Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Forged Performance - My Story

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 11:51 AM
go-fast
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Glex25
Maybe the invoice is just a appraisal of the future work needed
it said invoice

EDIT:

in·voice (nvois)
n.
1. A detailed list of goods shipped or services rendered, with an account of all costs; an itemized bill.
2. The goods or services itemized in an invoice.
tr.v. in·voiced, in·voic·ing, in·voic·es
1. To make an invoice of (goods or services).
2. To send an invoice to; bill

Last edited by go-fast; 04-20-2010 at 11:55 AM.
Old 04-20-2010, 12:01 PM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

^either way the OP is getting hosed. 250$ for an alignment and $150 for spark plugs?
Old 04-20-2010, 12:05 PM
dpjones

Originally Posted by go-fast
so that 20k bill from sam is only for taking it apart?
No, that is the total for everything.....the time he already has in it taking it apart/inspecting/etc, and for parts and labor to fix every single item on my list and get the car shipped back to me.
Old 04-20-2010, 12:15 PM
Crom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In general unfortunately, The $$ build gets the attention at any large name brand shop which in turn leaves the other 90% of the budget customers waiting.. whereas that percentage is given standard service, craftsmanship, QC. The part that sucks is to have a smooth build...NOTHING is plug and play, and there will always be something that requires a bit of love... fitting, seals, gaskets, some custom fab work,...etc etc. The more customers these shops take in to generate more revenue, the higher percentage of issues arise, whereas the waiting mystery game is played and we're all left w/ sour taste in our mouths....especially when its still not right. Shops in general should constantly police themselves (and their products) and limit the amount of clients they take on so they are still able to give a personalized shop experience to every individual regardless of the task or dollar amount.
Old 04-20-2010, 01:07 PM
aarantes

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged

8) The person that work on Doug's car is no longer employed by us. We have put in place a strong QC routine that will insure these oversights of missing clips and such so this won't happen again. They are also communicating issues as they appear rather than trying to resolve them on their own. We have the strongest group of current technicians ever working for us. They all have 5 plus years of experience in both high performance and dealership environments, families, kids, and stable commitments to Forged. We also have Scott as our GM which provides an addition layer of oversight and follow up.
Funny thing Sharif is you guys have been missing this for YEARS now... Back in 07 when I brought my car to you and something went wrong I paid for my turbo to be uninstalled and be put back to as normal as possible. What do I get back? My car and a tub of plastic pieces (which I spotted and had to ask if they were mine). I can go on and on about how sh!tty my install was along with some other shady business practices but I am still debating if I want to join this drama. The reason I hadn't brought this up before is because of all the nuthuggers that follow you.
Old 04-20-2010, 01:23 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
Mike,

I have to respectfully disagree about the 2nd chances on this crucial distinction... once we (those of us on the Recon Unit) became aware of numerous victims both publicly on the forums and behind the scenes, those shops/shop owners were written off as scammers and bad apples. Most of the victims or people with intel approached you back then.

This time around... several people have initiated contact with me and did not approach you for obvious reasons, given your closeness to the man & shop they were spilling beans about. I hope you can understand their apprehensions and concerns without taking it personally. I received 1st hand stories from customers as far back as 3+ years ago. I also received info 2nd hand from people who approached Forged customers to ask questions about their setup and were seriously considering taking their cars also to Forged. However the customers told them nightmare stories of their ordeals that dissuaded these potential customers from taking their cars to Forged. All the stories shared common complaints:
  1. poor/shoddy/incompetent workmanship
  2. getting the runaround from Sharif himself
  3. Sharif dragging his feet to make things right within a reasonable time frame
  4. Sharif using coercion to discourage them from posting negatively on the forums, including threats of refusing to fix the issues/problems with the car to threatening lawsuits
In addition, some of the stories included allegations of fraud reference parts that were paid for. Based on the stories I was told... it was quite clear that the alleged problems were way beyond the scope of QC issues and Sharif spending too much time away from the shop, since many of the allegations involved Sharif himself and how they were directly treated by him personally.

