Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

The Time Has Come MADScientest is selling his car!

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 01:37 PM
MADScientist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Time Has Come MADScientest is selling his car!

Ok guys...

I have kept this car for longer than I ever had expected to and it is just time to move on to the next project. I am having a good friend of mine list it for me on ebay at the following link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...#ht_6375wt_909

I have since ZDayZ upgraded the car with the Sound Performance Twin Turbo Kit and only put about 1000 miles on the car and fresh engine since. It has been a lot of fun, but I would like to get into a different platform at this point. I figure this is the time to sell it since everything in the power train is virtually brand new. On the new build the car did 700whp on the Dyno Dynamics at 18psi. If any of you have seen what SP's shop car as put down, you would know that with the turbos that are on the car would alow it to make 900+whp if you are willing to turn up the boost.

Reason for changing kits was because after ZDayZ I found out how much power the stock HR head bolts will actually hold. After 670whp the heads will lift!! When this happened it damaged the block... So I had to source a new block. When I did that I got all new rings, bearings and changed to the L19 ARP studs. At the same time this happened I was approached by a local guy about my Greddy kit and sold it to him for one heck of a price. Used that money to go big and get the SP kit. And I will say that everything that you may have heard about fitting this kit on the car is true! I had to modify A LOT of stuff to make this fit properly...

I am 100% happy with the car, other than the occational E85 startup/idle issue that pops up randomly. But if I am going to sell it now is the time when everything is new. Honestly the only way I will keep the car is if there is no one out there willing to pay what I think I need to get out of it. And if that is case, I will end up keeping it and stomping a hole in XKR at next year's Airstrip event!!! And at the price I am asking all of on here know that there is no way you can build this car with this kind of power for less than that. And even if you could... Mine is already done and is a nice example of how a Z should be built in all aspects.

Let the comments start flowing...

Last edited by MADScientist; 08-26-2009 at 01:51 PM.
Old 08-26-2009, 01:49 PM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What a sad sad day!!! I was hoping you were a lifer Joe.

Best of luck with the sale.

WTF!!!! ONLY $20K

Last edited by Cass007; 08-26-2009 at 01:59 PM.
Old 08-26-2009, 01:52 PM
05Z33

Wow very nice and complete Z you have there. Too bad you're going to let it go after dropping a chunk of change into it. Good luck with your sale and new project.
Old 08-26-2009, 01:55 PM
MADScientist

Originally Posted by Cass007
What a sad sad day!!! I was hoping you were a lifer Joe.

Best of luck with the sale.
If it does not sell for the right price I will be... We will just wait and see!
Old 08-26-2009, 02:05 PM
GTM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck with the sale, I have had my evo up on ebay for a while and all I get is high school kids asking me what type of camera I used for the pics. If I hear of anyone at the local meets looking to build a car I will send them your way.

On a side note, how many miles did you get out of the HR head studs and at what power levels/driving conditions.
Old 08-26-2009, 02:05 PM
350z 6spd

Good Luck. I have followed a few stages of your build and the car is simply amazing!
Old 08-26-2009, 02:10 PM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

eBay buyers are some cheap bastids. Good luck.
Old 08-26-2009, 02:34 PM
steven350

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

holy bejsus
Old 08-26-2009, 02:50 PM
r0mey
350Z-holic

good luck with the sale man and thanks for the info
Old 08-26-2009, 03:03 PM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Joe, noooooooooooooo. Best of luck with the sale
Old 08-26-2009, 03:11 PM
MADScientist

Originally Posted by George@GTM
Good luck with the sale, I have had my evo up on ebay for a while and all I get is high school kids asking me what type of camera I used for the pics. If I hear of anyone at the local meets looking to build a car I will send them your way.

On a side note, how many miles did you get out of the HR head studs and at what power levels/driving conditions.
The HR studs lasted 13,000 miles at ruffly 625-650whp DD... I am confident they would have lasted even longer if I would have just left the power there. Only thing that made those finally give up was greed! lol

I would recommend them to anyone that is going to build a 600whp car, which is all you can get out of a greddy kit for the long term anyway. Good way to save several hundred dollars on L19s and HKS gaskets
Old 08-26-2009, 03:12 PM
MADScientist

Originally Posted by Hal@IP
Joe, noooooooooooooo. Best of luck with the sale
I wont be too far away if it sells... Just time to max out a different car... I have a few in mind that I am sure you will approve of!

And of course if I don't get my bottom dollar I will be there next year at ZDayZ to defend BOTH of my titles!!!!
Old 08-26-2009, 03:22 PM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Good luck with the sale Joe. Regardless, hope to see you at ZdayZ, either in this yellow beast or whatever follows.

For those of you new to the game, this is the best way to dive in and get one heck of a deal on a supercar from a great guy. Many of us have met Joe personally and can vouch for his integrity. This is the real deal.
Old 08-26-2009, 03:27 PM
ni$mo350

Wow what a badass build GLWS. It probably won't matter but just a heads up to get a pic with your username and date on it so they don't have a reason to delete it.
Old 08-26-2009, 03:34 PM
ToastZ

Good luck with the sale Joe.

You can still come to ZdayZ, no matter what you are driving
Old 08-26-2009, 03:37 PM
XKR

If I had known you were going to sell the car I would have let the cat out of the bag a long time ago......I am not happy that you are selling it Joe....please dont sell it...

If you keep it...I will give you a 3 car length at ZdayZ.....now I know that has to mean something
Old 08-26-2009, 03:38 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good luck with the sale Joe......but i still think Alberto would give you a great run.....oh i didnt say that did i.
Old 08-26-2009, 03:49 PM
MADScientist

Originally Posted by XKR
If I had known you were going to sell the car I would have let the cat out of the bag a long time ago......I am not happy that you are selling it Joe....please dont sell it...

If you keep it...I will give you a 3 car length at ZdayZ.....now I know that has to mean something
I have my eye on a new project man... But, if I end up keeping the car, I will give you the 3 cars, since you will probably need it!

I know that my asking price is a little high for an ebay sale, but we all know that you could not build my car for less than $80K and that is if you do the work yourself... I plan on listing it on ebay for 2 weeks, then if it does not sell going to put it on Dupont Registry. Give it a month and then I guess I will have no choice but to put even more money in to it and ensure ZDayZ 2010 victory!! hahaha
Old 08-26-2009, 03:58 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by MADScientist
I have my eye on a new project man... But, if I end up keeping the car, I will give you the 3 cars, since you will probably need it!

I know that my asking price is a little high for an ebay sale, but we all know that you could not build my car for less than $80K and that is if you do the work yourself... I plan on listing it on ebay for 2 weeks, then if it does not sell going to put it on Dupont Registry. Give it a month and then I guess I will have no choice but to put even more money in to it and ensure ZDayZ 2010 victory!! hahaha

OK...Kool.....hope you have it at ZdayZ....
Old 08-26-2009, 04:08 PM
thom000001

good luck with the sale joe.....those the 62mm's then?

Tom

Quick Reply: The Time Has Come MADScientest is selling his car!