Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

GTM Performance Engineering & Forged Performance - Parting ways...!?!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 09:43 PM
abarclay

Received 157 Likes on 109 Posts

It is unfortunate that GTM and FP are parting ways, but in the long run of things, GTM is not the only company selling a turbo kit, and FP is not the only performance shop. I personally don't believe one bad build should discredit the huge amount of work Sharif has done to build FP's reputation, which in turn has helped the knowledge-base of this community grow. He took responsibility for the mistakes and made corrections to prevent them from happening again, both of which are signs of professionalism. It would have been better if the steps were taken proactively, but that is not always possible in the real world. With that being said, it is still GTM's prerogative to end their business relationship.

For those of you who base your decision on whether or not to do business with FP because of Juan's experience, it is from my personal experience with everyone at FP that I say that you will be making a mistake; but at the same time (and you don't need me to tell you this) feel free to go else where because there are other quality shops out there. I just don't believe there are many on FP's level.

I am not nut hugging, I am simply stating my opinion based on my experiences, take them for what they are worth.

Last edited by abarclay; 04-12-2010 at 09:54 PM.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:51 PM
yadoh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sharif should rename his shop random technician performance since that what his shop essentially is, a bunch of half *** hired tech working on customers cars to no end.

does sharif even train his employees or check over their work?
or is he too busy doing sales and track events instead now?
Old 04-12-2010, 10:03 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hoping for some clarification from GTM on what issues about Forged were brought to their attention over the last few months... especially since this fiasco on Juan's G37 supposedly occurred over a year ago. Based on Sam's quote, it doesn't sound like the singular incident with Juan's FP install is the sole reason for GTM terminating their business relationship with Forged.
Old 04-13-2010, 01:58 AM
midz350

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

^^ +10000
Old 04-13-2010, 03:25 AM
dpjones

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
Hoping for some clarification from GTM on what issues about Forged were brought to their attention over the last few months... especially since this fiasco on Juan's G37 supposedly occurred over a year ago. Based on Sam's quote, it doesn't sound like the singular incident with Juan's FP install is the sole reason for GTM terminating their business relationship with Forged.
You would be correct, there are more stories, and I'm one of them. Since some of you seem to be trying to distinguish between Sales and Service, lets just say that my story deals with both. Don't bash me because I have never posted on this forum, as I own a G37. However, I will be posting my story on this forum in the near future. Both Sharif and his attorney have told my attorney that they will sue me as soon as I post, so I'm paying a 1st amendment (freedom of speech) attorney to go over my story before I post it. As indicated on this thread already, Juan was contacted by Sharif's attorney telling him to take the thread down. I also know of 2 others that have yet to come forward, one of them being a good friend of mine.
Old 04-13-2010, 03:36 AM
MDHRZ

Wow!

Forged the next AAM?
Old 04-13-2010, 03:46 AM
0jiggy0

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

So if you post anything but a positive experience from forged you get sued? Its obvious they build some sick cars as shown on this forum but it seems they are getting so massive that sharrif is hiring regular mechanics who arent up to the task and are ruining his name. Sounds a lot like toyota are they became number one lol.
Old 04-13-2010, 04:14 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dpjones
You would be correct, there are more stories, and I'm one of them. Since some of you seem to be trying to distinguish between Sales and Service, lets just say that my story deals with both. Don't bash me because I have never posted on this forum, as I own a G37. However, I will be posting my story on this forum in the near future. Both Sharif and his attorney have told my attorney that they will sue me as soon as I post, so I'm paying a 1st amendment (freedom of speech) attorney to go over my story before I post it. As indicated on this thread already, Juan was contacted by Sharif's attorney telling him to take the thread down. I also know of 2 others that have yet to come forward, one of them being a good friend of mine.
Sharif and his attorney have no legal leg to stand on if you and the others post facts about your experiences. The burden of proof is on them to substantiate that you are stating anything untruthful or not factual for Sharif to win any kind of defamation or libel lawsuit.

at using an attorney to intimidate victims into silence. Even Scott Bush/Relentless Autosports (a douchebag scammer with a notorious history of fraud, deception, illegal business practices, and shady forum behavior that got him permanently banned from my350z and most other VQ related forums) never stooped so low.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 04-13-2010 at 05:08 AM.
Old 04-13-2010, 04:23 AM
Tyler4

Statements like the two above (I posted before I read RudeG's) are just plain uninformed and irrational. I find it funny that when there are one or two unhappy Forged customers (and there is bound to be when you have thousands per year) that everyone wants to throw a hissy fit, jump to conclusions, and start massive drama filled threads.

