Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

SportZ Magazine Supercharger Challenge!

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2003, 09:12 AM
pointfivezero
Charter Member #16

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Publisher Bob,

How many points would Chris score if I took out a 5 year subscription? How about a lifetime version?

One thing though....I still have not received my Fall edition. Can you update me on the mailing status?

Subscription name = Tim Herring

Thanks!
Old 09-27-2003, 10:24 AM
Scafremon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by pointfivezero
How about a lifetime version?
Woo Hoo!! Now THAT is what I call support! Way to go Tim!!

If SportZ Magazine can't accept a Lifetime Subscription (seems like there might be some legal and/or moral issues with accepting something like that), you could always buy multiple 1 or 2 year subscriptions, and give them away as gifts!

Let's say you figure to live (50) more years.

SAMPLES OF WAYS TO REACH YOUR PLEDGE OF APPROXIMATELY $900.00 TOWARDS CHRIS'S GOAL:

2 YEAR SUBSCRIPTIONS:

36 new or extended 2-year subscriptions at $24.95

OR...

20 new or extended 2 year subscriptions at $24.95 PLUS $400.00 in Sport Z Enthusiast Back Issue Packages.

1 YEAR SUBSCRIPTIONS:

50 new or extended 1-year subscriptions at $17.95

OR...

30 new or extended subscriptions at $17.95 PLUS $300 in Sport Z Enthusiast Back Issue Packages.

This is a spectacular pledge Tim! I can't wait to see Chris's reaction - he will be elated, especially once the order is placed, and he can get the tote board updated to reflect it.

If about 64 or so more people will be as generous as you, this challenge will be completed!

I wish I had the discretionary funds to make such a committment, but I will commit to adding an another year to my subscription once Chris get's close to the finish line.

(PS: Question for Bob: Are 2 year new subscriptions $24.95 like you mentioned in this thread, or are they $ 30.95 like the website says?)
Old 09-27-2003, 11:06 AM
ChrisMCagle

Publisher Bob,

How many points would Chris score if I took out a 5 year subscription? How about a lifetime version?

One thing though....I still have not received my Fall edition. Can you update me on the mailing status?

Thanks!
Tim,

Well, I would be most grateful for your support in any form.

-Chrismcagle
Old 09-27-2003, 11:07 AM
ChrisMCagle

Thumbs up Superchargerchallenge.com

Hey Everyone,

Great News! The Supercharger Challenge website is now even easier to find. Just go to www.superchargerchallenge.com! The site is undergoing slight changes in appearence from day to day so keep checking it out for updated information and how close I am to reaching my goal from the help and support of all the subscribers! Also, if you work for a company who would like a link on the Supercharger Challenge site, e-mail me at chrismcagle@yahoo.com. Thanks everyone!

-Chrismcagle
Old 09-27-2003, 12:33 PM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Publisher Bob,

Thanks!
Tim -- the dreaded four week USPS window just lapsed and I'll look up your order and have it mailed out first class (still the USPS) on Monday. The USPS is doing a much better job now that we are classified Periodical, but they still have a ways to go.

I haven't considered a five year subscription or lifetime subscription but, I'm sure I could come up with a five year number sometime next year. I would have to factor in issues like more pages and bi-monthly issues but I guess it could be done.

Lifetime, maybe we need to stick to five years.

Thanks Tim, good to hear from you again.

Bob
Old 09-27-2003, 01:12 PM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Originally posted by Scafremon
Woo Hoo!! Now THAT is what I call support! Way to go Tim!!

If SportZ Magazine can't accept a Lifetime Subscription (seems like there might be some legal and/or moral issues with accepting something like that), you could always buy multiple 1 or 2 year subscriptions, and give them away as gifts!

Alright, Scafremon is back in the game. You're right about lifetime but I love your gift subscription idea.

Ooops, I'm doing that sentence thing again.

Let's say you figure to live (50) more years.

Seeing a big mistake pointed out by you below, your lifetime extrapolations will need to be expunged by this writer -- insert here: See publisher head held down in shame.

