments in a GTM product annoucement thread for an oil cooler. Not really sure why he got banned, just a theory.The timing fits though.

Jury is still out on the Canadian g35driver staff member, if you look closely at the original RA STB GB thread, Canadian was a key focal point for the GB in my opinion,... a g35driver staff member no less organizing a GB for a non-paying advertising vendor. According to the g35driver TOU, Canadian actually should have Locked/Deleted the GB thread once RA was involved (for being a non paying advertiser). Bans should have been passed out too, although thats confusing as to who to ban, RA was already banned.

The admin Calvin agrees that the RA Group Buy over on G35driver should have never been allowed to happen in the first place. Now, he's simply trying to keep the STB RA thread open and "clean" so the 10 guys can try to figure out how to get back whole again in peace (each is out $500 right now).
Old 03-28-2009, 06:13 PM
OCG35
Banned

Originally Posted by nomyth46
i still don't understand how this is the most controversial build on this site?
Its not… It’s really a conspiracy for Turbo Tim, XKR, Doug, (and whomever else I left out) to showcase their toon-talent.

In fact, the thread topic should truly be: “Automotive Performance Disney Artists Apply Here” (no pun intended regarding RA topic… well kinda).

Anyway – don’t interfere with the showcase… I know there’s an EPIC Toon in the making!
Old 03-28-2009, 06:13 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by welderz
I don't know if you guys already know but sdgeneralcounsel was banned on g35driver today.
Originally Posted by usingthejohn
^^^
Maybe they're trying to be fair now...???
Originally Posted by eagletanggreen
yeah right!
I don't think they know the full story and they are going off what their fellow staff members tell them..

one of the great moderators of hte maxima forums Jeff always said.. "Do you fish" meaning you can't catch every fish, and if you bring things to their attention they will do something about it. From reading it appears that Calvin and others are really in the dark as to what is going on the forums..
Old 03-28-2009, 06:14 PM
doug

Originally Posted by ToastZ
First, thanks to doug for initiating a great thread over on driver this morning with the admins..
Old 03-28-2009, 06:15 PM
OCG35
Banned

Originally Posted by Rickdogg
The sad part of it is, this thread is "marketing" for RA in the sense that it gives Scott an opportunity to use a sales pitch for those that are on the fence and do not know any better. Kind of like the saying, "bad publicity is still publicity" lol. He still got some nuthuggers and people to buy his garbage strut bar, so something is working.
Rick, oh Rick... thats like saying Paris Hilton's publicity helps her acting career
Old 03-28-2009, 06:20 PM
usingthejohn

Originally Posted by doug
I don't think they know the full story and they are going off what their fellow staff members tell them..

one of the great moderators of hte maxima forums Jeff always said.. "Do you fish" meaning you can't catch every fish, and if you bring things to their attention they will do something about it. From reading it appears that Calvin and others are really in the dark as to what is going on the forums..
I read your thread over there, Doug. Thanks for getting them caught up, if you will.

Pretty much brought to light everything that they apparently weren't aware of. Although, it does seem understandable about their lack of insight, since most g-drivers who are serious about performance tend to flock over to my350z
Old 03-28-2009, 06:23 PM
doug

I read your thread over there, Doug. Thanks for getting them caught up, if you will.

Pretty much brought to light everything that they apparently weren't aware of. Although, it does seem understandable about their lack of insight, since most g-drivers who are serious about performance tend to flock over to my350z
well i can't say its so much of a performance thing.. i think they see Canadian in threads and they believe as a staff member he is handling it.. and there is really no reason to investigate. I really don't think they knew how deep Canadian's ties are to Scott.. I doubt they even knew that Scott and Canadian share the same IP's sometimes... which means that at times Scott maybe posting as Canadian or even moderating threads as Canadian..

