Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Powerlab GT35R 8lbs

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 09:11 PM
Dragonbreath

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats man. Those numbers are awesome. I bet you had the biggest grin on you face the whole way home after the tuner lol.

One day Ill have some sort of FI. I want to go with the Power Lab kit, but im not sure if Ill just end up going with twins or not. I like the PL kit because of the simplicity of the install and easier maintenence if something were to fubar.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:16 PM
Elperuano

Originally Posted by Dragonbreath
Congrats man. Those numbers are awesome. I bet you had the biggest grin on you face the whole way home after the tuner lol.
One day Ill have some sort of FI. I want to go with the Power Lab kit, but im not sure if Ill just end up going with twins or not. I like the PL kit because of the simplicity of the install and easier maintenence if something were to fubar.
To simply put my grin n feeling.. I felt like Jafar when he asked the genie to make him an all powerful genie! The pooowwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaa!
Old 05-05-2010, 09:18 PM
Ryank327

Originally Posted by Elperuano
To simply put my grin n feeling.. I felt like Jafar when he asked the genie to make him an all powerful genie! The pooowwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaa!
hahaha Can't wait till I get boosted and can feel like that, I should probably bring an extra pair of pants for the first time the BOV goes off.
Old 05-06-2010, 07:35 AM
Jtran Studios
Vendor - Former Vendor

congrats on the numbers! just wanna say that retarding the timing doesnt make the af richer or leaner. to make it richer or leaner you have to adjust the actual fueling side of the table.
Old 05-06-2010, 07:48 AM
Elperuano

Originally Posted by Jtran Studios
congrats on the numbers! just wanna say that retarding the timing doesnt make the af richer or leaner. to make it richer or leaner you have to adjust the actual fueling side of the table.
Yea he input more fuel on the chart or whatever and pulled back some timing as well... Not too sure as I said cuz im still learning the Haltech but I do know it was a very conservative tune.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:31 AM
midz350

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

pics of the car? wheels?
Old 05-06-2010, 08:42 AM
thatv35guy

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Very nice results!

Once my kit’s installed…I’m planning to run 6 psi on my G coupe…Just 3 or 4 more weeks

Old 05-06-2010, 08:54 AM
Elperuano

quick shot.
Attached Thumbnails Powerlab GT35R 8lbs-sideview-001.jpg  
Old 05-06-2010, 08:57 AM
Elperuano

Originally Posted by thatv35guy
Very nice results!

Once my kit’s installed…I’m planning to run 6 psi on my G coupe…Just 3 or 4 more weeks

nice
We did a quick run from 3k to 5.5k and it hit 6lbs for 342hp n 321 tq.. Which was very impressive considering we didnt even really push it
Old 05-06-2010, 09:16 AM
thatv35guy

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Yeah, my bro has a 350Z with a PowerLab 35R turbo at 6 psi with ProEFI and he’s pushing between 360 – 380 whp and trapping between 116 – 118 mph at the drag strip in Chandler, AZ. I’ll be happy with that.

What bumper are you going with?

I picked up a Nismo for my coupe…it has the same restriction as your sport bumper.
Old 05-06-2010, 11:24 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

The tune is VERY conservative and its still making damn good power. Ill try to post up a vid later but it kinda sucks cuz was taken on my htc tilt. Dannys got the pics of install if he wants to post em up here that would be cool
Big thanks to Danny and Roger at Japtrix for everything. N also Powerlab (even though i had certain issues) but Han at Powerlab for the overnight fittings.
hey man, didnt get a chance to post yesterday, but as i told you (again)congrats on the new power. Enjoy it and drive safe!

... he could've had it done in like 2-3 days. Of course he wanted to make sure everything was done right and we had to wait on some parts that were wrong.
Roger said he was also impressed with the numbers it made.
i think he did a pretty good job, and most of the common issues fitting piping were handled by him well before you talked to han. Being his 1st PL kit(i think) a bit of patience is smart, but i am sure next one he does ill go in 2/3s the time if not less.

quick shot.
video?

