Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Has anyone ever recirculated their vortech bpv?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 12:32 PM
tylerxfire

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chef-J
I had the bpv filter, but never try. But i heard it makes quiet a bit.

http://www.superchargersonline.com/p...ber=V8H040-175

it does nothing, i have it
Old 09-29-2009, 12:33 PM
tylerxfire

i want to quiet mine down in the worst way but for some reason this is confusing the **** out of me on the proper way to do this.....
Old 09-29-2009, 01:05 PM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I was thinking of just where it would go and not affect the tune

Like said, place to route it is back into the intake to the blower.

On our car, that would be a good bit of piping as you'd have to run a tube across the motor into an intake tube like the Z has.

Originally Posted by Cux350z
^ youre confusing me. Up above you said:

which i was reading and was going to post what Quamen already has. That wouldnt be "returning" more like rerouting to intake and eliminating the BPV

If you wish to recric you must do it before the blower.
Old 09-29-2009, 05:04 PM
rx7/350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok......... the only way to do this is to dump the air on the negative or vaccum side of the supercharger. on our cars (vortech) there is only a filter there, so it would have to go into the filter or a cai if you have one.

opening the bpv and trying to dump air back into the charge pipe wont do anything because it is under the same pressure as the air your trying to dump. think of it as blowing up a balloon then putting a bpv on it. would the bpv do anything if it was recirced back into the pressurized balloon.
Old 09-29-2009, 05:07 PM
Everybodywildou

Originally Posted by rx7/350z
ok......... the only way to do this is to dump the air on the negative or vaccum side of the supercharger. on our cars (vortech) there is only a filter there, so it would have to go into the filter or a cai if you have one.

opening the bpv and trying to dump air back into the charge pipe wont do anything because it is under the same pressure as the air your trying to dump. think of it as blowing up a balloon then putting a bpv on it. would the bpv do anything if it was recirced back into the pressurized balloon.
Yeah I was actually thinking about that and how it would neutralize the effect of the BPV. I wonder if it would get rid of the aircraft noise or not. I don't mind the sound when I let off the throttle, but when I'm cruising on the highway and it's open its a little annoying.

Where can I get some couplers and piping? Besides ebay? Hmmmm
Old 09-29-2009, 05:54 PM
str8dum1

its simple on a Z. just get an ebay special aluminum 350z intake. Attach that to the vortech with a silicone copuler and put that thru support opening, just like the powerlab kit etc.

Any muffler shop could bend you a piece of pipe in 5 mins for maybe $20.

Run a hose from the BPV to that pipe and you are all set.

It would sound just liek ti does when you are on boost and the bpv valve is closed, quiet

Last edited by str8dum1; 09-29-2009 at 05:56 PM.
Old 09-29-2009, 06:31 PM
rx7/350z

i used the filter that vortech sells then i wrapped it in a pre-filter material then used baling wire to tie it on. it worked great , really quiet and no compressor surge. then one day i took it off to clean the filter and forgot to hose clamp the filter back on.
Old 09-29-2009, 06:57 PM
Quamen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rx7/350z

I disagree... it will kill your seals and bearings after a couple intances of compressor surge
Old 09-29-2009, 07:04 PM
tylerxfire

idk, i have the filter for my bpv and i think im gonna stuff it with something as long as i dont get compressor surge should help take away or muffle the sound...right now i have a little steel wool stuffed in it, but not much at all, think ill put some more in cause its doing nothing the way it is..i dont know about doing this re-circulating stuff without it being done already
Old 09-29-2009, 07:26 PM
str8dum1

its done on every factory boosted car. none are VTA.
Old 09-29-2009, 07:35 PM
Everybodywildou

Originally Posted by str8dum1
its simple on a Z. just get an ebay special aluminum 350z intake. Attach that to the vortech with a silicone copuler and put that thru support opening, just like the powerlab kit etc.

Any muffler shop could bend you a piece of pipe in 5 mins for maybe $20.

Run a hose from the BPV to that pipe and you are all set.

It would sound just liek ti does when you are on boost and the bpv valve is closed, quiet
I'm sure I would still hear a little huff when I let off. But does anyone know the size of the intake opening where the stock airbox goes into? Will I need a reducer of some sort or will a 3.75" couple fit thru there?
Old 09-29-2009, 08:09 PM
350Z400rwhp

This is all you need to do. This would be very simple and the hardest part would be figuring out how to get a pipe from the BPV to the Intake. You could either use flex pipe of some sort or have someone make a custom pipe. Then just have a flange welded on to the intake tube and attach it from the BPV to the Intake with two silicone couplers. I have thought of doing this and even adding an electric cut-out so I can have it silent when I want it and have the jet sound when I want that. I agree it is a bit annoying when driving down the highway but there is no way I would want to get rid of the sounds the Vortech makes all together.
Attached Thumbnails Has anyone ever recirculated their vortech bpv?-intercooler-and-intake-bpv-tube.jpg  

Last edited by 350Z400rwhp; 09-29-2009 at 08:11 PM.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:09 PM
Everybodywildou

Originally Posted by 350Z400rwhp
This is all you need to do. This would be very simple and the hardest part would be figuring out how to get a pipe from the BPV to the Intake. You could either use flex pipe of some sort or have someone make a custom pipe. Then just have a flange welded on to the intake tube and attach it from the BPV to the Intake with two silicone couplers. I have thought of doing this and even adding an electric cut-out so I can have it silent when I want it and have the jet sound when I want that. I agree it is a bit annoying when driving down the highway but there is no way I would want to get rid of the sounds the Vortech makes all together.
I think I would probably just use a hose to get to the intake.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:36 AM
tylerxfire

yeah i dont see why this cant be dont with a hose and y it has to be a pipe?
Old 09-30-2009, 07:03 AM
350Z400rwhp

Originally Posted by tylerxfire
yeah i dont see why this cant be dont with a hose and y it has to be a pipe?
A hose should work. My only concern would be if somehow it collapsed and caused things to back up.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:08 AM
tylerxfire

Originally Posted by 350Z400rwhp
A hose should work. My only concern would be if somehow it collapsed and caused things to back up.

true it would have to be a hose along the lines of the one that runs to the filter now, which is a hard hose and should not collapse
Old 09-30-2009, 10:53 AM
str8dum1

some TT kits (IE APS) use hose on their intakes. Not rocket science or hard to find parts.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:01 PM
OldManZ350

Received 230 Likes on 170 Posts

Adding a small filter lined with 1/2 in foam, nocks out about 90%+ of the sound. It works Great..........
Attached Thumbnails Has anyone ever recirculated their vortech bpv?-p1010020.jpg  
Old 09-30-2009, 03:59 PM
ForceInduction

I honestly think the most cost efficient and simple way to make it more quiet is to put a bypass valve filter on it. I really does muffle the sound.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:46 PM
rx7/350z

Originally Posted by Quamen
I disagree... it will kill your seals and bearings after a couple intances of compressor surge
yes and im not saying it wont. im saying that you might as well not have a bpv at all because both sides of the valve will be seeing the same pressure if the bpv recirc is piped in after the supercharger. opening the valve would do nothing. no pressure would be released.

Quick Reply: Has anyone ever recirculated their vortech bpv?