Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

350z VQ or HR

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 08:06 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by jimpactmfsc
not some guy,multiple guys. theres numerous HR motors that have been built on stock internals and made around or more than 500 whp SAFELY already AND on not so high boost. why are you knocking so hard on the hr , its common sense that its an upgrade from the DE. the DE is great as is but just cant handle as much power as the hr simple as that. the limits of the HR are yet to be found but from what ive seen im pretty sure 500 hp is more than safe.
you guys need to learn how to read.. both Alberto and my self had said the HR is a better motor that can handle more power.. what you failed to comprehend is that VQ motors different from each other greatly and all we are saying is that not enough boosted HR's have been around long enough to jump up and say 500whp is THE number.. maybe the majority will be 500 whp.. but you are stupid if you take that number based on the limited data and then use that for your car
Old 03-11-2009, 08:10 AM
jimpactmfsc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by doug
you guys need to learn how to read.. both Alberto and my self had said the HR is a better motor that can handle more power.. what you failed to comprehend is that VQ motors different from each other greatly and all we are saying is that not enough boosted HR's have been around long enough to jump up and say 500whp is THE number.. maybe the majority will be 500 whp.. but you are stupid if you take that number based on the limited data and then use that for your car
i comprehend that they differ greatly just fine.i see what your saying though. point understood.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:13 AM
jimpactmfsc

Originally Posted by Alberto
Either you are hard headed or just stupid

We had a DE make 560+whp on a Dyno Dynamics

We have also had multiple DE's push 500+whp

Sooner OR LATER they all ended up blown up.

I am not arguing the HR cant make 500whp on a dyno for a few passes, Im not arguing the HR is a more robust motor than the DE, I am not arguing that it should be able to hold more power,I am not even arguing the HR cant survive being driven on a 500whp map by some dyno queen owner who truly doesnt rag the car on the street/track, all I am saying is that dynos and a handful of people doesnt mean that is the end all, be all fate of the HR.

Believing the HR CAN HOLD 500WHP as "good" as the DE does 400whp HAS YET TO BE PROVEN, get off the HR ******* and use common sense for a minute....
the point i was making is which one could make 500 hp on stock internals safely on safe boost. but i get your point, not trying to say you dont know your stuff. just speaking from the builds that ive seen but as you say....to soon to tell. ok

Last edited by jimpactmfsc; 03-11-2009 at 08:17 AM.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:22 AM
0jiggy0

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

My bet is the OP did this on purpose. Way to go OP! /sigh
Old 03-11-2009, 08:29 AM
Carbon-Z
Sleeps in 350Z

not some guy,multiple guys. theres numerous HR motors that have been built on stock internals and made around or more than 500 whp SAFELY already AND on not so high boost. why are you knocking so hard on the hr , its common sense that its an upgrade from the DE. the DE is great as is but just cant handle as much power as the hr simple as that. the limits of the HR are yet to be found but from what ive seen im pretty sure 500 hp is more than safe.
That is because every chance Alberto get's he just mouths off about the HR engine or people slower than him. The HR has been out for what 2 years now? And there has been no problems with it yet even on boost.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:34 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Carbon-Z
That is because every chance Alberto get's he just mouths off about the HR engine or people slower than him. The HR has been out for what 2 years now? And there has been no problems with it yet even on boost.
I like the HR motor, Im not a DE fanboi. I "mouth off" to people like you who like to spread misinformation on this site. The HR has been out 2 years but we saw minimal FI action in the beginning.

Ive been baggin trolls like you since 2003 on this site. You were not the first, you will not be the last
Old 03-11-2009, 08:35 AM
Carbon-Z
Sleeps in 350Z

Wow you are a DE nuthuggar. A DE wow, make that on a DE on 560+rwhp one or two times. Try doing that all the time on whatever high boost setting you have it won't last very long period.

The HR can and will do over 500rwhp daily and as much as you want. You are either a idiot or jealous about the HR. I think many here are sick of your better than everyone attitude.

Has yet to be proven? It sure does seem to be proven when many many shops have done it and haven't shown a single problem when installed properly.

Either you are hard headed or just stupid

We had a DE make 560+whp on a Dyno Dynamics

We have also had multiple DE's push 500+whp

Sooner OR LATER they all ended up blown up.

I am not arguing the HR cant make 500whp on a dyno for a few passes, Im not arguing the HR is a more robust motor than the DE, I am not arguing that it should be able to hold more power,I am not even arguing the HR cant survive being driven on a 500whp map by some dyno queen owner who truly doesnt rag the car on the street/track, all I am saying is that dynos and a handful of people doesnt mean that is the end all, be all fate of the HR.