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 05-06-2010 at 11:25 AM.
Old 05-06-2010, 06:23 PM
350zfun19

Wow. That's a nice fawkin car! My friend has a Z with a powerlab kit on it. it is soooo fun to drive. I bet u can't stop driving it lol
Old 05-06-2010, 06:47 PM
phreaktor
¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Damn, why can't I have a Z knowledgeable friend to help me with my install when I get it?

GG, how long did that take?
Old 05-06-2010, 07:46 PM
midz350

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

is it me or is it really the G35 coupe guys have better taste in wheels than the 350Z guys dunno..
Old 05-06-2010, 08:03 PM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

As Danny said, Im bout to order the k2 remix or kuruma.. ill flip a coin tomorrow and decide which one. Roger told me changing the bumper would totally help the air flow (duh) and would gimme more power. Im assuming it might cause some lose but for now it seems fine. In open environment stock bumper doesnt seem that bad at all.

The stock bumper just looks so nice.

I still run it on mine and don't have intake temp issues until i do a bunch of pulls. With normal driving temps (90F) i can do WOT from a dig through 4th gear and only get temps to 130's. That's on 14psi on my vortech with a full built engine. The only time my intake temps start to rise is if i do back to back long WOT runs. You shouldn't have heat issues with only 8psi and that large cooler even with it behind stock.

And the tuner is a little misleading on getting more air to it and getting more power. It will only yeild more power if you tune to it, and truthfully it will have the same power as your first WOT pull when the intercooler is cold. After that it will drop off so having the front end open just prolongs the drop off. It's not that severe though.

congrats on the new setup. car looks good. I always loved caribbean blue.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:38 PM
Ryank327

Originally Posted by midz350
is it me or is it really the G35 coupe guys have better taste in wheels than the 350Z guys dunno..
Thats because over on G35Driver 80% of the postings are about wheels, we come over here for the performance stuff
Old 05-06-2010, 08:44 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

personaly, i guess since an bumper upgrade is needed mainly for performance more so than on teh 350z..from your choices i like the k2 remix... dont do karuma....
PErsonaly i always liked the topsecret one...i think you can get a black OEM(like) grill...i think that would add a nice touch.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:46 PM
jeffie7

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by phreaktor
Damn, why can't I have a Z knowledgeable friend to help me with my install when I get it?

GG, how long did that take?

Guess you have to move to Maryland

OP glad you got it all together. 2 years later I have zero regret of buying my powerlab kit.
Old 05-07-2010, 12:22 AM
Elperuano

[QUOTE=binder;8363632]The stock bumper just looks so nice.

I still run it on mine and don't have intake temp issues until i do a bunch of pulls. With normal driving temps (90F) i can do WOT from a dig through 4th gear and only get temps to 130's. That's on 14psi on my vortech with a full built engine. The only time my intake temps start to rise is if i do back to back long WOT runs. You shouldn't have heat issues with only 8psi and that large cooler even with it behind stock.

And the tuner is a little misleading on getting more air to it and getting more power. It will only yeild more power if you tune to it, and truthfully it will have the same power as your first WOT pull when the intercooler is cold. After that it will drop off so having the front end open just prolongs the drop off. It's not that severe though.

congrats on the new setup. car looks good. I always loved caribbean blue.[/QUOTE]
Mine is Athens Blue
Old 05-07-2010, 12:26 AM
Elperuano

Thanks everyone for the comments I must say its a blast to drive and torque is like a kick in the a$s when driving..
I love my wheel fitment, although it really sucks cuz its hard to put down the power and i fishtail a lot more than i did with NA setup but it looks great n now has REAL power behind it
Ive only driven it 1 day since the tune and I have a grin from ear to ear everytime. Can't say I regret buying the kit cuz its well thought out and puts down great power. Im loving it for now.
Front bumper so far hasn't been an issue but as I said im gettin pricing done for the K2 remix. Im slammed to the ground so I need sumthin that'll open up for the intercooler and also not scrape as bad as im scraping now..
Overall im happy. Loving the boost power!
Vids will be up later tomorrow hopefully!

Quick Reply: Powerlab GT35R 8lbs