Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Vortech Superchager Issue// HIccups?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 05:15 PM
kajuraelai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vortech Superchager Issue// HIccups?

Good Afternoon guys ,
Everyone has been such a help when it comes to my FI woes so i wanted to present something i thought was weird today. It was 97 degrees in orange county and while i was driving home my car started loosing rpms kinda like a hiccup while cruising. I thought it was a misfire , but i stepped on the gas couple minutes after it happen and the car still ran pretty smooth , just feels like the hiccups occur when im not in WOT, just happen to be cruising.
I dont have CEL codes of any sort, and so i thought id present it to you guys and see if anyone has had this happen to them before. BTW i did end up checking the supercharger blower and notice some oil accumulating but i didnt think it would be enough to cause this kind of hiccup correct?
any help would be great!
Old 08-25-2009, 06:07 PM
350z006

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

hmmm...sounds vaguely similar to my ground connection issues...but also sounds similar to the issues I had with my water/meth, when I had too much boost juice going into my car causing "quench"...

Originally Posted by kajuraelai
Good Afternoon guys ,
Everyone has been such a help when it comes to my FI woes so i wanted to present something i thought was weird today. It was 97 degrees in orange county and while i was driving home my car started loosing rpms kinda like a hiccup while cruising. I thought it was a misfire , but i stepped on the gas couple minutes after it happen and the car still ran pretty smooth , just feels like the hiccups occur when im not in WOT, just happen to be cruising.
I dont have CEL codes of any sort, and so i thought id present it to you guys and see if anyone has had this happen to them before. BTW i did end up checking the supercharger blower and notice some oil accumulating but i didnt think it would be enough to cause this kind of hiccup correct?
any help would be great!
Old 08-25-2009, 07:10 PM
kajuraelai

please describe this so called quench
Old 08-25-2009, 09:49 PM
Vas@Extended
Vendor - Former Vendor

I get those hiccups sometimes.. especially when im cursing .. at like 2500 rpm...but yet again its still fine when I press on the gas.
Old 08-26-2009, 05:57 AM
350z006

Basically, it's caused by haveing too much water/Meth being sprayed into the engine...it basically stops combustion in your engine because too much of the water/meth combo "quenches" the combustion very briefly...but usually the engine recover almost immediately; it almost feels like you stall for a split second, then it recovers...

But this happened when I first installed by water/meth and used too big of a nozzle and set the it to spray too early in boost...I doubt it should happen while cruising, unless you where in boost while cruising...

I still need to get back to Shawn to get my new blower/meth tuned as it is...keeping my meth off for now...

Originally Posted by kajuraelai
please describe this so called quench
Old 08-26-2009, 06:00 AM
djamps

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Vas@Extended
I get those hiccups sometimes.. especially when im cursing .. at like 2500 rpm...but yet again its still fine when I press on the gas.
I think I get them too. When cruising with maybe 5% throttle it seems to go in and out like the engine can't decide to decelerate or not. Slightly more pressure on the gas and it smooths out.
Old 08-26-2009, 06:02 AM
350z006

Hmmm, are you on Osiris too?

Originally Posted by djamps
I think I get them too. When cruising with maybe 5% throttle it seems to go in and out like the engine can't decide to decelerate or not. Slightly more pressure on the gas and it smooths out.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:10 PM
kajuraelai

wow both instances the exact thing im dealing with ... just recent too, i know harris and I are both on osiris ... you guys ?
Old 08-28-2009, 03:22 AM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

^vas and djamp running a utec I believe. I have a osiris now and I don't have any issue with drop rpms or etc. Might want to take it back to tuner, that might be just simple fix. I'm sure he can look up tune for you without charge anything. When I had utec, had similar hiccup. My issue was when I get on full throttle, sometimes rpms stuck at high rpms and dropped. Like hitting a wall feel...later i had chance to retune utec with smaller pulley, and never had that issue.

Blower- suspect other area as well. Install catch can is one good idea.(if you don't have one) are you runing v2? Or v3?

Btw, I ran a w/m with utec, but not with osiris.

Last edited by Chef-J; 08-28-2009 at 03:38 AM.
Old 11-07-2009, 09:51 AM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

ah, this "hiccup" is exactly what mine is doing and usually at cruise from 2000-2500 rpms. It occasionally does this at idle too. It's a very split hiccup and nobody notices it but me when they ride in the car. It feels like i've just slightly lifted my foot off the gas pedal.

could that just be the air moving through the vortech? more and more i'm thinking it's normal because i've torn everyhting apart trying to find a problem and haven't. new injectors, intake, the whole works.