Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Forged Built Twin turbo, HTA turbo's! (gone bad) ~g35driver import~

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 09:38 AM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't think he has build motor.

Originally Posted by JS04
My build to 6.5 months to be completed. I wish it only took 6 weeks.
Old 12-17-2009, 09:44 AM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

I do remember your thread. Sorry to hear your story...
Old 12-17-2009, 12:48 PM
Z PHAT Z

Sorry to hear your story, but my built engine took over 12 months to be built? I was furious when i saw the same shop spitting out so many built cars while my engine just sitting there collecting dust. Then After I got my engine...it took another 12 months to completely put in and tune

Hope you will get your car back so you can enjoy it and forget about this waiting.
Old 12-17-2009, 12:54 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

just hang in there dood (op).... soudns like communication is ok with the shop...not sure on the turbo failing, kinda sucks, but hey, in a way its the way it goes sometimes, not everything goes smooth and its all getting taken care off ...
Old 12-17-2009, 02:13 PM
scout1669

Originally Posted by Chef-J
I don't think he has build motor.
what??? there is no debating that i have a "builD motor"
Old 12-17-2009, 02:28 PM
midz350

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

^^ He was talking about -->JS04
Old 12-17-2009, 05:01 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by midz350
^^ He was talking about -->JS04
i think JS04 was talking about djampz
Old 12-17-2009, 07:50 PM
eltness350
The Untouchable

hang in there bud.....u and i will be happy soon with fast cars and forgetting this will only be a few beers away
Old 12-17-2009, 07:59 PM
z2g

Originally Posted by Z PHAT Z
Sorry to hear your story, but my built engine took over 12 months to be built? I was furious when i saw the same shop spitting out so many built cars while my engine just sitting there collecting dust. Then After I got my engine...it took another 12 months to completely put in and tune

Hope you will get your car back so you can enjoy it and forget about this waiting.
*** that **** waiting 2 years for your car, dam i rather drive it stock and enjoy it like that. Im too impatient for that hahah, but I bet you are happy
Old 12-18-2009, 05:45 AM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

Originally Posted by scout1669
Relax.
Old 12-18-2009, 07:50 AM
Jtran Studios
Vendor - Former Vendor

well the original was flashed by technosquare and crashed, sharif used the one out of his 350z and it worked but the red light on the dash stayed on. I presume he got mine re-reflashed and now it's having this problem. I'm really not educated on the subject except the half paragraph email i've gotten on the issue. I'd be completely fine deleting the nats security ******** and going with an aftermarket system and day if it meant i could have my car back.
theres also another company other then technosquare that can flash the nats out easily with no problems. if im not mistaken, they are called fever racing in florida maybe? try that out. nats is no fun when it fails.
Old 12-18-2009, 04:48 PM
Blwn_By_Twins

Originally Posted by rcdash
Fixed for accuracy. I didn't understand it before (or for the most part during) my build either, until I observed what goes on in a shop - you'll see how they work long hours to try to get a job done in time and something keeps coming up... The DIY'ers out there should realize that when you work on your own car, you are devoted to it 100%, but it's a hobby and passion for you. Earning a living doing that is a bit more complicated. It is naive to think that every build will get done in a few weeks. You never hear about all the builds that get done on time - lol.
If you really believe that then you've been brainwashed. I've worked in a couple different shops. One as well know if not better than any on this forum. Not saying things never went wrong, but it was NEVER as bad as it is in the Z community. How could you honestly think it's okay/normal to give a shop 10's of thousands of dollars to do some work and them NOT be 100% devoted to work on your car. Yes it is naive to think it will only take a few weeks, but it's absurd to have to think it could take over a year and cost double what you were told.

Last edited by Blwn_By_Twins; 12-18-2009 at 04:49 PM.
Old 12-19-2009, 05:54 AM
captj3

^ This is just the typical BS that the 350z community has been brain washed to believe. Unless the shop is pulling the motor out and sending it to the machine shop there should not be such a wait. It's amazing what some people are willing to put up with. It aqlso makes you think that some places may have some financial problems needing the funds from one job to do another.
Old 12-19-2009, 07:54 AM
scout1669

Originally Posted by Jtran Studios
theres also another company other then technosquare that can flash the nats out easily with no problems. if im not mistaken, they are called fever racing in florida maybe? try that out. nats is no fun when it fails.
Well i emailed them and am awaiting a response, we'll see what they say. It's a little disheartening that i have to do the legwork on this.
Old 12-19-2009, 07:57 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What are you being tuned with? I dont see that in your OP....
Old 12-20-2009, 09:10 PM
rocks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The NATS problem you people are talking about can only be fixed by a dealer. With Consult2. I had this happen and there is no work around or a magic ground wire. Of course the NATS failure happened to me while I was driving the and also burnt out an injector driver on the ECU. So you may be looking at 1200$ for a new ecu. The BCM and the ECU share a data link, when the nats failure happens it severs communication to the ecu. The tech that did mine was a retard he went to UTI. I had to print the page in the FSM and take it to him.

When I had my engine built by Todd at Built Z Motors it took a little longer than expected but I also had to have a head heli coiled and welded. Took 2 months for him to build the engine and put it in the car and me to pick it up. But we also had to wait on parts, and he had to find someone to weld the head.
I think I would be pissed off if someone had my money and my car for a year. That is insane. I could understand it if you were doing some kind of restoration project. But come on a year?

Last edited by rocks; 12-20-2009 at 09:11 PM.
Old 12-21-2009, 08:18 AM
Jtran Studios
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by rocks
The NATS problem you people are talking about can ALSO be fixed by a dealer. With Consult2. I had this happen and there is no work around or a magic ground wire. Of course the NATS failure happened to me while I was driving the and also burnt out an injector driver on the ECU. So you may be looking at 1200$ for a new ecu. The BCM and the ECU share a data link, when the nats failure happens it severs communication to the ecu. The tech that did mine was a retard he went to UTI. I had to print the page in the FSM and take it to him.

When I had my engine built by Todd at Built Z Motors it took a little longer than expected but I also had to have a head heli coiled and welded. Took 2 months for him to build the engine and put it in the car and me to pick it up. But we also had to wait on parts, and he had to find someone to weld the head.
I think I would be pissed off if someone had my money and my car for a year. That is insane. I could understand it if you were doing some kind of restoration project. But come on a year?
FIXED for ya
Old 12-21-2009, 08:25 AM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

ahhh the dbag coming out and the truth begins to tell itself. i hate it that good people like sharif have to deal with dbag owners from time to time and have to keep it professional while the dbag rants on and on.
Old 12-21-2009, 09:50 AM
rocks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Also be fixed by a dealer? You just said there is some supposed company that can flash the NATS out. Where out of the BCM? Uprev can't even do this. If your going to "fix" a post at least explain yourself.... I highly doubt you have a consult2 laying around in your shop.
Old 12-23-2009, 02:39 PM
Jtran Studios
Vendor - Former Vendor

there is a company, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtcCPtLBXvI theres the vid of it. contact them.

VQ35DE motor on the ground with a Z-Fever tuned ECU. All security features removed so no BCM / IPDM / NATS systems needed. Power and ground to make it run. E throttle kept. This makes it a very easy swap into any chasis. We do all harness conversions work and ECU work in house.

also, consult 2? consult 3 has been out for a bit and we are thinking about getting it for the shop. thanks though.

Quick Reply: Forged Built Twin turbo, HTA turbo's! (gone bad) ~g35driver import~