Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

NEED help with Boost controller selection PLEASE!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 06:49 PM
Havok_RLS2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation NEED help with Boost controller selection PLEASE!!!!

PLEASE HELP!

I just recently ditched my SARD boost controller and have been looking to purchasing either the TurboSmart E-Boost2 or Gizzmo MS-IBC Multi-Scramble Intelligent Boost Controller. I hear good things about both but to be honest I'm kinda leaning towards the E-Boost2 because I can put it in the same location as the SARD which was in the door air vent. I know there are other options out there for boost controllers like the EVC6 (which isn't an option) but I pride myself on clean low impact installs and those others I've seen just dont fit the bill for me at all. The AEM true boost is some junk.
I hear there have been some issues in the past with the E-Boost2 displaying accurate boost readings. The Gizzmo is just plain simple and fAST and can be easily dash mounted.
So which one do you guys like more out of these TWO and why, the E-Boost2 or Gizzmo MS-IBC?

Thanks.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:05 PM
Havok_RLS2

For real?! 20 veiws and not one reply?
Come on somebody has to know something.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:10 PM
Blck350z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

EVC 6.... but then again thats the only one i've ever played around with... and I like the little display!!!!
Old 03-17-2009, 07:47 AM
terps

+1 on evc 6, function over form and honestly i think the hks unit is cleaner that the two u posted.
Old 03-17-2009, 03:47 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Def evc6.
Old 03-17-2009, 03:47 PM
txshldm
B8BB8B88

+2 on the EVC. Mind if I ask why it is not an option for you?
Old 03-17-2009, 03:49 PM
GTM
Vendor - Former Vendor

EVC6 owns all!
Old 03-17-2009, 05:09 PM
Havok_RLS2

Why don't you guys get it? I said the EVC-6 Isn't an option. I'm trying to keep a clean interior. I don't like the looks of wires and cables ran all up, down and inside the dash for here to kingdom come. And besides the EVC-6 isn't the best boost controller out there so I really with you guys would get off the bandwagon already. It's getting pretty dang pathetic.
I know the EVC-6 is a good unit. I get it already but it just not what I'm looking for. And on top of that I can find just as many people who didn't like the HKS units as there are people who sweat there nutz. It's fact! Do a simple search and see for your selves.
HKS did not invest the concept of the boost controller. Hell, they don't even come close to perfecting it. What they seem to have done is throw a lot of fancy options (that only a small few will use or understand) and a $600 price tag on a cool looking box and call it a boost controller. I'm not Beat.
The Gizzmo unit is less than half the price of the EVC-6 and is faster and does one thing really well. It CONTROLS BOOST. I can find as least 2 major magazine articles and 3 independent shop reviews that will say that the Gizzmo MS-IBC is one of the best boost controllers they've ever used. (I'm too lazy to post the links for you so do your own google search)
Aside from all that the thing that makes my blood boil the most is that you people have become nothing more than SHEEP.
I asked a simple question and what I got was a programed sheepish answer. BAAAAAaaaaa.
I hope you all NEVER sell your EVC-6. Sleep with it, make love to it. But above all else remember to keep your minds closed to other options.

Thanks again for the disappointment.
Old 03-17-2009, 05:25 PM
terps

^ first off my install shows one wire it is in the cubby and it is only noticable due to the flash. Any installer can do it that way-hell ive even seen them installed flush into the vanity mirror and close flush.

Second- the turbosmart one is similiar priced to hks unit

if you dont want input go with either of your choices flip a coin. becuase you obviously dont want people input on which one work(have experience with) go with the gizzmo. It looks cute, hope you like it but frankly where are u going to mount it anyways the things 3x the size and quiete an eye sore. or do the turbosmart and locate it in a gauge pod

i understand your want of a clean install hence

u want to know what i have personal experice with-hks evc6, and i wouldnt trust another one where i could possibly do damage, its not rims, its a crucial part
Attached Thumbnails NEED help with Boost controller selection PLEASE!!!!-img_0686.jpg   NEED help with Boost controller selection PLEASE!!!!-img_0684.jpg  

Last edited by terps; 03-17-2009 at 05:51 PM.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:45 PM
Havok_RLS2

Originally Posted by terps
^ first off my install shows one wire it is in the cubby and it is only noticable due to the flash. Any installer can do it that way-hell ive even seen them installed flush into the vanity mirror and close flush.