But when other people (lots), who have had great experiences, give Sharif and FP praise for their quality, workmanship and overall awesomeness-they are considered "nuthuggers."

Well call me whatever you want, Sharif and FP have done an absolutely perfect job on my car and there are literally thousands of others like myself.

Last edited by Tyler4; 04-13-2010 at 04:26 AM.
Old 04-13-2010, 04:35 AM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by yadoh
sharif should rename his shop random technician performance since that what his shop essentially is, a bunch of half *** hired tech working on customers cars to no end.

does sharif even train his employees or check over their work?
or is he too busy doing sales and track events instead now?
That is simply untrue. There are many very good technicians that have worked at Forged for years. Who are you and why are you so interested? If you've had some experience with Forged, come out and say it, but living in the "Far East" that seems unlikely.

Originally Posted by 0jiggy0
So if you post anything but a positive experience from forged you get sued? Its obvious they build some sick cars as shown on this forum but it seems they are getting so massive that sharrif is hiring regular mechanics who arent up to the task and are ruining his name. Sounds a lot like toyota are they became number one lol.
Do you really think a lawyer would sue for posting facts? Do you think Sharif would really be all that upset about facts being posted? I think we may be missing a few key parts of the communication.

It is interesting that this second customer with complaints also has a G37 - wonder if a GTM kit was installed there also?

Last edited by rcdash; 04-13-2010 at 04:39 AM.
Old 04-13-2010, 04:41 AM
MDHRZ

Originally Posted by Tyler4
Statements like the two above (I posted before I read RudeG's) are just plain uninformed and irrational. I find it funny that when there are one or two unhappy Forged customers (and there is bound to be when you have thousands per year) that everyone wants to throw a hissy fit, jump to conclusions, and start massive drama filled threads.

But when other people (lots), who have had great experiences, give Sharif and FP praise for their quality, workmanship and overall awesomeness-they are considered "nuthuggers."

Well call me whatever you want, Sharif and FP have done an absolutely perfect job on my car and there are literally thousands of others like myself.
Why are they uninformed and irrational? It's more than 1 or 2 people that are unhappy. I'm pretty sure GTM wouldn't cut ties with FP just because of 1 or 2 people.
Old 04-13-2010, 04:50 AM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by MDHRZ
Why are they uninformed and irrational? It's more than 1 or 2 people that are unhappy. I'm pretty sure GTM wouldn't cut ties with FP just because of 1 or 2 people.
Unless they have direct knowledge? More than 2 people? How many? 3? 4? All GTM kit installs? Spill the beans man if you're privy to the details.
Old 04-13-2010, 04:53 AM
Tyler4

Comparing Forged to AAM (old) is irrational and truth be told you have no idea how many people it is. All you know is what has been said in this thread and I'm no rocket scientist but I bet there is a little more to it.

I don't know all the facts either but what I DO know is Sharif and his character-which IMHO is second to none.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:03 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stormcrow

1 - Who does quality control? Do you not QC every car that leaves? If so, HOW did the pictures that Juan posted even exist? I understand that you have bad employees, but do you NEVER check behind their work during the WHOLE build process?
I think you are missing a key point here. This car was not delivered as a complete car, and was never QC'ed before it left. The car was NOT complete. This was the first production G37 kit that left GTM's facility, and it was not an easy situation. At this point of the project, we all very frustrated with each other and the customer wanted to pull his car out. The plan was that the installation would be completed back at Forged, QC'ed, corrected...etc..etc. Once the troubleshooting was completed at GTM, the customer decided to have GTM finish and button up the car instead of having us send it back.

The question I would like to ask, is why is someone's attorney calling old clients of mine, to see if there is anything they are uphappy about that they would like to speak publicly about?