After these people came forward and confided in me, whether intentional or not... you compared them to Tiger's "******" and made reference to false victims. NO WONDER THESE GUYS ARE APPREHENSIVE TO COME FORWARD TO YOU AND/OR PUBLICLY ON THE FORUMS TO SHARE THEIR STORIES!

FWIW, I'm encouraging these guys to come forward and post their experiences publicly. I have even encouraged them to do so in your Shop Rating thread. But with Juan and Doug already being threatened with lawsuits for doing just that... it doesn't help alleviate their apprehensions for coming forward. I made a promise to each of these people that I would not reveal their identities. Ultimately, it is their decision as to whether any of them decide to post. However, I could not in good conscience remain silent after everything I was told from multiple sources. Especially with people/info that came to me UNSOLICITED.

And Mike... I will always be grateful for your efforts to mediate with Mark Gust/SGP on my behalf regarding my trans. I will never forget that.
I am disappointed that this was not brought to my attention ..... I have made it very clear that no matter what shop it is ... If they mistreated a customer .... They would feel some pain.. This has always included FP.

As far as the Tiger Woods statement....my meaning is.... Yes there are victims .... But don't believe every complaint until they can show us the dress with the *** stain! There are a lot of FP haters out there.... Some justified .... Some out of jealousy... I just don't want members coming in here posting BS that FP did this did that..... When?? Where?? How??? No pic???...

I have always said that I can accept mistakes.... But being dishonest to a customer I will not accept. I have asked many people to post in my "official shop rating thread"..... The thread is watched over my Dave and Romey... Not even I can break the rules and comment or flame someone.......

To be continued... About to land......

Ok... Where was I... Ohhh yeah...... From now on ... There is no excuse for anyone to be afraid if they post their experience in that thread.

Last edited by XKR; 04-20-2010 at 01:53 PM.
Old 04-20-2010, 02:46 PM
Aced16

Originally Posted by str8dum1
^either way the OP is getting hosed. 250$ for an alignment and $150 for spark plugs?
But they are Pulstar plugs!!!!
Old 04-20-2010, 02:53 PM
Chris@FsP
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Aced16
But they are Pulstar plugs!!!!
1-step colder plugs for a VHR are NOT cheap. Try going to auto zone or o'reillys and finding some
Old 04-20-2010, 02:59 PM
UMW350Z

Is the point of this thread to get Forged Performance to go out of business or take care of the customer?
Old 04-20-2010, 03:15 PM
Vas_Z33

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by aarantes
Funny thing Sharif is you guys have been missing this for YEARS now... Back in 07 when I brought my car to you and something went wrong I paid for my turbo to be uninstalled and be put back to as normal as possible. What do I get back? My car and a tub of plastic pieces (which I spotted and had to ask if they were mine). I can go on and on about how sh!tty my install was along with some other shady business practices but I am still debating if I want to join this drama. The reason I hadn't brought this up before is because of all the nuthuggers that follow you.
Damn alex u didn't tell me this!
Old 04-20-2010, 03:29 PM
Escobar

Received 153 Likes on 127 Posts

wow, interesting stuff here. Im glad I will only need a tune...best of luck OP
Old 04-20-2010, 04:16 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well it looks like Bert finally spilled some beans but it will take a concerted effert from Sharif to change things around.I for one know what it takes to turn a shop around as i took over a shop full of nothing but complaints and sh!!ty work a little over 2 years ago and changed it around to a profitable and a no complaint shop that customers finally like coming back too.
Old 04-20-2010, 05:04 PM
usingthejohn

i've read this thread from start to finish, and a general theme that comes up is that shops should limit the amount of cars they take in, to keep QC in check. But i have to ask, how many people would actually wait? I would imagine that a majority of people would be too impatient to wait a few days or weeks for a spot to open up, once they decide to jump into FI?