(PS: Question for Bob: Are 2 year new subscriptions $24.95 like you mentioned in this thread, or are they $ 30.95 like the website says?)
Shame, shame, shame on publisher Bob. The $24.95 number is the Canadian one-year subscription cost and the $30.95 number is correct. Despite, what I thought to be be an exhaustive evaluation of the numbers, the two year subscription examples are incorrect. Haste makes waste and the error pointed out by Scafremon herein illustrates just that.

But this is not bad news to Chris, it's actually good news. The challenge number of $64,400 remains as before but it'll only take 2,081 two year subscriptions to make that number instead of 2,582.

Example 2 of the two-year subscriptions example will be 1,500 two year subs and $17,975 back issue orders. Even more doable.

Way to go Scafremon, I bet your observation just made Chris a happy man. Maybe I'll need to dust off my old slide-rule and junk my calculator.

Chris, we'll need to "update" the corrected numbers to the 350Z forums ASAP.

Bob
Old 09-27-2003, 01:34 PM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Publisher Bob,

Thanks!
Tim, I just emailed Circulation and your replacement issue of our Fall 2003 issue will go out in the mail Monday. I've also upgraded all remaining issues of your two year subscription to First Class service with our thanks.

Thank you for your contribution to our SUPERCHARGER CHALLENGE and a special thanks for your on-going support of Sport Z Magazine.

Bob
Old 09-27-2003, 02:34 PM
tbcz

Bob and Chris...well you finally roped me in. You'll be seeing a two year scrip coming from me shortly.

Bob, as an aside, I look forward to meeting you at the East Coast Z meet outside Philly in October. We can discuss what to do about this Scafremon character there.
Old 09-27-2003, 05:11 PM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Originally posted by tbcz
Bob and Chris...well you finally roped me in. You'll be seeing a two year scrip coming from me shortly.

Bob, as an aside, I look forward to meeting you at the East Coast Z meet outside Philly in October. We can discuss what to do about this Scafremon character there.
tbcz, your two year subscription is in and was assigned immediately to the SUPERCHARGER CHALLENGE.

It would be great to meet you and all the Z lovers heading to the East Coast Z Association get-together on October 25th. As far as that character referenced above, it looks like he may become a believer yet. He certainly pulled by bacon from the fire today when he ID'ed my mistaken numerical reference.

Bob
Old 09-27-2003, 05:33 PM
pointfivezero
Charter Member #16

Originally posted by publisher
Tim, I just emailed Circulation and your replacement issue of our Fall 2003 issue will go out in the mail Monday. I've also upgraded all remaining issues of your two year subscription to First Class service with our thanks.

Thank you for your contribution to our SUPERCHARGER CHALLENGE and a special thanks for your on-going support of Sport Z Magazine.

Bob
Hi Bob;

Hold off on that replacement issue. As Murphy would have it, my issue arrived today and is in my hot little hands as I type. (Sorry to hear of your pending retirement - sorry for us/happy for you).

Thanks for the upgrade on the service. Check your PM for my five year subscription.

Good luck Chris!
Old 09-27-2003, 08:07 PM
Scafremon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check your PM for my five year subscription.
Bummer that they couldn't do your 'lifetime' subscription request Tim.

But five years is still incredibly generous! Way to go!
Old 09-28-2003, 08:09 AM
pointfivezero
Charter Member #16

Originally posted by Scafremon
Bummer that they couldn't do your 'lifetime' subscription request Tim.

But five years is still incredibly generous! Way to go!
Thanks Jeff. At 47, a five year subscription may be a lifetime.

This insures I'll have a SportZ magazine in the mailbox until I make the last payment on the Z, as well!
Old 09-28-2003, 08:52 AM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Hi Bob;

Hold off on that replacement issue. As Murphy would have it, my issue arrived today and is in my hot little hands as I type. (Sorry to hear of your pending retirement - sorry for us/happy for you).

Thanks for the upgrade on the service. Check your PM for my five year subscription.

Good luck Chris!
I'll send an email to circulation right away. Murphy strikes again.

BTW, regarding my (?) "pending" retirement, you may want to read the last paragraph in the Straightaway column one more time. Eh, eh, eh.