they shared the same IP's here on my350z and Canadian has no power here.. one could say its not far fetched that he would do the same on driver, only with more power..
Old 03-28-2009, 06:25 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by OCG35
Rick, oh Rick... thats like saying Paris Hilton's publicity helps her acting career
ROFL. Yeah I know what you mean. However, Paris Hilton's negative publicity helps her in other countries. You should see how much the Japanese look up to her and Nicole Richie. I know the concept is far fetched for most of us, but for some it is a reality, which shows in why Scott still gets some sales/work from random people. lol

Anyways, back on topic
Old 03-28-2009, 06:27 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by doug
well i can't say its so much of a performance thing.. i think they see Canadian in threads and they believe as a staff member he is handling it.. and there is really no reason to investigate. I really don't think they knew how deep Canadian's ties are to Scott.. I doubt they even knew that Scott and Canadian share the same IP's sometimes... which means that at times Scott maybe posting as Canadian or even moderating threads as Canadian..

they shared the same IP's here on my350z and Canadian has no power here.. one could say its not far fetched that he would do the same on driver, only with more power..
I can't see crap over on g35driver, but got to commend you for putting those bastards in their place over there. Hopefully, this all works out for the better. I know we've had our differences, but when it comes to something like RA/Scott, which is much more important than random forum squabbles...mad props and i'm glad we are all in this to hopefully rid our community of such trash.
Old 03-28-2009, 06:29 PM
OCG35
Banned

I don't know if you guys already know but sdgeneralcounsel was banned on g35driver today.
^^^
Maybe they're trying to be fair now...???
It’s nothing more (or less) than armature politics… there has been ancillary pressure in other (more relevant) areas… “Save Face”? – Maybe… Curtail further devastating truth? – Possibly… let it take its course… But don’t interfere with the big picture.

Anyway – don’t stray from the value of this thread – TOONS!!!! If you as a subscriber to this thread (that’s means YOU, the one reading this) have not already understood that the residual value is “clean-up”, but the immediate value is entertainment, then this thread should be close.
Old 03-28-2009, 06:32 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by ToastZ
First, thanks to doug for initiating a great thread over on driver this morning with the admins. His intent was to get the my350Z'rs off MU, but was nice enough to let a couple of us post through the day since the g35driver admins were listening and responding.

Scott's already banned, so nothing new there. The SDGeneralcounsel forum member evidently got banned today too. Possibly because George called him out for posting negative comments in a GTM product annoucement thread for an oil cooler. Not really sure why he got banned, just a theory.The timing fits though.

Jury is still out on the Canadian g35driver staff member, if you look closely at the original RA STB GB thread, Canadian was a key focal point for the GB in my opinion,... a g35driver staff member no less organizing a GB for a non-paying advertising vendor. According to the g35driver TOU, Canadian actually should have Locked/Deleted the GB thread once RA was involved (for being a non paying advertiser). Bans should have been passed out too, although thats confusing as to who to ban, RA was already banned.

The admin Calvin agrees that the RA Group Buy over on G35driver should have never been allowed to happen in the first place. Now, he's simply trying to keep the STB RA thread open and "clean" so the 10 guys can try to figure out how to get back whole again in peace (each is out $500 right now).
$500 for this POS STB in a group buy... You got to be F-ing kidding How much for this crap without the group buy WOW....Whoever setup this group buy for a banned sponsor should be held responsible for this cluster f@ck
Old 03-28-2009, 06:37 PM
doug

Originally Posted by Rickdogg
I can't see crap over on g35driver, but got to commend you for putting those bastards in their place over there. Hopefully, this all works out for the better. I know we've had our differences, but when it comes to something like RA/Scott, which is much more important than random forum squabbles...mad props and i'm glad we are all in this to hopefully rid our community of such trash.
Old 03-28-2009, 06:39 PM
OCG35
Banned

[QUOTE=eagletanggreen;7134541]eagletangogreen version
yours is the only one I stopped after 3rd sentence of dialog... you didn’t do the cause any good... in fact, you highlighted a dark, less than serious side of yourself... I think you missed the point of the Toons.

