Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

F-Con install

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 06:41 PM
rrmedicx

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This may sound crazy but when have you last checked your brakes? I had the same 3 idiot lights (VDC, Brake and SLIP)on my dash until I checked my brakes. Turned out they were low and needed to replace the pads. Once I did that, the lights went away. Strange warning device Nissan set-up.
Old 05-23-2009, 07:13 PM
westpak
SFZCC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rrmedicx
This may sound crazy but when have you last checked your brakes? I had the same 3 idiot lights (VDC, Brake and SLIP)on my dash until I checked my brakes. Turned out they were low and needed to replace the pads. Once I did that, the lights went away. Strange warning device Nissan set-up.
that is not a warning device for low pads, it is for low brake fluid which is a result of worn pads.

as for the steering angle, if it is slightly off and the orientation of the steering wheel doesn't bother you the dealer can just reset the steering angle, if the the steering wheel does bother you then you would have to correct the shaft
Old 05-23-2009, 09:43 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by westpak
that is not a warning device for low pads, it is for low brake fluid which is a result of worn pads.

as for the steering angle, if it is slightly off and the orientation of the steering wheel doesn't bother you the dealer can just reset the steering angle, if the the steering wheel does bother you then you would have to correct the shaft
*snort* you said shaft *giggle*
Old 05-24-2009, 05:11 AM
nosurf2day

I wonder, I have an aftermarket steering wheel. I pulled the center piece that has that wound up tape in it. I dont know the name of the part but i had to pull it to put my hub in. With that being gone. Is that why my sensor is pulling a code. Personally my steering wheel doesnt bother me at all. I just want the lights to go away if at all possible. And to have ABS again.

I went to autozone.

These are the codes they pulled.
P1288
P1289
P0507
P1279

They couldnt read the codes for the ABS, or Brake. I am going to go to infinity and get a guy to hook me up.

I know this for sure. After putting on the Rotora BBK, my car locks up quick if I slam on it so the ABS does not work at all.

I dont see how this has anything to do with the steering wheel.
Old 05-24-2009, 05:52 AM
GreenGoblin

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok so lets narrow this down, you have a lot going on. When did the lights all appear after the install of the turbo kit? This would mean when the motor was out the shaft got turned a little bit and is reading incorrect at the steering angle sensor. The dealer can reset the zero point.

The steering wheel, you might have damaged the clock spring which could a option to look into.

I am leaning to the fcon not having anything to do with it.

The abs problem is most likely linked to this main culpret.
Old 05-24-2009, 11:30 AM
nosurf2day

The only light that appeared after the turbo install was the check light.

The other lights appeared after the F-Con install 6 months later.

The motor was never pulled, I installed the turbo kit myself. I put in a TN kit so I didnt have to pull the motor.

The clock spring. That is the thing that has the wire tape that is wound around in that plastic housing?

I still need to have the other codes pulled. I am dealing with an air conditioner compressor that just went out and I am replacing today. What luck huh?
Old 05-24-2009, 02:23 PM
GreenGoblin

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok so if the motor was never pulled, that means down on the power steering rack that will be good. It could be the clock spring was damaged when you changed the wheel. I would recomend bring it to the dealer to have them read the abs codes, unless you know someone local with a cypher cable.
Old 05-24-2009, 08:48 PM
nosurf2day

the clock spring what does that look like? I have a hook up on the cypher, I am getting him to square me away tuesday.