I did receive your PM for a 5 year subscription and thank you for your confidence in Sport Z. We've now had one "lifetime" subscription offer and one "five year" subscription offer. Five year, I'll need to huddle up with Art and Dave about that one. Calculating a lifetime subscription was fun ($__.__ X ? = just short of infinite), a five year deal would require real numbers and... Well, look to an earlier post, you've seen my shortcomings regarding real numbers.

Time for a drive to Mile High Stadium and some NFL action.

Bob
Old 09-28-2003, 09:02 AM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Thanks Jeff. At 47, a five year subscription may be a lifetime.

This insures I'll have a SportZ magazine in the mailbox until I make the last payment on the Z, as well!
Hopefully quicker than four weeks per mailing.

47 -- 47, heck I have calculators older than 47!

Bob
Old 09-29-2003, 04:01 PM
ChrisMCagle

Default Thanks!

Originally posted by tbcz

I just got home from over the weekend and have been catching up on the forums. Thanks tbcz!!! I really appreciate your support in my challenge. Also a BIG THANK YOU to Jeff for pointing out the error in the 2-year subscription cost. That was great news to find out that I need even less subs now! Woo Hoo!!

-Chrismcagle
Old 10-01-2003, 05:07 PM
ChrisMCagle

Exclamation Website Update and important info

Hello,

Just wanted to let everyone know that I have completely redone the Supercharger Challenge website. The Tote Board has also been updated to reflect the current total of $ toward the Challenge. Check it out! .

Bob mentioned that there are still several subscribtions coming in each week and VERY few mention the Supercharger Challenge. It's VERY important that you all know that this challenge is as much a "Lose-Lose" as it is a "Win-Win". If the number of subscriptions needed is not reached, not only do I not win the supercharger, but Sport Z will not change from it's current form. It will not double in size or include more 350Z info. So we all lose! . Let's not let that happen!

I know that I have said it before, but it seems that it needs to be mentioned again...

If you have subscribed to Sport Z Magazine anytime from January 1st of this year until now, Please contact Bob at publisher@sportzmagazine.com and let him know that you want your subscription to count toward the Supercharger Challenge.

Thanks for all your support and let's win this Challenge!

-Chrismcagle
Old 10-05-2003, 05:12 AM
dmenza

I would definately be interested in a dedicated 350z mag. I suppose extended 350z coverage in the existing mag would be a good thing too. I'll take all of the coverage I can get!!!
Old 10-05-2003, 10:57 AM
ChrisMCagle

Smile Great!

Originally posted by dmenza
I would definately be interested in a dedicated 350z mag. I suppose extended 350z coverage in the existing mag would be a good thing too. I'll take all of the coverage I can get!!!
dmenza,

That's great to hear! Now to make sure that it happens, when you subscribe to Sport Z, be sure you mention the "Supercharger Challenge"! With your help and the help of others, this can happen!

-Chrismcagle
Old 10-11-2003, 12:45 PM
buzzdsm

I hate to be negative but there in no way your going to hit this goal. It has been over a month and most of the people that were going to bite have done so. By the time you get that super charger you'll be putting it on a 2015 Nissan 650Z.
Old 10-11-2003, 08:14 PM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Default Stunning, stunning, stunning...

Originally posted by buzzdsm
I hate to be negative but there in no way your going to hit this goal. It has been over a month and most of the people that were going to bite have done so. By the time you get that super charger you'll be putting it on a 2015 Nissan 650Z.
Absolutely astounding buzzdsm; I'm sure Chris appreciates your support.

This challenge is a doable thing and Chris & Sport Z Magazine have worked hard to make it a success. Your support could have helped, but you chose to take the approach of slamming a good thing. What possible reason would lead you to do that?

Chris may not win the supercharger, but he should have everybody's respect for the effort he's put into the challenge. Sport Z will present Chris with a consolution prize IF he decides to wave the white flag and you can bet if he does, he'll carry with it our deep admiration for the commitment he has demonstrated.

You say you hate to be negative, but that's exactly what you are. You go on to say that those who were going to BITE have done so already. I'll close by asking you this -- How in the h*** do you know that?

Bob

Quick Reply: SportZ Magazine Supercharger Challenge!