Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Holy Hell!!! New GT Supercharger Price!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 02:04 PM
jonnylaw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd recommend a AFK

Originally Posted by ITOzann
Hi guys!

I just bought an used stage gtm spec hks s/c kit with the 10 psi pulley but no fuel/engine management and injectors. I'm planning on getting 600cc or 750cc injectors, AAM basic fuel return system, walbro fuel pump, UTEC(or fcon vpro if I find a deal on an used kit, still undecided and I also have to check with the tuner)

Do you guys recommend anything else besides the egt, boost, oil pressure gauges?

Thx in advance!

Ariel

Edit: not expecting or aiming high WHP Dyno numbers... and the link of the sc i bought:
https://my350z.com/forum/turbos-nitr...ec-feeler.html
Old 02-11-2010, 02:06 PM
jonnylaw

Nice power curve. Congrads

Originally Posted by sfarrah
All graphs are SAE smoothing factor 5.

345 HP, highest it put down.

319 HP, what I ran at the track last weekend. Will be for my 275 DOT-R setup.

295 HP, will be my setup when running the Hoosier 265 R-100's

Jared kept the AF the same for all tunes and just pulled timing on the top end to restrict power to the levels I needed. Car will still pull hard from the lower rpm's but just won't have the same juice at the top end. This is exactly what I wanted when I chose this Supercharger and decided to use Osiris to tune. Thank you Jared and Richard at UpRev!
Old 02-11-2010, 02:55 PM
marques1

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

great option for people that do not want to go through the trouble of building the block or looking for high horsepower numbers. It also looks like this kit would be pretty reliable...awesome!
Old 02-16-2010, 09:20 AM
DRIFT
All LASER LASIK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's an option:

https://my350z.com/forum/engine/4752...stage-4-a.html
Old 02-19-2010, 07:51 AM
usingthejohn

any updates on the bigger HKS blower?
Old 02-23-2010, 11:04 PM
ginobetterfly

im really considering this SC.... my goals are modest - 325 to 350 WHP, i hope i can achieve this with the out of the box HKS GT (GTM Stage 0) or GTM Stage 1...

my only concern is that my car has almost 60k miles on it... i wonder if its a little "over the hill" for forced induction?
Old 02-24-2010, 04:27 AM
Threads

Originally Posted by ginobetterfly
im really considering this SC.... my goals are modest - 325 to 350 WHP, i hope i can achieve this with the out of the box HKS GT (GTM Stage 0) or GTM Stage 1...

my only concern is that my car has almost 60k miles on it... i wonder if its a little "over the hill" for forced induction?
I have the same goals and concerns. However, I feel like the more important deciding factor will be your Compression Test and/or Leak Down Test. This will give you a better idea on the "health" of your engine.

Chances are you are going to get tired of that power and will want to build for more before the stock motor gives.
Old 02-24-2010, 06:11 AM
sfarrah

Originally Posted by ginobetterfly

If you're going through the expense of ordering the kit and buying from GTM I think you'd be nuts not to at least get their Stage 1 package with the modified compressor.
My car has had a hard life (~60k miles and many of them on the racetrack) but since the compression check came back ok I decided to pull the trigger and order the kit. Only time will tell how long it survives under boost.
Old 02-27-2010, 01:09 PM
ginobetterfly

Originally Posted by sfarrah
If you're going through the expense of ordering the kit and buying from GTM I think you'd be nuts not to at least get their Stage 1 package with the modified compressor.
My car has had a hard life (~60k miles and many of them on the racetrack) but since the compression check came back ok I decided to pull the trigger and order the kit. Only time will tell how long it survives under boost.
sorry but what is a compression check? where would you go to get one?
Old 02-27-2010, 11:58 PM
jonnylaw

Originally Posted by usingthejohn
any updates on the bigger HKS blower?
From what I've been told, the larger blowers and different pulleys will not be directly available to the public as of yet. Apparently, HKS will make them available to tuning shops that are developing specific kits to sell to the public ("GT Supercharger partner companies"). Here is an example for a BMW tuning company:

http://www.activeautowerke.com/viewp...x?id=Product91
Old 02-28-2010, 01:08 PM
usingthejohn

Originally Posted by jonnylaw
From what I've been told, the larger blowers and different pulleys will not be directly available to the public as of yet. Apparently, HKS will make them available to tuning shops that are developing specific kits to sell to the public ("GT Supercharger partner companies"). Here is an example for a BMW tuning company:

http://www.activeautowerke.com/viewp...x?id=Product91
aahh...i see. as per your source, did they indicate as to when these packages would be available?