Second- the turbosmart one is similiar priced to hks unit

if you dont want input go with either of your choices flip a coin. becuase you obviously dont want people input on which one work(have experience with) go with the gizzmo. It looks cute, hope you like it but frankly where are u going to mount it anyways the things 3x the size and quiete an eye sore. or do the turbosmart and locate it in a gauge pod

i understand your want of a clean install hence

u want to know what i have personal experice with-hks evc6, and i wouldnt trust another one where i could possibly do damage, its not rims, its a crucial part
Yes. Yes. Yes. I figured that someone would post the old "We'll if you don't want input, blah, blah, blah..." Well as a matter of fact I wanted input. I wanted an answer to my original questions which was, " Which one do you guys like more out of these TWO and why, the E-Boost2 or Gizzmo MS-IBC?"
What I got is an answer to a question I didn't ask in the first place. Can you not see how someone would get a little frusterated? I mean I can understand if you don't have experience which the TWO options I asked about but I didn't ask for other options. I know about the EVC-6. I just don't feel like it's worth that $600 price tag. Some have even gone so far to say "It's a $350 dollar Boost controller with $250 worth of junk attached."
To be honest Terps, you are the first person to actually directly answer my questions. I thank you for that. Your install does look very stealth but to be honest it's not really the look I'm going for. Besides, I have a Z. The space in my entire center console is being occupied by two 7" touch screen monitors.
I would have liked the New boost controller to set where the old one was (in the driver side door vent) but the reviews on the Turbosmart are very few and have complaints regarding reading accurate boost pressure. The gizzmo unit can be flush mounted into the center console under that AC controls like most do already. Plus I can get it for under $300. http://gizzmousa.com/msibc.html
All I wanted was an answer to my original question. Thats it nothing more.
I shouldn't made to feel wrong because I don't happen to agree that the EVC is a great unit. I'm sure that a lot of people will say that spending more money to improve my Turbonetics kit is a waste of money and that I should just get the Power Labs or TT. Yet 4 short years ago you couldn't utter a word against Turboonetics without getting 2 pages of flame for it. LOL
I'm sure next month something new will hit the market and the EVC-6 will officially be deemed as junk. It'll Happen. Just watch.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:50 PM
Havok_RLS2

Originally Posted by george@gtm
evc6 owns all!
No it Really Doesn't!
Old 03-17-2009, 08:20 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

I think the reason you arent getting any meaningful replies about those two units, is becuase nobody has used them, or even seen them before in the wild.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:29 PM
GTM
Vendor - Former Vendor

The EVC 6 uses a patented stepper motor design, which is far superior to solenoid type boost controllers, this is a fact not opinion.

I can understand how some people can not afford the $600 price tag with their budgets though.

Oh and as far as clean integration, I would love to see how you end up installing your unit.

Good luck with your decision,

-George
GT Motorsports
Old 03-17-2009, 08:35 PM
GTM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Strictly based on appearance, I would go with the latter.

Hope it works well for you.

-George
GT Motorsports
Old 03-17-2009, 08:45 PM
Blck350z

eeesh..... calm down... you asked for everyone's opinion and Sharif was right.... so maybe you should PM or call a few vendors or shops and get there prof. opinion instead of just consumers???? just my two cents....
Old 03-17-2009, 09:40 PM
Havok_RLS2

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
I think the reason you arent getting any meaningful replies about those two units, is becuase nobody has used them, or even seen them before in the wild.
Thank you for that honest answer.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:57 PM
wannabuy350z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

e-boost has been used and it sucks. just go manual boost controller. and keep it in your engine bay.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:00 PM
Havok_RLS2

Originally Posted by Blck350z
eeesh..... calm down... you asked for everyone's opinion and Sharif was right.... so maybe you should PM or call a few vendors or shops and get there prof. opinion instead of just consumers???? just my two cents....
Yeah. That was the first thing I did (Note: Turbosmart is run by a bunch of idiots). The second was to PM Jeremy at AAM in which he told me to get the EVC-6. (You have permission to laugh at your leisure) That's when I got the bright idea to ask the guys on the forum.
So as you can see this frustration that I've been feeling has been building up for about a week. Now George is mad at me. I just vented at the wrong folk I guess.
Look... It's not like I think the EVC is really a crap BC I was just looking for other option. To be honest I don't know anything about it other than what others have posted themselves. I'm basing my decision on information gathered from others just like a lot of people do. So how about this....

Does anyone have a PDF of the installation instructions and specs for the EVC-6 that they would be willing to share? Maybe what I need is to be educated more to understand WHY the EVC-6 is supposed to be so much better than everything else on the market.
Old 03-18-2009, 06:59 AM
terps

mbc ftl. I bought the evc since it works, F the features.

do the gizzmo based on reviews and appearance. btw I run a turbosmart bov, I'm not a brand ***** or fanboy, I'm just tired of spending money on stuff that doesn't work. hopefully ur satisfied with the bc
Old 03-18-2009, 08:27 AM
Blck350z

Also you might wanna look around in a supra forum.... those guys prob have a lot more experience with different items since they've been around a lot longer than the Z crowd. ( not saying the guys that have z's only started modding in 03 hah ). But when ever I see a supra in say super street etc they seem to have some products i'm not familiar with until I research it.

Quick Reply: NEED help with Boost controller selection PLEASE!!!!