Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

momentum performance

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 02:29 PM
aronjr84dd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey scott when do you plan to have the kit for retail...im not to far and have a stock de for you guys to test with..i posted earlier...do you guys have an email that works?
Old 06-07-2009, 03:03 PM
nomyth46

scott is your car an awd talon?............which shop car had the greddy kit the silver one or the black one?
Old 06-07-2009, 03:05 PM
nomyth46

ben whatzup this is dave with the silver greddy tt Z
Old 06-07-2009, 03:25 PM
aronjr84dd

hey ben not sure whats wrong ..but NONE of your momentum email accounts work....kinda wierd...i tried all of the ones on your site...you guys may have a problem
Old 06-07-2009, 04:26 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Scott@Momentum
Wow... just trying to help. We have installed many Turbonetics kits as well as a couple twin kits and tried to improve on them in every aspect. Before creating this kit we have had a turbonetics kit, aps kit, and greddy kit all installed on our shop car. I'm not saying that the kit is not capable of producing good power and in reality the more power your making with the kit the less of an effect that wastegate placement would have (less exhaust gas released). That being said you can't deny that the exhaust gas has to flow backwards from one bank to get to that wastegate. I would have thought it was a well known issue although maybe it's been changed before the actual production version.

Obviously I can tell the difference between charge piping and hot side I meant that I could not tell which aluminum pipe was which. I can obviously tell which stainless pieces are what parts of the exhaust but the aluminum parts are pretty similar and the picture makes them look fairly 2d.

I can't speak to the cost of fabbing a 42 on there like anything else it really depends on how good of a job you want done and what you are willing to sacrifice.

An off the shelf 35R comes with a 4" inlet and 2.5" outlet. That turbo does not. I'm not saying its not a Garrett or that its not a 35R I'm just saying its not "off the shelf"

I think the rest of the kit look nice and is way ahead of turbonetics and would be glad to backup my claims about the wastegate if someone in the area had a kit. I have two emap sensors, two egts, and a data logger if anyone is interested.

As for the cost of the kit we are not ready to publicly release pricing as of yet. The kit has been in development/production stages for a long time and once you see detailed pictures of the kit it will be obvious it is not based off the powerlab kit.

As for the comments about the ecu I was just stating a difference I didn't claim or intend that their was anything wrong with their choice and of course it can be sold like any other kit with any type of tuning your interested in.
LOL Trying to help who??? Yourselves?

Bottom line: You have NO experience with the PowerLab kit and your inflammatory comments about it put you at risk for a lawsuit.

The comments about the wastegate location on the PowerLab kit are unsubstantiated and the burden is on you to prove that there is in fact a problem. Anything less is slander by a company that has yet to see a PowerLab kit.

I'm curious if you guys were saying this inflammatory garbage about the wastegate on the PowerLab kit while you were at Zdayz.
Old 06-07-2009, 04:32 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0

Bottom line: You have NO experience with the PowerLab kit and your inflammatory comments about it put you at risk for a lawsuit.

The comments about the wastegate location on the PowerLab kit are unsubstantiated and the burden is on you to prove that there is in fact a problem. Anything less is slander by a company that has yet to see a PowerLab kit.

I'm curious if you guys were saying this inflammatory garbage about the wastegate on the PowerLab kit while you were at Zdayz.
yes they were talking about it....
Old 06-07-2009, 04:36 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0

OHHHHhh LAWD !!! WOW Scott or Ben....whoever you are......not a kool way to come on here and promote your product. You are off to a bad start. Good products sell on their own merits. You all were nice about handing out free beer at ZdayZ...(even though I dont drink)...I hope you all did not repeat this to the possible customers at your tent.....Atleast I hope they were too drunk to remember

Last edited by XKR; 06-07-2009 at 04:50 PM.
Old 06-07-2009, 04:57 PM
XKR

Trying to help the people with the power lab kit. If I had one I would just have it relocated. It wouldnt be all that hard to have that fabbed up. I can't say for sure that no one from our shop talked about it at Z Days but I know I didn't.

The proof is in the picture unless that wastegate has been relocated since then I would like to know how the exhaust gas can flow from the driver side bank to the wastegate location without traveling through oncoming flow from the other bank? Like I said we don't have a powerlab kit to test but if anyone is interested I would be happy to test it for free.

The wastegate comment is the only "inflammatory" comment I have made and it seems like pretty much common sense to me.
Scott or Ben.......STOP....come on now.....how can you correct something you have never seen in person. There are ton of PL kits sold ....I have not heard any bad reviews. If you had started your sentence with..( We have tested the PL kit)....then we would listen....but come on now....You are heading down a oneway street the wrong way
Old 06-07-2009, 05:04 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Trying to help the people with the power lab kit. If I had one I would just have it relocated. It wouldnt be all that hard to have that fabbed up. I can't say for sure that no one from our shop talked about it at Z Days but I know I didn't.

The proof is in the picture unless that wastegate has been relocated since then I would like to know how the exhaust gas can flow from the driver side bank to the wastegate location without traveling through oncoming flow from the other bank? Like I said we don't have a powerlab kit to test but if anyone is interested I would be happy to test it for free.

