Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Part 3: Uprev is Fixing and tunning my SC Z...

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 01:08 PM
tiguy99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chef, that sucks. Quite a few scams have been going on the forums lately (here and driver of course).

Just have to be careful and I hope at least this story has a happy ending
Old 08-02-2009, 07:25 PM
TShepp

Originally Posted by Chef-J
Oh gotcha, once you go boost...i'm sure you will not care about exhaust sounds.
Im just trying to make sure I get an exhaust NOW that will be good for boost in the future...I like the Bassani but I am wondering if that might be kinda small piping for FI
Old 08-02-2009, 08:47 PM
midz350

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by TShepp
Im just trying to make sure I get an exhaust NOW that will be good for boost in the future...I like the Bassani but I am wondering if that might be kinda small piping for FI
I like the Greddy Turbo TI-C. Its great for boost and n/a and the best thing is that you can find it for $1000.
Old 08-03-2009, 05:55 AM
TShepp

Originally Posted by midz350
I like the Greddy Turbo TI-C. Its great for boost and n/a and the best thing is that you can find it for $1000.
I kinda like that exhaust too...the Bassani is spose to be the best sounding and I really like the Motordyne Gamma but dont know if i wanna spend more than $1k on a catback...
Old 08-03-2009, 12:12 PM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

Originally Posted by midz350
IMO,
TI-c TD is good for HR engine(N/A), but too big piping for DE.
Old 08-03-2009, 01:53 PM
TShepp

Its so damn hard picking an exhaust for this car!!
Old 08-03-2009, 02:12 PM
Cass007
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Vids of smoking tires, drifting and full throttle pulls or
Old 08-03-2009, 03:09 PM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

Originally Posted by Cass007
Vids of smoking tires, drifting and full throttle pulls or
Car is comming tommorow after 4pm. Stuck on weekend plus company got so busy this weekend. Will try get a video.

Its so damn hard picking an exhaust for this car!!
No worry. You should be fine with Bassani piping (was 2.25? or little bigger?). I would more keep my eyes on exhaust leak with bassani.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:22 PM
TShepp

Well the Bassani is 2.25 true dual all the way back, and I think if I eventually do the Vortech that its going to be too small (anyone?)...I do like the Greddy TI-C but worried about being too loud with TPs, HKS is very popular but the tone is a lil raspy and higher pitched, I want something decently loud and deeper...Still kinda thinking about the Motordyne but its pretty pricey...I wanted to stick around $1k or lower...
Old 08-03-2009, 05:45 PM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

Received 118 Likes on 63 Posts

Well the Bassani is 2.25 true dual all the way back, and I think if I eventually do the Vortech that its going to be too small (anyone?)...I do like the Greddy TI-C but worried about being too loud with TPs, HKS is very popular but the tone is a lil raspy and higher pitched, I want something decently loud and deeper...Still kinda thinking about the Motordyne but its pretty pricey...I wanted to stick around $1k or lower...
Find a 2.5" true dual or 3" single and you will make good power NA and still have sufficient flow for a 400whp set-up.
Old 08-04-2009, 05:41 AM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

Some makes 500whp with smaller pipe size than 2.5 TD witout any problem.(build/Sc)
Old 08-04-2009, 09:28 AM
ramirj2

Chef!

I see you have done a lot since installing this kit. Is there any particular problem with your previous Utec + Flash setup?
I’m planning on a Vortech tuner kit with 3.12 already have 600cc, Utec and walbro and was planning on flashig the ECU to scale the injectors, raise the idle ect…to have better idle quality and then tune with the UTEC.
Other than drivability what are the benefits of the Osiris or the problems with the UTEC?
Old 08-04-2009, 10:09 AM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

Originally Posted by ramirj2
Chef!

I see you have done a lot since installing this kit. Is there any particular problem with your previous Utec + Flash setup?
I’m planning on a Vortech tuner kit with 3.12 already have 600cc, Utec and walbro and was planning on flashig the ECU to scale the injectors, raise the idle ect…to have better idle quality and then tune with the UTEC.
Other than drivability what are the benefits of the Osiris or the problems with the UTEC?
Yea...short time done many things..lol

I really didn't have any problems with Utec itself. I had rough idle issue that bug me heck out of me all the time. Utec is piggy back, so i needed something control stock ECU, ( i had reflash via cipher, if i needed to go thru stock ECU at that time i had to purchase cipher to log on) Also pros told me that, once it adjust things on ECU i had to retune my Utec. With my budget osiris was best choice to go, also uprev is only 3 hrs from my house.

Osiris is reflash ECU, "to me" benefits is it runs only ECU so that can control from idle to redline ( like standalone ) I gotta drive first, so i will see if there is diffs between piggy back system vs ECU.

First and second tuned, i honestly looked at more power. But at this time, i looked more drivability and safe. I even removed W/M kit, water/methonal even gets really hot during the day, i didn't feel like to spray hot W/M into Hot engine( Maybe sounds stupid...). Also added fuel system. It sounds good choice to go with my power setup by search.

Good luck!
Old 08-04-2009, 06:25 PM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

Update:

Got my car today, i drove 60 milies right after they dropped it off.

Did quick pulls. Even 110 degree outside, this thing is pulling pulling hard. Maybe i'm used to driving a SUV...i don't know it feels VERY strong. It pulled very nice from 60mph on highway. This is my first time almost lost traction at first gear with 275 rear tires.

RFS- This thing is loud. Or am i confusing with other things?

TP - It sounds little louder than when i had HFC. But love this sounds more than HFC combo.

HFC- finally received HFCs, both them are bust. I thought only driverside. Will share pictures tommorow. Not a biggie tho.

Everything else looking good so far. I will write better reviews after drive more.

Again, Big thanks Uprev. When i received the car today, i could see they did more than what i asked them to do...
Old 08-04-2009, 06:27 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

no more idling problems j? good to hear everything went well.
Old 08-04-2009, 06:30 PM
Z_Nick_Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

awesome chef!

im glad everything turned out great, im excited to hear the review
Old 08-04-2009, 06:36 PM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

Originally Posted by Nexx
no more idling problems j? good to hear everything went well.
Nope not at all. Start up, after pulled and after curious for while. I kept my eyes on idle, no more =P

Also, my misfire code is gone.... I even plug my code reader to check see if it still shows...But nothing so far.
Old 08-04-2009, 06:37 PM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

Originally Posted by Zippy_z
awesome chef!

im glad everything turned out great, im excited to hear the review
Thanks
Old 08-04-2009, 06:54 PM
tylerxfire

awesome chef, im sure it will make u happy i will be going with osiris over winter as well once the car gets put away again...
as far as not being able to break loose before i struggle to get traction till 3rd half the time with 275's on the back..im sure its much better now have fun lets see some vids and get it to the track
Old 08-04-2009, 06:58 PM
tylerxfire

for me after my 2nd set of high flows failing I gutted those out and now they are cracking on the weld for the bracket and berk replaced them again under warranty for there test pipes so i will be putting them on end of the week when they get here and getting re-tuned for this summer heat and humidity cause i notice it getting a little rich lately...i am getting married and the funds have started to get drawn to that.. have fun with the car man

Quick Reply: Part 3: Uprev is Fixing and tunning my SC Z...