Last edited by Sharif@Forged; 04-13-2010 at 05:12 AM.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:24 AM
Vas_Z33

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

so much drama in this thread lol... all of a sudden 1-4 people who never posted on here are awaken from a coma..on a topic that took place 1+ years ago.... weird?.. yet they state they seem to know SO much but arent saying anything? ok, sounds to me like they want this thread to reach 10+ pages

... sharif is a great guy and has always gone out of his way to help me with my Z.. answered PMs at 11PM at night so he could get my Z up and running..and send me parts overnight ( IVE NEVER EVEN MET THIS GUY ).. and dont say buying parts,etc,etc is different .. stfu.. its not... i could of ordered 10K of parts for all you know..

and i call BS on getting sued for posting facts on the internet... you just cant. truth is the truth.. even if you lie about it.. u still cant get sued ( UNLESS something else has happened that the coma people arent telling ) come on lets get real " sued for posting facts ".. i doubt sharif said that... i could post all my negative experience on a shop.. what? there going to threaten me by suing me? HAHH yeah ok. ill just laugh in court.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:25 AM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by whitez33350ztt
yeah i guess bc 1 guy got u a part that somebody else couldnt makes that person that much better.. that doesnt justify that his customers tailight was cracked pipes were bent.. intake all jacked up.. and motor blown.. all bc "nobody is perfect and we all make mistakes" what a great excuse.. when somebody is spending 10k dollars.. and ur the owner of the shop.. im almost 100 percent sure he looked over the car before and during the install .. but wait he got u a great part.. so he must be the BEST guy in the world man!.. im not saying he messes up every car but he is at fault 100 percent and has no excuse but to fix the problem period.. thats why hes chosing not to answer since there is really nothing to answer after all.. the pictures speak for themselves.. its common sense..
Sharif already addressed this as the car left the shop 'unexpectedly'.

As far as those commenting how different buying parts vs having them do work is.... how can I know that Sam is a bullsh!tter from just buying some parts? If Sharif were closer to me, I would bring my car to him for work. I can't say the same for GTM.

No shop is perfect and I have worked through issues with the shop I go to, but in the end, everything will work it self out. That is unless you show up and steal your car back without paying for it. Things might not go as well after that point, regardless of how good or bad the work was.

Based on what I know, this is GTM's loss, not Forged's.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:27 AM
blasian

Originally Posted by Vas_Z33
and i call BS on getting sued for posting facts on the internet... you just cant. truth is the truth.. even if you lie about it.. u still cant get sued ( UNLESS something else has happened that the coma people arent telling ) come on lets get real " sued for posting facts ".. i doubt sharif said that... i could post all my negative experience on a shop.. what? there going to threaten me by suing me? HAHH yeah ok. ill just laugh in court.
Libel?
Old 04-13-2010, 05:29 AM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

you can't please everyone no matter how good of a shop you run. Based on the number of cars Sharif stated they work on, I would think they could have 10-20 customers a year unhappy with them. That would be a 95% or better satisfaction rate.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:30 AM
dutchboy

Originally Posted by rcdash
Do you really think a lawyer would sue for posting facts? Do you think Sharif would really be all that upset about facts being posted? I think we may be missing a few key parts of the communication.
+1. I think we are missing some important information. It looks like Sharif offered to fix the light, the bumper, and the issues with the install. He also offered to build a motor and charge for parts only or install a stock motor. It looks like the owner of the G37 came and removed the car from the shop before Sharif had a chance to fix the car. It doesn't seem like Sharif ever denied that it was a shoddy installation of the kit, he admitted it was a poor job and major things were overlooked. If Sharif was working on another project or out of the shop for some reason, the car could have been put together with Sharif trusting his crew for a quality installation. You can't expect Sharif to be called over to each car every time a pipe is bolted on, an air filter is installed, a turbo is bolted to a manifold, etc, etc. . All shops at some point will screw up, no shop here or anywhere else has a perfect record. If the shop steps up and is willing to fix the problem and take steps to prevent future problems, that is what makes a good shop. Forged has a huge track record of taking care of their customers when given the chance.

With that said, there is still no excuse for the shoddy work shown in the pictures, I'm sure Sharif would agree with that. That is probably why he has had all the new employee additions over the last year. He needs techs that he can trust to do proper installs without him watching every little part of every single build.

As far as the lawyer business, who knows? If there are important parts of the story being left out by Juan to make Forged look worse, is it libel (serious question, I have no idea)?
Old 04-13-2010, 05:33 AM
blasian

Originally Posted by dutchboy
As far as the lawyer business, who knows? If there are important parts of the story being left out by Juan to make Forged look worse, is it libel (serious question, I have no idea)?
That's what I was thinking

Quick Reply: GTM Performance Engineering & Forged Performance - Parting ways...!?!