The wastegate comment is the only "inflammatory" comment I have made and it seems like pretty much common sense to me.
It seems like common sense to me that you should stop putting your company at risk by talking negatively about a competitor's product that you have ZERO experience with.

Old 06-07-2009, 05:05 PM
IIQuickSilverII

yeap, trying to help your self out

well junior... while you keep cratching your head trying to figure it out, powerlab already has achived 1000hp with this kit, sold it and installed on dozens of cars, over a year and no issues with the tune, engine, no problem adjusting to weather and/or elevation changes....out the box gt35r reaches 653whp and 706 on gt37r.... please take your "help", booger welds and fail right in the same place your have your head up at

Your right. I'll refrain from anymore comments until/if we test it.

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 06-07-2009 at 05:09 PM.
Old 06-07-2009, 05:09 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Your right. I'll refrain from anymore comments until/if we test it.
Finally!!! That's what you should have said after my first post.
Old 06-07-2009, 05:16 PM
aronjr84dd

Wow...so the guy should not have said "huge problem"...but instead i think our design is better than the PL kit....you can tell by looking at their products that it is not just a thrown together kit....from the looks of it, its well made.....and at least companies are still trying to develop new products for our cars....but come on 3 pages of bitching.....but hopefully we can get some install pics and dyno numbers and let that do the talking for them.....they can start with my car.....lol....

Last edited by aronjr84dd; 06-07-2009 at 05:20 PM.
Old 06-07-2009, 05:31 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by aronjr84dd
Wow...so the guy should not have said "huge problem"...but instead i think our design is better than the PL kit....you can tell by looking at their products that it is not just a thrown together kit....from the looks of it, its well made.....and at least companies are still trying to develop new products for our cars....but come on 3 pages of bitching.....but hopefully we can get some install pics and dyno numbers and let that do the talking for them.....they can start with my car.....lol....
Ummm... No. They shouldn't say that either, since they haven't even seen a PowerLab kit yet. They as a company shouldn't officially be making ANY negative comments, superiority claims, or comparisons to the PowerLab kit until they have personally tested one and can show proof to substantiate their claims.

What is sooo hard or unreasonable to understand about that??? How would you like it if a company knocked off your product and made slanderous comments about your product when they have never even seen it in person???

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 06-07-2009 at 05:42 PM.
Old 06-07-2009, 05:41 PM
aronjr84dd

I dont believe it soo hard or unreasonable to understand....because ben got it and realzied he was in the wrong...
Old 06-07-2009, 05:45 PM
Jason333
hi

Angry fanboys are serious business

Last edited by Jason333; 06-07-2009 at 06:00 PM.
Old 06-07-2009, 05:46 PM
Vas@Extended
Vendor - Former Vendor

Come on guys, stop killing the guy... I dont see how he is bashing powerlab? He was just stating his opinion about the WG.. so?.. you dont have to agree with him and no reason to call him a jackass and what not...
Old 06-07-2009, 05:58 PM
UMW350Z

I want to see tests done that confirm the wastegate placement affects performance. I still do not see any data supporting or condeming the placement. I have had my doubts about the placement as well yet NO ONE has explained why it was built into the crossover pipe and not after the banks meet. I hear crickets from PL when I have asked the question in the past.
Old 06-07-2009, 06:00 PM
k6750gsxr

Goodlooking kit guys and it was nice to meet you at ZDAYZ.

Lol at the PL guys getting so defensive. if you had any other kit would your care ?

I had a shop tell me that my GTM kit was crap and you don't see me all upset about it.

Its called an opinion. Its like a butt hole every one has one.
Old 06-07-2009, 06:34 PM
IIQuickSilverII

really... did they come on the board and started talking shlt right away?

its cute you sticking up for your buddy though... just dont pretend to be unbiased here

Originally Posted by Jason333
Angry fanboys are serious business
wow i expected better jason , mike sees it clear, and its not just an opinion, its called bashing...its their first thread and first topic in the message boards

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 06-07-2009 at 07:37 PM.
Old 06-07-2009, 06:44 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Knock off?... Our kit is drastically different than the powerlab kit.

The picture substantiates my claim. I would have been done but claiming our kit is a knockoff is WAY over the top. None of us have even seen a powerlab kit in person. By your standards powerlab knocked off turbonetics and we knocked off powerlab.

In a simple answer do you believe that air coming out of the driver side bank can flow out that wastegate without traveling against flow? You'll notice that's the only bad thing I said about their kit and there is no way that is a remotely disputable point. Anyone that looks at that picture can see that its physically impossible that my claim is not in fact correct. That doesn't mean the kit can't make good power or that it isn't a quality kit but I see that as an issue that I would want to change if it were my car. That's all I'm saying.

I could "prove" if the picture didn't that my claim is true but I can't see spending 7000 to do so when the picture has already done it.
LOL @ a company not willing to spend $7000 on their R&D to put their money where their mouth is.

Quick Reply: momentum performance