Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Best exhaust for G35 with Vortech

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 04:40 PM
tylerxfire

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

about 8 seconds worth of a nismo with vortech from about 3.5k to redline on a 4th gear pull..sorry all my good vids are on my camcorder which im in the process of transferring the footage to a disc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n26QrvC3Vw8
Old 05-30-2009, 05:55 PM
05Z33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Borla sounds awsome with my Vortech. I also have test pipes and headers, but the Borla alone sounds nice. It's loud when you get on it, and around town it's just a little louder than stock.
Old 05-30-2009, 06:48 PM
deanG35c6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love the way my Stillen sounds, but it does have some drone I can hear from inside the cabin.
Old 05-30-2009, 07:37 PM
g35keys

Nismo sounding pretty nice...hmm 05z33 you got any clips of your borla vortech???
Old 05-30-2009, 08:16 PM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

Suprised me this thread didn't close

long as you don't go too big piping you should be fine. Try search next time, there is ton of info out there( Trust me, there is many SAME topic thread, even on G35driver.com). You will see more good idea from " Intake/Exhaust " section.

At the idle, you will hear more SC sound and at the higher RPMs, you will hear more exhaust sounds. Who likes how stock sounds, most of them went with borla, nismo ( Fuji ) or FI exhaust and they happy with it. Everyone has their own taste, no one really can tell you which is best.

Good luck
Old 05-31-2009, 08:04 AM
g35keys

Originally Posted by Chef-J
Suprised me this thread didn't close

long as you don't go too big piping you should be fine. Try search next time, there is ton of info out there( Trust me, there is many SAME topic thread, even on G35driver.com). You will see more good idea from " Intake/Exhaust " section.

At the idle, you will hear more SC sound and at the higher RPMs, you will hear more exhaust sounds. Who likes how stock sounds, most of them went with borla, nismo ( Fuji ) or FI exhaust and they happy with it. Everyone has their own taste, no one really can tell you which is best.

Good luck
Dude not trying to sound like a @ss or anything but HONESTLY..it shouldn't be closed it was a DUAL question. It was like oh dude what exhaust should I get. and it wasn't like Oh this is wrong with my charger..it was simply what would do this with that. So no it wouldn't have just went fine over there. And far as searching, doesn't work out so well searching "G35 vortech exhaust without rasp that keep the same type of note"

Trust I know how to use the search feature bud, I use 6mt,here, and G35driver only a daily basis and sometimes Gfrenzy. I do thank you for still answering and not just going off on a "search rant". Again would think to look for F.I. related questions in exhaust that were of the caliber of my question. And I posted over here because some of ya'll seamed a bit more knowledgeable and reliable so take that as a compliment and don't reem me for knowing the go to guys.

But, I digress this answer right here is Perfect and I thank you for it since you answered the question to a Tee...

Who likes how stock sounds, most of them went with borla, nismo ( Fuji ) or FI exhaust and they happy with it. I've now heard Fuji,nismo, and Fuji on Vortech I just need to here Borla and I'm set
Old 05-31-2009, 08:27 AM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

Originally Posted by g35keys
Dude not trying to sound like a @ss or anything but HONESTLY..it shouldn't be closed it was a DUAL question. It was like oh dude what exhaust should I get. and it wasn't like Oh this is wrong with my charger..it was simply what would do this with that. So no it wouldn't have just went fine over there. And far as searching, doesn't work out so well searching "G35 vortech exhaust without rasp that keep the same type of note"

Trust I know how to use the search feature bud, I use 6mt,here, and G35driver only a daily basis and sometimes Gfrenzy. I do thank you for still answering and not just going off on a "search rant". Again would think to look for F.I. related questions in exhaust that were of the caliber of my question. And I posted over here because some of ya'll seamed a bit more knowledgeable and reliable so take that as a compliment and don't reem me for knowing the go to guys.

But, I digress this answer right here is Perfect and I thank you for it since you answered the question to a Tee...

Who likes how stock sounds, most of them went with borla, nismo ( Fuji ) or FI exhaust and they happy with it. I've now heard Fuji,nismo, and Fuji on Vortech I just need to here Borla and I'm set
Rasp and drone, there is nothing to do with sc, its up to what u add tp or hfc and how exhaust system desiged.
That's why I said find ur answer on intake exhaust section. And there is info out there, you don't have to put "no drone exhaust for g35 sc". all you gotta put brand name of exhaust and search each of that sound clips and what people review.

I don't know why you gotta take it to as$ dude.
Why u asking same/simiar question, does it has to be special?

Edit: my bad, if I sound like an a$$, I'm just not in good mood lol

Last edited by Chef-J; 05-31-2009 at 08:31 AM.
Old 05-31-2009, 08:40 AM
g35keys

^^So at no point will the exhaust note change because of the supercharger?(wasn't positive if xyz exhaust would sound different on N/A car vs. SC)

With this new gained information atleast now I'm positive that SC doesn't affect exhausts sound at all.

Well looks like all of the ones I liked can still work so I'll listen to some more sound clips threw the week and think about it...thanks for the input again guys Motordyne,FI,Nismo,Borla Ill keep listening to these and decide

Last edited by g35keys; 05-31-2009 at 08:50 AM.
Old 05-31-2009, 09:09 AM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

My experince didn't change at all.
Sc still running thru headers and cat and air flow like n/a, not like turbo application. At the idle, you only hear sc running sound(2.87 is really louder that 3.12 imo) but at the higher rpms ur exhaust will be louder than sc. I'm running aps td 2.5 and had little drone and little louder than nismo (both setup I had hfc) but once I added xpipe sounds much quiter than without it and I like it much better than just td setup.

Test pipe will gives u more rasp and drone compare hfc setup. That is why many people went witg hfc include myself.

You can read from my previous posts, I really love how nismo+hfc sound(I have a sound clip on intake/exhaust section). That's just me, some doesn't like it.

Good luck man, and sorry again if I sound like b1ach from previous post

Originally Posted by g35keys
^^So at no point will the exhaust note change because of the supercharger?(wasn't positive if xyz exhaust would sound different on N/A car vs. SC)

With this new gained information atleast now I'm positive that SC doesn't affect exhausts sound at all.

Well looks like all of the ones I liked can still work so I'll listen to some more sound clips threw the week and think about it...thanks for the input again guys Motordyne,FI,Nismo,Borla Ill keep listening to these and decide
Old 06-01-2009, 07:49 AM
JET MECH

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have been through 3 different exhaust systems. i now have the fast intensions 2.5" dual setup with 2.5" aps down pipes. hands down the best sounding exhaust with no rasp what so ever!! the magna flow x pipe/ power chamber makes the difference, nice low tone and not super loud.
Old 06-01-2009, 02:39 PM
Xendric

I absolutely love my Apexi N1.
Almost stock at idle/low revs, but SCREAMS when you step on it.
The Vortech WOOOSH is still the best part tho!
Old 06-01-2009, 02:47 PM
iStan
ZR

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JET MECH
i have been through 3 different exhaust systems. i now have the fast intensions 2.5" dual setup with 2.5" aps down pipes. hands down the best sounding exhaust with no rasp what so ever!!
I hated your last exhaust. It woke the dead. The new one if fantastic.
Old 06-08-2009, 05:51 AM
g35keys

LOL the fast intentions woke the dead...I can't even hear the damn Vq motor I just hear the Vortech. I'm like um wheres my thoaty sound , still love the sexiness of the vortech. I'm on my phone now but I'll take a listen to that apex, right now the nismo,F.I. and motordyne were being considered. Just waiting for a little more cushion back in my pocket.