Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

CJM 350z Project Finally Rolling Again..

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2004, 11:01 AM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default CJM 350z Project Finally Rolling Again..

Most of you probably forgot that I had a Greddy Twin Turbo 350z, have had it since December. The turbos have been hanging on the car for quite some time.

We never ran the car since I really had lacked motivation to finish it until it was how we wanted it, and we were able to R&D our fuel and tuning systems on it.

After lots of waiting and pending contracts and what not, things are about to start happening again, today.

We are going to wash the dust off the car, and relocate it to its new home for the next 2 weeks, one of our lifts.

Its a track edition, stock other than Borla exhaust and Nismo wing. Now its got the Greddy Twin Turbo system, Stoptech 14" F/R (Waiting for install), 19" Volks (tires are here... waiting for wheels to show)... and then some really cool stuff I mention next..

We are using this car to prototype fuel supply and tuning systems for the 350z.

We are building a fuel supply system that runs 2 large pumps inside the stock tank, utilizes a massive feed line, and adds in a return line with an Aeromotive regulator. We have not yet decided if we are going to keep the stock fuel rails, or machine some new ones. Injector size can be completely variable per kits application, but we are going to start out with some little baby 440's, cause we just happen to have the set that came with the turbo kit. This fuel supply kit will not be something that you can just put in, you will need to have the tunability to run it... this is where we come in with the tuning system we are testing...

I have the HKS FCON V-Pro engine management system for the car. HKS made a plug and play wiring harness to take care of the wiring mess normally associated with a standalone EMS. Using additional sensors to upgrade the system, I will be pulling out the MAF sensor, and the car will be converted to a Speed Density fuel injection system type. This gives us the ability to tune the car to perfection, with any size injector we choose, and up to as much HP as we can figure out how to make, and always run the car perfect.

Also as an add-on, I have the HKS Knock Amp. This cool toy is a standalone wideband and knock datalogger with readout. Its much cooler when used in conjunction with the FCON however, because now the FCONs datalogging will include wideband readings. This is very cool.

Others toys I have sitting around the shop for this car is the HKS EVC, new version of course, and a sleeved AEBS block waiting to be built. Most of this stuff has been here for a while... just been waiting for my FCON to be shipped.

It was a long process getting approved to be one of HKS' exclusive Prodealers. Only Prodealers can sell or tune the V-Pro. If I recall correctly, there are only about 12 Prodealers in the USA.

So at any rate... ill be putting up another post in a little bit with a few pictures, and then I will be updating this thread with progress once we start to make some. I am hoping to have the car on the road in 2-3 weeks.

Last edited by phunk; 05-28-2004 at 11:23 AM.
Old 05-28-2004, 11:08 AM
PoWeRtRiP

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow youve been holding out on us. isnt your block built with forged as well? think you can hit 600hp?
Old 05-28-2004, 11:09 AM
JeffesonM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow
Old 05-28-2004, 11:29 AM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

You seem to be attacking the fuel delivery and management systems which I am sure will allow you to have dependable high HP.

Your project is of great interests to many of us, keep us updated...

Jeff
Old 05-28-2004, 11:40 AM
VR3

Looking forward to your progress..keep us posted
Old 05-28-2004, 11:42 AM
ACP

hey Charles, check your email and pm
This is from earlier in the week

Also check my post on fuel pump and fpr
I am having some parts manufactured that you maybe interested in
Old 05-28-2004, 01:09 PM
bruschijr

hey can you pm me with some pics you have of the AEBS kit... i plan on starting that process at the end of June... Definatley keep me updated as I'll be with a TT setup also...
Old 05-28-2004, 10:09 PM
350Now

Wow.. Charles the Z is alive. I haven't heard much from you lately but it's great to hear you are going to be working on the Z again. Keep us updated.
Old 05-28-2004, 11:36 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice work...

I am interested in how you'll tap the tank to run the return line.....and the location of that tap.