Or, in short: if you were ready to go FI, and your shop of choice told you that there would be a waiting list b/c they're at capacity, how long would you wait?
Old 04-20-2010, 05:18 PM
zman1982

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Either wait and have a great build or be impatient and get a hack job? Answer is simple.
Old 04-20-2010, 05:36 PM
GBoger

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i don't know why everyone is acting so surprised about this. this is what kind of **** happens in this line of work.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:00 PM
r0mey
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by usingthejohn
i've read this thread from start to finish, and a general theme that comes up is that shops should limit the amount of cars they take in, to keep QC in check. But i have to ask, how many people would actually wait? I would imagine that a majority of people would be too impatient to wait a few days or weeks for a spot to open up, once they decide to jump into FI?

Or, in short: if you were ready to go FI, and your shop of choice told you that there would be a waiting list b/c they're at capacity, how long would you wait?
Simple like a barber shop or doctors office. You schedule a car to come in based on business. "Ok sir you want a TT job well that is going to take a month to do so we can build your car on this date drop it off then." Have things done by appointment.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:28 PM
aarantes

Originally Posted by Vas_Z33
Damn alex u didn't tell me this!
It's not something that easy to talk about with some of the people on this forum. Also I have mostly put it behind me and do not really care anymore but all these people still trying to defend them after seeing proof like that proves my point on the nuthuggers

I personally told them to take their time on my car because I was in no hurry so impatience was not an issue.

After getting years of management under me now I see how it is easy to fall into the position that Sharif is in. He needs to take a step back and remember what made him big and a successful shop. I cannot STRESS to him and his shop how important QC is when people are spending thousands of dollars. My one complaint that I would like Sharif to really listen to is LISTEN to your costumers! Yes, you can sell and talk people into almost anything but when it comes time to listen to costumers is when you lacked in my eyes.(I asked to be there when the car was first started after install but never received that call) This can also be seen with the OP when he did not let him put his car on the lift during pick up even after spending over $20K.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:05 PM
go-fast
Banned

for customizers that struggle between ocd and profit margin they wait.how long would you wait for a riddler?5 years.......7 years?how much do you pay?.......whatever they want

my point is if you offer superior work,time and money is less of an issue to the customer.if your in a hurry get the oil change kid to do it,i bet he's ready to go
Old 04-20-2010, 08:15 PM
usingthejohn

Originally Posted by r0mey
Simple like a barber shop or doctors office. You schedule a car to come in based on business. "Ok sir you want a TT job well that is going to take a month to do so we can build your car on this date drop it off then." Have things done by appointment.
i only quoted your response because it's the simplest answer, yet seems to address a key issue: why don't shops run their business this way?

I'm assuming it's because most builds run over their estimated time; but if you've been doing it for so long, you have a general idea as to how long it takes. But, i'm also sure it's because they may lose money if a customer is ready today, but they aren't. So they try and accomodate everybody, out of fear of losing their business to another shop, whether it's established or up and coming....IMO.

However, wouldn't the customers' piece of mind ultimately lead to greater satisfaction, committments, and then to greater financial security?

Last edited by usingthejohn; 04-20-2010 at 08:17 PM.
Old 04-20-2010, 10:39 PM
G Coupe

Originally Posted by Crom
In general unfortunately, The $$ build gets the attention at any large name brand shop which in turn leaves the other 90% of the budget customers waiting.. whereas that percentage is given standard service, craftsmanship, QC. The part that sucks is to have a smooth build...NOTHING is plug and play, and there will always be something that requires a bit of love... fitting, seals, gaskets, some custom fab work,...etc etc. The more customers these shops take in to generate more revenue, the higher percentage of issues arise, whereas the waiting mystery game is played and we're all left w/ sour taste in our mouths....especially when its still not right. Shops in general should constantly police themselves (and their products) and limit the amount of clients they take on so they are still able to give a personalized shop experience to every individual regardless of the task or dollar amount.
+100000 Well said Joe!!!! I am thankful I went the route I went with my build. You cant beat the quality, service, and knowledge of that little local shop in Lake Forest!!! And they dont overcharge either

OP I wish you the best of luck with your car.

Quick Reply: Forged Performance - My Story