Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

low-end CAMs on Single turbo application.

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 05:52 AM
ToastZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
512 whp on shariffs DD is not weak by any means unless all you're doing is e-posing. Sounds like a more than sensible figure for a reliable car. Sure as hell beats building multiple motors like so many other have who are merely chasing a random #
Thanks. My goals were definitely centered around reliability compared to maximum horsepower. Sharif listened to that and the car is tuned accordingly.

500whp on a reliable street setup has been extremely rewarding for me. The people I've given rides to in the car are amazed at the comfort level and power the car puts down. I've had zero down time and I drive the car around 13K miles per year all over the southeast. I have thoroughly enjoyed this as a hobby over the past years and will continue to do so.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:54 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

and that's what it should be all about - enjoy it!

hopefully you can give me a ride at ZDayz Then I can show you what an all motor setup feels like
Old 01-15-2010, 05:55 AM
ToastZ

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
and that's what it should be all about - enjoy it!

hopefully you can give me a ride at ZDayz Then I can show you what an all motor setup feels like
Looking forward to it.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:02 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

actually i cant think of any motor failures on here from people chasing #'s. Its always the ones that are just getting the motor started for the 1st time, abuse, or are running 'safe' tunes with no explanation of why it let go.

Has there actually been any one thats popped their motor running 700+ that wasnt sleeved? I cant think of one. i guess maybe because there are few people running that much HP

but ya mid 500s on a DD is a perfect daily driver/road race car. my 460whp DD vortech setup was plenty fun on the street.
Old 02-01-2010, 10:35 PM
nightcrawler_8

update: i decided not to go for the cams untill i fix the issue of boost spike.

need your input guys on a custom External wastegate.

please check the below link: https://my350z.com/forum/forced-indu...-aps-st-2.html
Old 03-26-2010, 08:54 PM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

also, i think you're confused on what "low end" and gearing are.

You keep saying you need cams to increase your low end because you are behind in the lower gears. Low to midrange power isn't based on the gear you select, it's your RPM.

I'm not saying you do'nt know the difference, but you've at least said it incorrectly a few times. It makes me think you want more power in lower gears, but that doesn't mean "low end".
Old 03-28-2010, 11:11 AM
streetzlegend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What are the specs of the turbo nightcrawler? A restrictive exhaust system can cause what you describe. I had a t04b in the past with a 2.25" dynomax muffler and would get higher boost after every gear, for example 5psi 1st, 8psi 2nd, 10psi 3rd and up (my car is automatic). Now when I would open my cutout I would get the 10psi in 2nd gear or sooner. Perhaps your muffler or your piping is restrictive.