Believing the HR CAN HOLD 500WHP as "good" as the DE does 400whp HAS YET TO BE PROVEN, get off the HR ******* and use common sense for a minute....
Old 03-11-2009, 08:38 AM
Carbon-Z
Sleeps in 350Z

I like the HR motor, Im not a DE fanboi. I "mouth off" to people like you who like to spread misinformation on this site. The HR has been out 2 years but we saw minimal FI action in the beginning.

Ive been baggin trolls like you since 2003 on this site. You were not the first, you will not be the last

Laugh. Troll? Long way from it. Because many don't agree with you, you call them names or spreading misinformation when it's you that has the problem.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:39 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

LMAO-you lack the mental capacity to intelligently defend what you think is a point, and to be honest it helps pass the time when Im bored at work. On the other hand I am saddened by your stupidity.

How am I a DE hugger when I stated that DE's made power then blew up?
Old 03-11-2009, 08:39 AM
jimpactmfsc

Wow you are a DE nuthuggar. A DE wow, make that on a DE on 560+rwhp one or two times. Try doing that all the time on whatever high boost setting you have it won't last very long period.

The HR can and will do over 500rwhp daily and as much as you want. You are either a idiot or jealous about the HR. I think many here are sick of your better than everyone attitude.

Has yet to be proven? It sure does seem to be proven when many many shops have done it and haven't shown a single problem when installed properly.
+1. the point is the hr can make more power before blowing up ,its limit is higher than the DE. alberto your the one that said your 390 hp de can take the 500+ whp *FP car i was talking about did you not.

Last edited by jimpactmfsc; 03-11-2009 at 08:42 AM.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:41 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

+1.
You go from saying "point taken" to getting back into it?

Try to pick apart the point I made, then say something for yourself other than "+1" like an uneducated nuthugger...
Old 03-11-2009, 08:43 AM
Carbon-Z
Sleeps in 350Z

You go from saying "point taken" to getting back into it?

Try to pick apart the point I made, then say something for yourself other than "+1" like an uneducated nuthugger...

So how many TOW's are you going to break on this site? You keep calling people names because you know you are wrong.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:44 AM
jimpactmfsc

the point taken was that the HRs limit is yet to be discovered. what a ....
Old 03-11-2009, 08:45 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Carbon-Explain how I am wrong

Before you type the same garbage over and over again. Re-read post #36 and #40 and come up with a reasonable argument.

BTW-do either yourself or jimpact own, and daily drive 500whp stock block HR's?? If so, it sure is easy to TRUST shops when its not your car and money on the line isnt it?
Old 03-11-2009, 08:47 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

the point taken was that the HRs limit is yet to be discovered. what a ....
So what are you arguing? You agree the safe limits havent been discovered but argue that 500whp has been proven safe?
Old 03-11-2009, 08:50 AM
jimpactmfsc

So what are you arguing? You agree the safe limits havent been discovered but argue that 500whp has been proven safe?
[QUOTE=Believing the HR CAN HOLD 500WHP as "good" as the DE does 400whp HAS YET TO BE PROVEN, get off the HR ******* and use common sense for a minute....[/QUOTE]

common sense is that the upgraded hr is tougher than the DE.

yes i believe that 500 whp is a safe range for an HR motor based on boosted HRs i have seen that have been boosted for a decent amount of time and tuned by good tuners that dont just "throw high dyno numbers out there"
Old 03-11-2009, 08:50 AM
doug

how are you going to get on him about calling names when you called him an idiot?

and you still havn't answered my questions i asked you on page 2
Old 03-11-2009, 08:52 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

common sense is that the upgraded hr is tougher than the DE.

yes i believe that 500 whp is a safe range for an HR motor based on boosted HRs i have seen that have been boosted for a decent amount of time and tuned by good tuners that dont just "throw high dyno numbers out there"
I did not argue it wasnt tougher.

You lack serious reading and comprehension skills....

Now go answer my question above I wrote to you and Carbon
Old 03-11-2009, 08:53 AM
doug

and you're entitled to your opinion.. as i said numerous times.. VQ motors are all different.. but i wouldn't use 500 whp as my goal for saftey as not enough FI'd HR's are running around..

20 or so Boosted HR's would never be a good limit for me.. sorry.. if thats what you feel is safe.. then by all means.. go ahead..

i know when 440 whp was the safe limit for the DE i was running 400 whp.. but again.. thats just me
Old 03-11-2009, 08:54 AM
Carbon-Z
Sleeps in 350Z

Originally Posted by doug
how are you going to get on him about calling names when you called him an idiot?

and you still havn't answered my questions i asked you on page 2
I never called him a idiot. I said he is either a idiot or is jealous. It is a question. It isn't saying you are a freaking idiot.

Reread.......or maybe reading comprehension owns you. Doug the laughng stock of my350z that has no life.

Quick Reply: 350z VQ or HR