Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Injected Performance Dyno Shootout at ZdayZ 2009!

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 12:04 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Well done Joe. I agree it only costs $$$ to MAKE big hp. But for a good all around performing car, you dont need or realistically want 800whp. Thats what I like about our cars, they do "decent" power yet can still drag/handle with the best of street cars. Look forward to your thread...
Old 06-01-2009, 12:05 PM
MADScientist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
nice man... i wanted to do E85 too when i saw jason playing with it on a supra with the 128pin... but no "corn" pumps close by for me . Oh and i think the point being made is.. dont be shy with the psi lol
More boost will come in the fall...

Thanks for keeping the thread on track guys! And for those of you that are sitting in front of your monitors right now saying "I can beat 650whp all day!, that is weak sauce..." All I have to say is then bring your car next year and do it!!!!!
Old 06-01-2009, 12:13 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by jkenefic

Thanks for keeping the thread on track guys! And for those of you that are sitting in front of your monitors right now saying "I can beat 650whp all day!, that is weak sauce..." All I have to say is then bring your car next year and do it!!!!!
of course man....I really respect the DIY effort and hope you push it more later on
i think next year it if there is another dynoshoot out it will be better if some classes are setup...
Heck i mean, i am sure you tell yourself i can beat 650whp all day....
i dont think its weaksauce....but i jsut dont look at 500-600whp on the Z like in 2005-2006, just like i am sure you dont....you look beyond that.

WE have all year to debate how to divide classes... and for the $$$ factor as Alberto said, maybe we should have a class for those with XKRs wallet, or vs those that don't lol...and vs those with "shop" funds.

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 06-01-2009 at 12:17 PM.
Old 06-01-2009, 12:53 PM
XKR

Mad Scientist....I was impressed with what you did with E85....your car sound and smell good

We all know your car could have made way more power.....you use what you needed to win......smart move.

Remember.....Sharif and I saw first hand how fast your car really is.

See you next your MS

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
of course man....I really respect the DIY effort and hope you push it more later on
i think next year it if there is another dynoshoot out it will be better if some classes are setup...
Heck i mean, i am sure you tell yourself i can beat 650whp all day....
i dont think its weaksauce....but i jsut dont look at 500-600whp on the Z like in 2005-2006, just like i am sure you dont....you look beyond that.

WE have all year to debate how to divide classes... and for the $$$ factor as Alberto said, maybe we should have a class for those with XKRs wallet, or vs those that don't lol...and vs those with "shop" funds.
Funny Jorge.....

All joking aside....they should have classes.....I maybe wrong....but from what I saw.....A lot of people that would have put their cars on the dyno changes their minds after seeing the numbers that the Mad Scientist Corn Fed Beast put out ....

Joe was just planning on getting the car dyno'ed to see what the Corn was doing....he was planning on running very low boost......he only turn it up more for us.

Last edited by XKR; 06-01-2009 at 01:03 PM.
Old 06-01-2009, 02:39 PM
ToastZ

+1000

Showing up is what counts most when it comes to ZdayZ. Great job Joe, you dialed in what you needed to and even turned it up a little just as a crowd pleaser and XKR and I didn't want the fun to end.

See you next year
Old 06-01-2009, 02:46 PM
InjectedPerf
Sponsor
Injected Performance

Come on Lar, how many Supras at the TX2K.. drove 311 turns then went on the dyno and made 1350rwhp? None. I think a z that went through the dragon and put down 650rwhp and then drove back through the dragon is very impressive. Oh, and all these cars were pump gas vehicles with Joe being the only E85 (which is available at select pumps) Z there. None of these cars were trailer queens.

Where were the SP high horsepower VQs?

Originally Posted by SoundPerformance
The winner was 650 RWHP???

Oh man we have to put the Z on the map boys!!
Old 06-01-2009, 02:47 PM
InjectedPerf
Sponsor
Injected Performance

I can beat 650whp all day!, that is weak sauce..." All I have to say is then bring your car next year and do it!!!!!

Ummm, I did, but it was on a trailer, and didn't get even close to the dragon
Old 06-01-2009, 02:57 PM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

did joe bring in drums of gas, as i havent seen any E85 at the pumps here in NC?
or i guess you can mix it with normal petrol?
Old 06-01-2009, 03:05 PM
Tyler4

Originally Posted by str8dum1
did joe bring in drums of gas, as i havent seen any E85 at the pumps here in NC?
or i guess you can mix it with normal petrol?
Yea, he brought his own. Didnt want to take any chances with not being able to find any E85 pumps....Smart man
Old 06-01-2009, 03:11 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tyler4
Yea, he brought his own.
I heard he grew his own.
Old 06-01-2009, 03:16 PM
coachk
Banned

Looks like it was a good day for all.... Nice vids Raj.