Yes, I have declared myself the toon critic. (not really - but that one was in poor taste).
And yes, I purposely quoted without the toon, because it was lousy.
Old 03-28-2009, 06:40 PM
ToastZ

Originally Posted by XKR
$500 for this POS STB in a group buy... You got to be F-ing kidding How much for this crap without the group buy WOW....Whoever setup this group buy for a banned sponsor should be held responsible for this cluster f@ck

I can send you the link for the original GB thread if you want to read it. The Canadian guy gets started around post #69 or so with pricing and such. The price was first set at around $450 IIRC, but I saw people talking about $500 later on in other threads, so maybe the 500 is total with shipping etc. Anyway, it was dam expensive for a GB !!!

I feel sorry for those guys. $500 is $500, its a lot of money for a mod that is probably really not needed on the street anyway for 90% of G owners
Old 03-28-2009, 06:43 PM
welderz

Canadian started 3 seperate group buy threads on g35driver to sell stuff for RA. If he doesn't get banned than somebody should say something to IB. That's some shady ****.

http://g35driver.com/forums/lounge-o...uy-anyone.html
http://g35driver.com/forums/g35-coup...-bar-sale.html
http://g35driver.com/forums/g-spot/2...-bar-sale.html
Old 03-28-2009, 06:48 PM
ToastZ

http://g35driver.com/forums/4065309-post63.html
Old 03-28-2009, 06:58 PM
OCG35
Banned

Canadian started 3 seperate group buy threads on g35driver to sell stuff for RA. If he doesn't get banned than somebody should say something to IB. That's some shady ****.

http://g35driver.com/forums/lounge-o...uy-anyone.html
http://g35driver.com/forums/g35-coup...-bar-sale.html
http://g35driver.com/forums/g-spot/2...-bar-sale.html
^^^ Sometimes a wake up call of this magnitude is needed (referring to the big picture topic)...

Unfortunately, many of you don’t realize; this isn’t new on driver... the writing was on the wall well over a year ago (before the IB transition) - the most valuable members of the site left and have not returned (not banned, they left) because of the issues that have festered... I have news for you - it’s much worse than this measly topic... and IB isn’t helping anything (neither is the clout that other IB forum members uncaringly bring)...

There are many experienced and knowledgeable enthusiast on Driver (I'm the only knucklehead getting into this issue) - but sometimes the wait for devastation and act approach is what gets the dirt swept aside and the clean road ready.
Old 03-28-2009, 07:00 PM
GTM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As I posted on Driver:

Originally Posted by George@GTM
Guys,

I feel that the correct people are now aware of what is going on and that things will be resolved in a correct fashion shortly.

Shane, I appreciate you taking the time to look into this ordeal and making things right, so that G35Driver can earn the respect it deserves.

-George
GT Motorsports
Old 03-28-2009, 07:49 PM
doug

Originally Posted by OCG35
^^^ Sometimes a wake up call of this magnitude is needed (referring to the big picture topic)...

Unfortunately, many of you don’t realize; this isn’t new on driver... the writing was on the wall well over a year ago (before the IB transition) - the most valuable members of the site left and have not returned (not banned, they left) because of the issues that have festered... I have news for you - it’s much worse than this measly topic... and IB isn’t helping anything (neither is the clout that other IB forum members uncaringly bring)...

There are many experienced and knowledgeable enthusiast on Driver (I'm the only knucklehead getting into this issue) - but sometimes the wait for devastation and act approach is what gets the dirt swept aside and the clean road ready.
well they appear to be doing something about it now.. so i for one can give them the benefit of the doubt
Old 03-28-2009, 07:59 PM
GTM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been in communication with Shane, and I am sure things will be handled correctly and G35 driver once again will be a good counterpart to my350z.

Just give them some time to clean up this mess, I have confidence in staff that is currently aware of the situation.

-George
GT Motorsports

Last edited by GTM; 03-28-2009 at 08:02 PM.

Quick Reply: Scott Bush & Relentless Autosports: Exposing the Hype, Lies, and Failure