Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

****** TTG35forT - Rev 2.0 ******

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2014, 10:02 AM
ttg35fort
Professional

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rcdash
Welcome back! Technology has changed - consider swapping to GTX2867s - u will get the spool and top end you are looking for.
Hi Raj,

I saw your dyno chart, and it looks awesome!!! Great job!!! I'm envious.

I'd like to forego dropping another $3k in the car right now, considering I just spent $900 on new exhaust parts and will spend more getting them all welded together and installed. But, if any of the turbine blades are damaged from scraping against the ceramic coating, I might get the GTX2867R turbos. (Assuming scraping indeed proves to be the problem, it is all speculation on our part right now, and we won't know until we inspect the turbos).

The ceramic coating is very thin, so even if there was some scraping going on, I don't foresee that the turbine blades should be adversely affected a noticeable amount. But, again, we won't know until we inspect the turbos. If the turbine blades look good, I can get new GT28 .86 A/R housings machined out to fit my turbines for about $750. So, I'll probably go that direction.

We should be dropping the turbos out sometime mid to late June. Until then, I'm driving the car everyday. It is sooooooooo nice to have it back. I missed it. One thing I can say is that the motor builds up torque fast and hard. Quite fun.

I need new tires on the rear to better hold the power. Also, the camber I have setup is not helping. I may need to reduce the angle a bit to get a better balance between street and road course use, but I don't want to make any adjustments until I get new tires. The Toyo R888 305s worked well with my previous build at the current camber settings when they were new, and only broke loose a little in third gear, but it was very manageable. The torque on that build at spool up was noticeably less than the new build, though.

Here is compressor map showing how the compressor of the GTX2867R turbos will work with my 4.0 L motor. They would be a very nice match!

Last edited by ttg35fort; 05-24-2014 at 01:07 PM.