Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Question: HKS VPRO/AKF and o2 sensor wire

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 02:54 PM
ttg35fort
Professional

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by meatbag
You would still throw the code if you use the stock O2 sensors. For what he wants the easiest thing to do is take the stock sensors out run the dummy outputs from the AFk to the stock ECU to make it happy and just put the new widebands for the AFK in the stock bungs. No need to pull the exhaust off and have a new bung welded in.

Yes you have to play with the settings but in the end it would be a much cleaner setup.
I am fairly confident that I used the stock O2 sensors along with the HKS 02 sensors with my Greddy TT build, and did not get any CELs (I'll double check with Roger or Nate just to confirm I have my information correct). I did, however, have my ECU reflashed by GTM using the UpRev Osiris software, and this may have helped with the CEL issue.

Here is a picture of the setup:

If I am not mistaken (which I might be, but will confirm this), the white wire bundle is for the stock O2 sensor and the black wire bundle is for the HKS O2 sensor.

Also, as you can see from the locations on my setup, my exhaust did not need to be pulled off to add the extra bungs. Indeed, I started with only a single HKS O2 sensor on the driver's side, but later added a second O2 sensor the passenger side. Roger pretty easily added a bung to the passenger side down pipe for the second HKS 02 sensor without pulling off the downpipes.

Last edited by ttg35fort; 05-16-2009 at 03:10 PM.
Old 05-16-2009, 03:33 PM
meatbag

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by ttg35fort
I am fairly confident that I used the stock O2 sensors along with the HKS 02 sensors with my Greddy TT build, and did not get any CELs (I'll double check with Roger or Nate just to confirm I have my information correct). I did, however, have my ECU reflashed by GTM using the UpRev Osiris software, and this may have helped with the CEL issue.

Here is a picture of the setup:

If I am not mistaken (which I might be, but will confirm this), the white wire bundle is for the stock O2 sensor and the black wire bundle is for the HKS O2 sensor.

Also, as you can see from the locations on my setup, my exhaust did not need to be pulled off to add the extra bungs. Indeed, I started with only a single HKS O2 sensor on the driver's side, but later added a second O2 sensor the passenger side. Roger pretty easily added a bung to the passenger side down pipe for the second HKS 02 sensor without pulling off the downpipes.
Yes the reflash gets rid of whatever CEL codes they reflash for.
Old 05-16-2009, 04:34 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

i still have my stock O2's and a seperate HKS 02 in my test pipe.. however i do have a CEL for running rich.. i think its 0340 and i forgot the other one
Old 05-16-2009, 05:06 PM
meatbag

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Im not trying to say that you have to get rid of the stock O2 sensors, but if you spent the money on the HKS AFk and don't have extra bungs then why keep the stock sensors. All you have to do it hook the AFk and set it up properly.
Old 05-16-2009, 06:22 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

i think the reason for keeping the O2's is in the event you want to go back to stock with least amount of re-modifications needed