How did they anchor those straps?
Old 06-01-2009, 03:18 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by coachk
Looks like it was a good day for all.... Nice vids Raj.

How did they anchor those straps?
The dyno had a hook setup on it......It was kind of kool the way they did it. Look at the back of the car on the video.....you will see the bar and ties for the rear
Old 06-01-2009, 03:20 PM
psychoballistic

Greg and Hal, awesome to meet you guys finally. You put on a great event with bringing the dyno down. It was a pleasure meeting you guys.
Old 06-01-2009, 03:24 PM
InjectedPerformance
Vendor - Former Vendor

This was the first year that we brought the dyno to Zdayz. In the end, I think it just added yet another activity to the event as a whole. We aren't trying to take anything away from the atmosphere that the organizers work so hard to create. Fun times driving amazing roads during the day - one big party among friends at night. Maybe one day Zdayz will be the venue to have a legitimate big guns horsepower shootout, but we were perfectly happy to strap down multiple bone stock Z's just to give them a baseline number. I know that they were all appreciative as well, and that's what counts.

Zdayz has always seemed to me to be an event for the community, by the community. It would be a little harder to get going without all of the sponsors involved, but our "horsepower shootout" was intended for the individual participants of Zdayz. Maybe next year we can try to get some hype going for a big numbers contest with all of the shop cars that ride in on a trailer instead of driving through the dragon and surrounding roads. We've got a few weeks shy of a year to organize that

I think Joe's car was a perfect example of what should have won our shootout, and we were happy to give him our "highest horsepower" trophy

I did have Randy signed up for a spot on Saturday afternoon, but we were competing with the car show for scheduling.
Old 06-01-2009, 03:28 PM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

Bla bla bla! When it comes down to it they are all dyno queens!! With spare parts and jacks in the trunk ready for... you know.

Joe good job doing break thru stuff with the car, I just wish someone would help you with funds so you can be even more aggressive.

Now Joe sell your car and get an M!!
Old 06-01-2009, 03:29 PM
thom000001

Thursday and 700 miles = fail for this year

work owned me (3 days off work not good at a time where any days off are bad lol).

But with that being said....there is a Chicago 2K9 event this year (supra guys have it but all are invited and encouraged to come).....lets see some folks come up this way too.......

tom

Originally Posted by InjectedPerf
Come on Lar, how many Supras at the TX2K.. drove 311 turns then went on the dyno and made 1350rwhp? None. I think a z that went through the dragon and put down 650rwhp and then drove back through the dragon is very impressive. Oh, and all these cars were pump gas vehicles with Joe being the only E85 (which is available at select pumps) Z there. None of these cars were trailer queens.

Where were the SP high horsepower VQs?
Old 06-01-2009, 03:36 PM
blasian

Originally Posted by InjectedPerformance
This was the first year that we brought the dyno to Zdayz. In the end, I think it just added yet another activity to the event as a whole. We aren't trying to take anything away from the atmosphere that the organizers work so hard to create. Fun times driving amazing roads during the day - one big party among friends at night. Maybe one day Zdayz will be the venue to have a legitimate big guns horsepower shootout, but we were perfectly happy to strap down multiple bone stock Z's just to give them a baseline number. I know that they were all appreciative as well, and that's what counts.

Zdayz has always seemed to me to be an event for the community, by the community. It would be a little harder to get going without all of the sponsors involved, but our "horsepower shootout" was intended for the individual participants of Zdayz. Maybe next year we can try to get some hype going for a big numbers contest with all of the shop cars that ride in on a trailer instead of driving through the dragon and surrounding roads. We've got a few weeks shy of a year to organize that

I think Joe's car was a perfect example of what should have won our shootout, and we were happy to give him our "highest horsepower" trophy

I did have Randy signed up for a spot on Saturday afternoon, but we were competing with the car show for scheduling.
I thought the dyno was a great addition to Zdayz. Not everyone lives near a dyno so it allows those to get a chance to see what they're making. Even if it is stock

I think the sponsors did a great job.
Old 06-01-2009, 03:39 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by InjectedPerformance

Greg.....I hope to see you and Hal next year. As I said in another post....the Dyno was the best attraction IMO at ZdayZ. Now that they are adding the airport event to ZdayZ.....it gives me 2 solid attractions to look forward to.
Old 06-01-2009, 03:44 PM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

They need to add the "Miss Zday" competition!!!

Humm??? on second thought, I don't about that???
Old 06-01-2009, 03:45 PM
Tyler4

Originally Posted by eagletanggreen
They need to add the "Miss Zday" competition!!!

Humm??? on second thought, I don't about that???

Quick Reply: Injected Performance Dyno Shootout at ZdayZ 2009!