BTW: that HKS kit for the E46 looks really nice.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:07 PM
jonnylaw

The HKS rep did not say there was anything currently in the works for our platform. One can only hope a shop decides to build a custom setup with the bigger blowers. I was hoping GTM might do this, but with their own supercharger kits utilzing the Rotrex blower, their development of HKS GT SC kits may be complete. I'll still keep my fingers crossed tho..

Originally Posted by usingthejohn
aahh...i see. as per your source, did they indicate as to when these packages would be available?
BTW: that HKS kit for the E46 looks really nice.
Old 03-01-2010, 03:17 AM
ReV2Red
I haz da turbos

At this rate i'm going to modify my own damn kit.

Has anyone got a picture of the revup kit installed in there car, and another picture of a non-revup? I want to see if i can spot the differences, because as far as i can tell it's only the tune and the injectors. If that's the case, i'm just getting a standard kit.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:05 PM
cdoxp800

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ReV2Red
At this rate i'm going to modify my own damn kit.

Has anyone got a picture of the revup kit installed in there car, and another picture of a non-revup? I want to see if i can spot the differences, because as far as i can tell it's only the tune and the injectors. If that's the case, i'm just getting a standard kit.
50% installed on a RevUp. I am waiting on a few parts for now. The install has been real easy.
Attached Thumbnails Holy Hell!!! New GT Supercharger Price!-install_-003.jpg   Holy Hell!!! New GT Supercharger Price!-install_-002.jpg  
Old 03-26-2010, 08:35 PM
jonnylaw

Originally Posted by cdoxp800
50% installed on a RevUp. I am waiting on a few parts for now. The install has been real easy.
Do you have a HKS non-revup kit or a revup kit (I know you have a revup engine). HKSUSA rep still tells me the revup requires the revup kit (due to bracket), but if you have a non revup kit on a revup and everything goes good, I guess we know the true answer!

edit: did you have an incomplete kit? The intercooler piping that goes to your throttle body/plenum does not look like the HKS piping, but dunno--maybe it's the pic

Last edited by jonnylaw; 03-26-2010 at 08:38 PM.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:09 PM
cdoxp800

Originally Posted by jonnylaw
Do you have a HKS non-revup kit or a revup kit (I know you have a revup engine). HKSUSA rep still tells me the revup requires the revup kit (due to bracket), but if you have a non revup kit on a revup and everything goes good, I guess we know the true answer!

edit: did you have an incomplete kit? The intercooler piping that goes to your throttle body/plenum does not look like the HKS piping, but dunno--maybe it's the pic
I bought this kit.
https://my350z.com/forum/engine/4752...stage-4-a.html

I change the Piping color. I gave it a satin finish.

Last edited by cdoxp800; 03-26-2010 at 10:11 PM.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:12 PM
ITOzann

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey johnny law, do you have any work done in your internals along with the s/c?
Old 03-27-2010, 03:58 AM
ReV2Red
I haz da turbos

So do you know if it was a non-revup kit from GTM?
Did the bracket just bolt right up?
Old 03-27-2010, 07:47 AM
cdoxp800

Originally Posted by ReV2Red
So do you know if it was a non-revup kit from GTM?
Did the bracket just bolt right up?
It just bolted right up for me. Before I bought it It I called GTM. I was told it would work on my RevUp.
So is this the same bracket that's on the Non-Revup? I don't know. If your really interested give Sam a call at GTM. He has been very helpful to me even when he has been real busy with other projects.

Hope this helps out

C

Pic of NON-Revup bracket

Pic's Of RevUp bracket

Attached Thumbnails Holy Hell!!! New GT Supercharger Price!-non_rev.jpg   Holy Hell!!! New GT Supercharger Price!-revup_01.jpg   Holy Hell!!! New GT Supercharger Price!-revup_02.jpg  

Last edited by cdoxp800; 03-27-2010 at 07:48 AM.
Old 03-27-2010, 09:26 AM
jonnylaw

Originally Posted by ITOzann
hey johnny law, do you have any work done in your internals along with the s/c?
no, stock internals

Last edited by jonnylaw; 03-27-2010 at 12:55 PM.

Quick Reply: Holy Hell!!! New GT Supercharger Price!